Syngenta

Syngenta Employer Reviews

Syngenta Seed
Dispatcher/Temp Worker (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: easy-going environment
Cons: pay, benefits, repetition, no room for advancement
Overall, my experience with this company has been pleasant. However, as a contracted temp worker, the benefits are lacking. The pay is decent at best, and there is no room for advancement. Since I work in a smaller office, there are only about 5 other co-workers in the same building. Half of them are temp workers like me and the other half are full – more... employees. Since I am a temp worker, I do not receive vacation time, sick time, health benefits, ect. which is very important to me. On top of that, they have to lay off the temp workers once every 6 months, otherwise they have to hire them in. So this is not a steady job. Other than that, I do enjoy the work and the co-workers. The normal day-to-day activities include setting up shipments for dealers (this is a dispatch job), calling dealers and sales reps, emailing, and completing spreadsheets. The hardest part of the job is the repetition. When you come in every day, you do the exact same tasks and sometimes it can be hard to focus.The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable environment. – less
High pace and exciting
Production Tech (Current Employee), Phillips, NEMarch 25, 2014
Pros: change of pace not always doing the same thing. job changes through the year
Cons: long hours and hard to plan in advace for not knowing what your shift, or hours will be.
Your job can change from season to season. It always keeps you on your toes with a high pace work place.
Good learning experience
Instrumentation Intern (Current Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 18, 2014
I work with the instrument guys learning how to troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and maintain the instruments in the field that run our processes. These include rosemount level,pressure,flow transmitters. Micro-motions, usuage of the 475, and everyday calibrations.
Good Process Oriented Company
Functional Consultant - SAP PP/QM (Onsite) (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 31, 2014
I worked here as a Consultant from a Software company. Work Environment is good and the Users are friendly
Agricultural Technician (Former Employee), PRJanuary 8, 2014
Responsible for performance accurate also organize the crops according to established procedure. Adhere to established clean room protocols. Provide timely communication of relevant issues to manager including issues regarding to quality safety and scheduling. Execute artificial pollination as required.
Transportation Manager
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 31, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: contract work
great job in Greensboro, however they are leaning towards an outsourced/contract structure
Research Laboratory Manager
Manager/Researcher (Former Employee), Gilroy, CADecember 4, 2013
I loved this job! It gave me the opportunity to use my expertise in plant tissue culture, research new crops, and work with the public. Best part of the job were the tour groups that visited the site.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: only for a 3 month contract
I was a contract employee working with the formulation group. The people there were great. I regretted that the position was only for when someone was out on maternity leave. I would go back there.
Good benefits package
Conditioning Lab Technician (Former Employee), Paris, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: unorganized work schedule
Although the company has great benefits and good work atmosphere, balancing work and life was very difficult. Was not notified in advance of overtime, many consecutive 14-16 hr days sometimes for 2-3 months with no time off. Do to poor organization through corporate office and hours expected to work, it was very stressful and unpredictable.
Bad work conditions
Package Handler (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAOctober 25, 2013
Company is successful in package handling but conditions are not ideal for long term success.
A great job for a teenager in high school
Team Leader (Former Employee), De Witt, IAOctober 15, 2013
This is a perfect first job for a high school student. You can make $1500 in two weeks, but it's only a two week job. I worked here for 4 years detasseling and was moved up to an Administrative Team Leader my second year since I did such a great job. I was making $10.25 an hour, which wasn't too bad at the age of 16.
Company provided medical clinic inside company to assist workers
Occupationl Health Nurse (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: medical clinic at work for employees' benefit
Cons: no cons from my perspective
My job entailed assisting the supervisor nurse and doctor with employee yearly physicals and daily medical needs.
Wonderful Work Place
Technical Associate (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: awesome workplace, great employee benefits, flexible schedule and upward growth opportunity
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work consisted of working among a variety of teams that worked hard, supported one another and cherished family values, etc. I began in an entry level position and had amazing support from my upper management and team! Everyone wants to see you be successful within the company and helped me reach all of my short and long term goals. – more... I learned a lot about myself and my career potential working with such a great and thriving company. – less
Walks the talk when it comes to work/life balance.
Human Resources/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, CASeptember 24, 2013
Management is involved with training for its employees and they truly care about each one of us.
First job out of college.
Sales Account Specialist for U.S (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNSeptember 5, 2013
This was my first real job out of college. Had a lot of fun there but the pay was a joke.
Loved working for this organization
Manager of IRS Audits and Compliance (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 25, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Very close family feel within the organization. Basically a start up given merger of ZENECA Agrochemicals and Novartis Ag Chem.
Innovative, fun and everyday is different
Quality Specialist & Nursery Researcher (Current Employee), Glenn, CAJuly 30, 2013
-Although everyday at work is different, my co-workers and employers are a pleasure to work with
Sales Support
Customer Service Rep. 3 (Current Employee), Lisle, IlJuly 25, 2013
Pros: each day has new challenges
Cons: due to resent sale of our division, we oss of some benifits
I currently provide Sales Support to some of the Largest Accounts and Greenhouses on the North Eastern Coast down to Florida.
I enjoy the the internal and external customer contact.

It is an extremely multitasking position and often have to switch gears as needed.
My positions over the years have provided me the opportunity to be a trainer and learn – more... multiple systems to support our B2B (EDI).

I am currently the go to person for our Dept. and current managers – less
Great people to work with.
Operational Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Pasco, WAJune 11, 2013
Would love to be a full time employee instead of a contract employee.
Global agribusiness
Head, Community Engagement/External Communications (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 11, 2013
Key media contact and communications strategist for issues and litigation affecting products, corporate brand and freedom to operate.

About Syngenta

Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary – Read more

Syngenta Photos