Syngenta Employee Reviews

Productive workplace packaging and handling
Pipefitter Maintenance/Construction (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LAOctober 18, 2017
A typical day at work, packing boxes and filling them up with die through a machine. Then loading them up in rails until they are ready to be handled. I learned to drive a standup lift and how to change the battery to it. The management was really fair it stayed clean in the area. The worst part of the job was maybe the cold heat but its only normal. The enjoyable part of the job was learning.
Great learning experience
Research and Development General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 16, 2017
I have worked on the animal side of agriculture for several years and the GA opportunity was a great learning experience for the equipment and crop side.
Pros
Attended Field Days which were very interesting and another great learning experience.
Cons
Sometimes overtime meant spending a few late nights in order to get crops in the ground.
Lack of Management
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 12, 2017
Very little opportunities for advancement. This lack of advancement has created a culture that is extremely cut-throat. Do your best to be connected with fellow co-workers, and remember to watch your back.
Production Company
Worker (Former Employee) –  PROctober 12, 2017
There is a constrain due to the climate conditions. If there is rain then there is no work for current employees. Beyond that it is a good job to be part of it.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 12, 2017
i enjoyed my summer internship. i learned a lot and got to see another side of the agriculture field. i enjoyed working closely with scientist and farmers.
Fast paced and challenging
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Glyndon, MNOctober 8, 2017
It is like any agriculturally based company the spring and fall are extremely fast paced and hectic but you have time to catch your breath and recharge in the winter.
Great people
Corporate GC/Regional Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 30, 2017
Syngenta has great people who are passionate about what they do and strive to find innovative ways to improve agriculture and feed a growing world population.
My team was great, but upper management not so much.
Sales Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 6, 2017
Syngenta is undergoing a change as it was just purchased by Chem China. My office was closed due to downsizing for the sale. I will not be retained after December 31st, 2017. I would stay with this company if I could. The benefits are fantastic and my team is beyond awesome! Overall, if you have an opportunity to work for Syngenta, take it!
Pros
Benefits, management is easy to talk with
Cons
no room for advancement, management not on the same page
Farming
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIAugust 24, 2017
It is a good job to learn agriculture work if farming is the a career you are wanting to look into. But the draw back is that you are working in dangerous pesticides that will affect you in the long run.
Great place!
NA (Former Employee) –  MinnetonkaAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work! Some of the most hard working, pro-active managers I have ever worked with.

Culture- caring people that are devoted to agriculture and helping those around them advance their knowledge.
Productive and Fun.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRAugust 18, 2017
It was a good job and it was a great experience to learn more about maintenance, cleaning and social talk about the work and personal but i liked it, never a dull day with the co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Company
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 10, 2017
Company really cares about its employees and making them better. Help employees develop and advance within the company. Great work life balance and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
very fun nice time there
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAAugust 2, 2017
very cool learned drive forklift sitdown the most enjoyable part of the job payday workplace culture do your job to your best ability working at a good place
Great Work Environment
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2017
Have to be safe dealing with chemicals. Have to take several changes of clothes due to the chemicals and work area and safety hazards. Hours are long sometimes and inconsistent. But weekly pay.
Contract personnel used to be a good thing.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 27, 2017
Used to be a fun place to work and I enjoyed my job. There is no management in US to make decisions. They are all in the UK. It's all about power and control.
Great Place to Work
Production & Supply Finance Analyst-Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2017
Worked as a contractor @ Syngenta. People are friendly, helpful, and everyone works as a team. Documented processes are very important. I enjoyed going to work for the 4 months I worked as a contractor. I could not have asked for a better assignment! Management is actually in tune with the employees.

I enjoyed working with and helping train the Uruguay team for the transition.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Very laid back atmosphere and great place to work
Truck Dispatcher/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay, ARJuly 14, 2017
The crew at Syngenta was like family. Everybody was so fun to work with. I learned so much from everyone on staff. I actually regret leaving Syngenta, but my position was only temporary. I would definitely encourage others to work here.
Pros
Boss would treat lunch on every other Friday.
Cons
Temporary position
it was productive
Package Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2017
plant enviornment u run assembly lines and stack bags on pallets a certain amount high i think 50 pounds for 12 hours the people was cool around there and very friendly
Pros
holidays free turkeys etc
Cons
nothin really
Job Work/Life Balance great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 6, 2017
The work life balance is great at Syngenta and the people there are fantastic to work with. Tons of really smart people that truly love what they are doing. Management is lacking and there is no clear vision. Process improvement is horrible and cannot commit to staying focus on the task at hand.
Pros
people, coworkers, work life balance
Cons
management, leadership
Stressful not honest or fair but safe,requires lots of patience... Most supervisors are 2faced and break all safety rules, they don't lead by example
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 1, 2017
Gotta be very patient and know how to take criticism and ready to take late notices and willing to step out your job description and willingness to work pass your set hours. Syngenta never keeps their word and treat the office workers better than warehouse workers and try to make it up by holiday parties. Still a job to get a little cash but not to get permanent. I recommend it for for a learning experience but not for a career. I worked from 2013 to 2017 off and on and every time I went back nothing ever really changed except the main Sups and saftey committee I worked just for a quick buck but regretted it every time I went back but I'm the person who starts something and have to finish it. Not to mention you don't have a choice when it's the only place hiring and it's a easy job to get.
Pros
Safety is first priority but Supervisors don't practice what they preach or promote
Cons
Not honest and poor pay and late notices and don't work with your life schedule