Syntel

Syntel Employer Reviews

fun place
Programmer (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 12, 2015
Good company to work for while you are attending school. Fast pace and the time goes by fast if busy. Was exhausting to stand all day.
Productive and good place to work
Technical Lead/Developer (Current Employee), ILMarch 10, 2015
Co-workers have always been very helpful.
Learnt a lot from co-workers too.
Learnt how to lead team and deliver a project.
Most enjoyable is team outing every quarter where you interact more out of work.
Productive culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), NJMarch 10, 2015
focused on the success of clients, and create a fulfilling and attractive working environment for employees.Skilled Technology provider.
Great experience
Business Systems Analyst/ Project Manager (Former Employee), PhoenixMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance
The organization has a great work culture and offers competitive compensation. The management is understanding and promotes work life balance.
Good Working standards handled by not so good Managers and HR's
TEST LEAD (Former Employee), memphis TNJanuary 15, 2015
Syntel Is a good place to work. You can always have your work and life balance here. Many opportunities are here to grow, subject to condition your Supervisor/Managers allows you. Policies are clear about almost everything, but not so much followed or implemented by HR's.
Syntel can be a better company with aggressive approach towards work and treating its employees more like human, rather than just resources.
12 years of Java / J2EE development Experience as Lead
Senior Project Lead (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: quick learner, focus toward sucess plan
Cons: very flexible
Project Lead. Leading Onsite and offshore resource on Development toward Production Delivery.

Involving on Design, Architect, Project Lead and schedule tracking, Quality Responsibilities and Metrics report to Managedment.
Work experience
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2015
I have good hand in development and support type of projects as i have develop project from scratch.

I have good hand in core java,jsp,servlet,spring,spring mvc,struts and webservice.
Assistant Manager -Information Security (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 29, 2014
Being a security professional, will be so happy when I compromise the well developed application irrespective of technologies.
Hired to do ASP ,NET, ended up doing less than 50% ASP .NET
Project Lead (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 16, 2014
Pros: much variety of programming assignments.
Cons: not enough asp .net. some variety is nice.
I was hired to program in ASP .NET, but in the 2nd year was handed many other types of assignments such as Java/JSP, C++/C Linux systems, VBA, and Classic ASP, with only 20% ASP .NET

Having been hired to do ASP .NET, I would rather do at least 50% .NET. The variety was interesting, but didn't always fall within my skill set.

Now the percentage of my work that is ASP.NET is falling below 50% for the nearly two years that I have spent working there, and the trend is away from working on ASP .NET.
Good place for beginners
Project Test Lead (Current Employee), Memphis TNNovember 23, 2014
Syntel is a great place to start one's career. It offers a good exposure and takes you very swiftly through the corporate working lifestyle. It ensure you grow as professional.
Good company to work for with excellent exposure to business segments.
Sr. Mainframe Developer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2014
On day to day basis i work with business users to manage membership enrollment and processing for healthcare insurance...
System engineer (Current Employee), Orlando FLJune 17, 2014
1. take requirement from client and do DDS and convert them into design
2. co-ordinate between offshore and client.
3. develop code and do unit testing.
4. support production whenever required
5. My co-workers are very supportive and they help me whenever required so do I.
6. the hardest part of my job is when we take requirement from client to covert it into Design.
7. the most enjoyable part is when doing coding and get stuck, like to take brain out to resolve the issue.
Hard working and productive
Sr. Duck Creek developer (Current Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 13, 2014
Daily communicating with client and understand the requirement. Create effort estimates and provide to client. Actively involed in the discussion on defect review. Fixing defects. Analyze any sev1 issue. Creating release notes. Deployment on various environments. Creating new doc templates. Writing cursors in sql server. Closely working with co-workers to resolve issues. Fixed major issues within couple of hours. Closely working with client BA to educate current system behaviour. I am enjoining each and every moment of work.
Good Company to work with
Project Lead (Current Employee), pheonixFebruary 5, 2014
I got a chance to grow up in the company ladder.
I learned many things about project management, business process management etc. Became a tech savvy.
Good
Lead in Syntel (Current Employee), PhoenixJanuary 27, 2014
Good place to work.
Good working environment.
Friendly colleagues.
Business objects Admin and reporting
Designation - Sr. Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis tnJanuary 14, 2014
Business objects Admin and reporting looking despearately
Productive and knowledgeable workplace
Project Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: freedom to choose carrier path
Cons: less finical benefits
I have started my carrier with Syntel in 2007 and I got a very good support from co-workers, and managers in my initial learning days, which helps me to ready for this challenging world and balance between my work life and personal life.
I not just learnt technical things but got very good opportunity as a project lead.
The hardest part in Syntel is less finical stability.
GOOD FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS LEARNING
Designation - Sr. Technical Specialist (Current Employee), MEMPHISDecember 21, 2013
LEARNED COUPLE OF TECHNOLOGY WHICH I WAS EAGER TO.
LEARNED PEOPLE MANAGEMENT, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, TEAM BUILDING, PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Okay company to work with as a fresher
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2013
Good for freshers, but as you build experience it is not worth continuing long term as a career. Below average compensation and poor management, HR policies
Good
Test Lead (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 17, 2013
Good.
Good company to start working with but not so good for advanced learnings and growth on the technical side.

Syntel Salaries