Syngenta Employee Reviews in United States

A fun place, but productive also
Field worker (Former Employee) –  Wapella, ILApril 17, 2016
As I previously mentioned it was a fun work environment, we joked, and talked. but most importantly we worked. The "crew" leaders were the people who kept us in our place. they encouraged us and pushed us.
Productive workplace with strict deadlines
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILMarch 3, 2016
Typical day is outside maintaining research fields. Coworkers are underqualified for their job. Great opportunity for growth.
Pros
Great growth opportunities
Good
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 2, 2016
Excellent place to work people in syngenta are really good.
I will move back if i get a chance to work again good bab very dood
Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II/ HSES Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glyndon, MNJanuary 12, 2016
Loved this company and both the roll of admin assistant and being HSE coordinator. If not for moving back to Kansas City (where there are currently no branch locations) I would have stayed at Syngenta. Great company and group of people to work for and with.
Allows for open ended problem solving
Supply & Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 9, 2015
A typical 8-5 work schedule. Had a sense of being able to schedule my own day, as long as I got the work done. I learned a lot about the agriculture industry, and gained a lot of experience in Excel. My management wasn't the most competent in terms of understanding my role, so it was hard when I needed support. However I think that was an isolated experience. Co-workers were great.
Fast Pace job nice people to work with
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
Good overall company good hours work isn't that demanding good place for growth as well teaches you alot about yourself as a overall person and worker
It was a good company to work for expect for manangement
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 29, 2015
I would have love to still have been working for the company but, they don't hire that often. And I feel that management could be better. Not so self involved with there own preferences. Other then that every day was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot of agriculture and plant/vegetables.
Pros
really familiy orianted
Cons
not a lot of hiring posibilaties
na
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company. A typical day consisted of learning about the product we were packing. hardest part of the joy was staying awake on nights.
Good group of managers that make you feel like you're making a difference.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, IANovember 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Syngenta. As an intern, most people in my position would be limited to doing the jobs that the managers didn't want to do. But at Syngenta, I was given a significant amount of autonomy and from this I was able to learn more than I would have otherwise.
Excellent to Employees / Leader to Customers
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Great Company. Global leader in Agriculture. Is honest and straight forward with customers and always does the right thing.

Management is good, lots of training available and promotions are available when you do the work.
Wonderful Work Place
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of working among a variety of teams that worked hard, supported one another and cherished family values, etc. I began in an entry level position and had amazing support from my upper management and team! Everyone wants to see you be successful within the company and helped me reach all of my short and long term goals. I learned a lot about myself and my career potential working with such a great and thriving company.
Pros
awesome workplace, great employee benefits, flexible schedule and upward growth opportunity
Cons
n/a
Collaborative with a good culture but very poor management
Domain Delivery Lead, Biotech and Breeding (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2015
While Syngenta has a highly collaborative environment and a clear vision it is greatly hampered by poor management. Some managers are skilled but they are few and far between.
Pros
Collaborative environment, good benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Flawed system
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 17, 2015
This company is what is wrong with america. A foreign owned company employing the minimal amount of "full-time" employees and filling the rest through temp agencies. The company's motto is the harder you work the less you make. High expectations with little reward.
A straight forward work place with clear instruction.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2015
My time here was very short. This was because the work I was hired to help with was completed faster then intended. I worked in avery small team and was able to directly communicate with my superiors often.
Required and trained about the supply chain industry
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2015
While working as a contract worker at Syngenta I learned more about the chemical industry. I multi-tasked and learned the finance procedure and monitoring the import / export of the supply chain.
I worked well with my co-workers in supporting them.

The hardest part of my job was learning the chemical supply chain industry compared to the furniture industry that I previously worked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I did learn a lot from this position and added to my work performance / career.
Pros
I feel very confident in what I learned, I can have added more relevant skills and qualifications
Cons
I feel that the new manager was not aware of my responsibilities, too busy to speak with me
They have a great team that treats you with respect and dignity.
Yard Dog Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LANovember 30, 2015
Excellent work place. Very safe work place. I have learn a lot of things working at Syngenta. The staff is very train therefore they give you good training tools..
Excellent Benefits, Compensation, Extremely long hours
Master Data Requester (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 22, 2012
Beautiful new state of the art building, excellent benefits and compensations but.... With the ability to work remotely, from anywhere came the expectation that one would work until the job was done no matter what the hour, day of week or holiday. Whether on vacation or not. If you have that kind of time then the compensation and benefits are worth it. Stressful and demanding but the site is beautiful and has a cafe, gym, walking trails, fire places, flat screen televisions, parking ramp, on site clinic, mother's room, free expresso and coffee machines. Company also offers pension plan and profit sharing.
Pros
compensation, benefits, pension plan, profit sharing
Cons
extremely long hours
Great company to work for with phenomenal benefits
R&D Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is one of the best companies I have ever had the chance and privilege to work for. I cannot say enough good things about the culture and workplace as a whole.
Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
chance of advancement not good
Syngenta Seed
Dispatcher/Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2014
Overall, my experience with this company has been pleasant. However, as a contracted temp worker, the benefits are lacking. The pay is decent at best, and there is no room for advancement. Since I work in a smaller office, there are only about 5 other co-workers in the same building. Half of them are temp workers like me and the other half are full employees. Since I am a temp worker, I do not receive vacation time, sick time, health benefits, ect. which is very important to me. On top of that, they have to lay off the temp workers once every 6 months, otherwise they have to hire them in. So this is not a steady job. Other than that, I do enjoy the work and the co-workers. The normal day-to-day activities include setting up shipments for dealers (this is a dispatch job), calling dealers and sales reps, emailing, and completing spreadsheets. The hardest part of the job is the repetition. When you come in every day, you do the exact same tasks and sometimes it can be hard to focus.The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable environment.
Pros
easy-going environment
Cons
pay, benefits, repetition, no room for advancement