Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Enviorment
Selector (Former Employee), Medley, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: growth
The work environment was okay, I left the company to find better job opportunity and growth. Growth with a company where i feel like i can learn and put my experience to work is very important to me.
No balance
driver (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: everything
only one day off on call the other nothing but lies from management , dispatch does not have a clue,your expendable they will do what ever they can to push you out of the door
great place to work overall
Order Selector (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free soda
Cons: 530 shift to 2am
hard work. how to order pick .my boss was cool.co workers worked hard. learning how to 7 tie stack . the work out u get u wont need a gym or a pair of weights
Just an experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAMarch 7, 2015
Working by yourself Sometimes Good Sometimes Not Because of The Weather Roads Are Nasty or Cool Delivering Cases Long Time Driving Heavy Or light Cases
Great Career
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), TennesseeMarch 6, 2015
Pros: stable-they are debt free and growing
Cons: upcoming buyout of us foods might be a hard transition
Lots of changes all the time. Seem to pay men more, even those less experienced and lacking a degree. Customers are wonderful and we have a ton of tools to help them grow their business. I do wish management (lower) had more of a coaching, encouraging mentality instead of threatening undertones.
Productive Work Enviroment
Order Selector (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay.
Cons: long hours, and work and life balance is unbalanced.
Excellent company to work for. However, work hours are long and yes you will work holidays. Management is easy to work with and salary and benefits are pretty good compared to industry standards.
buyer's assistant
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
worked for dairy, produce and meat buyers for Sysco in san diego. managed shipment and tracked deliveries as alternate transportation manager. assisted buyers in meetings with local producers and worked with diary to lock in pricing on products.
Friendly and fast paced environment
Forklift Load/Unloader (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Its a fast paced job, drama free, professional environment.
Fun place to work, simple typical day at work.
Co workers and great and so are the supervisors.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great staff
Cons: healthcare, short breatks
I enjoyed my time at Sysco. I had to move out of state or else I would still be working there. I really like the people and the over all staff.
Poorly run company by people in positions with no experience in their departments
delivery driver (Current Employee), Sysco Eastern MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good money, home every night
Cons: poor management with no clue how to do their job, let alone yours
This used to be the best company around. If you worked hard and did whatever was asked of you, you were well respected and compensated. Since the loss of the Lankford name, the company placed people in positions which they have no experience. The operations department is run by an individual with no warehouse or transportation experience. Transportation manager has never driven a delivery truck. Safety manager can't even spell CDL. Good luck finding anyone here that would recommend this place to anyone they like. If you're looking for a job that doesn't care about you or your family and only about the bosses bonuses, this is the place for you!
Productive place to work
Warehouse Operations/Order selector (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice work place
Cons: long hours
Cool place to work management and coworker. 12 hour shifts and loading and unloading trucks. Nice place to work very productive.
Fast paced constantly changing environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 18, 2015
Fast paced constantly changing environment that provides a challenging growth vehicle for a career. Days can vary but usually require quick adjustments to rapid changes.
Good money but horrible enviroment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZFebruary 16, 2015
If you work hard they will work you harder. Always give you more work after finishing route. Makes you work your days off. Dangles bonuses to get performance then takes it away and make half of what your used to,
Sysco is strong business model in the food service industry and I am gratful I was given the opportunity to work for them.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedule.
Cons: traveling 33, 000 miles/yr. using my own car. reimbusrsement was poor.
I started my day early in the early morning and worked until 6pm mostly every day. My laptop was in constant use. I called on customers and did cold calling. The management and my co-workers built a strong team that helped me succeed. The hardest part of the job was driving in bad weather conditions. I most enjoyed the people I met and learned that if you don't like everyone - you can't sell anyone.
Large Corporation with alot of potential in growth opportuunity
Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: helathcare, 401 k plan, dental and vision plans, growth opportunities, complimentary online training.
Usually an 8 hour day with more down time then I asked for which was the most difficult part of my job. I was involved in mergers/and acquisitions which didn't always stay within their time frame.
Learned a lot about the federal aspects of the payroll systems for various states.
The co-workers within my department were always very helpful and were team players. I enjoyed working for Sysco and did look forward to our team building meetings so to motivate the staff..
its a lot of work
Accounts Payable Disputes Resolution Admin (Current Employee), Cypress, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no breaks only one hour lunch
Sysco is a strong company but the pay does not compensate the work load. Please if you decide to work there please be prepared to work hard and receive small pay
worst job ever
Selector (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2015
they lie to you about your hours. you work 10- 12 hours daily . understaffed. fire you after 3 months if you cant pick 200 cases a hour. expect you to run literally run and complete orders where your picking up 40-80 pound cases. unless your homeless or a immigrant with no school or doesn't speak English , I wouldn't recommend working here unless you just had no choice. you will only see your family once a week. manager has horrible people skills and they force you to stay past your shift. you get no sick time or benefits during those first three months and only allowed four days where you can call in. I wouldn't work here for 30 a hour let alone the 16 they pay you.
excellent work environment
driver (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, home time, and teamwork atmosphere!
Cons: tough hours extremely physical
Very good team atmosphere in Harrisburg terminal. If you want to work hard and are motivated everyday you will have an excellent career at this company excellent pay and benefits lots of good drivers!!
food delivery
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Harmony, PAFebruary 3, 2015
was not there long enough due to being laied off from loss of accounts
management team was easy to work with
learned how to safley un load food products
great company to work for family type environment
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: no room for growth
process orders
learned a lot about the food industry
management is great
co-worker are awesome
hardest part of the day is download time
enjoyable part of the day is right after lunch

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more

Sysco Corporation Salaries