Syngenta Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILDecember 3, 2014
Nice people to work with ,seasonal employees. Not a lot feed back from middle management. I enjoyed working outside and the change of the seasons.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
chance of advancement not good
To much like high school.
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 3, 2014
I wasn't really feeling the work place environment with the employees but the job at hand was very intriguing.
I was comfortable with my daily tasks.
Pros
simple
Cons
low pay
Great people and culture
Project Manager / On Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 4, 2014
Syngenta is an awesome place to work. The people are fantastic, the culture and environment is unbeatable.
Pros
great people, work and projects
Flat organization with intelligent and helpful people
Process Engineer, GB Biosciences (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
My experience is mainly as a chemical engineer at the manufacturing plants. I've been impressed both by how the organization attempts to share knowledge across geographical locations and the development of its employees. The company stresses a healthy work-life balance, and encourages collaboration across many different sectors. Everyone I've worked with has been kind and helpful.
Pros
pretty flat organization
Cons
locations
Great Summer Internship
Product Labeling & Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the Greensboro site. Very predictable work schedule and reasonable expectations from supervisor. Wage was reflective of my skill-level and the type of work I was completing.
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well.
Pros
you learn alot of information on the job
Lots of talk, no walk.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Too much re-organization and talk about strategy, but nothing to show for it. Sale force needs serious work. Customer service is behind the times.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling.
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging.
Pros
gift cards for achievements
Cons
working every weekend
Stable work with good benefits
Production Tech (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NEAugust 24, 2014
Depending on the time of year depends on what my job functions are
usually driving a forklift, operating machinery, or doing misc. jobs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
wages
Motivated
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2014
Leading group with leadership skills. Helped out with translating as well as assistance with seed product.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no benefits
High caring and productive workplace
Project/Program Manager from Infosys Ltd (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2014
High caring and productive workplace. Congenial work place.
Pros
congenial work place
Cons
anxiety of job role changes
Great local management and working conditions.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cold Creek, AlJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Unfortunately the production of crop protection chemicals was gradually being moved overseas to India and China and the local plants here in the U.S. were closed even thought the headquarters are still in the U.S. and Europe.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
Pros
lunch
Cons
career growth, money.
excellence job opportunity
Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  PRJune 23, 2014
Since I am at Syngenta, I've learned to love the agricultural area. Also, I learned to get worried about my employees health and safety. Working in Syngenta has giving me the opportunity to develop myself in many ways as a person and as a professional.
Productive Scientific lab
Dayporter (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 22, 2014
I enjoy the experience of the labs .Its interesting how plants grow.
Organized and productive work with great management.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, IowaJune 17, 2014
Detasseling corn by hand with a crew. I learned to work with a team and use time management skills. The hardest part was walking all day but it was enjoyable because the crew leaders kept us busy and always were telling us ways to improve.
Pros
great management
Cons
no benefits
Typical Day
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJune 15, 2014
Good place to work just low pay, and some of the supervisors are very out there element.
Management and co-workers are easy to work with.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, IAJune 12, 2014
For the most part a typical day for me is very easy. I inspect the equipment that I use and start my process that I need to proficiently treat seed corn with chemicals.
I have learned a great deal about safety and the safe handling of chemicals and the safe usage of equipment and tools.
Management here at Syngenta are very friendly people and very helpful and caring to your needs.
Co-workers at Syngenta are some of the best people that I have had the privilege of working with. They are very friendly and very willing to help you when you need them. That is what a team is all about.
The hardest part of my job is the inconsistent work schedule. The hours you work can change at any time.
The best parts of my job are the people that I work for and with and the great safety program that we have. Its really nice to know that a company cares as much as this company does about your safety.
Pros
very good learning opportunities for various types of jobs, also syngenta has a very good benefit program.
Cons
inconsistent work schedule and pay could be better.
Excelent place to work and personal development
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Central America and Caribbean regionJune 8, 2014
Syngenta was a good place to work, with dinamic and development personal things, learned everyday with my coworkers, all time make a capacitation in the areas where ones development.
Pros
friendly, commitment
Cons
healtcare, good benefits

4.2