Syngenta Employee Reviews

Productive, provides good environment
Agricultural Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Good environment, the worker's safety was priority. A 5-15 minute meeting was given at the beginning of each day to all workers about safety and upcoming events and any issues Everyone helped out each other when needed. One of the hardest part must have been the hot weather outside. The most enjoyable part was learning new tasks.
Pros
Breaks were always given on time
Productive and fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed the time that i worked. It's an unforgettable learning experience. Challenging but fun place of work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for work. Every staff member there were great team leaders and they made sure that everyone was safe at the work place.
Pros
Breaks were nice
Cons
The sun.
Good compesation and work / life balance doesn't make up for the buearcracy
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2017
The review is based on a specific organization within the company, sustainable excellence.
Good: Total compensation, work / life balance opportunity, multi-cultural.
Difficult: Organizational structure is highly matrixed with no clear ownership on decision making. Lots of bureaucracy, slow on change processes that involve IS solutions. Career opportunities limited. Most key functions are either outsourced or offshored.
Annual major reorganizations across different divisions within the company.
Pros
Work / Life Balance, Total compesation package
Cons
Bureaucracy, highly matrix organizational structure
Unfair
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 18, 2016
While working with Sygenta i was harassed cussed at and told i would be fired even though i did nothing to recieve my walking papers. Management were unprofessional and had a lack of respect towards the workers on the line.
Pros
Plenty of Job choices
Cons
Benefits, Management Attitudes
Great global company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 16, 2016
I loved working for Syngenta. They had a great team of qualified individuals. Loved the travel for this job; in the US and abroad.
Agriculture
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HISeptember 22, 2016
Its an ok company. Its a big corporate company. Don't really know much people. Really don't remember much about it. Wouldn't work there again.
Good work environment with interesting work
Procurement Co-op (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
I was working as a procurement co-op with Syngenta during my MBA. The work was interesting and the direct procurement team was very helpful and fun to work with.
all you do was by a training
Planting and Harvesting Supervisor of Corn (Former Employee) –  Salinas, PRAugust 6, 2016
never got the chance to improve on the job, every move that you made was a rutined plan and if you did something that wasn't supposed to then you get a warnign or you get fired
Work
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJuly 18, 2016
Good place to work, very competitive pay and benefits. Good retirement, very laid back place to work. The money upside outweighs the negatives.
Inside job, Agriculture based, data entry
Coordinator, Multiplication Order Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Glenn, CAJuly 17, 2016
I am appreciative for the skills that I have learned from this job. I use Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Google Earth Pro and SAP on a daily bases.
A typical day can be a challenge because of the obstacles and time-clock constraints that an international company faces. As I come onto work many of my colleagues are calling it a day. It is imperative that any correspondence or work related issues be addressed with that time crunch in mind.
Much of what I do is computer based and probably what I dislike most about my job. I am a people person, and I miss the social interaction.
Agriculture is a VERY interesting business, always changing, always a challenge, always something new to be learned, I really like that about Syngenta and my job.
Life Balance is Good
Invoicing Specialist - Non Commercial Seeds (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 14, 2016
Our company's Director promotes Life Work Balance and Team Work. I have watched the culture change into a more positive one in the four years that I have worked here.
Pros
Life Work Balance, Flexible Work Schedule
Seasonal
Lead Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alva, FLJuly 11, 2016
Decent company if your looking for a seasonal job, Difficult to keep a job, they usually hired through a third party, Hard working conditions outside
Results oriented.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Aguirre, PR 00704July 1, 2016
season driven work environment. long hours during peak periods. good learning on seed development and business. team work is important in order to succeed. beautifully location.
A fast past global environment.
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 24, 2016
Syngenta is constantly changing. Good place for someone who is looking for a challenge and willing to give more than 8 hours a day.
Pros
Challenging, global environment, excellant benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance.
Syngenta is overall a good company.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2016
I worked with great team members and management in the Customer Service department. I was hired to help with their EOP sales program during their busiest sales order season (September - December) two years in a row. This season was the only time this department needed additional help. I worked with an exception team and enjoyed this job. I would loved to have stayed if there had been a permanent opening.
Pros
Great team and manager.
Cons
No permanent openings.
Turmoil and lack of direction
Business Controller (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2016
With the downturn in commodity pricing Syngenta lost its way. Cost cutting is the new norm. Very difficult environment to progress in North America for Finance folks.
Great Company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 27, 2016
This company has been great to work for.

A typical day consists of calling customers to get order verification

I learned how to use a new system (SAP)

I met some wonderful people we worked well together as a team

The hardest part of the job was finding the product to ship

The most enjoyable part was knowing that what I did helped to fulfill the customers order so they could get the products they needed.
Pros
Great hours and great people to work with
Cons
Layoff every year, no benefits.
Productive workplace with project challenges
MOLECULAR BIOLOGY SCIENTIST 1 (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLMay 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting project and kind co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the inexperienced managerial staff at our site.

A typical work day in research and development included writing protocols, completing experiments, supervising research associates, writing reports/presentations.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Team leads were inexperienced.
Summer Job working in the Fields
Genetic Scientist (Field Laborer) (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 26, 2016
A typical day was between 6 and 8 hours of work. It was tough at first but got easier. It was just long tedious work. We got breaks throughout the day and a lunch break. I learned how to work a lot more, and also gained leadership skills. The management was fine except they communicated poorly with the temporary work agency.
Pros
Breaks, Lunch, Weekly Employee of the Week
Cons
Too many employees, Not a long work period
A fun place, but productive also
Field worker (Former Employee) –  Wapella, ILApril 17, 2016
As I previously mentioned it was a fun work environment, we joked, and talked. but most importantly we worked. The "crew" leaders were the people who kept us in our place. they encouraged us and pushed us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syngenta. Our community is ready to answer.