Syngenta Employee Reviews

Very laid back atmosphere and great place to work
Truck Dispatcher/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay, ARJuly 14, 2017
The crew at Syngenta was like family. Everybody was so fun to work with. I learned so much from everyone on staff. I actually regret leaving Syngenta, but my position was only temporary. I would definitely encourage others to work here.
Pros
Boss would treat lunch on every other Friday.
Cons
Temporary position
it was productive
Package Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2017
plant enviornment u run assembly lines and stack bags on pallets a certain amount high i think 50 pounds for 12 hours the people was cool around there and very friendly
Pros
holidays free turkeys etc
Cons
nothin really
Job Work/Life Balance great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 6, 2017
The work life balance is great at Syngenta and the people there are fantastic to work with. Tons of really smart people that truly love what they are doing. Management is lacking and there is no clear vision. Process improvement is horrible and cannot commit to staying focus on the task at hand.
Pros
people, coworkers, work life balance
Cons
management, leadership
Stressful not honest or fair but safe,requires lots of patience... Most supervisors are 2faced and break all safety rules, they don't lead by example
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 1, 2017
Gotta be very patient and know how to take criticism and ready to take late notices and willing to step out your job description and willingness to work pass your set hours. Syngenta never keeps their word and treat the office workers better than warehouse workers and try to make it up by holiday parties. Still a job to get a little cash but not to get permanent. I recommend it for for a learning experience but not for a career. I worked from 2013 to 2017 off and on and every time I went back nothing ever really changed except the main Sups and saftey committee I worked just for a quick buck but regretted it every time I went back but I'm the person who starts something and have to finish it. Not to mention you don't have a choice when it's the only place hiring and it's a easy job to get.
Pros
Safety is first priority but Supervisors don't practice what they preach or promote
Cons
Not honest and poor pay and late notices and don't work with your life schedule
Rewarding to contribute to global food security
Head of R&D Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 26, 2017
The company is ideologically aligned with my principles. Leader in crop protection, and growing in the seeds space, well on the right track with new leadership.
Excellent Company
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Aguirre, PR 00704June 26, 2017
Its a very strong company, provides a excellent working environment. Its very focus on team for operational continuous improvements. its very focus on safety employee.
Not a place to work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 25, 2017
Project Managers are known to make bad plans as do not consult with technical team working on the project and make ridiculous plans which are not achievable. They publish same plans and expect us to meet the project mile stones without understanding that goals they set are un-realistic. Also, there goes a lot behind the screens which lead to fire people to safe-guard their interests
Pros
None, just avoid this company.
Cons
Not a place to work, unrealistic goals, Unfit project managers
Large Corporation
Regional Infrastructure Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NE 68069June 23, 2017
Large company with many options to keep your interest. Always struggels in a large company to make changes happen. Diverse group of people to work with.
It's a decent place if you are not contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slater, IAJune 16, 2017
As a contractor I don't get any benefit besides experience working here but I enjoy my immediate work group. There is a big gap between full time people and contractors and Syngenta is not ashamed to point it out.
Decent place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 12, 2017
Pretty good place to worked have met a lot of good people here i enjoy my work schedule for the most part although most of the time we are under staffed largely from high turn over rate so it makes are jobs a lot more demanding
Pros
Health insurance 401k vacation
Cons
lack of full time employees
job details
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILMay 31, 2017
T credits in Plant Science Physiology and Anatomy, Germplasm and Genes, Self-Pollination, Cross Pollination. I currently work for Syngenta in the lab/ greenhouse, and I understand responsibility and job duties of test plot, data collection, data entry, while providing a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. I also support in collecting and entering various field observation data types and phenotyping data. I also ensure good judgment and discretion, while being responsible for identifying abnormalities that will require further research when analyzing data points.
Warehouse
Packager Techinican (Current Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LAMay 19, 2017
This company is very poor in management. Us worker's don't get any recognizing. They have poor understanding when it comes to the employee's. We have no say so about nothing.We stay getting threatened to get terminated.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILMay 19, 2017
I had a good time there. it was a summer job that i had gotten because it was above minimum wage and it was also a learning experience. i'm always wiling to learn and that's why i enjoyed my time at syngenta.
Pros
good hours and pay.
Cons
Comfortable Place to work at.
Q/A (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 17, 2017
Awesome place to work at. friendly co-workers and job Advancements are an option. would definitely work there again! They care about your safety in and out of work hours.
Pros
nice lunch area. adequate breaks, advancement options
Cons
seasonal
It was grueling work, but paid well and had good management.
Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Seward, NEMay 15, 2017
A typical work day consisted of early mornings and long days. On average I would be exhausted after each day. I did learn a lot about how corn is researched and bred. The management was respectable and well mannered on most occasions. The culture seemed hostile at times as most of my coworkers were goofing off. Most of them were complacent at best, and disrespectful and vindictive at their worst. Unfortunately I do not see a way around the problem as the management there is not meant for babysitting and they can't simply fire everyone who misbehaves as they would not have enough workers to complete the pollinating season. The hardest part of the job was definitely the few weeks we had to work through the whole week. They were grueling, but worth the overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships made with the workers who earned their wage and gave respect were it was due while still having fun when they could.
Pros
Good Pay, reasonable breaks, good management
Cons
Long hours, limited days off, rough working conditions
overall good
Backup Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 12, 2017
No advancement but good environment. Only supervisors are Syngenta employees the rest of the workers are through a third party contractor. Christmas parties and good safety program
Pros
long lunch
Cons
no benefits
Productive work place
Contract Risk Assessor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 12, 2017
Fun work place, that can be fast paced and stressful. Overall a balanced work load. Learn exciting new risk assessment techniques dealing with key issues with the US EPA and Canadian PMRA.
Productive but conservative
Senior Toxicologist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 2, 2017
It is very productive company with highly qualified scientists with very conservative culture. Things move extremely slow there and need many meetings across the globe in order to move forward.
Good salary/benefits but literally everything else is lousy
Finance (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2017
The on boarding process sets a poor example to a new employee from the start. Outsourcing (cost cutting) is continuous, and working with colleagues in India, Uruguay, Bulgaria, etc can be a challenge. Very impersonal and ambiguous environment. Too many (poor) managers. Manager sets a ridiculous number of goals and your performance (bonus/raise) is based solely on that. No appreciation or recognition for daily work.

Currently, Syngenta is in the process of a large Finance department restructuring (AKA everyone losing their jobs) to South America that will last until 2020. No loyalty, moral is down, angry employees, and fear of unemployment is the tone of the office.

If you are willing to work like a horse and tolerate a lot of non sense, Syngenta is the place for you. You must be willing to take each day by day because there is no job security. Job advancement is only an opportunity if you know the right people. The most enjoyable part of my job is my paycheck and the benefits are good.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
everything other than salary and benefits
Not bad.
Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAApril 19, 2017
The 401k plan is a waste, what you put in there you cant get back if you choose to leave and work somewhere else. The job isnt hard at all. It is slightly unsafe and theres a good risk of inhaling or coming into contact with herbicides.