Syngenta Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard
AgriEdge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Syngenta will demand much from it's employees but will return a family centered and close knit work environment. All conversations and efforts go back to the grower level and how we can better serve and understand their needs.
Pros
Company car, great health insurance, great 401K matching
Cons
You will be asked to do more than your job title
Professional, Respected, New Technology
Project Mgr for Marketing/Sales/Financial Software (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Listen to clients for initial requirements for software to be used by marketing and sales employees. Write Business and Software Requirement documents. Request resources needed to fulfill business request. Start implementing and refining a project plan. Reviews of both documents. Meet with software developers to review the Software Requirements and verify that all understood by everyone. Assign functions to various developers. Unit, Function and System testing. Regular reviews of software as it is developed with the business. Roll out software for use by marketing and sales clients.
Pros
Dedication to customers and employees
Do not wish to Disclose
DNWD (Former Employee) –  DNWDFebruary 8, 2017
Constant changes. No thought given regarding impact on business other than the bottom line. Cost cuts have impacted sales, however, this does not seem to phase Senior Management.
High pay to deal with your supervisors idiocy.
Product biologist (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 2, 2017
They purchased a company I had been working with for years, and put countless obstacles in our path to prevent us from doing our jobs. Then out of the blue one morning told us to turn in our keys that we were thru.
Pros
Great benefits and coverage
Cons
No chance for moving up and possible termination without notice
Syngenta - a great company to grow with
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC and Global assignmentsJanuary 24, 2017
I had an excellent opportunity to learn international business and operations. Workplace culture attracts the greatest people and is a wonderful learning environment with many advancement opportunities. Truly a wonderful company.
Pros
People, opportunities, global company
Cons
Typical corporate environment - work/life balance a struggle
Productive, provides good environment
Agricultural Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Good environment, the worker's safety was priority. A 5-15 minute meeting was given at the beginning of each day to all workers about safety and upcoming events and any issues Everyone helped out each other when needed. One of the hardest part must have been the hot weather outside. The most enjoyable part was learning new tasks.
Pros
Breaks were always given on time
Productive and fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed the time that i worked. It's an unforgettable learning experience. Challenging but fun place of work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for work. Every staff member there were great team leaders and they made sure that everyone was safe at the work place.
Pros
Breaks were nice
Cons
The sun.
Good compesation and work / life balance doesn't make up for the buearcracy
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2017
The review is based on a specific organization within the company, sustainable excellence.
Good: Total compensation, work / life balance opportunity, multi-cultural.
Difficult: Organizational structure is highly matrixed with no clear ownership on decision making. Lots of bureaucracy, slow on change processes that involve IS solutions. Career opportunities limited. Most key functions are either outsourced or offshored.
Annual major reorganizations across different divisions within the company.
Pros
Work / Life Balance, Total compesation package
Cons
Bureaucracy, highly matrix organizational structure
Buen trato
Cambijero (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz, PRDecember 28, 2016
Mejorar cordinacion , trabajar más en equipo es una experiencia donde aprendemos más adquirimos nuevas experiencias
Unfair
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 18, 2016
While working with Sygenta i was harassed cussed at and told i would be fired even though i did nothing to recieve my walking papers. Management were unprofessional and had a lack of respect towards the workers on the line.
Pros
Plenty of Job choices
Cons
Benefits, Management Attitudes
Great global company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 16, 2016
I loved working for Syngenta. They had a great team of qualified individuals. Loved the travel for this job; in the US and abroad.
Agriculture
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HISeptember 22, 2016
Its an ok company. Its a big corporate company. Don't really know much people. Really don't remember much about it. Wouldn't work there again.
Good work environment with interesting work
Procurement Co-op (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
I was working as a procurement co-op with Syngenta during my MBA. The work was interesting and the direct procurement team was very helpful and fun to work with.
all you do was by a training
Planting and Harvesting Supervisor of Corn (Former Employee) –  Salinas, PRAugust 6, 2016
never got the chance to improve on the job, every move that you made was a rutined plan and if you did something that wasn't supposed to then you get a warnign or you get fired
Work
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJuly 18, 2016
Good place to work, very competitive pay and benefits. Good retirement, very laid back place to work. The money upside outweighs the negatives.
Inside job, Agriculture based, data entry
Coordinator, Multiplication Order Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Glenn, CAJuly 17, 2016
I am appreciative for the skills that I have learned from this job. I use Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Google Earth Pro and SAP on a daily bases.
A typical day can be a challenge because of the obstacles and time-clock constraints that an international company faces. As I come onto work many of my colleagues are calling it a day. It is imperative that any correspondence or work related issues be addressed with that time crunch in mind.
Much of what I do is computer based and probably what I dislike most about my job. I am a people person, and I miss the social interaction.
Agriculture is a VERY interesting business, always changing, always a challenge, always something new to be learned, I really like that about Syngenta and my job.
Life Balance is Good
Invoicing Specialist - Non Commercial Seeds (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 14, 2016
Our company's Director promotes Life Work Balance and Team Work. I have watched the culture change into a more positive one in the four years that I have worked here.
Pros
Life Work Balance, Flexible Work Schedule
Seasonal
Lead Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alva, FLJuly 11, 2016
Decent company if your looking for a seasonal job, Difficult to keep a job, they usually hired through a third party, Hard working conditions outside
Results oriented.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Aguirre, PR 00704July 1, 2016
season driven work environment. long hours during peak periods. good learning on seed development and business. team work is important in order to succeed. beautifully location.
A fast past global environment.
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 24, 2016
Syngenta is constantly changing. Good place for someone who is looking for a challenge and willing to give more than 8 hours a day.
Pros
Challenging, global environment, excellant benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syngenta. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval