Syngenta Employee Reviews

My team was great, but upper management not so much.
Sales Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 6, 2017
Syngenta is undergoing a change as it was just purchased by Chem China. My office was closed due to downsizing for the sale. I will not be retained after December 31st, 2017. I would stay with this company if I could. The benefits are fantastic and my team is beyond awesome! Overall, if you have an opportunity to work for Syngenta, take it!
Pros
Benefits, management is easy to talk with
Cons
no room for advancement, management not on the same page
Farming
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIAugust 24, 2017
It is a good job to learn agriculture work if farming is the a career you are wanting to look into. But the draw back is that you are working in dangerous pesticides that will affect you in the long run.
Great place!
NA (Former Employee) –  MinnetonkaAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work! Some of the most hard working, pro-active managers I have ever worked with.

Culture- caring people that are devoted to agriculture and helping those around them advance their knowledge.
Productive and Fun.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRAugust 18, 2017
It was a good job and it was a great experience to learn more about maintenance, cleaning and social talk about the work and personal but i liked it, never a dull day with the co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Company
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 10, 2017
Company really cares about its employees and making them better. Help employees develop and advance within the company. Great work life balance and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
very fun nice time there
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAAugust 2, 2017
very cool learned drive forklift sitdown the most enjoyable part of the job payday workplace culture do your job to your best ability working at a good place
Great Work Environment
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2017
Have to be safe dealing with chemicals. Have to take several changes of clothes due to the chemicals and work area and safety hazards. Hours are long sometimes and inconsistent. But weekly pay.
Contract personnel used to be a good thing.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 27, 2017
Used to be a fun place to work and I enjoyed my job. There is no management in US to make decisions. They are all in the UK. It's all about power and control.
Great Place to Work
Production & Supply Finance Analyst-Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2017
Worked as a contractor @ Syngenta. People are friendly, helpful, and everyone works as a team. Documented processes are very important. I enjoyed going to work for the 4 months I worked as a contractor. I could not have asked for a better assignment! Management is actually in tune with the employees.

I enjoyed working with and helping train the Uruguay team for the transition.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Very laid back atmosphere and great place to work
Truck Dispatcher/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay, ARJuly 14, 2017
The crew at Syngenta was like family. Everybody was so fun to work with. I learned so much from everyone on staff. I actually regret leaving Syngenta, but my position was only temporary. I would definitely encourage others to work here.
Pros
Boss would treat lunch on every other Friday.
Cons
Temporary position
it was productive
Package Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2017
plant enviornment u run assembly lines and stack bags on pallets a certain amount high i think 50 pounds for 12 hours the people was cool around there and very friendly
Pros
holidays free turkeys etc
Cons
nothin really
Job Work/Life Balance great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 6, 2017
The work life balance is great at Syngenta and the people there are fantastic to work with. Tons of really smart people that truly love what they are doing. Management is lacking and there is no clear vision. Process improvement is horrible and cannot commit to staying focus on the task at hand.
Pros
people, coworkers, work life balance
Cons
management, leadership
Stressful not honest or fair but safe,requires lots of patience... Most supervisors are 2faced and break all safety rules, they don't lead by example
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 1, 2017
Gotta be very patient and know how to take criticism and ready to take late notices and willing to step out your job description and willingness to work pass your set hours. Syngenta never keeps their word and treat the office workers better than warehouse workers and try to make it up by holiday parties. Still a job to get a little cash but not to get permanent. I recommend it for for a learning experience but not for a career. I worked from 2013 to 2017 off and on and every time I went back nothing ever really changed except the main Sups and saftey committee I worked just for a quick buck but regretted it every time I went back but I'm the person who starts something and have to finish it. Not to mention you don't have a choice when it's the only place hiring and it's a easy job to get.
Pros
Safety is first priority but Supervisors don't practice what they preach or promote
Cons
Not honest and poor pay and late notices and don't work with your life schedule
Rewarding to contribute to global food security
Head of R&D Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 26, 2017
The company is ideologically aligned with my principles. Leader in crop protection, and growing in the seeds space, well on the right track with new leadership.
Excellent Company
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Aguirre, PR 00704June 26, 2017
Its a very strong company, provides a excellent working environment. Its very focus on team for operational continuous improvements. its very focus on safety employee.
Not a place to work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 25, 2017
Project Managers are known to make bad plans as do not consult with technical team working on the project and make ridiculous plans which are not achievable. They publish same plans and expect us to meet the project mile stones without understanding that goals they set are un-realistic. Also, there goes a lot behind the screens which lead to fire people to safe-guard their interests
Pros
None, just avoid this company.
Cons
Not a place to work, unrealistic goals, Unfit project managers
Large Corporation
Regional Infrastructure Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NE 68069June 23, 2017
Large company with many options to keep your interest. Always struggels in a large company to make changes happen. Diverse group of people to work with.
It's a decent place if you are not contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slater, IAJune 16, 2017
As a contractor I don't get any benefit besides experience working here but I enjoy my immediate work group. There is a big gap between full time people and contractors and Syngenta is not ashamed to point it out.
Decent place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 12, 2017
Pretty good place to worked have met a lot of good people here i enjoy my work schedule for the most part although most of the time we are under staffed largely from high turn over rate so it makes are jobs a lot more demanding
Pros
Health insurance 401k vacation
Cons
lack of full time employees
job details
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILMay 31, 2017
T credits in Plant Science Physiology and Anatomy, Germplasm and Genes, Self-Pollination, Cross Pollination. I currently work for Syngenta in the lab/ greenhouse, and I understand responsibility and job duties of test plot, data collection, data entry, while providing a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. I also support in collecting and entering various field observation data types and phenotyping data. I also ensure good judgment and discretion, while being responsible for identifying abnormalities that will require further research when analyzing data points.