Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you learn alot of information on the job
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they – more... all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well. – less
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, – more... and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling. – less
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: gift cards for achievements
Cons: working every weekend
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except – more... the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging. – less
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee), Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no benefits
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: congenial work place
Cons: anxiety of job role changes
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: career growth, money.
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
excellence job opportunity
Operations Intern (Current Employee), PRJune 23, 2014
Since I am at Syngenta, I've learned to love the agricultural area. Also, I learned to get worried about my employees health and safety. Working in Syngenta has giving me the opportunity to develop myself in many ways as a person and as a professional.
Productive Scientific lab
Dayporter (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 22, 2014
I enjoy the experience of the labs .Its interesting how plants grow.
Organized and productive work with great management.
Crew member (Former Employee), DeWitt, IowaJune 17, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits
Detasseling corn by hand with a crew. I learned to work with a team and use time management skills. The hardest part was walking all day but it was enjoyable because the crew leaders kept us busy and always were telling us ways to improve.
Typical Day
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJune 15, 2014
Good place to work just low pay, and some of the supervisors are very out there element.
Management and co-workers are easy to work with.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Lone Tree, IAJune 12, 2014
Pros: very good learning opportunities for various types of jobs, also syngenta has a very good benefit program.
Cons: inconsistent work schedule and pay could be better.
For the most part a typical day for me is very easy. I inspect the equipment that I use and start my process that I need to proficiently treat seed corn with chemicals.
I have learned a great deal about safety and the safe handling of chemicals and the safe usage of equipment and tools.
Management here at Syngenta are very friendly people and very helpful – more... and caring to your needs.
Co-workers at Syngenta are some of the best people that I have had the privilege of working with. They are very friendly and very willing to help you when you need them. That is what a team is all about.
The hardest part of my job is the inconsistent work schedule. The hours you work can change at any time.
The best parts of my job are the people that I work for and with and the great safety program that we have. Its really nice to know that a company cares as much as this company does about your safety. – less
Excelent place to work and personal development
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Central America and Caribbean regionJune 8, 2014
Pros: friendly, commitment
Cons: healtcare, good benefits
Syngenta was a good place to work, with dinamic and development personal things, learned everyday with my coworkers, all time make a capacitation in the areas where ones development.
Good people to work for and with.
Manager, Benefits, Pension & Savings Services (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: good company, good benefits, global company
Cons: offshored alot of positions
Syngenta is an excellent company with a lot of people with longevity. Although the company is growing it took a long time to integrate benefits and compensations for companies merged into company. Currently, the company harmonized its benefits along with offshore lots of positions to India. The transition of the work was not thoughtfully planned and – more... approved as needed. – less
I learned so much in this company and I am so satisfied with my work...
Intern (Current Employee), juana diaz , SalinasMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work we listed at the same time. It's very important to take all the materials that we have to work it. I have learned discipline,organization because the people i have to managed its very different people and it;s the most hardest part of the job. I had no limitations with that because my co workers worked in a very confortable groop – more... and we can decide in many ways and resolved the different problems that we had. I like so much work in the field because I hace the opportunity to knew how the works go on. i will like to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in another companies for my enrinchment like human and more that to apport in the benefit of that company. – less
Syngenta Seed
Dispatcher/Temp Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: easy-going environment
Cons: pay, benefits, repetition, no room for advancement
Overall, my experience with this company has been pleasant. However, as a contracted temp worker, the benefits are lacking. The pay is decent at best, and there is no room for advancement. Since I work in a smaller office, there are only about 5 other co-workers in the same building. Half of them are temp workers like me and the other half are full – more... employees. Since I am a temp worker, I do not receive vacation time, sick time, health benefits, ect. which is very important to me. On top of that, they have to lay off the temp workers once every 6 months, otherwise they have to hire them in. So this is not a steady job. Other than that, I do enjoy the work and the co-workers. The normal day-to-day activities include setting up shipments for dealers (this is a dispatch job), calling dealers and sales reps, emailing, and completing spreadsheets. The hardest part of the job is the repetition. When you come in every day, you do the exact same tasks and sometimes it can be hard to focus.The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable environment. – less
High pace and exciting
Production Tech (Current Employee), Phillips, NEMarch 25, 2014
Pros: change of pace not always doing the same thing. job changes through the year
Cons: long hours and hard to plan in advace for not knowing what your shift, or hours will be.
Your job can change from season to season. It always keeps you on your toes with a high pace work place.
Good learning experience
Instrumentation Intern (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 18, 2014
I work with the instrument guys learning how to troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and maintain the instruments in the field that run our processes. These include rosemount level,pressure,flow transmitters. Micro-motions, usuage of the 475, and everyday calibrations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs¬†were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos