Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Place
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Palmetto, FLApril 21, 2014
Great company that's the biggest and best at what they do! Lots of products and services that help make your job easier prospecting for new business.
Awesome place to work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid vacations, great salery
Cons: there really isn't any
This is an awesome place to work with great benefits and healthcare.
Compensation is what you make it. In other words if you want to make a lot of money you can simply by applying yourself to the job.
Very fast paced and very demanding
Warehouse Worker/ Packer (Former Employee), Gloversville NYApril 16, 2014
Pros: 401k stock plan
Cons: 10 min breaks favoritism only 6 paid holidays
Started as a good place to work. Became so demanding on workers because there were not enough people. Cant keep people because they expect way more than most people can do.
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: good pay and lots of overtime
Cons: too much work and no personal time for self
Great company to work for. Great benefits and great pay. You must work fast and be accurate. The work is hard but pays off if you can handle it.
ok company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Not family oriented at all..long hours and lots of yelling from management
Management moves around
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Canton, MIApril 8, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: no stability
Day to day isn't all that bad, cold calling on customers, taking orders from current customers and dealing with any issues that may arise.

The management team moves around a lot, I had three different supervisors in six months and felt that I was left by the wayside.
Friendly and fast-pace environment that requires outgoing associates and attention to detail.
Master Data Specialist- SAP Vendor SME-Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
From the time I sit at my desk at 7:oo am I am non-stop on the go until the end of business. Often before I realize it, I am working well over my 8 hours. I have learned that 8 hours in a work day is simply not enough! The management styles practiced here let each associate handle their day to day tasks with little to no input. Management is trusting – more... and has confidence in the associates they have placed in each role. On the other hand, if there is an area of opportunity for an associate, management provides the proper tools for the associate to be successful. Each team member brings different talents and strengths; together we all work very well and are always willing to assist with any task or project given. Honestly, the only difficult part of the job is not having the opportunity for advancement. I would like to work for a company that has opportunities for hard working associates work towards a promotable opportunity. – less
Great place to work, but fast paced environment
Freight Handler/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Belleville, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of overtime
Cons: constant climate changes
The work place was fast moving and never dull. Unfortunately they later asked me to work hours that conflicted with my school schedule. Promotions are frequent if you show skills necessary in higher management positions. Friendly and generally decent people. Some of the more difficult parts of this job were things such as the heavy lifting and climate – more... changes as you may end up working in the freezer one moment and dry dock the next. – less
Great team members with friendly attitude!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 24, 2014
Sysco is a fun place to work with people from every background and walk of life. We all share the common goal of satisfying our customers with the best of service.
Productive and hard worker
Order puller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2014
I enjoy working. like to get to work to time to make sure my day goes good. Im a hard worker, learn fast, and get along with people very easily, and the most enjoyable part about my job is getting get done.
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: no cons
I learned a lot about chain supply loading process from beginning to end. Logistics every thing from preparing a load, stops/locations ....
Get place to grow
Manager, Inventor Control (Former Employee), Poway, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: not a little person in a big company
Cons: centralized all of there operations
I planed on staying at Sysco until I retired. For a big company there was room for advancement. Family atmosphere.
Great company great pay
Night warehouse selector (Former Employee), Medley, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: always at work
Can find your self at work more than home other than that they're the best!!!!L!
Ok place to work
N/A (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: large corporation
Cons: to many to name
Not a good place to work, sr leadership is inconsistent and cannot be trusted, the company as a whole is the most unprofessional environment in all aspect from the way the employees dress to the décor. HR is unreliable, unprofessional and unpredictable, other than a paycheck there is no appreciation for hard work, dedication and loyalty
Would not reccomend this company
not going to say (Former Employee), Denver, CO.March 5, 2014
Pros: yummy food from amazing chefs!
Cons: human resources interaction is like being treated as if you are a terrorist or a maggot
No training at all. Management is never in the office to assist in making decisions yet you are held 100% accountable for your work with little to no instruction or expectations. Allow "senior" employees to treat co-workers poorly without reprimand. If you aren't in the "it crowd" your not accepted or praised for your work even though it's better than – more... the favorites. By far the worst experience ever with any employer. – less
Very upbeat but yet rewarding
Over Night Selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great job to stay fit.
Cons: had no time to enjoy life outside of work.
A typical day at work was non-stop running and lifting. Great way to stay fit if you didn't want to pay for a gym membership.
Great Work Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2014
This was a great place to work, had great management and co-workers.
A typical day at Sysco Food Services
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes handling customer service related issues, driver related issues, assuring on time delivery of products, interviewing potential employees, managing drivers and supervisors.
During my employment I learned how to operate various job related systems on my own, which was challenging and rewarding. My job called for me to interchange – more... with management on different levels, such as the Vice President of Operations and company President, which enabled me to understand company goals and focus.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to manage a large number of employees with varying personalities because one type of management does not fit everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job was multi-tasking and interacting with co-workers and management. – less
Sysco works place used to be great
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: everything
Sysco works place used to be great until recently the company switching into something totally different. the culture has change from a secure and caring place into horrible environment.
Excellent company prior to SAP Implementation
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: coworkers, facilities, growth industry
Cons: sap project was woefully understaffed and too aggressive.
Excellent company. The SAP implementation was pure hell due to understaffing and too large of scope.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more