Syngenta Employee Reviews

Summer Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slater, IA 50244April 10, 2017
I worked here over the summer and enjoyed the experience, I am hoping that it will take me far in my professional career, even though I do not plan to pursue science in the future.
Tough IT Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 9, 2017
Most of IT is outsourced and the rest of the work is by contractors. Most managers aren't very technical anymore. In some ways, there are rigid standards and in others, none. It's a good place to learn new technologies but there is no career advancement for contractors.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
Lots of managers and few workers
Competitive company in the Ag field currently
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Slater, IAMarch 28, 2017
A good company that foresaw trends in Ag early on, such as their integrated business model (a one stop shop for seeds and crop protection). A decent place to work.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Competitively lower wages
Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NEMarch 26, 2017
Loved working their. Felt like part of a family where everyone was working for a common goal. Great group of employees and managers. If the position were available, I would go back today.
Great seasonal work placement
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMarch 17, 2017
Good job set hours. Learned to operate fork truck along with various other machinery like palletizer bag sealer and many others. Not much room there for advancement full time is mostly impossible to reach.
Awesome company culture
Direct Procurement Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 13, 2017
Great people and great place to work. Lots of development availability and coaching. Management is willing to work with you and develop you into your current role as well as help develop you for your next.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, IAMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The benefits were great and I learned so much from the company. I would not be where i am today without being a part of this company.
Long Hours
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN LEAD (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILMarch 9, 2017
Work long hours during field work and harvest. When packaging starts you still work long hours but less. they have good insurance and give you three weeks vacation as soon as your hired.
Forever Temp.
Lead Forklift Driver for Bagging Room (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMarch 7, 2017
They promise you that you can be hired on if you work hard and show them you are worth it. I saw one employee who worked there 8 yrs as a Temp worker.
Pros
Good money
Cons
you are never hired on and the actual employees, treat you are you are beneath them.
Work hard, play hard
AgriEdge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Syngenta will demand much from it's employees but will return a family centered and close knit work environment. All conversations and efforts go back to the grower level and how we can better serve and understand their needs.
Pros
Company car, great health insurance, great 401K matching
Cons
You will be asked to do more than your job title
Professional, Respected, New Technology
Project Mgr for Marketing/Sales/Financial Software (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Listen to clients for initial requirements for software to be used by marketing and sales employees. Write Business and Software Requirement documents. Request resources needed to fulfill business request. Start implementing and refining a project plan. Reviews of both documents. Meet with software developers to review the Software Requirements and verify that all understood by everyone. Assign functions to various developers. Unit, Function and System testing. Regular reviews of software as it is developed with the business. Roll out software for use by marketing and sales clients.
Pros
Dedication to customers and employees
Do not wish to Disclose
DNWD (Former Employee) –  DNWDFebruary 8, 2017
Constant changes. No thought given regarding impact on business other than the bottom line. Cost cuts have impacted sales, however, this does not seem to phase Senior Management.
High pay to deal with your supervisors idiocy.
Product biologist (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 2, 2017
They purchased a company I had been working with for years, and put countless obstacles in our path to prevent us from doing our jobs. Then out of the blue one morning told us to turn in our keys that we were thru.
Pros
Great benefits and coverage
Cons
No chance for moving up and possible termination without notice
Syngenta - a great company to grow with
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC and Global assignmentsJanuary 24, 2017
I had an excellent opportunity to learn international business and operations. Workplace culture attracts the greatest people and is a wonderful learning environment with many advancement opportunities. Truly a wonderful company.
Pros
People, opportunities, global company
Cons
Typical corporate environment - work/life balance a struggle
Productive, provides good environment
Agricultural Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Good environment, the worker's safety was priority. A 5-15 minute meeting was given at the beginning of each day to all workers about safety and upcoming events and any issues Everyone helped out each other when needed. One of the hardest part must have been the hot weather outside. The most enjoyable part was learning new tasks.
Pros
Breaks were always given on time
Productive and fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed the time that i worked. It's an unforgettable learning experience. Challenging but fun place of work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for work. Every staff member there were great team leaders and they made sure that everyone was safe at the work place.
Pros
Breaks were nice
Cons
The sun.
Good compesation and work / life balance doesn't make up for the buearcracy
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2017
The review is based on a specific organization within the company, sustainable excellence.
Good: Total compensation, work / life balance opportunity, multi-cultural.
Difficult: Organizational structure is highly matrixed with no clear ownership on decision making. Lots of bureaucracy, slow on change processes that involve IS solutions. Career opportunities limited. Most key functions are either outsourced or offshored.
Annual major reorganizations across different divisions within the company.
Pros
Work / Life Balance, Total compesation package
Cons
Bureaucracy, highly matrix organizational structure
Unfair
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 18, 2016
While working with Sygenta i was harassed cussed at and told i would be fired even though i did nothing to recieve my walking papers. Management were unprofessional and had a lack of respect towards the workers on the line.
Pros
Plenty of Job choices
Cons
Benefits, Management Attitudes
Great global company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 16, 2016
I loved working for Syngenta. They had a great team of qualified individuals. Loved the travel for this job; in the US and abroad.
Agriculture
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HISeptember 22, 2016
Its an ok company. Its a big corporate company. Don't really know much people. Really don't remember much about it. Wouldn't work there again.