Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive once you recieve a route
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and luck
Cons: long days, working through all types of weather
At the beginning this were very unorganized. if someone didn't come in or was late they would give you route an hour or two late with no help, direction nor guidance.

with this job I've learned how to be more patient and try to make the best of the worst days.

some of the co-workers there were the best that I've had, we helped each other get through tough obstacle's.

the hardest part of the job is knowing where to park and getting the food off the truck.

the most enjoyable part was talking and relating to the customers
Productive Invironnment but to quiet
Finace Imaging Associate (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch, good management.
Cons: spys. people watching your back and reporting on you.
A typical day at work consist of Scanning AP and AR paperwork to ensure bills are payed. Drafting financial or Project based spreadsheets. Assisting Director of Credit and daily task/projects.

I've learned how to better manage time, work under heavy pressure and workloads. Take orders from someone of higher power, and learn and array of new systems. Such as AS400, SAP, Deeper Excel Functions, Verbal and written communications.

Management was excellent but a bit Selective. Had favorites that received more attention and less discipline.

The hardest part of the job was finding additional work once i completed my task.

The best part of the job i would definitely have to say is the warehouse employees. having the opportunity to meet them and work with them made it all worth it.
very bad moral with bad HR department
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2014
HR department is very unorganized. They only side with Executives and ingnore plees from employee. Payroll was set up wrong with several employees that I know of, including me.
Work on own. Little assistance from management.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: pay your own gas
Great benefits
Need self discipline
Performance strictly based on numbers not efforts
Crazy work load!
Accountant III (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great office
Cons: high volume of work than you can handle
If you want no life balance, no family time, ad no more hair on your head, then go work for Sysco!
Typical day at work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pocomoke City, MDDecember 2, 2014
If your a person who doesnt mind starting your day early then this company is who you wanna work for. They have excellent pay and great benefits.Co-workers and management are very courteous.
If you want to make alot of money and have no life.
Outbound order selector (Current Employee), Modesto, caNovember 29, 2014
Pros: incentive pay, competitive salary, benefits, free food
Cons: long hours, scheduling shift, managers barely train there employees
This place is great to make alot of money, but it does come at a price, you'll be working a lot of hours, and definitely a physically demanding job, it's something to definitely be prepared for, if your willing to sacrifice your time to spend with family and etc then be my guest, might as well live at work. Also managers don't really train there employees correctly too, they leave out a lot of stuff your supposed to be prepared for in the future, they just train you only 1 to 2 days and your basically on your own from there on out.
Productive/friendly environment workplace
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: being able to work without supervison
Cons: alot of downtime.
Have enjoyed working for a major corpartate company. Have learned alot and have managed to work well alone and handle all accounting procedures and kept up deadlines.
DO NOT APPLY HERE WARNING
Helper (Former Employee), Olathe , KSNovember 26, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: never home, no guarantee your gona have a job
They don't care about your personal life. They let me go a 89 days with no reason what so ever. They say they don't lay people off, maybe thats true but they sure do terminate them before their 90 days. Management plays favorites and lets people get away with things. They are the worst company I have ever worked for.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 25, 2014
Cutomer oriented company,that stays current with the times and technology. There has been a lot of transistion and changes for the better!
Productive, fun, ever-changing place to work.
Sr Dir, Transportation Operations & Optimization (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: connected departments, working towards cross functional teamwork
Cons: upward mobility, career path defined
The day is filled with Challenges, cross functional solutions, employee engagement was high, and I surrounded myself with excellent team members. Mentoring through influence vs telling, working with Executive and middle management to achieve goals. The difficult part, found in any change leadership was navigating the change management while keeping focused on the daily execution needs for our customers. We exceeded our goals and celebrated the wins. The people, suppliers, and team members were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive atmosphere
Day Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
Very professional company. Customer oriented. Good company benefits. potential employee growth within company,
Fast-paced with lots of growth opportunities
Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Excellent company, culture and opportunities. I'm having a great time working with true business professionals. Love working for the company. Family struggling with moving from Dallas, TX.
Great company for motivated individuals
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2014
Fast paced job that allows for income growth for those dedicated. Work/life balance is difficult to manage.
Nonstop work
Selector/Loader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2014
Working at Sysco I quickly realize the fast pace work environment that I am apart is something that I am more than capable of doing. At first the hardest part of I couldn't get use to was running 100% on orders that I was given. But I manage to surpass that struggle and was able to run 100% on most of the orders throughout the night.
Horrible hours. training and benefits.
Material Handling Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 4, 2014
Horrible place to work.
Horrible trainers.
Horrible hours.
Constantly forced overtime.
Co-Workers are great....too much upper management turn-over.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: maintaining business / competition
A typical day was getting into your territory before 8am. Cold calling at least 20 places that offered some sort of food service a day and assisting current customers in their weekly orders. Making sure you are as accurate as possible and try to gain larger orders by noticing products that you were not currently selling to the customer.
Awesome place
District Manager of Sales Team (Current Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 28, 2014
Great culture.
There are manmy perks and the days go fast. lqdkhloishdkldshlakjsnd,qmwndb,qwmdn,aqsmdn,laskndmlaskdjaldskax,
Relaxed Culture
Talent Acquisition Partner, II (Current Employee), Cypress, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: people, culture
Cons: management
Very relaxed culture - jeans, sandals, large cube setting, great teamof people.
Talent Acquisition Leadership very unorganized, lacks employee relations, leadership and motivation skills.
No work to life balance, work all hours, heavy workloads, understaffed, not recognized for work performed, skills, or achievements.
Great team of people to work with and relaxed environment
Productive and fun place to work
Transfer Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Corporate HoustonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee, long breaks
Cons: healthcare and dental
Lots of learning and opportunities within the company. Great company to learn and grow within.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more