Syntel Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
Senior Project lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
Learned for the overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.

Worked on Analysis of internal user needs and desired results and developing software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications, with limited or no supervision.

Developed complex applications using C#, ASP.NET,Javascript, CSS, JavaScript, and Transact-SQL. Got experience in Writing, design, code, test, implement, and debug of programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
Typical Day at work at Syntel
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2016
Syntel has given me enough opportunities from beginning.I started working here as a fresher 4 years ago in Mainframes technologies.

I worked in a team that integrated data from various environment.
It has given exposure to most advanced development in mainframe and database technologies that had never been implemented at client site.
Under mentor ship of seniors transition from a trainee to senior software engineer was smooth and rewarding experience.

Most enjoyable part was exposure to clients due to early adoption of AGILE methodology even while i was at offshore location.
Domain Learning from diffrent expects of the Customer & Industry
PROJECT LEAD - BUSINESS ANALYSIS (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 12, 2016
-- Learned new prospects of the module and requirements.
-- Handle Sales team with operation member to provide response on RFP's and RFIs
-- Updated with latest healthcare market trends in payer and provider areas
Pros
Good Facility, Broad scope of work in healthcare, Diffrent clients interactions, diffrent modules
Cons
Not get chance to work on complete suit any specific area due to limited engagement with the client
Syntel inc
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 29, 2016
Pros
1,Syntel provided me onsite opportunity.
2,Syntel has good clients.
3,A good place to gain experience in testing field.
4,Provides space for learning and sponsors for certification exams to employee's.

Cons
1,Syntel has bad work life balance.
2,Syntel gives false estimation to clients to complete project and gives stress to employees.
3,Syntel's employee rating, review and appraisal policies are bad.
4,Its a manager and HR dominated company. Employee's opinion is not taken into consideration.
Good place to start your career.
Automation Engineer/QE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
● I started my career at Syntel, Inc and it has provided me with a great foothold as a software engineer. I worked for at my first client location for just over a year, and it gave me a great opportunity to experience the corporate world and practice my programming skills, as well as get some experience as a manager.
● I spent about 30-50% of my time coding, and the rest of my time managing projects.
● Co-workers are very nice and inclusive. They invited me to many Syntel events and non-Syntel events.
Pros
Opportunity to explore potential
Cons
Limited to what projects are available to you
Driven, qualified group accomplishing contractual needs
Program Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 20, 2016
Contractual engineering mostly in medical product development setting. This was in clinical design of abdominal aortic aneurysm catheters. Well built, well designed business model.
Pros
Goal oriented, goal driven, excellent management
Cons
Short business cycle, product eventually sold before finish
Productive & Nice place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
Productive & Nice place to work.Very friendly env. & easily gets lots of opp.

Even co-workers are helpful. Even comp

Work environment is casual and pleasant. Had a good experience of working with talented team members and some great managers. Great for those who are looking for onsite opportunities.

Retain good resources no matter what, at any cost. Better to have 1 excellent resource , instead of 5 bad ones
IT consultaing
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work is starting with meetings and follow up with worked discussed in previous meetings. Maintain Moody's rating applications and making sure no defects or flows are occurring. Syntel is an IT company taking care of big companies IT issues and run the business for Moody's
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
atmoshphere does not have much growth
Great company
Portfolio Architect (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
The team is outstanding. The milieu is excellent. I do WebFocus code for the current environment as well as for the new production environment.

I really enjoy the people with whom I interact daily. We are onsite at American Express, an outstanding financial company,
Pros
Great team
Cons
Budgetary restrictions imposed during assignments
good company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 1, 2016
Syntel, Inc. is a U.S.-based multinational provider of integrated technology and business services. Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, Syntel services its clients through 17 global development centers in India and the United States.
Pros
Opportunities to develop your skills
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Great people to work with
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2016
There were great people to work with. A very diverse culture as Syntel is a India based company. Learned alot of the language and culture. Have many friend still today that worked under me.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Managment very pressure oriented to point of un-realistic expectations
HR policies and Managers
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2016
The HR polices state that you work "At-will", that means they can fire you without telling you any reason. They will tell you are going to be in Boston, but when you get there they tell you not to make any big arrangements, like leasing an apartment, because she might be sent to Chicago, or other place, they don't care if the renter is not willing to rent a place month by month.
You might be on the bench for a long time and then get fire if they do not find anything for you, not because you did something wrong. After that you are on your own. You have to pay for your flight if you want to go back to where you came from. You have to break your lease, so whatever they pay you after firing will be for nothing but pay the renter.
The manager is not your friend if you are not Indian. Don't work for this company.
Pros
Pay training
Cons
payment, work life, freedom, managers, project managers, everything you can thing of.
Uncertainty in the organization
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2016
I like the company while working in India, But after deputation, employees relocation policy won't help much.
Also there are some uncertainty in the projects like the employees may get the very short notice about the termination of the project.
SYNTEL is good to work
Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2016
Management is not Wow but good environment. No growth as per work flow.

Work & salary does not match.
Type of work is good .

Some of the clients are really good like american express in which you can get an exposure of the whole credit card system.
Pros
Job Security / Work
Cons
Compensation/benefits
productive and fun work place
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
started my career with Syntel good work place learned lot of things.
Learned Testing manual, automation QTP, handling individual team and estimating resource for the work. got opportunity to interact with clients regarding project.
Good company for beginner
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2016
Good company for beginner.
Learned many technical things as beginner.
Slow growth.
Management of the company require lots of improvement.
No employee satisfaction.
Pros
Good company for beginner
Cons
Slow growth
good place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2016
like the company its good to work with company. i want to enrich my skills so im leaving this or else it is very good. Working culture was very good. Leaders are very supportive and encourage in all the means.
productive and fun work place
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
It was a great place to work around in syntel and employee satisfaction.I enjoyed a lot in syntel each and every moment.Management and more learning opprtunies are more in syntel and also we can enjoy the work
Its very fun place to work with bad management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 14, 2016
I have learned many things especially the managing the large infrastructure and my co workers are really help full in getting this
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Bad management
Good Company to Learn
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
Syntel growth path is good once you join the project and are billable.
Lot of learning if you apply yourself correctly.

The management is good and the overall environment is competitive.