SYNNEX Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a long term work place!
Test Opt (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 8, 2016
A typical day at work can be busy if we get a lot of production to tests for a whole quarter of a project. It can be slow on days because at the end of the quarter we have no more productions to work with until our client gives us some more products. Working here has help me increase my skills and gain some experiences. The hardest part of this job is getting put on call when there are no work!
Pros
Over time, and holiday free lunches
Cons
Management, no jobs stability, job advancement, pay
very low pay and manager doesn't care
finance (Current Employee) –  fremont, caSeptember 16, 2015
I have been with Synnex for some years and I work hard but my manager doesn't appreciate anything I do, no pay raise except for the annual 2% which seems to be nothing compare to how much everything else has been raised. my manager cares for nothing, if you plan to grow, this is not the place to stay long unless you are an aXX kissing type of employee. he gave his favorite person higher title, higher pay even that person is very slow but he is exaggerating everything he did. while for me, the quick but quiet person, he cares nothing. i asked for more job, he said no. i asked for higher title, he said no. seems like NO is an answer for everything.
Pros
flexibility, easy job
Cons
pay, no growth
Very productive Very fun Very safe
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 21, 2016
After the meeting it was time to get to work everything was almost perfect about this job. My supervisor is the coolest i really miss this job. My supervisor helped out in so many ways i cant even describe because he showed in so many ways he was really for his employees and not against them and when things got hard ruff or difficult he showed numerous ways around everything and he made sure you had no reason to doubt yourself. Co workers were just fine they were all so different. The hardest part about this job was leaving because I loved my job i loved waking up heading to work but due to lack of transportation i had to leave, the most enjoyable moment about this job was having a cool supervisor and a cool team lead.
Good Place to Work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2016
Typical day could be slow or very fast. Depending on the team, you're in for a great environment and enjoyment at work or possible dread.

Learned how the distribution model works for IT and other industries.

Severe lack of training. Must ask questions ad nauseam and be at the mercy of other co-workers free time to answer. To be fair, having great teammates is always a plus with this.
Pros
relaxed environment, majority good people to work with, great professionals to learn from
Cons
severe lack of training, advancement is tricky at times, sitting in a cubicle majority of day
From entry Level to Professional, a place to develop, grow and hone your skills.
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYAugust 13, 2015
A great place to develop communication skills, telephone marketing and sales skills as well as well as professional training in specified areas for each client. Make new friendships. Potential opportunities in growth with company in management and quality positions and in other areas. Cons are limited pay scales, and expensive benefits per pay as well as unstable longevity of entry level positions, contingent to client/company contracts.
Pros
Potential opportunities in growth with company, in management, and quality positions and in other areas, company lunches, and contests.
Cons
Cons are limited pay scales, expensive benefits, unstable longevity of entry level positions.
Good company, individual team management varies greatly. Lack of leadership.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 25, 2016
Rather than being focused on sales, the focus is placed on technical support. There is a lack of education around product lines, which causes a reactionary environment, rather than a proactive environment. Great coworkers and teammates but management lacks leadership and rule by fear is used more often than not. I enjoy the travel but do not enjoy the unrealistic customer base (over 3,000).
Pros
Travel and benefits
Cons
Very poor management, no organization of work flow
Great big company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 11, 2016
Decent place to work. Environment is typical cubicle office space. Spent most of the day on the phones working with sales partners or on the computer making sure stuff was planned and promoted. The more you sell, the higher the goal, they always found a way to keep pushing the carrot further away.
Team was great to work with traveled quite a bit for other facilities.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 30, 2016
Good place to work with great team members. A lot of travel and not much time with family at times. great benefits and the HR team is good to work with,
Pros
People are great and good to work with Program managers and product managers with sales reps.
Cons
Travel with littel tinme at home
Excellent place to work and grow in your career!
Global Project Mgr. Sr. Information Security Mgr (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 28, 2016
Loved the people and team that I worked with. Always challenging and entertaining! Great place to work! Never have lack of opportunities to increase your intellectual equity.
Pros
People, Team, entertaining
Cons
Compensation could be better.
management is unproffessional
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 27, 2016
terrible place to work, but pays the bills, poor management and growth opportunities, working environment is friendly at times,

Want to know more about SYNNEX Corporation?

Ask a question
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 11, 2015
Not providing a good training to the employees.
too much politics and red tapes.

less physical demands , if you're in a leadership position you'll get a full support from the management
Pros
less physical demand
Cons
very short breaks and lunches
excellent work experience i had in a while
Working as a full-time Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 2, 2016
Review work orders
great team work
pick order
inventory control was the hardest pick
loading trucks and unloading
cage security parts for the company
rush order
find parts
It's a fun and productive place to work.
Repair technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 7, 2016
The company makes servers for other big companies like facebook, amazon, eBay and many others. I fix their servers which are out from assembly and ready to be delivered at the specific locations.
Proffesional job enviorment with safety values
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 8, 2015
I worked for the company for a few months and in that time I learned how to change up my normal everyday schedule , one day id be quality control the next id be a regular assebler , it gave me the knowledge of sku numbers wave numbers batch codes ect. management was fine everybody there were people persons which made the job even more bennificial . The hardest part of the job was make up assignments if there was a mistake made by a assembly line then a group would get sent to work on the mistaken merchandise . The most enjoyable part was the variety of diffrent people there to work with .
Pros
We got free pizza for working overtime and make up assignments.
Cons
You couldnt miss a day or you might get fired .
It's Ok
Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 11, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind overtime without notice. This is a very fast paced but relaxed place to work. Advancement opportunity is not the best and company is slow to move or do new things.
Very Productive
Manufacture Associate (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 17, 2016
Great working environment.
Very understanding management.
Learn how to install and uninstall varies of software.
The Hive is the greatest place to work at Synnex.
fast paced environment with good benefits
Server Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 15, 2016
As much as I enjoy the break room and coworkers i would prefer to do less repetitive work but other than that it is fairly easy to learn and would recommend to any entry level workers.
Pros
free coffee, water, and tea, a refrigerator, multiple microwaves
Cons
no phones allowed
It was unorganized
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 6, 2016
It was unorganized. I did't like how the Management brought in over 80 temporary employees and expected them to meet numbers when they were untrained.
Network Final Rack Prep QC (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 11, 2016
Good! interesting work fast paced environment. I have nice and good co worker. I learned different areas of work, assembly, cabling, quality work and documentation.
Productive place
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 14, 2015
My job deals with a lot of configuation. My duties are to image certain unit models. Hardware installments were done as well. My job requires a lot of training to be productive in the position. You must have knowledge on different units such as: Lenovo, Dell, HP, and more. I also worked with printers as well.
Pros
work on different products
Cons
Tme management, poor orgainization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNNEX Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.