Sysco Corp Employee Reviews in United States

great place to gain expirience
Help Desk Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2015
I learned a lot working at Sysco since its a large corporate environment, the people and managers are nice, location is great, work flow was heavy and kept me busy
n/a
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
The Talent Acquisition Department has a very high turnover rate. A lot of talented people end up getting fired or just plain leaving on their own.
Flexible but challenging career
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Great flexibility with in the position in the job. Unreliable ability to count on income. Company is in a tough transition on how to bring more income and not lose complete touch with employees.
My job at SYSCO Guest Supply was production oriented and fun.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GADecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me included a variety of tasks, because I was what we call a "Floater." In the mornings I logged on to our voice command system to get started for the day. My first task was to make sure that all bin locations were replenished and the overstock was cleared from the end caps. Next, depending on whether were short staffed in a particular function I would rotate to fill that position, or continue on to my next task, breaking down and putting away into locations, inventory received from various vendors. That would usually take until lunchtime. After returning from lunch I proceeded to pull, ship and load all remaining orders to be shipped via freight or FedEx. Last I would do my assigned clean-up duties and make sure that all pallet jacks and forklifts were charging for the next shift/ day.
I learned quite few things working at SYSCO. I learned to use the RF scanner which was one of my first lessons. Using the RF scanner I performed tasks like doing count checks for inventory control, pulling orders, moving inventory to and from various locations, receiving and shipping product and consolidating product. I was also trained on the voice command system, which was how we performed most tasks and functions. I was also trained to pull orders using the FedEx system.
Management throughout the company was wonderful, understanding, and very helpful. They always tried to make sure that their employees were safe, satisfied, and receiving all of the proper training we needed to efficiently perform our jobs. My co-workers were great and fun people to work with and we
  more... always worked as a team.
The hardest part of my job came at the first of every month when our workload was tripled. Hotels got their budgets for the entire month during this time and had to have product to last until the next month.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
plenty of overtime and wonderful people.
Cons
health insurance was a little pricey.
Responsibilities
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2014
Responsible for growing existing account base. Up-selling products. Being informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales share information for customers as part of personal relationship initiative. Collecting accounts receivable in accordance with company policy. Processing all orders remotely.
Great place,Hard hours!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Sysco is an ever changing company. Growth is something that everyone looks forward too, I learned that change is always for the better even if it makes you uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and people at syso. Teamwork is felt throughout the entire company and the customer focus is exceptional. The hardest part for me was the lack of effort to work with employees on scheduling and the lack of effort to understand we have lives outside of work. Overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
teamwork, advancement oppurtunity
Cons
hours, work load
Sysco
Network/Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2014
Great Company to work for management is very supportive and invests in employees progress
Worst Job Interview Ever
A/R (Former Employee) –  Cypress, Houston TXMarch 18, 2014
Worst interviewer ever! She wasn't prepared and looked so haggard and couldn't even read right from the cheat sheet questions in hand. Did not listen or care about of all the things that I said. Stared by the glass wall window the entire interview. Very unprofessional. Good thing I did not get the job because I would not care to waste my time working for someone like that. What a reflection to the whole company itself. I will not dare to apply for this company again.
Cons
how would your cheat sheet questions help you find the person fit for the job?
The worst experience ever
Checker (Former Employee) –  Plant cityFebruary 27, 2014
I was checking these labels and that was my worst experience ever I stayed with them for year and half they are horrible.
Cons
everything
Productive and fun loving place
Accountant II - Fixed Assets (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Great morale from top to bottom
upper management provides training on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
open door policy for all levels of management
Job responsibilities were fine except corporate made stupid decisions.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sysco Hampton Roads, Suffolk, VANovember 30, 2013
Sysco used to be a great company to work for. However, once Mr. Baugh passed away, new head leaders changed everything starting with the logo. I truly enjoyed my job in logistics. But management would not listen when you would ask for help. The work would keep piling up, people would quit or move to another department and they wouldn't hire anyone, they would disperse the work load. They thought this would save money but it would only cost them in the long run because you could never give your responsibilities the attention they needed. They gave some of us a raise and I was thankful for this but then they turned around and said they would have to deduct a % of our pay which meant I ended up making less then when I received the raise. Then bonuses were taken away. After losing several, several very good employee's, they implemented the bonuses again but made them so unreachable that you would never qualify for them. Corporate was changing everything, making everyone feel like a number instead of a person. They tried to implement a new program, spent MILLIONS on it, went over Budget by MILLIONS, and finally realized it wouldn't work. Had they listened to the people who actually did the work, they could have saved soooo much money. Instead, they paid yet another analyst to tell them it wouldn't work. I have very good work ethics, I have always been a dedicated and loyal employee, after all I was there for 22 years. But it was just too much to take, going in day after day knowing you couldn't complete your job the way it should be. I don't like feeling like a failure especially  more... when the company was the actual failure. So, I put in my notice, I had to move on to better things and yes, there is life after Sysco. And no, it sounds like I was a disgruntled employee who was fired, but I wasn't either. As I said, I enjoyed my job itself, just not the lack of support to complete it.  less
benefits
Cons
overworked, underpaid, no support from management or corporate
Productive and family oriented company
Deployment Team -Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 20, 2013
Support project leaders to create, update and maintain process documentation in Microsoft Project in compliance with Sysco’s documentation standards. Analyze data from multiple sources to reach concrete conclusions around Sysco business processes. Prepare high-level presentations of selected information within SharePoint for DMO project leaders to use for communication.
Pros
highs
Cons
lows
Daily Duties and Role I play at my current company
A/P Associate (Current Employee) –  24500 Hwy 290, Cypress, TX 77429June 27, 2013
•Process invoice discrepancy claims submitted from the Operating Companies and billing/deducting from supplier
•Manage a queue with various types of claims to ensure issues are being researched and validated
•Assist the supervisors with the Trial Balance Report
•Learned the Cash Application department process & getting hands on experience in SAP
•Currently the Co-Chair of the Wellness Committee
Order taking
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2013
This job was not all challenging, it was more like go to customer and take the order. The customers had no loyalty they bought just on price points. The managers did not do a good job training, they were always putting out fires with customers. Most of the co-workers were not happy. The hardest part was to stay focus and get motivated for the job, you did the same thing every week. I enjoyed meeting the customers and buliding realtionships.
Pros
customer realtionships
Cons
not challenging
Productive fast paced enviroment
Orderpuller (Former Employee) –  houston txJune 11, 2012
At sysco it was a face paced job that required alot of physcial labor but they paid you for every single second of it and good at that! My shifts were from 10 to 12 hours and required alot of picking, stooping, and bending.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
need alot to become fulltime