Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: chance of advancement not good
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
To much like high school.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee), Pasco, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: simple
Cons: low pay
I wasn't really feeling the work place environment with the employees but the job at hand was very intriguing.
I was comfortable with my daily tasks.
Great people and culture
Project Manager / On Site Representative (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, work and projects
Syngenta is an awesome place to work. The people are fantastic, the culture and environment is unbeatable.
Flat organization with intelligent and helpful people
Process Engineer, GB Biosciences (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: pretty flat organization
Cons: locations
My experience is mainly as a chemical engineer at the manufacturing plants. I've been impressed both by how the organization attempts to share knowledge across geographical locations and the development of its employees. The company stresses a healthy work-life balance, and encourages collaboration across many different sectors. Everyone I've worked – more... with has been kind and helpful. – less
Great Summer Internship
Product Labeling & Technology Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the Greensboro site. Very predictable work schedule and reasonable expectations from supervisor. Wage was reflective of my skill-level and the type of work I was completing.
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you learn alot of information on the job
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they – more... all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well. – less
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, – more... and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling. – less
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: gift cards for achievements
Cons: working every weekend
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except – more... the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging. – less
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee), Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no benefits
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: congenial work place
Cons: anxiety of job role changes
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: career growth, money.
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
excellence job opportunity
Operations Intern (Current Employee), PRJune 23, 2014
Since I am at Syngenta, I've learned to love the agricultural area. Also, I learned to get worried about my employees health and safety. Working in Syngenta has giving me the opportunity to develop myself in many ways as a person and as a professional.
Productive Scientific lab
Dayporter (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 22, 2014
I enjoy the experience of the labs .Its interesting how plants grow.
Organized and productive work with great management.
Crew member (Former Employee), DeWitt, IowaJune 17, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
Detasseling corn by hand with a crew. I learned to work with a team and use time management skills. The hardest part was walking all day but it was enjoyable because the crew leaders kept us busy and always were telling us ways to improve.
Typical Day
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJune 15, 2014
Good place to work just low pay, and some of the supervisors are very out there element.
Management and co-workers are easy to work with.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Lone Tree, IAJune 12, 2014
Pros: very good learning opportunities for various types of jobs, also syngenta has a very good benefit program.
Cons: inconsistent work schedule and pay could be better.
For the most part a typical day for me is very easy. I inspect the equipment that I use and start my process that I need to proficiently treat seed corn with chemicals.
I have learned a great deal about safety and the safe handling of chemicals and the safe usage of equipment and tools.
Management here at Syngenta are very friendly people and very helpful – more... and caring to your needs.
Co-workers at Syngenta are some of the best people that I have had the privilege of working with. They are very friendly and very willing to help you when you need them. That is what a team is all about.
The hardest part of my job is the inconsistent work schedule. The hours you work can change at any time.
The best parts of my job are the people that I work for and with and the great safety program that we have. Its really nice to know that a company cares as much as this company does about your safety. – less
Excelent place to work and personal development
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Central America and Caribbean regionJune 8, 2014
Pros: friendly, commitment
Cons: healtcare, good benefits
Syngenta was a good place to work, with dinamic and development personal things, learned everyday with my coworkers, all time make a capacitation in the areas where ones development.

1 2 3 4 5

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs¬†were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos