Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

Ok place to work
Sales & Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cenral Valley, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my co-workers and management is friendly and supportive if you show promise.
Cons: burn and turn company. they hire many canidates at once, then hope one or two make it. very difficult to make commission.
Ok company to work for but very little room for advancement. Very few want to move into a management role. That said, Management team is supportive if you show promise. You can skate by fairly easily or make some good money with hard work and a lot of luck.
What accounts you inherit determines your success.
Lots of turnover, which is too bad as customers become frustrated and look for other companies.
long hard hours
order selector (Former Employee), olathe KansasJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
This was the hardest job I've ever worked. If you work here you will have no life if you're not at work you'll wanna sleep because you will work just that hard . don't get me wrong the pay is good but you will work for it, this company is all about numbers you will have to hit a 100% production everyday if not you're out the door the turnover ratio is very high that's why they're always hiring because people just don't last so do enter at your on risk.
Very professional atmosphere
Asian Specialist (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: very challenging, but can be rewarding.
Cons: micro managing
I enjoyed my 3 years as an "Asian Specialist" at Sysco. My regret is that the Asian Restaurant sector wasn't a good fit for Sysco. Great place to work and great poeple to work with.
Its a hard place to work and could use improvements
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), St Charles, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Overnight assembling and selecting large shipping orders to be loaded and shipped.

8-10 hours a day
production based
co-workers are supportive and genuine

keeping up with production was the hardest part of the job
payday was the best part of the job
Great 1st Job
Finance (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Great work culture and management.
Great opportunity to move around the company.
Company is stable but pay is low.
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Excellent work environment and good employers to work nice staff.
Good company, Good money, Hard work
DRIVER (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FlJanuary 2, 2015
In a typical day you start at 4:30am. You get to the yard, clock in, and find your truck. You have 25mins to do your pre trip inspection, get your hand trucks and anything else you need. You can have anywhere from 10-20 stops and 400-1200 cases. Depending on your truck load you can finish the day anywhere from 12:00-5:00. Some days you get off early and the next could be late. The people I work with are are all nice. They have occasional cookouts and give you a turkey for thanksgiving and a ham for christmas
worst managers and supervisors ever{they need to take a class}
CDL A Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lazy management, new rules
Hard work, which is not a bad thing, its something I actually enjoyed, but when the new transportation manager came in also corporate set a bunch of new rules. People started dropping like flies either getting fired or quit....when that happened we were under 50% staffed, for 3 months I was working 6 days every other week for 12-14 hours a day! Their seems to be a little favoritism to certain individuals not having to work weekends, when I brought it up to the new transportation manager she said call her on Monday, so I did left a message, then again on Tuesday then Wednesday......you get the picture.....This was our Transportation Manager! for a month she never called me back......well on my last day I made sure to call her and of course she didn't answer left her a long message on how terrible morale was and how the last 4 drivers they had were all looking elsewhere{well 3 there fav wasn't}....she finally called back and she totally was shocked and actually said she wished I had brought my grievances to her earlier? This is how disillusioned they are at Sysco Jacksonville{don't know about the others}pay was good only reason I didn't give them higher marks on pay is because its lumped with benefits and health ins is outrageous I grossed 74,000 last year and just health ins for a family was 20,000, remember just health not dental 401k or any taxes, an co pay was 20.00 and 1500 deductible per person.........maybe that's everywhere but its a big chunk....though I would've dealt with all that, if they just would've answered the phone and just pretended to care....they didn't even do that....
Overworked, Unrealistic requirements.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: good paycheck
Cons: overworked, horrible management, no life.
The company pushes drivers to their physical limits. Physically wears the body down. Routinely gives drivers unrealistic times to finish work. Only drivers that already know the routes can come close to realistic times. Still when the warehouse packs the load the wrong way you are looking at a long day, regardless if you already know the routes... Many better jobs out there. This year they have to give out hiring bonuses to new hires. Because of the reputation.

Hope those new hires take the money and walk away from this nightmare. Even a lot of regular drivers think about and have quit.

Management does not care about drivers. The driver union can ask for whatever contract they want. Sysco just brings in new drivers and lets them go before they can reach union wages. Or pushes the drivers limits to see how much the driver can produce or the driver quits.
a great experience!
ChefEx Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 24, 2014
Pros: alot of company outings
Cons: health benefits werent that good
Overall it was an ok place to work but the constant change of management made things hard at times.
Hard work
Lift driver/Selector (Former Employee), Selma, NCDecember 21, 2014
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: trouble makers
Driving a forklift loading and unloading trucks. taking wood off of a dryer line putting it in the warehouse to be shipped out. Breaking people out for lunch. pulling wood off the table into a cart. Feeding a big dryer pushing wood threw a machine.
progressive no frills distribution co
CAB Program Specialist/C-O-P Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: health club
Cons: effieciencies often not customers favor
Sales team was great and supportive. Built new product lines to $3.8M annual sales. built great customer relationships
Productive Workplace With Professional Employees
TX-Business Technology Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
A good company to work for. Offer every other Friday or Monday off for full-time employees.
great company and great benefits
Order Selector (Former Employee), lenexa,ksDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
great benefit package as well as yearly raises and many company activities for family and friends
it ok
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), Concord, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not for a older gentelman
descent place to work, great for a young man on the rise in the workfeild.the hardest part of the job is unloading the truck
HORRIBLE!!!!!!
delivery driver (Former Employee), grandrapidsDecember 5, 2014
Cons: long hours, horrible management, horrible on the body, no family life
I worked in grandrapids and was sent to Indiana every day! Worked 14 to 16 hrs a day started at 2 am went to Indiana from gr Mich then back it was the worst job I ever worked in my life!!!!! I was informed I would work every weekend days off were sun Tues no family life at all they bought us foods there were union protests every day bad environment maybe for me it was bad timing but I hated it! Gfs is much better
Productive once you recieve a route
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and luck
Cons: long days, working through all types of weather
At the beginning this were very unorganized. if someone didn't come in or was late they would give you route an hour or two late with no help, direction nor guidance.

with this job I've learned how to be more patient and try to make the best of the worst days.

some of the co-workers there were the best that I've had, we helped each other get through tough obstacle's.

the hardest part of the job is knowing where to park and getting the food off the truck.

the most enjoyable part was talking and relating to the customers
Productive Invironnment but to quiet
Finace Imaging Associate (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, good management.
Cons: spys. people watching your back and reporting on you.
A typical day at work consist of Scanning AP and AR paperwork to ensure bills are payed. Drafting financial or Project based spreadsheets. Assisting Director of Credit and daily task/projects.

I've learned how to better manage time, work under heavy pressure and workloads. Take orders from someone of higher power, and learn and array of new systems. Such as AS400, SAP, Deeper Excel Functions, Verbal and written communications.

Management was excellent but a bit Selective. Had favorites that received more attention and less discipline.

The hardest part of the job was finding additional work once i completed my task.

The best part of the job i would definitely have to say is the warehouse employees. having the opportunity to meet them and work with them made it all worth it.
very bad moral with bad HR department
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2014
HR department is very unorganized. They only side with Executives and ingnore plees from employee. Payroll was set up wrong with several employees that I know of, including me.
Work on own. Little assistance from management.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: pay your own gas
Great benefits
Need self discipline
Performance strictly based on numbers not efforts

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more