This is a full time position with a network consulting firm providing services to clients in the Ventura County. This person will resolve day to day technical support issues and service requests for our clients. You will have some ability to set your own schedule. Travel will be required to individual client sites within Ventura County. A percentage of work may also be performed remotely. We are looking for someone with hands on experience supporting networks and end-users, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and can provide exceptional customer service. Degrees and certifications are a plus, but not required. This is a job for someone with hands on network experience that wants to learn more, and is willing to do the work that is required to excel in this field. You must be extremely reliable and trustworthy and pay close attention to detail.
- A high-level Server/Network/Workstation Administrator with at least 4 years of customer service and technical experience.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience and Windows XP/ Windows 7 a must.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 a must.
- Experience in removal of all types of Spyware, Malware, and RootKits from Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Able to configure and support a broad range of Microsoft Server Operating Systems including Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2003SBS, 2008SBS, Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, SQL 2000, 2005, SQL2008, Terminal Server, and Remote Desktop Services. SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge with Smart Phones, BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Exchange ActiveSync on iPhone, iPad, and DROID phones.
- Solid Knowledge and working experience with backup technologies and strategies, Backup Exec. Hands on experience of file level and Exchange GRT restores a must. Experience with other products such as Acronis, Shadow Protect, and OnTrack Power Controls for Exchange a plus. Bare Metal Restore and Disaster Recovery experience a plus.
- Knowledge of AntiVirus applications, primarily Symantec EndPoint Protection Manager and Client deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Network Printing, Network Scanning, Switch Management and troubleshooting, APC UPS management and battery replacement, PowerChute Business Edition and PowerChute Network Shutdown.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP subnetting and routing, DNS, DHCP, Wireless Access Points, Routing and Remote Access, Firewalls and VPNâ€˜s are a must.
- Must be experienced with Port Forwarding, One to One NAT, Access Policies, Site to Site VPNâ€™s, Microsoft PPTP, SonicWall, Cisco, and Nortel VPN Client configuration.
- In depth DNS knowledge and configuration including Host, MX, and PTR records, SSL Certificate implementation and management, working with domain registrars and DNS providers to modify and create records and transfer domains. Experience with Hosted Exchange a plus. Office 365
- Able to perform problem diagnosis and resolution for Internet, including DSL, cable, T-1, fiber, wi-fi, and network connectivity as well as workstation and server performance issues.
- Must be able to troubleshoot hardware, replace a hard drive, install an Operating System from boot media, download and install all applicable drivers and updates, join to AD domain, set local user groups, install end user applications and updates, and restore profile and data.
- Able to do some heavy lifting to install/setup servers and workstations, experience with server enclosures, rack mounting servers, switches, and clean cable routing.
- Familiarity with Dell OptiPlex workstations and Dell Latitude notebooks is a plus.
- Familiarity with HP/Compaq Proliant and Dell PowerEdge servers is a plus.
Responsibilities will include: management and maintenance of Microsoft Networks (including Active Directory, Group Policies, Roaming Profiles, Folder Redirection, Exchange Administration), help desk and phone support for end users, troubleshooting and resolving other IT-related issues, and working with the team on IT projects (such as Server migrations, WAN implementations, and set-up and configuration of networks, servers, desktops and laptops). Administer and manage Active Directory user accounts, groups, print queues, NTFS and Share permissions, DFS Replication, NTFS Site Replication, directory structures and server file structures, remote access, and other infrastructure-related services in accordance with security policies, best practices and standard procedures.
Syntiro Networks is a small but established and growing network consulting firm located in Moorpark, CA. We design and implement full-service IT solutions, manage existing systems, and help implement technology that will add value to our clients business.
Please submit salary history with your resume.
Compensation: 50K - 65K DOE
Indeed - 2 years ago