Syniverse Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Meat Grinder
Technology (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2017
No work-life balance you are expected to live the job. Not only was it about getting the job done, it was about doing the job the way your boss wanted you to do it down to "i" dotting and "t" crossing.
No More Calls
Sr Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2017
Some Managers EXCELLENT,
Under-staffed (even in India and Costa Rica),
Any PTO can be interrupted,
Fascinating (cool) technology to learn and exercise,
Great co-workers,
BEING a Great co-worker,
New knowledge,
Some managers back-stab,
Ice Cream Socials,
Luncheons,
There is "fun" but there is also pain and suffering,
Excessive siloing inhibits synergy (irony intended),
Regular RIFs maintaining a culture of fear.

The company seems to be moving towards a reactive model for existing products (services) to minimize head-count.

My co-workers were wonderful people despite having, at one point, a back-stabber as a manager but most of my managers were good to excellent despite lack of support above them.

The Software development teams w/i the US were short-staffed and under pressure to make corrections. Some applications developed off-shore were "not ready for production" so Operations people had to "make it work" with little effort to have the off-shore developers make architectural changes.

Some of the people I worked with who were off-shore were nothing short of excellent though the bell curve applies. There were at least two people in India who I came close to genuflecting to.

While being RIFfed was accompanied by a sense of loss, it was also accompanied by a greater sense of relief. Most executives (towards the end of my time there) were "accountants".

In summary, Syniverse was an interesting place to work where you could feel your efforts made a difference in some aspects of the world.
Pros
New skills, Good people, SOME managers are EXCELLENT
Cons
PTO is "pretend", Short-staffed, RIFs remove "best"
Syniverse is a very fast paced company with many talented professionals.
Vice President-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
Over the course of my Syniverse career I was afforded the opportunity to grow my HR experience on a global basis. My HR team was top-notch and it was a pleasure to be their leader.
Average
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2017
This is to personal to discuss but I do not recommend this company to anyone. I would look elsewhere. I enjoy the people I work with though, but to each their own.
Syniverse
Sr Solutions Architect/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
The company expects its employees to be available at all times and disregards work/life balance. The company would not pay for training for employees. They wanted to be a Billion Dollar company yet they had employees looking for free-ware as solutions to critical business processes.
Poor work / life balance
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2016
Poor work life balance.
Over the years as the company has acquired other companies the workforce has shifted overseas. Talent in some countries is poor (though probably payed less). European workers don't put in as much effort partly due to work council limitations. This leave US workers to work 50-60+ hour weeks.
Pros
ability to telecommute
Cons
telecommute in order to work long hours
Helping make mobile work
Application Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2015
Syniverse is a pioneer in wireless inter-operability and continues to offer many opportunities for being part of new wireless/wifi technology solutions and support.
Pros
Making Mobile Work, On-site health clinic, healthcare, PTO. Global growth. WFH
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity, off shoring increasing, On Call 7x24x365.
Highly professional enviornment
Executive Assistant to President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2014
I worked primarily for the President of Sales and then supported two SVPs and their teams. A typical day would be 60 percent of my time dedicated to request from the President and his team. Some were routine deadlines to meet however probably 45 percent of the requests were to assist with issues as they arose. I spent a lot of my time managing all their calendars and doing travel. Travel that required many last minute changes and updates. I enjoyed working in that environment as it was challenging. The other 40 percent of my time was split up between the two other individuals I supported and assisted their teams as well. I did do overtime and worked the occasional week for an hour or two, however that does not bother me in the least. I enjoyed working with my co-workes and provided to support to the executives.
Pros
Respectful enviornment, and honest management, close to my house
Cons
Being available 24/7 sometimes pulled me away a family function or woke me up at 4:00 am, however I was happy to work there regardless
Not a good place to work....
Sr Advisory Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLAugust 12, 2013
Worked here for a number of years, although the pay scales are competitive, their is no work/like balance and you typically end up work 60-70 hr work weeks. There is no stable Management, and the whole focus is on Sales and the bottom line. The recently merged and are off-shoring jobs to India.

I'd ask around before jumping on with them.
Pros
technology
Cons
bad management, all about sales, no work/life bal with no scope for advancement or security with Jobs being offshored to India