Syngenta Employee Reviews

Flexible work/life balance, no hope for advancement
Greenhouse Technician and Assistant (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCAugust 22, 2015
Pros
The Greenhouse team, specifically Dawn McNamara's team, is wonderful to work with - along with Diverse crops. They're eager to teach and are very hands on with learning, and are super flexible when it comes to your interests. Syngenta pushes that you leave work at work, and you have a good home life.
Cons
Like any corporation, people are promoted that aren't the best for the position, while others are forgotten. Hard Work went unnoticed by higher ups, the greenhouse team was treated as pack mules a lot of the time, more than a few of the requests were unreasonable.
Advice to Management
Reward initiative and hard work - even with a simple thank you, or acknowledge what your workers have done.
Pros
team diversity, flexible hours
Cons
essentially no hope for future career growth
Be accurate
Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAJuly 11, 2015
I did enjoy my job at Syngenta. Learned to be accurate and take time to figure out orders given to me to send on to other places. The co-workers were great, we were like a family. Hardest part of the job was to leave as I reached retirement age. I did a lot of field work, which I liked also warehouse work helping with inventory control.
great
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2015
great company, great benefits, but I'm a contract worker here, so I'm not sure why I'm forced to submit this review. Would love to get hired
Awesome company very professional work place
Buyer Support, Order Management (Current Employee) –  Greensboro,NCJuly 9, 2015
Buyer Support role- work in SAP daily to ensure pricing updates and SAP reports and Create and Update material outlines for the US and Canada.
Pros
cafe on site
fun and professional environment
Business Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is a world class organization dedicated to "plant potential." That means they are working hard and smart to feed the world. With the growing world population and declining farm acres, they are trying to make sure the food supply is secure. The people are great to work with and for. The work was interesting. I enjoyed my time there.
Great company to work for with phenomenal benefits
R&D Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is one of the best companies I have ever had the chance and privilege to work for. I cannot say enough good things about the culture and workplace as a whole.
productive work area
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2015
A typical day consist of morning meeting, daily aspects of work flow, safety discussions. daily goals for completion.
Pros
overall injoy working here
Cons
healthcare benefits from temp agency are 80% of weekly income!
Strong Company
North American Fixed Asset Capital Lead (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 28, 2015
Syngenta is focused on providing its customer on a quality product the customer needs and requests. Syngenta is also concerned about their employees health and wellness.
benefits
Cons
instability
SAP Finance & Procurement BPA (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2015
Very Good client to work with. I have transformed myself from a ABAP consultant to FICO consultant. Nice work culture and helping hands.
Productive and a great place to learn
Planting Leader (Former Employee) –  PRJune 15, 2015
Great place to have the best experience in agriculture crops, pest control, agriculture machinery and planting. i had the oportunity to be a leader and manage diferents proyects.
Pros
lots of traning and leadeship
hard worker
detassaler (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, IAJune 15, 2015
I am a hard worker, fast learner, and easy to get along with my co-workers, love to help in any way possible to get the work done.
Enjoyable experience
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2015
Enjoyable experience, great location, good benefits, pleasant atmosphere. Coworkers are all committed to the bottom line. Overall good experience
learned a lot
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAMay 14, 2015
It was a nice place to work. Good people, good hours, good pay. I enjoyed my time with the company. Learned what it takes to be a team player and how to be a great process technician.
Allows for open ended problem solving
Supply & Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 9, 2015
A typical 8-5 work schedule. Had a sense of being able to schedule my own day, as long as I got the work done. I learned a lot about the agriculture industry, and gained a lot of experience in Excel. My management wasn't the most competent in terms of understanding my role, so it was hard when I needed support. However I think that was an isolated experience. Co-workers were great.
Collaborative with a good culture but very poor management
Domain Delivery Lead, Biotech and Breeding (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2015
While Syngenta has a highly collaborative environment and a clear vision it is greatly hampered by poor management. Some managers are skilled but they are few and far between.
Pros
Collaborative environment, good benefits
Cons
Poor Management
enjoyed my time with Syngenta
Territory Sales Manager, Grand Ledge, MI (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 29, 2015
good team approach to sales. management was very helpful in working to help you meet your goals. Contact and interaction with customers was mostly a fun part of the job.
It was a good company to work for expect for manangement
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 29, 2015
I would have love to still have been working for the company but, they don't hire that often. And I feel that management could be better. Not so self involved with there own preferences. Other then that every day was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot of agriculture and plant/vegetables.
Pros
really familiy orianted
Cons
not a lot of hiring posibilaties
Required and trained about the supply chain industry
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2015
While working as a contract worker at Syngenta I learned more about the chemical industry. I multi-tasked and learned the finance procedure and monitoring the import / export of the supply chain.
I worked well with my co-workers in supporting them.

The hardest part of my job was learning the chemical supply chain industry compared to the furniture industry that I previously worked.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I did learn a lot from this position and added to my work performance / career.
Pros
I feel very confident in what I learned, I can have added more relevant skills and qualifications
Cons
I feel that the new manager was not aware of my responsibilities, too busy to speak with me
Productive and fun work place
Sr.SAP MDM Consultant (Former Employee) –  TNApril 2, 2015
-> Excellent place to work.

-> Learnt almost all new updates.

-> Good management.

-> Very supportive colleagues.

-> Nothing found hardest.

-> Everything enjoyed in the company.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Syngenta Crop Protection Corporation
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - TANK FARM OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 23, 2015
An aging plant work environment which brings with it a level of danger. Good training program, with good people that works there.
Pros
Good paying company
Cons
Dangerous work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syngenta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2