Synthes Employee Reviews

It was a facinating place to work for!
non steryle packager (Former Employee), Monument, COMay 1, 2015
Pros: No management at night
Cons: had to wait a while for parts
this was a very fast pace position that was the hardest part of the job. A typical day included set up running machines clean up. My co workers were awesome people to work with. I got a lot of satisfaction with going up and above my goals for the work day.
Very Fast Pace Enviroment
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Monument, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: The company was bought out by J&J in 2014
Alot of overtime at various stations.
As a cnc operator and inspector have pride in the product we made.
always help out co workers and answer questions for temporary employees.
the challenging aspect would be the constant changing of training guides by the FDA and ISO standards.
The best part of working for a medical device company is that we
help people with trauma,everyday surgical needs, veterinarian,
adolescent patients and to provide the best product available to them.
Synthes
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 3, 2015
Pros: very easy going and helpful environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for Synthes was a day full of processing different size nails through the variety of machines, checking them for incorrect holes, groves, or defects, at the end of the day we cleaned our machines and shut them down the correct way. I was trained on a couple of different machines and was trained well. I had the right amount of supervision so that when I was learning something new – more... or even just had a question I was confident I would get it answered. From what I could see, the management was pretty good, i never had any issues with the management team and my trainers and supervisors were really understanding, helpful, and easy going, which is exactly what I need in a management team. The hardest part of my job was changing the tools in the machine, i was not there long enough to have become completely confident in myself to change them by myself I usually had to have help. Sometimes the part would be jammed in the tool slot making it very difficult to pull apart and change, i also had difficulties figuring the difference when putting in a new tool or even if it needed a difference. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and easy going, helpful, and friendly they were. they really helped me fell more comfortable there which in return helped me work better. If I ever had any questions I always had 2 or more people jumping to help. The work itself was fairly simple, but of course had its difficulties. I was always excited and peppy to come to work. – less
Great products, reputation, and opportunity
Spine Consultant (Former Employee), HIOctober 17, 2014
Pros: exciting job, great income
Cons: on call most of the time
Medical device sales, working in the operating room with surgeons.
Very rewarding and exciting.
Stimulating environment.
Awarded for performance.
You run your own territory. As long as you perform no one bothers you.
Great work life balance
Associate Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMarch 9, 2014
No development plans for new engineers.

Great work life balance and benefits package.
Productive and fun work place
Complaint Handler/Data Entry Associate (Former Employee), West Chester, PAOctober 15, 2013
Known as a detail-oriented, hardworking professional who communicates well. Strong ability to work confidently and efficiently under pressure; proven record of reliability; excellent organizational and prioritization skills; confident decision maker with superior interpersonal skills.
Synthes
Surgical Spine Sales Consultant (Former Employee), floridaMarch 11, 2013
Solely responsible for the marketing, new product launch and sales growth of entire spine portfolio (Spine Degenerative, Deformity, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Trauma, Biologics) in a startup expansion territory with no previous Synthes Spine sales. Call points: Neurosurgeons, Orthopaedic, and General Surgeons. Leads, develops and maintains field contact with key Orthopaedic/Neuro Surgeons, hospitals, Operating Room Staff, administration, clinicians and researchers at various Central Florida Medical Centers.
I love this work environment and the hours!
Field Action Specialist (Current Employee), West Chester, PANovember 12, 2012
Even thought I am a temp everyone here has mad me feel like par of the team. I have been here longer then anticipated. My manager is always there for me and if I have a family emergency come up she is the first one to say take care of it. it really feels like one big family here. Thes best group of people I ever worked with.
I love this work environment and the hours!
Field Action Specialist (Current Employee), West Chester, PANovember 12, 2012
Fair conditions with serious managment issues
CNC Machine Operator / Cell Leader (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: inexperienced managment and poor work ethics
The managment (from lower / upper supervisors to plant manager )needs to learn a sense of responsability for what they say and do .They will never be worth working for until they do.
The hardest part of the job was watching others get promoted due to the quality of the pick-up truck they drove and not their work habits.
A typical work day would have you watch the "important" people wasting more time getting coffee than preparing for work.
I learnned to never trust a supervisor unless you have it in writing for evidence.
basicly clean shop with serious managment issues
cell leader cnc operator (Former Employee), big flats nyAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good benfits fair pay not difficult work
Cons: favoratism in promoting zero accountability for managment
A lot of favoratism in managment Pregidece through shop in regard to advancement E O P policy doesnt exist
Comfortable work environment and very interesting work.
Lab Tech (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMay 25, 2012
Pros: free coffee, flex hours, personable coworkers, easy going bosses
Cons: commute on i-76
Some days would be spent researching scholarly articles or patents for products in the early stages of development. While other days I would get a cup of coffee and then head right into the lab to perform QC testing or some other experiments for the entire day. Management was very approachable with questions and easy to talk to. In regards to co-workers even if they weren't specifically in my group – more... we knew what each other would be working on and be able to joke around or go out to lunch. The hardest part was when there was tedious testing that took the entire day to perform and although it was necessary data that didn't change the fact that it could get boring. The best part about the job was getting hands on experience working on implants that would be actually put inside of someone once it was on the market. – less