Syngenta

Syngenta Employee Reviews

learned a lot
Process Technician (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMay 14, 2015
It was a nice place to work. Good people, good hours, good pay. I enjoyed my time with the company. Learned what it takes to be a team player and how to be a great process technician.
Allows for open ended problem solving
Supply & Production Planner (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 9, 2015
A typical 8-5 work schedule. Had a sense of being able to schedule my own day, as long as I got the work done. I learned a lot about the agriculture industry, and gained a lot of experience in Excel. My management wasn't the most competent in terms of understanding my role, so it was hard when I needed support. However I think that was an isolated experience. Co-workers were great.
awesome experience
Business Controller (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2015
wonderful company to work with and really enjoy my time here. Very good work/life balance.

Collaborative with a good culture but very poor management
Domain Delivery Lead, Biotech and Breeding (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2015
Pros: Collaborative environment, good benefits
Cons: Poor Management
While Syngenta has a highly collaborative environment and a clear vision it is greatly hampered by poor management. Some managers are skilled but they are few and far between.
enjoyed my time with Syngenta
Territory Sales Manager, Grand Ledge, MI (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 29, 2015
good team approach to sales. management was very helpful in working to help you meet your goals. Contact and interaction with customers was mostly a fun part of the job.
It was a good company to work for expect for manangement
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Nampa, IDApril 29, 2015
Pros: really familiy orianted
Cons: not a lot of hiring posibilaties
I would have love to still have been working for the company but, they don't hire that often. And I feel that management could be better. Not so self involved with there own preferences. Other then that every day was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot of agriculture and plant/vegetables.
Required and trained about the supply chain industry
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: I feel very confident in what I learned, I can have added more relevant skills and qualifications
Cons: I feel that the new manager was not aware of my responsibilities, too busy to speak with me
While working as a contract worker at Syngenta I learned more about the chemical industry. I multi-tasked and learned the finance procedure and monitoring the import / export of the supply chain.
I worked well with my co-workers in supporting them.

The hardest part of my job was learning the chemical supply chain industry compared to the furniture industry that I previously worked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I did learn a lot from this position and added to my work performance / career.
Productive and fun work place
Sr.SAP MDM Consultant (Former Employee), TNApril 2, 2015
Pros: Nil
Cons: Nil
-> Excellent place to work.

-> Learnt almost all new updates.

-> Good management.

-> Very supportive colleagues.

-> Nothing found hardest.

-> Everything enjoyed in the company.
Syngenta Crop Protection Corporation
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - TANK FARM OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good paying company
Cons: dangerous work environment
An aging plant work environment which brings with it a level of danger. Good training program, with good people that works there.
Good work experience
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Salinas Puerto RicoMarch 7, 2015
Pros: non stress full envirioment
Cons: healthcare
I have the opportunity to continue develop my skills in managing large groups and develop my research skills. I develop 3 new projects in the site, the first one is the Commercial Corn Isolation, the second is the Nursery Sunflower program that include crossing blocks and selfing blocks and the last project was the Sugarcane Research.
Great place to work, good people. Admins must be adaptable to frequent changes.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: reaping rewards program, good benefits, good employee relations
Cons: cafeteria not the greatest, disconnect with lower level employees, manager rotations
Syngenta has a great benefits package and has many positive employee programs. Their Reaping Rewards health program - offering cash rewards for healthy lifestyle choices - is one of the top in the nation. Syngenta is willing to work with employees on the possibility of flex time, has a good vacation and sick leave policy and most managers are usually open to discussions.

As an international company, policy for Syngenta Greensboro is dictated by the HQ in Basel, Switzerland and any manager who wants to advance in the company understands that a few years in Basel is essential. However, there is a chasm between the two in management style, formality, and simply "how things are done" which can create conflict. At the Administrative Assistant level, and even lower management levels, this sometimes creates difficulty between obeying the boss and maintaining local ways of working. Syngenta is also always updating and changing roles, changing admin responsibilities or procedures. Admins need to be able to adapt and learn new software and ways of working quickly.

There is a subtle and obscure "glass ceiling". It is possible for an Admin to advance to other roles, but it would require strong support from her manager. Women in general have to struggle to advance in the company, and even with a college degree it can be difficult to break out of the admin role. Managers change roles frequently, so an admin has to be flexible and adaptable to a new manager who may have a completely different style.

Cafeteria is sketchy, which is odd because their catering for meetings is wonderful. Usually bland food at increasingly high prices and miserly charges for things like take-out containers. But the location is near plenty of alternate dining options.
Good company with significant challenges
Key Account Manager - E. Cornbelt and SE US (Current Employee), Cordova, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Too many managers and paperwork
Most days were spent calling on major accounts offering the latest in seed genetics.
The most enjoyment part of the job was establishing long term relationships with customers.
Excellent to Employees / Leader to Customers
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Great Company. Global leader in Agriculture. Is honest and straight forward with customers and always does the right thing.

Management is good, lots of training available and promotions are available when you do the work.
Good office culture with support to advance
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria
Good networking and open office environment. There are many departments to network cross functionally. However this can also cause lack of communication between departments leading to duplicate work and not being aligned. Rigorous process to get into the company but once you're in it's easy to stay.
very goal oriented and result driven job.
facilities management II (Current Employee), MNFebruary 9, 2015
Paying bills, setting up vendors. Making sure fellow colleagues are comfortable but following company policy. Work with Vendors on numerous projects through out.
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world.
Head, North America R&D Trait Development (Current Employee), Clinton, ILFebruary 7, 2015
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world. I would recommend a career with Syngenta to people interested in global seeds and crop protection.
Great Work place
Process Operator (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: valuable operator experience
Cons: working for contractor
Great work place. Currently working as a contract operator. I am seeking an opportunity to work for a company. A typical day of work consists of monitoring the process for any signs of problems. Check pressure gauges, opening and closing valves, and communicating with board operator to assure safe and environment friendly production.
Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: chance of advancement not good
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
To much like high school.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee), Pasco, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: simple
Cons: low pay
I wasn't really feeling the work place environment with the employees but the job at hand was very intriguing.
I was comfortable with my daily tasks.
Great people and culture
Project Manager / On Site Representative (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, work and projects
Syngenta is an awesome place to work. The people are fantastic, the culture and environment is unbeatable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Salaries