Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

productive good company to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: good company to work for
As a delivery driver your responsible for delivering pruduct to customers on safely timely manner following dot safety guidelines
Stable company with growth opportunity
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
......................................................................................................
location
route driver (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: warehoused
Solid place to work. Trailers would be cude out on a 28ft trailer. very long days. management didnt care too much about drivers unless you were their pet.
Desktop Support Professional
Desktop Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed the challenges at SYSCO Corp helping customers. I have tremendous patience, customer service excellence, and 10+ years’ experience working along with customers and end-users educating and sharing my knowledge base information to eliminate panic dealing with their PC’s, software, and application woes.

I recommend all IT Professionals, like myself, working for this world class Company. SYSCO Is the best company to work for.
Fast-paced and Long Hours
Warehouse Selector Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
A productive and safe environment. But needs better management. The new union is okay but not understanding to everyone needs and issues.
sysco
Sanitation (Current Employee), Harahan, LAJune 28, 2015
I clean the freezer, and then the cold dock. I work well with my coworkers and supervisors. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the cold temperature and the most enjoyable part of my job is the pride of working my job.
Easy and too simple
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 27, 2015
 Pulled product according to sales orders
 Loaded product into commercial vehicles (trailers)
 Operated forklift for rotation and replenishment of product
 Delivered product to vendors
- Need a better evaluation
Gym
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Health care
The ability to work and given the opportunity to make decision without supervision. Great place to work but with the opportunity to cross train, but no much advancement opportunity.
Fast paced work environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: some time free lunch and pot lucks
Cons: short breaks and had to work on breaks to make time in the warehouse.
A typical day at Sysco is long at least 10 hrs usually 12 or more. Its a fast paced race track where everyone is racing for their life or should I say job. A lot of lifting, bending, stooping, and reaching. The co workers were friendly but not much time to know them because everyone is always on the move. Hardest part was trying to make your time in the warehouse the pay was the best thing about the job.
Stay away from this Company
Hostler (Former Employee), San AnronioJune 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: schedule change always..
Sysco -Sygma

Bad employee skills, bad and old yard trucks to drive. No management skills, a lot a favoritism. Co-workers treat bad, stress, no help
Great place to work once you get going in a territory.
Marketing & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2015
Great place to work with a lot of flexibility in your schedule. Manage yourself at your own pace and get your work done. Anyone with a food and beverage background looking for a more steady lifestyle and family life, this is a great company to work for.
seletor
selector (Former Employee), MDJune 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches for doing a good job
Cons: breaks was to short
i was to select correct cases and stack on pallets, i learned that by doing job correctly customer would be happy with the company, all mangers was fun to be around, pulling cases fast without mistakes i loved the banquate
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
Warehouse DC Clerk (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJune 22, 2015
GOOD FAST PACED COMPANY TO WORK FOR WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYONE, GOOD TEAM PLAYERS,GOOD MGRS, UPGRATED LUNCH ROOM, SECURITY FACILITY.
Not all SYSCO's are bad BUT Arizona SYSCO is the worst by far:
EX---Delivery driver for 18 years (Former Employee), ArizonaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Something I enjoyed for many years. Until...... I had a few bad a-pples
Cons: They don't take care of employees that have taken care of them for years.
If they had a 0 star. Then that is what this SYSCO house should get. I have worked at 3 different SYSCO houses and this SYSCO house is the WORST . SYSCO still has the highest quaility of food and I really did believe in this company for years. But when I moved to Arizona and started to work for this SYSCO house I was shocked to see the WORST MANAGEMENT by far. The management in the transportation department will be little you, call you names, question your judgement , spy on you and just have no respect for the hard and long hours you put in. I was injured years back on the job and after being judged and accused of lying I decided to get a lawyer. They left me Bankrupt, I lost my home, I lost my ability to have a normal life due to the fact it took almost a year to receive the care I needed. I still have prof of the harassment from management, still have prof of fellow employees harassing me by text and photos. I have video tapes of be accuses of lying and them trying to make me sign a document that I felt was untrue. Just to Cover their apples. (FYI ) SYSCO. I covered my apples too. And I would be happy to sit down with corporate and share this with them.
The SYSCO CORPORATION should evaluate this SYSCO HOUSE and the Transportation Management. Go undercover as a driver, and sales associate. I guarantee you will see what kind of APPLES you have representing SYSCO. I always believed in a company that would back the people who help grow this company, but it only takes a few Bad Apples to spoil the case. And this SYSCO house has a lot of Bad Apples. I have moved on with life. But be careful not to work at this SYSCO house, unless you like the way they come across. Good luck.. Good Riddance !!
Production
Outbound Selector (Former Employee), St. Charles Mo1June 17, 2015
Horrible employee Moral.
Standards of production ridiculously high.
Money was great.
Management could've been better.
Point system makes no sense.
Union Job but until you are considered a senior person the union cant support you they just take your money.
Not a good place to work
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Unlimited Overtime
Cons: Very unorganized company
Management makes you feel unappreciated as an employee, as if you are not an asset to the company. Company was very unorganized, lacked strong management personal, and was not a team player environment.
Very productive and a fast paced environment.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2015
Handled multiple accounts on a daily basis. Made sure each account got the right products so their establishment would run as smoothly as possible. The hardest part of the job would have been trying to push new and upcoming products onto an account that liked and used certain products for a long period of time and trying to persuade them to switch to something new or different. Most enjoyable part was trying to gain new accounts and seeing new faces every day. Basically the challenge of trying to gain new accounts or taking accounts from your competitors.
Productive, Enriching Environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
I worked with a terrific group of people who were highly knowledgeable and well-organized. The environment was very friendly.
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Very interesting place to work
Pay was great
Good co workers
Customer service
loading not so great
good benefits
lakjglkjearitapogjakmglkamrlgkmalegma;lejmrt;paojtpg;oapgkma;lgmv;almdg;lmar;lgjma;gmjt;apog;lam;rlgvma;4ypaojertpgoajeprogja'rgj'ajrtpoajpogjapojtgpaojrptojap4otjpaojgtpoajepogapogjpoajgpoajopg
I learned alot and enjoyed myself working as a team and by myself
warehouse (Former Employee), denver, coJune 11, 2015
Order selecting, forklift and loading trucks where ever they needed me at. I learned how to use equipment, how the food or product was imported and exported. The management made sure everything ran good which it did most of the time. Most of my co-workers were good workers we had the same objective which was to get it done right and safe. When we had busy days it was harder than a normal day but we still get it done and being injury free at the same time. What I like about the job was when they had events mainly on holidays for you to bring your family
Industry