Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

Transportation Manager
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 31, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: contract work
great job in Greensboro, however they are leaning towards an outsourced/contract structure
Research Laboratory Manager
Manager/Researcher (Former Employee), Gilroy, CADecember 4, 2013
I loved this job! It gave me the opportunity to use my expertise in plant tissue culture, research new crops, and work with the public. Best part of the job were the tour groups that visited the site.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: only for a 3 month contract
I was a contract employee working with the formulation group. The people there were great. I regretted that the position was only for when someone was out on maternity leave. I would go back there.
Good benefits package
Conditioning Lab Technician (Former Employee), Paris, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: unorganized work schedule
Although the company has great benefits and good work atmosphere, balancing work and life was very difficult. Was not notified in advance of overtime, many consecutive 14-16 hr days sometimes for 2-3 months with no time off. Do to poor organization through corporate office and hours expected to work, it was very stressful and unpredictable.
Bad work conditions
Package Handler (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAOctober 25, 2013
Company is successful in package handling but conditions are not ideal for long term success.
A great job for a teenager in high school
Team Leader (Former Employee), De Witt, IAOctober 15, 2013
This is a perfect first job for a high school student. You can make $1500 in two weeks, but it's only a two week job. I worked here for 4 years detasseling and was moved up to an Administrative Team Leader my second year since I did such a great job. I was making $10.25 an hour, which wasn't too bad at the age of 16.
Company provided medical clinic inside company to assist workers
Occupationl Health Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: medical clinic at work for employees' benefit
Cons: no cons from my perspective
My job entailed assisting the supervisor nurse and doctor with employee yearly physicals and daily medical needs.
Wonderful Work Place
Technical Associate (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: awesome workplace, great employee benefits, flexible schedule and upward growth opportunity
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of working among a variety of teams that worked hard, supported one another and cherished family values, etc. I began in an entry level position and had amazing support from my upper management and team! Everyone wants to see you be successful within the company and helped me reach all of my short and long term goals. – more... I learned a lot about myself and my career potential working with such a great and thriving company. – less
Walks the talk when it comes to work/life balance.
Human Resources/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, CASeptember 24, 2013
Management is involved with training for its employees and they truly care about each one of us.
First job out of college.
Sales Account Specialist for U.S (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNSeptember 5, 2013
This was my first real job out of college. Had a lot of fun there but the pay was a joke.
Loved working for this organization
Manager of IRS Audits and Compliance (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 25, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Very close family feel within the organization. Basically a start up given merger of ZENECA Agrochemicals and Novartis Ag Chem.
Innovative, fun and everyday is different
Quality Specialist & Nursery Researcher (Current Employee), Glenn, CAJuly 30, 2013
-Although everyday at work is different, my co-workers and employers are a pleasure to work with
Sales Support
Customer Service Rep. 3 (Current Employee), Lisle, IlJuly 25, 2013
Pros: each day has new challenges
Cons: due to resent sale of our division, we oss of some benifits
I currently provide Sales Support to some of the Largest Accounts and Greenhouses on the North Eastern Coast down to Florida.
I enjoy the the internal and external customer contact.

It is an extremely multitasking position and often have to switch gears as needed.
My positions over the years have provided me the opportunity to be a trainer and learn – more... multiple systems to support our B2B (EDI).

I am currently the go to person for our Dept. and current managers – less
Great people to work with.
Operational Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Pasco, WAJune 11, 2013
Would love to be a full time employee instead of a contract employee.
Global agribusiness
Head, Community Engagement/External Communications (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 11, 2013
Key media contact and communications strategist for issues and litigation affecting products, corporate brand and freedom to operate.
Nice company, great benefits
Seed (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 11, 2013
Nice company
great benefits
Made some bad business decisions
Fun place to work!
Temp - Exec. Assistant to VP of Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 4, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: none really.
I was hired as a temp here and continued to look for a permanent position outside of the company. While here I was able to learn quite a bit about Regulatory Affairs. Co-workers always worked together well and provided to support to each other.
Great place to work.
Silk and Shed Counter (Former Employee), Rising City, NEMay 17, 2013
Broadened my knowledge on seed corn. My co-workers were fun to work with. Great summer job.
Great Work Enviroment
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 17, 2013
Pros: good cafeteria, free workout facilites
No one is micromanaged. Concerns are addresses quickly and resolved. Everyone has that cando attitude.
Fair treatment and pay but Hard work
Maize Roguing Crew Member (Former Employee), Slater, IAApril 19, 2013
You're working for a corporation. The hours are long. You leave when you get done. If you have a positive attitude and regularly show up at work you can easily advance. It's manual labor, don't kid yourself, its hard work.

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs¬†were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos