Syracuse University Employee Reviews in United States

Creative, goal oriented culture
Executive Director Regional Programs (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2016
At Syracuse University I was afforded the opportunity to grow and develop my career. In addition I was able to lead and start several programs.
Pros
Growth, creativity.
Cons
Regional support
Very productive work schedule during student breaks
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2016
Very fast paced construction schedule for campus renovations. Currently undergoing a broad change in management, creating some confusion in a very hectic working environment as preparations are made for the construction season. Overall a fun place to work, but will be glad when things settle down with the management restructuring.
Pros
Excellent benefits package!
Cons
Senior management has been in place for a long time, not too open for change in my opinion
Friendly and great place to grow up
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 28, 2016
If you are interested and thinking of further studies, this is a good way to build up your research experience profile. It's an awesome opportunity to work under very experienced professors in the university. You will learn a lot along the way.
Nice school
Guest Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Very nice campus, two minutes driving from downtown Syracuse city, weather: good summers and tough winters, recommended to visit
A good summer job close to home
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 17, 2016
This was a good job close to home for a summer job during college. It payed well when I had bills to pay and gave me knowledge in construction and carpentry. The physical laborer also kept me in shape and taught me the appreciation for hard work.
Masters in Nutrition Science
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutrition Education ExperienceFebruary 1, 2016
The master's program is a small but growing program at SU. It is very reputable and I feel it sufficiently prepared me for my dietetic internship.
Good student life
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Syracuse University as a teaching assistant is fulfilling due to the funding it provides as well as the work load.
ITS Phone Consultant
Co-First Author and Presenter (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 20, 2016
• Answer, and solve, technology issues on campus
• Respond to emails sent in by students/ faculty/ staff to resolve technology issues
• Answer phones, troubleshoot and resolve technology issues
Experience will differ depending on department
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 11, 2016
My supervisor in the MFT program has made this experience just the right amount of challenging. The assistantship was greatly appreciated.
Best place I have ever worked
Finanial Aid (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 5, 2016
I been trying to get a position with SU for the last 10 years and finally the opportunity came. I work with a amazing group of people, benefits are amazing and the work culture is awesome. No petty nonsense, everyone willing to help and teach me what I need to know. No backstabbing or corp nonsense so far. I am glad to have this opportunity
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None!
Fun to work with a professor.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2015
The best thing is I work with an excellent professor. RA is a part time job for student, so the work is flexible, depending on the professor's study topic. I did learn a lot, as most of the work is related to what I learned. I need to collect data and do financial analysis on them. I need to use Excel, R and write report. The hardest part is a lot of time has to be spent on it, while I need to study. A balance if important.
Everyday was different and exciting, didn't always know aht was going to happen, just handled when it came along, it made day fly by.
Administrative Assistant - 1st Floor Coaches Wing (Former Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentOctober 5, 2015
Very busy and some times hectic but always a team effort to get everything done so the the event(s) could all take place on time. Answering phone, balancing credit cards, helping coaches and administrator, we where like a family. We all worked hard and it showed with the end result.
Pros
respect of co-workers
federal work study
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 1, 2015
This position afforded me the opportunity to make other people's library visit more convenient by doing the research or book location for them. It is a great way to attain a broad network of professionals, students and common constituents.
Pros
demonstrates the overall importance of organization.
Cons
wages were not enough
Great experience
Competition team member (Former Employee) –  801 University avenue, Syracuse, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Enjoy working with professor and schoolmates and the school is really good. We can learn a lot and do the things. We did tough project and competed with a lot of schools elsewhere.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 21, 2015
People are nice, so is the environment.
We have all types of free tea, coffee, chocolate, and we have fridge, microwave and toaster, and they assign me work based on my schedule
It was a great work environment where I was able to work with students on a daily basis.
Student Centers and Programming Services (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I worked in a great environment. The professional staff worked well with one another and worked off of each other's strengths. At times, there were long days, weekends, events, etc. where all of the professional and student staff pulled together to get through the event(s) to make them a success. At the end of the day, the staffs and customers were always happy. We would always challenge each other to be better but also make each other think outside of the box. It helped make the department grow as well.
Fun, but not so fun position
LA Semester Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2015
The LA Semester Resident Advisor position was not an extremely challenging job. Besides assisting the SULA academic staff with certain duties, being in charge of emergency protocol and living situations for students, the central task of mine was planning group events bi-weekly.

Finding affordable and interesting things to do in the LA area was not the difficult part, it was getting the students to show up and participate, which was what made it not too fun. Majority of the time it would be less than a 10% participation. Other than that. the perks of the job were great as well as the overall experience, which helped me improve my time management and resource skills greatly.
Fun and competitive working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse,NYSeptember 11, 2015
The financial department of Watsons is in an gorgeous office building. Thousands of people work in there. As an intern there, I tried different sessions. I checked the tax zones reimbursement file and clarified them with my colleagues. During the period, I jumped out of the box and came up with many ideas to improve the method.
Because the tedious work is highly loaded, it pushed me to change.
That is my characteristics, more pressure more efficient. I love challenge. I would like to jump out of my comfortable zone. It will help me grow faster.
Really fun environment and great people
FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  syracuse, nyAugust 11, 2015
the whole time i worked there, i enjoyed every minute of it. the managers try their best to keep the environment stress free.
Many things could be improved
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 10, 2015
Surely it depends on the department that one person works at. A typical day in my department would be long and stressful.

4.4