Syracuse University

Syracuse University Employer Reviews

Good Experience. I worked part time so cant say much
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 31, 2014
Just a part time academic research job. Cant get any better.
the people here are nice
Woods Lake Watershed liming study researcher (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: cost time
lots of lab work
the hardest part is lab
took long time do research
Fast-paced, productive environment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 21, 2014
Day to day activities are never the same, very busy office with 15 people in the department.
Great place to study, work and live
Graduate student (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2014
Great place to study, work and live. Professors are very knowledgeable, and people there are willing to help. Great international students service.
Fun class
Computer Aided Design (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 3, 2014
• Different class has different experience
• Learned how to solve difficult problem
Independent schedule and accommodating to students
English Tutor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2014
I taught english once a week to international students who were in charge of teaching sub sections of different varieties of undergraduate lecture courses. Shortly after the class, I was required to submit an individual review on each of the students' progress.
Fun School to teach
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 1, 2014
Taught electrical engineering classes.
Prepared labs for the classes.
Interactive challenging work place
French Language Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 30, 2014
A very pleasant and interactive place to work at. One gains lots of positive experience in a multicultural linguistic environment
Graduate of Syracuse
Lead Consultant, Head of Business Development Team (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 26, 2014
For the past four years, I have been completing my undergraduate degree in entrepreneurial services and emerging enterprises at Syracuse University. This unique and challenging program encompassed specific concentrations in finance, economics, supply chain, and marketing which fostered a competitive drive that has allowed me to obtain a multitude of – more... real world experience.

In conjunction with the Whitman School of Business, I had the pleasure of providing consulting services to a nonprofit refugee cleaning service in the city of Syracuse. My duties entailed team management, facilitation of information to upper level management, consumer marketing research, and portfolio integration. – less
A great place. 4 out of 5 Stars!
Account Representative, Student Debt Management (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: the tuition benefit for children was the best, discounted season tickets for sports is a great benefit also!
Cons: promotions are based upon how many years you have worked at the university instead of skill based.
A great place to work for the tuition benefits. If you add that into your salary which is very low, it brings the salary to an acceptable level. I was able to take college classes to have the credits go to my degree, another great benefit! The position was easy, it is an adjustment going from a business environment to an educational one.
Lab Research Assistant (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 10, 2014
Co-workers are very nice, and I typically work 4-6 hours a day. I'm learning proper lab procedures.
N/A
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2014
Common problems in academia. Good network of people to know.
Productive and Fun place to work with its occasional challenges .
Member of Franklins Supply Chain Club (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 12, 2014
Learnt about the functioning of various departments and the supplementary roles played by each in directly or in-directly supporting the each other .
The cost cutting measures adopted by the management are not always successful and realized the importance of maintaining an proper inter-departmental communication channel during the course of the project – more... . – less
I was brought to SU to direct my bioforensics program and to establish it as a hallmark for SU & forensics community. I was then laid off.
Professor of Practice (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: high caliber of colleagues to interact with; wonderful students; great facilities
Cons: financial constraints
SU has a lot to offer, and I and my team anticipated providing exceptional opportunities in developing my forensics capabilities for students, the forensics community, the DOD and Intelligence Communities, and expanding and deepening our knowledge of biological signature behavior (I consider myself a molecular ecologist), and then leveraging biological – more... signatures for forensic applications.

It was a fertile organization, but the hardest part of the job was upon our arrival in July 2014, the immediate communication of financial hardships within the university. For me, and from my perspective, these cascaded and led to a number of constraints placed upon the institution I was part of, and a changing of the financial landscape for me and my group. This led to my being laid off in March 2014.

The students and the excitement on campus is spectacular, and I think that a student will gain a wonderful educational experience on campus. My concern is that there needs to be a stabilization of leadership there for best moving ahead campus wide. – less
varied job possibilities creates good possibility of job comfort
floater/pizza maker/ custodian (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: free food in some departments and flexability
Cons: customers
with many different departments and positions within each department it is very easy to find a place on campus. the people as a whole are easy to work with and the atmosphere promotes productivity exceptionally. the benefits, especially educational, are very good. the expectations of individuals are very realistic creating a comfortable work environment.
Highly Collaborative Work Environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 29, 2014
I really enjoy educating students and introducing them to the use of software in the design workflow and how that relates to an office environment.
University
Research Assistant Department of Physics (Former Employee), Syracuse NYApril 8, 2014
I am a Ph.D student.
Research Assistant is just doing research with advisor. It's a typical position of all physics phd student.
Take group meeting. Run Monte-Carlo simulation. Analyze data. Programming. Writing research report. Take teleconference. Do presentation. Meet advisor, discuss work, get suggestions.
Great Learning Environemnt
Multimedia Journalist, Reporter (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 26, 2014
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University is ranked the number one school for journalism in te county. It is very hands on and has allowed me to learn valuable skills as a journalist.
Amazing Experience
Collegiate Athlete (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: playing a sport at the division 1 level. being surrounded by great people.
Class from 9:30am to 3pm, practice from 4-6pm. Homework at required Study Hall hours (9 hours/week). Competition usually every Saturday either at Home or on the road. The hardest part of the job was all of the training, focusing on playing lacrosse at the highest level and finding the balance of school in all of it. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was winning two National Championships and being named an All-American twice at such a prestigious university. – less
Awesome
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 17, 2014
Great place to work. I loved it. You get to work meet many different people.

1 2 3