Synovus

Synovus Employer Reviews

Hardly any opportunity's for job advancement or increase in salary
Courier 2 (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 18, 2014
Your day starts by gathering and picking up mail for all your stops for that day.
Customer Care Coordinator I (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 5, 2014
Been with the company for almost 7 years. A good company to work for.
Productive and interesting position with the opportunity to fill diverse jobs
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, the people i worked with on a daily basis
I loved working with the hiring managers with whom I developed a great deal of rapport. I tried my best to fulfill their needs as professionally as possible.
I enjoyed working with the HR Managers as a team in determining salary offers and delivering those offers to our candidates.
I worked with a great team of Recruiters who were always willing to – more... assist when needed.
My Supervisor was very generous with her time and was always available when I needed her.
I loved working with the candidates and my favorite part of my job was delivering the best possible news.....an offer!! – less
Company is currently reorganizing
Vice President /Regional Risk Manager I (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Cons: lack of job security and dimishing benefits
I enjoyed the first 25 year I worked there but there has been a large amount of insecurity lately.
Challenging with great people
Vice President/Director of Consumer Compliance (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: the people and the ever changing regulatory environment.
The people are great to work with and strive to make Synovus a great place to work.

A typical day would consists of reading compliance updates, meetings, preparing reports, reviewing reports, answering questions, and serving as the compliance subject matter expert on projects.
Raise 2 times per years.
10 keypunch/Data Entry Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: passion helping others and enjoyed to chat with friends.
Cons: 30 minutes break.
A typical day of work is part time job, 30 hours per week.
From 4 pm to 10 pm or 11 pm. Depend.
I learned only for 10 keys speed old machine.
I management typing 10 keys speed.
I enjoyed helping with deaf girls who can't understand how to follow instructions.
The hardest part of the job is night shift, because I have a baby, but my daughter's father – more... was watching her at night.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I type speed, I got raise 2 times a year. – less
Just got hired with this company
Commercial Loan Division (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 19, 2013
I am excited about my new career with Synovus. Looking forward to a challenging experience.
Great place to work for most of my time there.
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 18, 2013
There were Ace Awards for exceeding your Benchmarks. This I enjoyed because I like to try and exceed my goals and do the best job that I can. There was also an Activity Committe which came up with fun things to do while at work.
Synovus is a company that cares about its employees
Field Credit Analyst (Former Employee), SoutheastFebruary 12, 2013
I enjoyed my time with Synovus, but I felt that by staying there, I was limiting my ultimate pinacle.
Very productive day and fun co-wokers.
Document Scanning Professional (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, when worked on saturday.
Work day beganing at 8:am, checking to make sure files are scanned on time.It's important to insure correction on margtage, and loan dcouments, were scanned in there correct folders.

Management was always ensuring, that prepper; were on time, so that scnner were also on time. Good management.
Co-woker willing to help each other, which made for a great – more... day. – less
Challenging / Provided opportunity to learn and apply skills
Consumer Post Closing Support Team (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 15, 2012
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: chance of advancement
Synovus has given me the opportunity to explore a career in Corporate America. I have found the experience challenging and extremely rewarding. I have gained a renewed respect for being a strong team player. I have the opportunity of working with intelligent and amazing people from top management to entry level with whom I have formed life long relationships. – more... The most challenging part of my job is staying current with the ever changing regulations and processes. I enjoy coming to work every day and I am very thankful for the work environment which allowed me to learn and feel accepted by truly wonderful people. I feel I am a more confident person because I was challenged and rose to the challenge. – less
Co-workers GREAT, but want to move up
Assistant Head Teller (Current Employee), Athens, GANovember 13, 2012
I want a job where I learn new things everyday and stay busy, at the bank most of the day is spent just sitting there and I need and want to stay busy where I have something to work on and do.
Great learning place to work
Data Entry Specialist-Credit Scoring (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 6, 2012
I've been with Synovus 6 years, and have learned a lot about the consumer lending business. My co-workers are like part of my family.

Erica77 – January 23, 2013

6 years you should get me on i would love to work there!!

Local employees good people / corporate only care about profits - - not their employees.
BSA/AML Officer (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAJune 22, 2012
I enjoyed my job and the work I did. Management at corporate did not live up to what I had heard about Synovus per caring about their people. I was made to drive for over two hours for a meeting with the corporate head of BSA who arrived over an hour late, then tried to make some jokes when she got there and then told seven of us our jobs were being – more... eliminated. – less
productive
Account Specialist I (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAApril 27, 2012
Pros: healthcare for part time associates
Cons: nothing in place for stress related jobs
they do i hire within when associates a qualified. the hardest part of job: trying to keep w/ closing banks.

Leec – July 20, 2012

I agree, there is nothing in place for the stress you have when trying to close out your assigned banks at the end of the day. Synovus will not consider you for other positions within the company.

Challenging place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 21, 2012
Synovus is in a transitional period that is causing for challenging changes and redirection. Overall, a good company to be employed.

About Synovus

Synovus has a nose for community banking. The holding company owns flagship subsidiary Synovus Bank and about 30 community banking – Read more