Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

Syngenta Crop Protection Corporation
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - TANK FARM OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good paying company
Cons: dangerous work environment
An aging plant work environment which brings with it a level of danger. Good training program, with good people that works there.
Good work experience
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Salinas Puerto RicoMarch 7, 2015
Pros: non stress full envirioment
Cons: healthcare
I have the opportunity to continue develop my skills in managing large groups and develop my research skills. I develop 3 new projects in the site, the first one is the Commercial Corn Isolation, the second is the Nursery Sunflower program that include crossing blocks and selfing blocks and the last project was the Sugarcane Research.
Great place to work, good people. Admins must be adaptable to frequent changes.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: reaping rewards program, good benefits, good employee relations
Cons: cafeteria not the greatest, disconnect with lower level employees, manager rotations
Syngenta has a great benefits package and has many positive employee programs. Their Reaping Rewards health program - offering cash rewards for healthy lifestyle choices - is one of the top in the nation. Syngenta is willing to work with employees on the possibility of flex time, has a good vacation and sick leave policy and most managers are usually open to discussions.

As an international company, policy for Syngenta Greensboro is dictated by the HQ in Basel, Switzerland and any manager who wants to advance in the company understands that a few years in Basel is essential. However, there is a chasm between the two in management style, formality, and simply "how things are done" which can create conflict. At the Administrative Assistant level, and even lower management levels, this sometimes creates difficulty between obeying the boss and maintaining local ways of working. Syngenta is also always updating and changing roles, changing admin responsibilities or procedures. Admins need to be able to adapt and learn new software and ways of working quickly.

There is a subtle and obscure "glass ceiling". It is possible for an Admin to advance to other roles, but it would require strong support from her manager. Women in general have to struggle to advance in the company, and even with a college degree it can be difficult to break out of the admin role. Managers change roles frequently, so an admin has to be flexible and adaptable to a new manager who may have a completely different style.

Cafeteria is sketchy, which is odd because their catering for meetings is wonderful. Usually bland food at increasingly high prices and miserly charges for things like take-out containers. But the location is near plenty of alternate dining options.
Good company with significant challenges
Key Account Manager - E. Cornbelt and SE US (Current Employee), Cordova, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Too many managers and paperwork
Most days were spent calling on major accounts offering the latest in seed genetics.
The most enjoyment part of the job was establishing long term relationships with customers.
Excellent to Employees / Leader to Customers
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Great Company. Global leader in Agriculture. Is honest and straight forward with customers and always does the right thing.

Management is good, lots of training available and promotions are available when you do the work.
Good office culture with support to advance
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria
Good networking and open office environment. There are many departments to network cross functionally. However this can also cause lack of communication between departments leading to duplicate work and not being aligned. Rigorous process to get into the company but once you're in it's easy to stay.
very goal oriented and result driven job.
facilities management II (Current Employee), MNFebruary 9, 2015
Paying bills, setting up vendors. Making sure fellow colleagues are comfortable but following company policy. Work with Vendors on numerous projects through out.
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world.
Head, North America R&D Trait Development (Current Employee), Clinton, ILFebruary 7, 2015
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world. I would recommend a career with Syngenta to people interested in global seeds and crop protection.
Great Work place
Process Operator (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: valuable operator experience
Cons: working for contractor
Great work place. Currently working as a contract operator. I am seeking an opportunity to work for a company. A typical day of work consists of monitoring the process for any signs of problems. Check pressure gauges, opening and closing valves, and communicating with board operator to assure safe and environment friendly production.
Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: chance of advancement not good
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
To much like high school.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee), Pasco, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: simple
Cons: low pay
I wasn't really feeling the work place environment with the employees but the job at hand was very intriguing.
I was comfortable with my daily tasks.
Great people and culture
Project Manager / On Site Representative (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, work and projects
Syngenta is an awesome place to work. The people are fantastic, the culture and environment is unbeatable.
Flat organization with intelligent and helpful people
Process Engineer, GB Biosciences (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: pretty flat organization
Cons: locations
My experience is mainly as a chemical engineer at the manufacturing plants. I've been impressed both by how the organization attempts to share knowledge across geographical locations and the development of its employees. The company stresses a healthy work-life balance, and encourages collaboration across many different sectors. Everyone I've worked with has been kind and helpful.
Great Summer Internship
Product Labeling & Technology Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the Greensboro site. Very predictable work schedule and reasonable expectations from supervisor. Wage was reflective of my skill-level and the type of work I was completing.
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you learn alot of information on the job
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well.
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling.
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: gift cards for achievements
Cons: working every weekend
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging.
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee), Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no benefits
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.

1 2 3 4

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Salaries