Synovus Employee Reviews

Few Sharp Tools in Shed - Lot of Bench Warmers
Loan Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2015
Accountability is missing throughout the footprint. Old school banking culture - not progressive (minorities beware). Leadership and accountability is lacking through out the footprint; and sink/swim training methods. If you are already seasoned in your field your talents will go to waste here. If you are the type of person that values structure and want to be knowledgeable in your field this is not the place for you. Best part of job would be co-workers depending on the department/line of business you are in. Most senior team members acquired there positions because of the time with the bank vs knowledge and are considered to be yes men and will throw you under the bus whenever they can get the chance. PAY IS NOT THE GREATEST - you'll be required to do a lot of work or overtime to make ends meet.
Pros
Co worker
Cons
Pay not that great, Poor Management, No Accountability/Training
Challenging / Provided opportunity to learn and apply skills
Consumer Post Closing Support Team (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2012
Synovus has given me the opportunity to explore a career in Corporate America. I have found the experience challenging and extremely rewarding. I have gained a renewed respect for being a strong team player. I have the opportunity of working with intelligent and amazing people from top management to entry level with whom I have formed life long relationships. The most challenging part of my job is staying current with the ever changing regulations and processes. I enjoy coming to work every day and I am very thankful for the work environment which allowed me to learn and feel accepted by truly wonderful people. I feel I am a more confident person because I was challenged and rose to the challenge.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
chance of advancement
I love working at Synovus
Bank Teller II (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 22, 2015
I love working with my team and helping our customers with their financial needs and getting to know our "regulars" on a personal basis.Our branch has a down home feel which is why our customers feel comfortable and like retruning to our branch time after time. Synovus is a great company to work for and they have helped me greatly in areas of customer service and team coheasiveness. I would say getting along with your team members difference of opinion and ideas would be the hardest part of the job but it is also the best part of the job. I spend more time with my job family then I do my real family, and learning each ones differnt work ethic and working within this frame has introduced me to a broad range of unique qualities.
Productive and interesting position with the opportunity to fill diverse jobs
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2014
I loved working with the hiring managers with whom I developed a great deal of rapport. I tried my best to fulfill their needs as professionally as possible.
I enjoyed working with the HR Managers as a team in determining salary offers and delivering those offers to our candidates.
I worked with a great team of Recruiters who were always willing to assist when needed.
My Supervisor was very generous with her time and was always available when I needed her.
I loved working with the candidates and my favorite part of my job was delivering the best possible news.....an offer!!
Pros
healthcare, the people i worked with on a daily basis
Raise 2 times per years.
10 keypunch/Data Entry Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 29, 2013
A typical day of work is part time job, 30 hours per week.
From 4 pm to 10 pm or 11 pm. Depend.
I learned only for 10 keys speed old machine.
I management typing 10 keys speed.
I enjoyed helping with deaf girls who can't understand how to follow instructions.
The hardest part of the job is night shift, because I have a baby, but my daughter's father was watching her at night.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I type speed, I got raise 2 times a year.
Pros
passion helping others and enjoyed to chat with friends.
Cons
30 minutes break.
Very productive day and fun co-wokers.
Document Scanning Professional (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2013
Work day beganing at 8:am, checking to make sure files are scanned on time.It's important to insure correction on margtage, and loan dcouments, were scanned in there correct folders.

Management was always ensuring, that prepper; were on time, so that scnner were also on time. Good management.
Co-woker willing to help each other, which made for a great day.
Pros
free breakfast, when worked on saturday.
Local employees good people / corporate only care about profits - - not their employees.
BSA/AML Officer (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 22, 2012
I enjoyed my job and the work I did. Management at corporate did not live up to what I had heard about Synovus per caring about their people. I was made to drive for over two hours for a meeting with the corporate head of BSA who arrived over an hour late, then tried to make some jokes when she got there and then told seven of us our jobs were being eliminated.
Challenging with great people
Vice President/Director of Consumer Compliance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 14, 2013
The people are great to work with and strive to make Synovus a great place to work.

A typical day would consists of reading compliance updates, meetings, preparing reports, reviewing reports, answering questions, and serving as the compliance subject matter expert on projects.
Pros
the people and the ever changing regulatory environment.
Management Untrustworthy
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 3, 2014
Co-workers are great
Management very very untrustworthy
The hardest part of the job is everyday they tell you something different, they never stand behind their word, they set you up for failure, their communication skills are non-existant, mangers are very unprofessional playing favorites like school children. Don't trust management
Great co workers
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2014
I previously reviewed this organization. Pay is fair, benifits are good. Management is not trustworthy and the company is in deep financial trouble and laying off or terminating employees on a daily basis. The wort part of the culture are the politics.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management is not trustworthy
Smaller Company with Large Company Needs
IT MANAGER - DATA MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 12, 2014
While Synovus is a fairly small company (with regards to number of employees), the projects currently under way are of the same magnitude of that at companies much larger.
Pros
easy to get to know all areas of the business
Cons
budget contraints
Great place to work for most of my time there.
Loan Documentation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 18, 2013
There were Ace Awards for exceeding your Benchmarks. This I enjoyed because I like to try and exceed my goals and do the best job that I can. There was also an Activity Committe which came up with fun things to do while at work.
SFHA
Loan Production Specialist / Commercial Flood Team (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 7, 2015
Review Special Flood Hazard Determination for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for supporting the Commercial Flood Team. Organize, prioritize and enter data for incoming commercial flood requests.
Cashier/Customer Service/Accounting Representative
Account Services Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 24, 2015
• Customer inquiries and complaints
• Daily till balance, deposits, and researching overages and shortages
• Preparing large deposits
• Maintain monthly inventory
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 24, 2015
I have learned so much about banking. Synovus invest into their employess by offering lots of training classes. The hours at the branches are great and it is rotating weekends.
Pros
Family life balance
Cons
The drive
Co-workers GREAT, but want to move up
Assistant Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 13, 2012
I want a job where I learn new things everyday and stay busy, at the bank most of the day is spent just sitting there and I need and want to stay busy where I have something to work on and do.
Company is currently reorganizing
Vice President /Regional Risk Manager I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed the first 25 year I worked there but there has been a large amount of insecurity lately.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
lack of job security and dimishing benefits
not a good company to work for
operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 6, 2016
their is no room for growth unless you are part of the brotherhood. Management motto is work with less people and do the work of three people.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
no room for growth
productive
Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 27, 2012
they do i hire within when associates a qualified. the hardest part of job: trying to keep w/ closing banks.
Pros
healthcare for part time associates
Cons
nothing in place for stress related jobs

Comment – July 20, 2012

I agree, there is nothing in place for the stress you have when trying to close out your assigned banks at the end of the day. Synovus will not consider you for other positions within the company.

I love helping customers
Deposit Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  columbus gaFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoyed helping customers and bank rep. They have good heathcare.I assited customers and bank rep with questions about there accounts.
Pros
heathcare
Cons
short lunch