Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

A typical day at Sysco Food Services
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes handling customer service related issues, driver related issues, assuring on time delivery of products, interviewing potential employees, managing drivers and supervisors.
During my employment I learned how to operate various job related systems on my own, which was challenging and rewarding. My job called for me to interchange – more... with management on different levels, such as the Vice President of Operations and company President, which enabled me to understand company goals and focus.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to manage a large number of employees with varying personalities because one type of management does not fit everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job was multi-tasking and interacting with co-workers and management. – less
Sysco works place used to be great
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: everything
Sysco works place used to be great until recently the company switching into something totally different. the culture has change from a secure and caring place into horrible environment.
Excellent company prior to SAP Implementation
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: coworkers, facilities, growth industry
Cons: sap project was woefully understaffed and too aggressive.
Excellent company. The SAP implementation was pure hell due to understaffing and too large of scope.
Regret resigning. Worked for other Food Distributors and they r clueless
DSM at Detroit, MI and Houston, TX (1987-2000) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, work ethic, systems, products, training, pay, incentives, awards
Cons: corporate ego won't re hire former employees, you need type a personality or don't apply, you need to handle pressure and like it, pay is earned the good old fashion way, (sweat and hours)
Won lots of local awards and national recognition's. Promoted many times but was passed over a couple. Pay and incentives good as District Manager. Had to work hard and smart. This is not a job for a sissy you have to constantly be on top of everything. Left in 2000 from Sysco Detroit to US Foods and they were a disorganized mess. I QUIT Fast. Tried – more... private food distributors but they were mostly lackadaisical and inefficient. The grass is not greener at any other food distributor so don't get frustrated and keep working at whatever Sysco you are at. – less
good company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTFebruary 7, 2014
in charge of educating the customers and providing fresh and new items for their menus to match their needs.
Great job!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Constantly busy which made the work day go by quickly. Managers were great, always listened and made sure everything was running smoothly.
Productive, professional work place.
Culinary Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: payroll inconsistancy, robot like work enviornment
Early mornings, family oriented, but being a corporate environment most of employees are very non-chalant with their work ethic. very non-chalant with paying process.
Productive and fun people to be around working together as a team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2014
Being a team leader helping my coworker when need. assisted my supervisor when my help is need for special project and chair side help.
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Very fast paced, test of agility. Great Benefits, but did not leave much time to spend with my family.
Call Center Support
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: managers, training, team support
• Blackberry Manager Administrator capabilities
• Resolve IT issues resulting in keeping worldwide workforce at peak productivity.
• Ability to move efficiently on high demand issues
• Dell- HP Pc’s, Office 2003-2010, Blackberry, Active directory, Connectivity issues.
• Active directory, many industry specific applications.
• MS Exchange support for – more... multiple issues.
• Research and document multiple software issues-technical writing for Teamshare site
• servers, production systems, switches, KVM devices and server racks
• Cable routing of switches and routers.
• reimaging of client’s systems via ghosting and setup for client’s specifications
• Break/Fix, Replace, Troubleshoot, Reimage, Maintain Dell-HP desktop-laptops
• Related peripherals on site or at client’s location
• Resolve other issues by phone using remote access tools
• Install and configure software, including MS Office
• Citrix/VPN connection issues/ Office suite/Outlook issues.
• WinXP-Windows 7 experience
• SCCM management tools
• Asset management
• Add/remove computer and user accounts – less
Accounts Receivable & Earned Income Analyst
Earned Income Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the pay
During my position at Sysco. I had duties such as accounts receivable, and a supplier audits. I was able to learn how to balance multiple tasks at once and adjust to the environment that I was in. All though I find pleasure in taking on difficult situations working with my co-workers, I can learn and achieve the task set before me. The hardest part – more... of my job is not always being able meet the customers’ needs. I always enjoy interacting with my customers and co-workers. – less
Fun Place to work....full of opportunity
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: cannot control everything
This is a good position (marketing associate) to be a part of if you like sales. You have flexibility and talk about food all day.
its okay
Costing Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
its okay....... this department doesn't advance ppl as often as they should and they micro manage
Productive and fun work place
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: it got more physically fit
Cons: short breaks, cold temperatures and long hours
A typical work day would consist of hard labor lifting and traveling throughout the warehouse.
I learned how to operate a triple pallet jack and use sos units
Our management was very strict
My co-workers all knew we had to get the job done, so the faster and more productive we worked the easier our night would be.
The hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch – less
you spend more than you make
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), FL and MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: you used to make decent money
Cons: they could care less about outlying areas.
Worked there 26 years. The first 24 it was a great place to work. Now they could care less about you or your family. Very expensive to run your route. Unacheiveable quotas in order to make your bonus. Monthly meeting are a waste of time. Make promises that they never keep. If they make any promises, get them in writing.
Upper management that were never – more... successful in sales telling you how to sell. – less
Sysco was a great beginer job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Salem, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay for part time, short work weeks
Cons: extememly cold, worked alone
A typical day was starting work at about 2PM at bacon plant where I inspected the quality of product being shipped.
I learned the basic fundamentals of quality assurance. I learned how to better time-manage and work independently.
Great people to work with and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: corporate conversion and many people lost their jobs
Sysco has been great to me for over 20 years and like a big family that works well together to excel in our positions and service our customers.
very exciting, fast paced team environment
Current member of Local 294 Teamsters Brotherhood (Former Employee), Halfmoon, NYJanuary 8, 2014
overall a typical day at sysco was very long and physically demanding. I learned how to work at a fast pace and still do work effeciently because if I made errors I would not be paid my incentive bonus. I enjoyed working with a diverse amount of co-workers older and younger but all with the same goal at hand. The hardest part of the job was working – more... the long hours day after day. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with my peers. – less
Marketing Associate
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: learn the ins and outs of restaurants. where to eat.
Cons: it's like robbing people. $4 broom for $40.
After your face to face orders you will spend the rest of the day prospecting. This is a commission based job so if you don't sell you don't eat.
good money
Forklift Operator/Order Selector (Former Employee), atlanta gaJanuary 4, 2014
good company to work for. hours are long and hard will have to work in cold and hot wh.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more