Syngenta Employee Reviews

good place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCMarch 1, 2016
Nice place to work. Benefits are good. Have great employee oriented programs. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Let employee to foster personal achievement and excellence.
Syngenta was an Excellent Job Opportunity
HSE Lead (Former Employee) –  Salinas, PRFebruary 18, 2016
Overall, my experience with this company was pleasant. The pay was good, however the benefits were not too good. I did enjoyed the work and the co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of safety culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to different locations and the opportunity of the share and learn lessons.
Pros
Travel to different sites
Cons
healthcare insurance, benefits could be better
Fast Pace job nice people to work with
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
Good overall company good hours work isn't that demanding good place for growth as well teaches you alot about yourself as a overall person and worker
na
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company. A typical day consisted of learning about the product we were packing. hardest part of the joy was staying awake on nights.
Syngenta Crop Protection formally Ciba-Geigy, Ciba, Novartis. Located in Geensboro NC.
Transition, Research Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Typically 40-50 hours per week. daily schedule 8:15-5. Allowed flexibility for family responsibilities. Salary and Benefits commensurate with position and experience.
Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II/ HSES Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glyndon, MNJanuary 12, 2016
Loved this company and both the roll of admin assistant and being HSE coordinator. If not for moving back to Kansas City (where there are currently no branch locations) I would have stayed at Syngenta. Great company and group of people to work for and with.
Clean work enviroment
Operations Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2016
The start of me working with Syngenta, what I've learned that the management could use some improvement lack of communication as well as say one thing and do another
Great work family environment!
LAB TECHNICIAN SEED CARE (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MNDecember 27, 2015
As any other company, Syngenta had it's issues, but overall most management took good care of their employees. Every day was a little different, some tasks had to be done daily, but it was never the same things in the same order day in and day out. Each day was a little different than the day before.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Some poor management
Flawed system
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 17, 2015
This company is what is wrong with america. A foreign owned company employing the minimal amount of "full-time" employees and filling the rest through temp agencies. The company's motto is the harder you work the less you make. High expectations with little reward.
A straight forward work place with clear instruction.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2015
My time here was very short. This was because the work I was hired to help with was completed faster then intended. I worked in avery small team and was able to directly communicate with my superiors often.
They have a great team that treats you with respect and dignity.
Yard Dog Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LANovember 30, 2015
Excellent work place. Very safe work place. I have learn a lot of things working at Syngenta. The staff is very train therefore they give you good training tools..
Good group of managers that make you feel like you're making a difference.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, IANovember 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Syngenta. As an intern, most people in my position would be limited to doing the jobs that the managers didn't want to do. But at Syngenta, I was given a significant amount of autonomy and from this I was able to learn more than I would have otherwise.
Agriculture is a constantly changing industry.
HSES (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 9, 2015
Syngenta is a global company with many different parts to the company as a whole. There seems to be a disconnect between the headquarters in Basel, Switzerland and the facilities in North America. There is a lack of communication and a decent amount of red tape and politics. The small sites are enjoyable and would function quite well with less interference from the global organization.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Non-stable industry
fun people, laid back, poor management.
Business Analyst/Process analyst (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 15, 2015
likes fun people around. ready to help and contribute to make project success. I learned great deal of wok from here. lots of complex matrix of organization helped to be on top of requirement gathering and documenting from SME's from all over the globe.
C0-workers are friendly and alway's ready to help.
The hardest part of job is poor management and no accountability.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Project Manager/Admin. Asst. (contract) (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 8, 2015
This company is a great place to work. They respect their employees and offer a great work environment in which to grow. They respect an employees home/work life and many people often work from home part of the time.
Pros
Great management and work environment in which to work.
Cons
Flexible work/life balance, no hope for advancement
Greenhouse Technician and Assistant (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCAugust 22, 2015
Pros
The Greenhouse team, specifically Dawn McNamara's team, is wonderful to work with - along with Diverse crops. They're eager to teach and are very hands on with learning, and are super flexible when it comes to your interests. Syngenta pushes that you leave work at work, and you have a good home life.
Cons
Like any corporation, people are promoted that aren't the best for the position, while others are forgotten. Hard Work went unnoticed by higher ups, the greenhouse team was treated as pack mules a lot of the time, more than a few of the requests were unreasonable.
Advice to Management
Reward initiative and hard work - even with a simple thank you, or acknowledge what your workers have done.
Pros
team diversity, flexible hours
Cons
essentially no hope for future career growth
Be accurate
Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAJuly 11, 2015
I did enjoy my job at Syngenta. Learned to be accurate and take time to figure out orders given to me to send on to other places. The co-workers were great, we were like a family. Hardest part of the job was to leave as I reached retirement age. I did a lot of field work, which I liked also warehouse work helping with inventory control.
great
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 11, 2015
great company, great benefits, but I'm a contract worker here, so I'm not sure why I'm forced to submit this review. Would love to get hired
Awesome company very professional work place
Buyer Support, Order Management (Current Employee) –  Greensboro,NCJuly 9, 2015
Buyer Support role- work in SAP daily to ensure pricing updates and SAP reports and Create and Update material outlines for the US and Canada.
Pros
cafe on site
fun and professional environment
Business Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 7, 2015
Syngenta is a world class organization dedicated to "plant potential." That means they are working hard and smart to feed the world. With the growing world population and declining farm acres, they are trying to make sure the food supply is secure. The people are great to work with and for. The work was interesting. I enjoyed my time there.