Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

Good company with significant challenges
Key Account Manager - E. Cornbelt and SE US (Current Employee), Cordova, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Too many managers and paperwork
Most days were spent calling on major accounts offering the latest in seed genetics.
The most enjoyment part of the job was establishing long term relationships with customers.
Excellent to Employees / Leader to Customers
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Great Company. Global leader in Agriculture. Is honest and straight forward with customers and always does the right thing.

Management is good, lots of training available and promotions are available when you do the work.
Good office culture with support to advance
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria
Good networking and open office environment. There are many departments to network cross functionally. However this can also cause lack of communication between departments leading to duplicate work and not being aligned. Rigorous process to get into the company but once you're in it's easy to stay.
very goal oriented and result driven job.
facilities management II (Current Employee), MNFebruary 9, 2015
Paying bills, setting up vendors. Making sure fellow colleagues are comfortable but following company policy. Work with Vendors on numerous projects through out.
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world.
Head, North America R&D Trait Development (Current Employee), Clinton, ILFebruary 7, 2015
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world. I would recommend a career with Syngenta to people interested in global seeds and crop protection.
Great Work place
Process Operator (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: valuable operator experience
Cons: working for contractor
Great work place. Currently working as a contract operator. I am seeking an opportunity to work for a company. A typical day of work consists of monitoring the process for any signs of problems. Check pressure gauges, opening and closing valves, and communicating with board operator to assure safe and environment friendly production.
Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee), Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: chance of advancement not good
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
To much like high school.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee), Pasco, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: simple
Cons: low pay
I wasn't really feeling the work place environment with the employees but the job at hand was very intriguing.
I was comfortable with my daily tasks.
Great people and culture
Project Manager / On Site Representative (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, work and projects
Syngenta is an awesome place to work. The people are fantastic, the culture and environment is unbeatable.
Flat organization with intelligent and helpful people
Process Engineer, GB Biosciences (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: pretty flat organization
Cons: locations
My experience is mainly as a chemical engineer at the manufacturing plants. I've been impressed both by how the organization attempts to share knowledge across geographical locations and the development of its employees. The company stresses a healthy work-life balance, and encourages collaboration across many different sectors. Everyone I've worked with has been kind and helpful.
Great Summer Internship
Product Labeling & Technology Intern (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the Greensboro site. Very predictable work schedule and reasonable expectations from supervisor. Wage was reflective of my skill-level and the type of work I was completing.
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: you learn alot of information on the job
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well.
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling.
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: gift cards for achievements
Cons: working every weekend
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging.
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee), Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: wages
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no benefits
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: congenial work place
Cons: anxiety of job role changes
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: career growth, money.
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.

1 2 3 4

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more