Syracuse University Employee Reviews

Great place if you are a full employee.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2018
As a temp I get treated fairly, but it is very demanding with little reward. Has a lot of travel involved and basic secretary/assistant work such as going to meetings and taking notes.
Nice part time job
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Great for students. I worked as graduate research assistant and it allowed me to study some subjects in details and also earn some extra money to cover expenses
a great place to advance
Graduate Awards Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2018
A great place to advance. Great tuition benefits for yourself and family. Great benefits and a lot of time off. A diverse group of people to work with
Relaxed but quick paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PhysicsJanuary 6, 2018
Great coworkers and supervisors. Definitely learned a lot of skills that can go towards a great full time job. Was almost always happy to be there everyday.
Fun staff to work with
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 2, 2018
This position allowed me to connect regularly with a vibrant campus and still maintain a home office in the Midwest. Offered autonomy and support at the same time.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Never enough time to connect as often as wished.
Good to study and learn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  SyracuseDecember 31, 2017
I loved it to study here with Graduate Assistantship. It is very good experience to learn and grow with support from higher officials and department staff.
Productive and rewarding
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 20, 2017
Staff are friendly and readily offer assistance if needed. Working at the universe involve making connect with various people of different cultures and professional backgrounds. Its a great place for networking and expanding your career.
Wonderful
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  The warehouseDecember 14, 2017
Good work environment. Professional and academic at the same time. Diversity in community and equality in opportunities. expensive even for staff. Practical equipment.
Free Tuition for yourself and your Family
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 27, 2017
Syracuse University offers tuition benefits for yourself and your family whether you work there part time or full time on campus and your children can go to college for free to over 540 colleges in the United States. You must work there 3 years prior to your children receiving these benefits.
NY Peace Officer
New York State Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2017
A typical day includes unforeseen events with your role to protect and assist the University community. Day hours can become longer due to assigned situations.
Pros
Educational opportunity for full-time employees. Opportunity to work overtime.
Cons
May be high stress situations
Good place to start with
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2017
nothing as such
just a normal workplace for on campus jobs
Good place to start with
pays decent for freshers
work is good
environment is good
u can continue here
A good place to work.
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Syracuse University. I worked on the PeopleSoft and Data Warehouse development teams. I was able to work on many varied projects. I enjoyed my co-workers and the work we did together.
Pros
Opportunities to work on many varied assignments.
Cons
Not always appreciated by senior management.
Excellent School
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Very well paid internship, interesting subject and fascinating mentor. Had the option of researching at my own pace and utilizing my preffered methods.
Flexible and engaging
Event Technical Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 26, 2017
As a full time student, my flexible part time hours at Syracuse University are a perfect fit for my schedule. Very realistic expectations, congenial manager, the best co-workers
Pros
Flexible
Exciting environment to work in
Syracuse Lead Study, Behavioral Assessor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 18, 2017
I've thoroughly enjoyed by time employed by Syracuse University. The academic environment is always interesting. The University offers great benefits to their employees and is often hosting activities to get coworkers together.
Post doctoral researcher
Post Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2017
I can recall how passionately the supervisor and the seniors used to help me.

I learned many techniques for conducting chemical experiments.

Management is good
Nice work experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 30, 2017
As Grad student I know sometimes we have queries that need to be answered quickly. As being Teaching assistant I had that opportunity to help fellow students to understand difficult topics and help them with their work.
Event Staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2017
training is excellent and meeting new people at every event. You get to work all types of events including concerts and Syracuse functions. Just a great atmosphere.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I had the great experience to be hired as the teaching tutor/ assistant. I had taught the masters and the undergrad students on the violin performance. I recently moved to Boston for my husband, this is the reason I leave the Syracuse and here Boston looking for continuing my professional music career.
During the school year very busy.
Senior Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Enjoyed the on campus atmosphere. Enjoyed working with faculty, staff and the students. The workflow was usually consistly busy during the school year and a bit more slower during the summer. Hardest part of the job was not having the most up-to-date equipment but we made due with what we had and did well with it.
Pros
All the benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syracuse University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4