Syngenta Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 28, 2012
Syngenta overall is a great organization. However, there are some issues with diversity and silos within ethnic groups. There is lots of productive work to keep employees busy. They foster an environment of continuing education through the Syngenta Learning Academy. The hardest part of the job is the lack of a diverse work force and inability to grow. They offer no career path progression. The most enjoyable part of the job is the way the Employee Relations Committee sponsors events to bring employees together.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
lack of diversity and upward mobility
Bureaucratic, Disorganized, and Mediocre
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 10, 2012
Syngenta Seeds is an interesting organization and for some it could be a great place to work. However, if you are a motivated, high integrity individual this may not be the place for you.

Syngenta is a very bureaucratic organization which isn't surprising given it's Swiss roots. However, many individuals in the trenches simply don't know how to advance efforts through the bureaucracy which greatly stifles progress. For those individuals that have learned to manage the bureaucracy they have largely become so politically entrenched and motivated that they represent obstacles as they are focused on their personal agendas.

In the end the culture, while cozy, is simply frustrating.
They have a great team that treats you with respect and dignity.
Yard Dog Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LANovember 30, 2015
Excellent work place. Very safe work place. I have learn a lot of things working at Syngenta. The staff is very train therefore they give you good training tools..
Management and co-workers are easy to work with.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, IAJune 12, 2014
For the most part a typical day for me is very easy. I inspect the equipment that I use and start my process that I need to proficiently treat seed corn with chemicals.
I have learned a great deal about safety and the safe handling of chemicals and the safe usage of equipment and tools.
Management here at Syngenta are very friendly people and very helpful and caring to your needs.
Co-workers at Syngenta are some of the best people that I have had the privilege of working with. They are very friendly and very willing to help you when you need them. That is what a team is all about.
The hardest part of my job is the inconsistent work schedule. The hours you work can change at any time.
The best parts of my job are the people that I work for and with and the great safety program that we have. Its really nice to know that a company cares as much as this company does about your safety.
Pros
Very good learning opportunities for various types of jobs, Also Syngenta has a very good benefit program.
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule and pay could be better.
I learned so much in this company and I am so satisfied with my work...
Intern (Current Employee) –  juana diaz , SalinasMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work we listed at the same time. It's very important to take all the materials that we have to work it. I have learned discipline,organization because the people i have to managed its very different people and it;s the most hardest part of the job. I had no limitations with that because my co workers worked in a very confortable groop and we can decide in many ways and resolved the different problems that we had. I like so much work in the field because I hace the opportunity to knew how the works go on. i will like to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge in another companies for my enrinchment like human and more that to apport in the benefit of that company.
Great company to work for with phenomenal benefits
R&D Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is one of the best companies I have ever had the chance and privilege to work for. I cannot say enough good things about the culture and workplace as a whole.
My teammates are great, and the work is never dull
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 25, 2014
The building I work at is pretty laid back, and everyone is very helpful. Education is a big factor on moving up in the company, it doesn't seem to matter if you are a hard worker or have lots of experience, but it seems like they are trying to fix that attitude, not an easy thing to do overnight.

My team is great! I love going to work everyday (except the weekends) because there is always something new and exciting. Everyone listens to your ideas and is encouraging.
Pros
gift cards for achievements
Cons
working every weekend
fun and professional environment
Business Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is a world class organization dedicated to "plant potential." That means they are working hard and smart to feed the world. With the growing world population and declining farm acres, they are trying to make sure the food supply is secure. The people are great to work with and for. The work was interesting. I enjoyed my time there.
Big Company
Internship-Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2014
hard to grow, bad pay its just hard to get recognized. Hard to communicate with management.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Career growth, money.
I wish I still work there.
Production Supervisor/ Vendor Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TexasSeptember 29, 2012
Sygenta was the best company to work for. The way I work and my management style I learned from this company. How to have respect for other, to have compassion for your workers. To be accountable for my job and hold other accountable for their jobs. The hardest thing I ever had to do on this job was to say goodbye to everyone when they close the plant. I really did love going to work there.
Good experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  IdahoNovember 29, 2012
Left hand doesn't speak to the right hand. Policies and procedures are written, sometimes, but not followed. Difficult to work there if you care for people, business, and have good values and ethics.
Pros
pros: work family balance and good pe
Cons
cons: management-lack management and production experience. many out of college and highly educated, however, they are not managers and often do not have effective people skills.
Great Learning Experience
Seasonal Research Tech (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSAugust 28, 2014
At Syngenta I was worked with the wheat breeding and trialing. I enjoyed working in the laid back atmosphere (except during harvest). I learned a lot about the steps wheat breeders take to produce a variety. Also, I experienced the research involved in creating a new variety.
I was involved with processing the seed. Processing included harvesting, threshing, and planting the seed by hand. Also, I worked in the greenhouse by cleaning and filling planting pots. On rare occasions, I assisted with embryo transfer, emasculation, and tissue sampling.
enjoyed my time with Syngenta
Territory Sales Manager, Grand Ledge, MI (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 29, 2015
good team approach to sales. management was very helpful in working to help you meet your goals. Contact and interaction with customers was mostly a fun part of the job.
Manual labor in the hot summer sun.
Self-pollinator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 21, 2014
Working at Syngenta Seeds taught me intense manual labor, and safety policies and procedures. A typical work day consisted of self-pollinating corn on a hot summer day for 8 hours, 7 days a week. My co-workers were all hard working did the same job as me. The hardest part of the job was reaching the tasills on the big stocks of corn. The most enjoyable part was being outside all day and learning agriculture skills.
High pace and exciting
Production Tech (Current Employee) –  Phillips, NEMarch 25, 2014
Your job can change from season to season. It always keeps you on your toes with a high pace work place.
Pros
Change of pace not always doing the same thing. Job changes through the year
Cons
Long hours and hard to plan in advace for not knowing what your shift, or hours will be.
Great people to work with
GLOBAL PROJECT MGR, PRODUCTION EXCEL (Former Employee) –  GreensboroApril 18, 2013
It has an excellent culture, where people can collaborate to come up with solutions to problems. One area of weakness however is that management does not like to make decisions.
working at Syngenta gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of different stuff about seed corn.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, IASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day of work was doing shake outs and tests on seed corn, unless it was harvest time then received opportunities to help out in the fields, and in cold storage.

I learned there are several different yields of seed corn and that there are different tests to run on them for different things,

the co-workers are great people to work with, they all go out of their way to help one and other, and like to joke around as well.
Pros
You learn alot of information on the job
Be accurate
Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAJuly 11, 2015
I did enjoy my job at Syngenta. Learned to be accurate and take time to figure out orders given to me to send on to other places. The co-workers were great, we were like a family. Hardest part of the job was to leave as I reached retirement age. I did a lot of field work, which I liked also warehouse work helping with inventory control.
Productive and a great place to learn
Planting Leader (Former Employee) –  PRJune 15, 2015
Great place to have the best experience in agriculture crops, pest control, agriculture machinery and planting. i had the oportunity to be a leader and manage diferents proyects.
Pros
lots of traning and leadeship
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world.
Head, North America R&D Trait Development (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ILFebruary 7, 2015
An excellent company with people dedicated to feeding the world. I would recommend a career with Syngenta to people interested in global seeds and crop protection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syngenta. Our community is ready to answer.