Synovus Employee Reviews

Very confining experience.
Human Resources - Compensation Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 11, 2017
Not a good HR environment. Very siloed experience within the HR department. Heavily staffed with little room for advancement . Not a collaborative experience or environment.
Great Place
Storeroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2017
Synovos is a great place to work ,just that as Synovos employee you are under contract.
When hiring new managment the process needs to be more careful when hiring from outside the company
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need to be more informative to all employees about contract in advance
Pulled the rug out from under me
Sr. Technical/Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2017
I received executive approval to work remotely and moved back (at my expense) to my home state. Two weeks after getting here they said they would no longer allow remote workers outside of their footprint and gave me my notice. Enjoyed working for them until they treated me this way.
Enjoyed my time working at this company very cultural and great employees
Mortgage Lien Specialist I (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 1, 2017
Great place to work just very fast pace and muat be able to stick to deadlines must produce large volume of work for minimum pay and be a team player is very important
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Pay
Production and fast paced
Consumer Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 27, 2017
• As a consumer lending specialist, I have interacted with numerous lenders and attorneys coordinating successful closure of loans.
• Ability to process and close over 60 + loans per month with accuracy and percussion.
• Prepared bank and federally regulated documents, ensuring accuracy and that the guidelines were met.
• Communicated on a regular basis through email and telephone to meet all deadlines in an effective and professional manner.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Prepare for Confusion
Jr Project Manager-Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 9, 2017
Typical day would start with multiple emails giving conflicting information, or emails between what should be you and your supervisor, but you'll find that all of leadership has been cc'd, detailing something innocuous. No responsibility for the lack of direction, leadership, training, growth, culture, or actual care of any employees that haven't been branded as must-have.

The best thing about working there was that I was provided opportunity early on to showcase what I brought to the table, then low-balled on an offer. Forced their hand at negotiating something for a moderate amount of pay.

There is absolutely zero compassion shown unless you are friends with your manager, meaning that, if you're tasked with projects that require time away from your current role, or you are trying to cross-train to help with another department, by the companies request, expect to be met with contempt, not just from your supervisor, but your peers, as well as the Workforce department.

Workforce, or scheduling, is apparently extremely difficult to get right, because they constantly would understaff/overstaff, and not utilize downtime in productive ways. I saw a lot of great, motivated people leave due to the complete and total lack of professionalism displayed by Team Leads, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, and peers, which I would say is rather telling that a company that wants to be the bank of here, wouldn't be able to keep people there that can make a difference.
Pros
You can be hired as a temp at a hire rate than direct hire.
Cons
Expect to be undercut, micro-managed by people who have no idea what they're doing, they've been promoted to the point of being incompetent.
Great place to work.
Accounting/Tax Associate II (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 30, 2017
I worked there twice. I enjoyed my time there. There were great employees and managers at the company. Opportunity for advancement, good benefits, employee perks, good salaries.
good
TIBCO Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 23, 2017
Good to work and very nice work culture . also very good worklife balance. Lot of things to learn from experienced employees. Very nice work environemnt
Synovus Review
LOAN DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty hectic. I learn something new on the daily. Rather it's a policy, procedure, fun fact about the company etc. There are always a lot of changes so being adaptable is a must. Management is fair to say the least.
One of the most thriving Companies to work for
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 10, 2017
Synovus is a good place to work, because they believe in work life balance. They provide excellent benefits and the company continues to thrive and grow..
OK place to work
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 29, 2017
I had a hard time transitioning from a very well paid job in Atlanta to a low paying job in Columbus, GA. I assisted 2 in-house counsel. I found the people in the legal department to be unfriendly and non-communicative. There was no hope for advancement at Synovus.
Culture and Compensation is okay
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 13, 2017
The company is not terrible, at first I loved it. Later on down the road management became a hassle, policies changed without notice, causing a lot of confusion. There is a huge lack of communication between management and employees.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 16, 2017
Customer Service, problems solving analysis, working in the ordering department taking inbound calls which deals with lost orders and damaged goods and entering information in the computer, also help develop other in the department for long term goals.
No job security
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 15, 2017
Keeps employees in a constant state of fear of the stability of their job. I witnessed the firing of at least 100 people over the course of year I worked there. Management is dishonest, and throw each other under the bus. The culture is sad and vicious, with little respect for the people who work there to provide for their families. Additionally, the bank is disorganized as a whole.

The pay is decent, and they allow tons of overtime which is why folks suffer through it.

If you seek decency and job security, don't bother.
Pros
flexible scheduling, overtime
Cons
high turnover which causes stress to employees
its a job not a career
Wire Payment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2017
ok place to work, slacker employees that do whatever they feel like doing, those that have a work ethic have to pick up the slack for those that don't
Pros
sick time & vacation time
Cons
low pay, no way to advance
Fast paced and high volume state of the art workplace
Senior Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2017
manage loans coming in from 31 banks all over Southeastern United States. Extremely high volume and production oriented. Excellent computer software programs that are state of the art.
Pros
I love underwriting real estate loans
Cons
Not able to interact with customers on a personal level
Synovus was great while it lasted
Float Mgmt/Cash Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 19, 2017
This job offered various opportunities in the financial field. There was room for advancement and one of the best things is they let there employees volunteer in the community without them having to use any of their personal time.
A wonderful bank with a great culture with leaders who truly care!
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT / RETAIL BANKING (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 16, 2017
I can honestly say that Synovus has been the best place to work in my career thus far. Leaders have vision and the culture is one that support and encourages individual growth and for all to work together serve to it's local communities.
Awesome Learning Experience
Database Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 25, 2017
Synovus will definitely put you through your paces. It is a dynamic and hard-charging environment where your skills will be tested on a daily basis.

I have spent my entire corporate career with this company. It gave me a strong opportunity to learn new things and to serve.

The most enjoyable aspect was the ability to be creative in developing methods for dealing with various problems and the joy of seeing those problems resolved.
Pros
The people are friendly, but professional.
Cons
Long Hours and stress.
A very matter of fact company, very little room for fun
Data Entry Operator/Wholesale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 1, 2017
The company was not bad, but just not employee friendly. I learned that I want a job that challenged me, that gave me the ability to advance.
Pros
benefis