Sysco Business Services Employee Reviews in United States

SBS Talent Acquisition
TAP (Current Employee) –  CypressJuly 23, 2015
Was exited to work for such a large company but soon came to find out that I made the worst mistake of quitting my job to work here. No training and God forbid you make one mistake your fired on spot, They set you up for failure. Someone gets fired and the entire dept knows why. Very uneasy feeling about working here. Looking to put my two weeks notice very soon not a stable place to be at. At least in this dept. Manager look at you like your stupid when you ask questions.
Pros
work from home every two weeks
Cons
Management sucks!
This is a great place to work with unique management staff.
Accounts Payable Claims Dispute Admin (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
This is a great place to work with unique management staff. I love it here just looking for something more on the management staff
Ghetto place to work
AR Billing Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 30, 2015
Leadership is terrible and they with literally set you up to fail if it means saving their own behinds. HR is beyond terrible
Pros
Fitness center
Cons
To many to name.. Run for the hills!
I worked in an unorganized department. Planned to transfer out after 1 year.
A/R Customer Dispute Mgmt Admin (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 2, 2015
I worked in a very unorganized department. Manager was never around. Very little training and had nothing in writing to learn by. I wanted to get my foot in the door and was planning on transferring out of the department after the mandatory one year commitment to the department.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
manager's never around, and the comute.
Operations Coordinator
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Establishes relationships with SBS vendors; purchasing for SBS and Sysco Dallas (i.e., office supplies, mailroom supplies, break room items, building maintenance items, software licenses, etc…); researches invoice discrepancies for resolution; request quotes from vendors; continuously improving purchasing and new hire processes; manage inventories and utility spreadsheet, including a pivot table for easy look-up; provides spreadsheet to HR, and one to SBS's Sr. VP; processes incoming New Hire’s; manages and creates SBS badges and badge processes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing "thank you so much" from my customers (i.e., Accounts Payable, New Hires, my co-workers, or someone I didn't necessarily have to help). My drive is my customer's success and helping make their day a little easier.
Casual & laid back
SUPPLIER SUPPORT / CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 4, 2013
Sysco in my opinion is a corporation that handles a large quantity of customers, internal as well as external. It is a laid back college type environment. My co-workers are great, my Team Leader / Supervisor is very supportive and the employees that I have encountered from other departments for the most part have been friendly too.
Productive growing company
Demand Planner II (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 2, 2012
Complete all tasks on my agenda. Learn new areas of the SAP System that we utilize. Management is ok could be more informative and attentive to employees and the work assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction of knowing that product is in and service level for the company is great.
Sysco is in currently reorganizing
Pricing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Cypress TXDecember 31, 2012
A Typical work day includes several meetings.
The hardest part of the job encompassed trying to perform a function and no one knew how. Several Changes to resolve issue, never a resolution.
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
lack of knowledge, poor decision makers, terrible pay
Great Company To Work For
Menu Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 4, 2013
Very stable, no lay-offs or down sizing. Unfortunately, women and minorities do not move up or gain promotions as much as white men do.
Pros
national leader in their industry.
Cons
lack of promotional opportunities for women and minorities.
Food Distributor
Accounts Receivable Collections Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cypress,txNovember 2, 2014
A challenging evironment, vendor and customer focused company.

Lots of changes daily with learning opportunities
Fun Place to work
menu analyst (Current Employee) –  houstonNovember 6, 2013
Really relaxed atmosphere. Management is really laid back and nice to all employees. There is a sense of team atmosphere when you come work here.

2.5