Synovus Employee Reviews

Stnovus
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Great benifits hour lunch no growth small bank pay was okay great upper management really no growth at allll , need to update their system
Pros
Hour lunches every month there's something going on
Cons
No growth
great pay
Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 17, 2016
pretty small company. personal are very nice. team atmosphere. every one has a interest in the company doing better. Could do less outsourcing. high volume of contractors there
Pros
small company
Cons
alittle cut throat type of team. outsource too much
Went from great to horrible.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 17, 2016
New management does not care how hard you work for promotions. Prepare to "brown-nose" if you want to get anywhere. Culture would be great if it was real. Good benefits plan though.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
Everything else.
My introduction to customer service,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 8, 2016
A typical work day at Synovus was answering calls regarding credit card accounts.
I learned how to deal with customers on all levels.
My management team was great.
The hardest part of my job was the long hours on the phone.
The most enjoyable part was the team like atmosphere.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
I worked nights
Great work enviroment, good co-workers, and good benefits.
Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. A typical day of work was staying busy, talking to my clients, and learning something new daily. I learned different types of collection procedures within the law. What could be said and what could not be said legally. Management was always there for me if I had a question or a problem. My co-workers were a great bunch to work with. We had diversity & it was always good. The hardest part of my job was making sure I was on schedule daily with calling & collecting. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily satisfaction I received from helping my clients, listening to each one, and trying to work out issues for them.
Pros
Good incentives.
Cons
Not enough freedom.
lots of areas to train in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 21, 2016
Answer phones, Verify customers identity, assist with all account information, order checks, activate check card, process address changes, funds transfer, verify funds, send research requests, process travel notifications, provide CD rates, transfer callers
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
scheduled breaks and lunches
Don't get trapped here.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 29, 2016
I have worked in every branch location of my division and there is zero cohesiveness within the division. No one knows what the rules are and if they do they break them regularly for the customers they baby. This causes disharmony in the sense that when those coddled customers go to other branches, they get mad that they aren't treated the way they are at the branch they're used to going to. Additionally, the training employees receive is sub-par at best. I came from a different bank into Synovus and still felt vastly unprepared to operate the several different programs they require us to on a daily basis. Maybe one person per branch barely knows how to operate them all and even then it's a lot of trial and error. When you call the help desk for help you often get several different answers depending on to whom you speak. Literally no one knows what they are doing; company-wide.
I took a pay-cut to come work for this company, being assured that there was a lot of room to grow and incentives and pay raises yada yada; don't listen to it. No one has been able to tell me how exactly you get a promotion. I have been teller 1 for two years; I have supervisory override. Another teller just finished her 6th month and is teller 2. No one can tell me why this is or how you get moved to teller 2, etc. They say their pay is competitive but it's not. Not even personal bankers make competitive pay. The incentives they offer are miserly and added quarterly; they maybe amount to $25 every three months. Not to mention, they hound you regularly to meet the goals, forcing you to cold call customers
  more... (as a teller -- this is typically a personal banker job if you're not familiar) and push products that really have no appeal.
If you work here, be prepared to operate on a skeleton crew. I have routinely been the only teller operating the front line and the drive through for several hours and have worked many 9 hour days without a lunch break. They let people go and do not rehire their positions. They are closing branches and doing away with all the tellers in the branches instead of making room for them at the other branches that are short staffed. This should be a red flag to anyone. This company is going under. They are downsizing, hiring seasonal only part timers, and went so far as to remove Microsoft Office licenses on computers to reduce cost. Meanwhile, they have just announced that they will be releasing two new commercials airing in the prime slots during the Olympics. This ship is sinking. If you're onboard, get off while you can. If you're smart, you won't even set foot on it. Save yourself the wasted time.
Pros
Vision insurance is good.
Cons
health plan is bad, pay poor, no advancement, no one knows what they're doing
Enjoyed the position a great deal
Adjustment Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 6, 2016
I loved researching, 'finding the money', my responsibilities and the hours. The hardest part of the job, was when we were so overwhelmed with work, working overtime was necessary. I did not mind that, only when we never seemed to get caught up. The company treated it's employees well
Pros
They were good to employees
Cons
Could be monotonous, not enough variety
Tight knit work groups. Tight.
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Tight knit work groups. Tight. Not much more to say...
Southeastern work locations. Banking and IT related jobs.
Warm weather. Decent work locations especially in the headquarters building on the riverwalk.
Pros
Awards for exemplary work, volunteerism.
Cons
Limited retirement benefits. No activities that include family.
not a good company to work for
operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 6, 2016
their is no room for growth unless you are part of the brotherhood. Management motto is work with less people and do the work of three people.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
no room for growth
Productive and focused
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 14, 2015
Routine, but friendly individuals to share your duties with. Enjoyed the community bank atmosphere and customers being "regulars."
Pros
Customers and fellow employees
Cons
Routine
Sfha
Loan Production Specialist / Commercial Flood Team (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 7, 2015
Review Special Flood Hazard Determination for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for supporting the Commercial Flood Team. Organize, prioritize and enter data for incoming commercial flood requests.
Few Sharp Tools in Shed - Lot of Bench Warmers
Loan Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2015
Accountability is missing throughout the footprint. Old school banking culture - not progressive (minorities beware). Leadership and accountability is lacking through out the footprint; and sink/swim training methods. If you are already seasoned in your field your talents will go to waste here. If you are the type of person that values structure and want to be knowledgeable in your field this is not the place for you. Best part of job would be co-workers depending on the department/line of business you are in. Most senior team members acquired there positions because of the time with the bank vs knowledge and are considered to be yes men and will throw you under the bus whenever they can get the chance. PAY IS NOT THE GREATEST - you'll be required to do a lot of work or overtime to make ends meet.
Pros
Co worker
Cons
Pay not that great, Poor Management, No Accountability/Training
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 24, 2015
I have learned so much about banking. Synovus invest into their employess by offering lots of training classes. The hours at the branches are great and it is rotating weekends.
Pros
Family life balance
Cons
The drive
I love working at Synovus
Bank Teller II (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 22, 2015
I love working with my team and helping our customers with their financial needs and getting to know our "regulars" on a personal basis.Our branch has a down home feel which is why our customers feel comfortable and like retruning to our branch time after time. Synovus is a great company to work for and they have helped me greatly in areas of customer service and team coheasiveness. I would say getting along with your team members difference of opinion and ideas would be the hardest part of the job but it is also the best part of the job. I spend more time with my job family then I do my real family, and learning each ones differnt work ethic and working within this frame has introduced me to a broad range of unique qualities.
Cashier/Customer Service/Accounting Representative
Account Services Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 24, 2015
• Customer inquiries and complaints
• Daily till balance, deposits, and researching overages and shortages
• Preparing large deposits
• Maintain monthly inventory
Good Entry Level Job
Customer Care Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GaJune 9, 2015
Provided assisted with some financial advice to customers
Fun and active environment.
Great co-workers, very helpful
I love helping customers
Deposit Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  columbus gaFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoyed helping customers and bank rep. They have good heathcare.I assited customers and bank rep with questions about there accounts.
Pros
heathcare
Cons
short lunch
Great
Supervisor, Customer Care Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Great company to work for and good benefits. Liked it. Should apply if interested
Management Untrustworthy
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 3, 2014
Co-workers are great
Management very very untrustworthy
The hardest part of the job is everyday they tell you something different, they never stand behind their word, they set you up for failure, their communication skills are non-existant, mangers are very unprofessional playing favorites like school children. Don't trust management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synovus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9