Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

Not all SYSCO's are bad BUT Arizona SYSCO is the worst by far:
EX---Delivery driver for 18 years (Former Employee), ArizonaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Something I enjoyed for many years. Until...... I had a few bad a-pples
Cons: They don't take care of employees that have taken care of them for years.
If they had a 0 star. Then that is what this SYSCO house should get. I have worked at 3 different SYSCO houses and this SYSCO house is the WORST . SYSCO still has the highest quaility of food and I really did believe in this company for years. But when I moved to Arizona and started to work for this SYSCO house I was shocked to see the WORST MANAGEMENT by far. The management in the transportation department will be little you, call you names, question your judgement , spy on you and just have no respect for the hard and long hours you put in. I was injured years back on the job and after being judged and accused of lying I decided to get a lawyer. They left me Bankrupt, I lost my home, I lost my ability to have a normal life due to the fact it took almost a year to receive the care I needed. I still have prof of the harassment from management, still have prof of fellow employees harassing me by text and photos. I have video tapes of be accuses of lying and them trying to make me sign a document that I felt was untrue. Just to Cover their apples. (FYI ) SYSCO. I covered my apples too. And I would be happy to sit down with corporate and share this with them.
The SYSCO CORPORATION should evaluate this SYSCO HOUSE and the Transportation Management. Go undercover as a driver, and sales associate. I guarantee you will see what kind of APPLES you have representing SYSCO. I always believed in a company that would back the people who help grow this company, but it only takes a few Bad Apples to spoil the case. And this SYSCO house has a lot of Bad Apples. I have moved on with life. But be careful not to work at this SYSCO house, unless you like the way they come across. Good luck.. Good Riddance !!
Production
Outbound Selector (Former Employee), St. Charles Mo1June 17, 2015
Horrible employee Moral.
Standards of production ridiculously high.
Money was great.
Management could've been better.
Point system makes no sense.
Union Job but until you are considered a senior person the union cant support you they just take your money.
Not a good place to work
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Unlimited Overtime
Cons: Very unorganized company
Management makes you feel unappreciated as an employee, as if you are not an asset to the company. Company was very unorganized, lacked strong management personal, and was not a team player environment.
Very productive and a fast paced environment.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2015
Handled multiple accounts on a daily basis. Made sure each account got the right products so their establishment would run as smoothly as possible. The hardest part of the job would have been trying to push new and upcoming products onto an account that liked and used certain products for a long period of time and trying to persuade them to switch to something new or different. Most enjoyable part was trying to gain new accounts and seeing new faces every day. Basically the challenge of trying to gain new accounts or taking accounts from your competitors.
Productive, Enriching Environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
I worked with a terrific group of people who were highly knowledgeable and well-organized. The environment was very friendly.
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Very interesting place to work
Pay was great
Good co workers
Customer service
loading not so great
good benefits
lakjglkjearitapogjakmglkamrlgkmalegma;lejmrt;paojtpg;oapgkma;lgmv;almdg;lmar;lgjma;gmjt;apog;lam;rlgvma;4ypaojertpgoajeprogja'rgj'ajrtpoajpogjapojtgpaojrptojap4otjpaojgtpoajepogapogjpoajgpoajopg
I learned alot and enjoyed myself working as a team and by myself
warehouse (Former Employee), denver, coJune 11, 2015
Order selecting, forklift and loading trucks where ever they needed me at. I learned how to use equipment, how the food or product was imported and exported. The management made sure everything ran good which it did most of the time. Most of my co-workers were good workers we had the same objective which was to get it done right and safe. When we had busy days it was harder than a normal day but we still get it done and being injury free at the same time. What I like about the job was when they had events mainly on holidays for you to bring your family
High expectations and Quality Management
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 10, 2015
Although I was hired on a temporary basis, I learned various office procedures and was trained in programs that will help me in the future in the work world. The hardest part of the job was getting a hold of supervisors due to the high volume of work/responsibilities they had which sometimes made completely tasks take longer than expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning office tactics (filing, new technology, tools to increase efficiency) in an open and helpful environment.
Fun and challenging task-based production work
Overnight Order Selector (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: The money(at first) and the challenging nature
Cons: A vast majority of the people and the blatantly apparent corporate greed
A typical day at work would consist of clocking in at 7 p.m. then doing intense physical labor for anywhere between 8-13 hours in heat, cold and freezing conditions.
From Sysco I learned to think outside of the box, and to solve difficult problems in an extremely timely manner. (We were paid based on our speed and accuracy of performance.)
Our managers were cool people, but the people above them were not. I attribute this to corporate greed, so maybe this was just a "trickle-down" effect.
Besides a select few, my co-workers were a very large group of uneducated(academically and with life in general), racist, egotistical, uncaring and hateful people. I can not stress enough the displeasure one feels around those people.
The hardest part of the job was several things. Almost no/horrible home life, never feeling rested, driving an hour to work, body always in extreme pain and not getting paid adequately for the caliber of work i was providing them. It also didn't help that they were constantly making us work harder and harder, while paying us less and less, with never giving us any real appreciation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the fast pace and challenging nature of the position. Very competitive.
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norman, OKJune 9, 2015
Pros: Was a quiet place to work, and I got along well with the other members in my department.
Cons: Was a temporary job, and did not last.
I was responsible for receiving orders via telephone and internet.
I would process each order in our database system. I would maintain Purchase orders.
I was responsible for certain large business accounts and their specific ordering needs.
Rough Work Environment
Professional (Former Employee), Harmony, PAJune 7, 2015
The management is not supportive and very discriminatory about minorities moving up in the company. Managers only care about how good they look not what a vital asset their employees are or how they are the ones that make them look that way. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the fact it is a service industry and nothing you do is ever good enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal support you get from coworkers. This atmosphere is not good for someone who is looking for long term employment.
good pay and benefits, paid weekly
Order Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Cleveland, OH 47 57 Grayton rdJune 7, 2015
Great co- workers. Learned how to organize work as a team and the importance of teamwork. Typically I would use electronic pallet jack to select food orders, on weekends assist drivers with food delivery. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers and pay. The hardest part was the very hectic and demanding pace. Management was good , but they seemed to always change personnel.
Instability with no direction from leadership
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 2, 2015
There has been a mass turnover the last few years. They have gone through to VP's of operations, 2 directors of transportation, and multiple operstions supervisors.
Fun place to work.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Nice party dinners.
Cons: days off
Everyday you come to work. Its a challenge whether u want to make extra money or just go by standard. The managers are supportive and the co-workers are supportive as a team we are one. The jobs not hard its a fun enviroment.
work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2015
one of the great places to work. very involved with family. management team worked will with everyone. a joy to work here
Inventory Control
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Geneva, ALMay 28, 2015
Pros: Several lunches monthly for free
Cons: Low pay for the amount of stress that we receive throughout the day
Learned a lot about there computer systems. I have recently been certified as a forklift driver and have became very skilled in the operation of one.
Good company Ok pay
SMS Costing Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Culture, Food, Growth potential
Cons: Compensation, Insurance
New to the company. Great potential for movement within the company. Pay is average. Work life balance is cool. Insurance coverage is rather expensive
On your toes company
Pre Legal Credit Analyst (Current Employee), College Park, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Continue education, good support with HR/Corporation
Cons: Reprissive with hierachy, constant checks and balances that seem elementary after the inital training of your job
To work at SYSCO you must be a flexible, hard working and attentive person. The variety of the many functions you will be required to master during your tenure teaches you to adapt to change is good, and always occurs
Fun place to work
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasant Grove, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no long term advancement
Extremely fast paced work environment. Good Company to work for but they don't turn temporary employees into permanent ones.
order picking
Order Picker (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: 4 days off
Cons: 12 hour days
used scissor jack to pick orders assembling and preparing the order to be shipped to stores. Long days very tired at the end of the day

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more

Sysco Corporation Salaries