Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice environment and good people
order selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 25, 2015
Picking and stacking items on a pallet to the batches was complete. I learned that with good teamwork you can get the job complete. My co-workers are great people which became family. The hardest part of the job was the hours cause you definitely will miss your family. What I enjoyed the most besides the pay was the laughs I have with co-workers and quitting time so I can get to the reason I work so hard and that's my family.
Great co workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 24, 2015
I found this job to be boring. I sat at a desk and did data entry. Not for me. co workers were very nice. I was shocked how this company ran their business.
Management has recently been overhauled with poor results.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Management attitudes and culture
Fremont, CA location has apparently gone through many changes in the past year. Upper management seems disconnected and just looking to fill holes. Workers given very little training before being sent off on their own. Very negative opinion of workers by management.
Driver managers are terrible
Class A Driver (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: poor managment
Sysco as a company is great but the management is horrible. The hardest part of your day is not unloading the truck its having to deal with the them. People wonder why they have such a high turn over rate and it is because the management. They give away loads to other drivers that they buddy buddy with and then when drivers come in they just tell them " your route been cut", which is a load of b.s. On the average you will get there at 3-4 a.m. and then you might sit until 7-10 in the morning waiting to get a load or until they just tell you go home. They don't have enough equipment for the the drivers so even if you get there early enough to get a tractor, scanner, and hand truck you might have to turn around and give it to a driver who has a load, and then IF you get a load they have to cut another driver lock and chain to get more equipment, which needless to say when that driver comes to work they wondering " where is my equipment". Overall until they get better management for the drivers its just going to be one big revolving door.
wonderful corporation
Risk Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Employee driven. The best employer to work for. Employees and corporation has the community at heart. Houston,TX is very proud to have such a beneficial company in our area.
Overall good company
Driver (Current Employee), Pocomoke, MDMarch 22, 2015
Cons: unorganized
Good pay and benefits and good local routes to run and be home on a daily basis. Company also have good equipment for drivers to use.
Potentially a good place to work if all you need is money.
Reach Truck Operator, Loader and Unloader (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay for the area
Cons: Terrible training program, Horrible Core Management
A potentially great place to work with good pay. But not for those who take pride in what they do. Management across the board lacks conviction and common sense.
Don't do it!!
Truck driver (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Terrible management, drivers often in violation, company records everything you do or say while driving
I was a delivery driver for Sysco. It started out great at first until I showed them a schedule to let them know that I was in college. After I told them that they said that they would accommodate me. WRONG!!!! They started giving me long routes so that I would be late for my 6:00 pm classes. The customers SUCKED!!! You had to kiss management's behind or become an Uncle Tom to work at that horrible place. They also attempted to merge with USA Foods but USA Foods decided not to merge with Sysco!!! I don't blame them!! I also complained to the management team about how terrible the truck loaders loaded my truck every morning. Guess what?? The more I told management the worse the loaders loaded my truck making it difficult for me to find the customers orders!! Oh, and they don't mention that you are timed on your route and you can possibly become in violation everyday if you are late delivering because of traffic or an accident etc. When it snowed in Jackson MS March 5, 2015, they were the only truck company that had their trucks rolling instead of issuing a delay. They have no regards for the drivers safety!! They hire temp secretaries that don't know what they are doing have the time. I feel sorry for the sucker that gets hired to work at Sysco!!!
Enviorment
Selector (Former Employee), Medley, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: growth
The work environment was okay, I left the company to find better job opportunity and growth. Growth with a company where i feel like i can learn and put my experience to work is very important to me.
No balance
driver (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: everything
only one day off on call the other nothing but lies from management , dispatch does not have a clue,your expendable they will do what ever they can to push you out of the door
great place to work overall
Order Selector (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free soda
Cons: 530 shift to 2am
hard work. how to order pick .my boss was cool.co workers worked hard. learning how to 7 tie stack . the work out u get u wont need a gym or a pair of weights
Just an experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAMarch 7, 2015
Working by yourself Sometimes Good Sometimes Not Because of The Weather Roads Are Nasty or Cool Delivering Cases Long Time Driving Heavy Or light Cases
Great Career
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), TennesseeMarch 6, 2015
Pros: stable-they are debt free and growing
Cons: upcoming buyout of us foods might be a hard transition
Lots of changes all the time. Seem to pay men more, even those less experienced and lacking a degree. Customers are wonderful and we have a ton of tools to help them grow their business. I do wish management (lower) had more of a coaching, encouraging mentality instead of threatening undertones.
Productive Work Enviroment
Order Selector (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay.
Cons: long hours, and work and life balance is unbalanced.
Excellent company to work for. However, work hours are long and yes you will work holidays. Management is easy to work with and salary and benefits are pretty good compared to industry standards.
buyer's assistant
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
worked for dairy, produce and meat buyers for Sysco in san diego. managed shipment and tracked deliveries as alternate transportation manager. assisted buyers in meetings with local producers and worked with diary to lock in pricing on products.
Friendly and fast paced environment
Forklift Load/Unloader (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Its a fast paced job, drama free, professional environment.
Fun place to work, simple typical day at work.
Co workers and great and so are the supervisors.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great staff
Cons: healthcare, short breatks
I enjoyed my time at Sysco. I had to move out of state or else I would still be working there. I really like the people and the over all staff.
Poorly run company by people in positions with no experience in their departments
delivery driver (Current Employee), Sysco Eastern MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good money, home every night
Cons: poor management with no clue how to do their job, let alone yours
This used to be the best company around. If you worked hard and did whatever was asked of you, you were well respected and compensated. Since the loss of the Lankford name, the company placed people in positions which they have no experience. The operations department is run by an individual with no warehouse or transportation experience. Transportation manager has never driven a delivery truck. Safety manager can't even spell CDL. Good luck finding anyone here that would recommend this place to anyone they like. If you're looking for a job that doesn't care about you or your family and only about the bosses bonuses, this is the place for you!
Productive place to work
Warehouse Operations/Order selector (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice work place
Cons: long hours
Cool place to work management and coworker. 12 hour shifts and loading and unloading trucks. Nice place to work very productive.
Fast paced constantly changing environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 18, 2015
Fast paced constantly changing environment that provides a challenging growth vehicle for a career. Days can vary but usually require quick adjustments to rapid changes.
Industry