Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

making sure the meat i cut was ready for human consumption.
Sanitation Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 1, 2015
Pros: having time to finish work on time
Cons: short breaks
Making that the work area clean and santized to USDA approval.I do my job than go help coworkers.Hardest part of job is trying to finish job when product is not in stock.While i was there i learn to cut all kind of specialty cuts of meat.
hard work, great pay
Driver/Trainer (Current Employee), Canton, MIApril 28, 2015
Sysco is a big company, but each branch is its on company with different rules and regulations. Great pay, and if you work hard, yo will get a newer truck, and good routes
Brutal
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
Looks good on a resume. Beyond that, hold on tight because working here is a grind. Over managed and under compensated is how I would describe jobs here. The food is awesome though!
alright place to work
lumper (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: good people, good vibes
Cons: no benefits
a typical day at work was is having a good day or bad day
I learned how to use the fork lift
management was awesome
hardest part of the job was working by yourself on a big truck
enjoyable part of the job is going home early
Will Call Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2015
Working at Sysco Foods was a great job. I learned a lot and like my co-workers; it was a fun team. Management was good and fair.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
Order entry, up selling to better brands, and dealing with restaurant owners most of the day. Downfall was collecting money and dealing with ever changing management team.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Support
Cons: Food Shows
Fast pace busy schedule. Work about 90 hours per week. Great compensation if you work hard. Large turn over rate in management. No expenses are taken care of.
Good Job
Cruise Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: gossip
Worked 9 years for the company, great learning experience. Great benefits. Worked with different cruise lines. Also in the export department. Worked with customers direct. High volume of customer service.
Greed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), WilsonvilleApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Over worked, tons of stress put onto driver
Faced pace work environment that could be a fun and wonderful job. If your looking to make good money and not have a life with your family then this is a job for you.
Fun industry, dated company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2015
Consumes way to much of your time for little pay. Not the same job it was 10 years ago. The industry has become commoditised. Lots of micromanaging, cronyism, backwards thinking.
Fun and Fast Paced
selector (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Time to pick
Easy money. As a selector you get to go around your triple jack and pick boxes. thats it. it is timed so you have to be fast. and you have to stack properly so it wont fall.
Stable work
Syracuse Returns Coordinator (Current Employee), SyracuseMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free food from time to time
Cons: Often must work through breaks to get the job done on time.
A typical day requires you to be able to adapt to changing conditions.I have learned working at Sysco that the food industry can be as challenging as any industry.
Management is very professional.
My co-workers are hard-working and extremely capable in their jobs.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with changes in work-hours but these will generally change on the following week unless company needs require otherwise.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the good people you will meet.
Great advancement opportunities
Marketing Associate (Current Employee), West TexasMarch 30, 2015
Advanced up to management with this company. Responsible for all daily operations from financial, culinary to sales. Increased catering sales by 50% while working at Dell Computer.
Nice environment and good people
order selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 25, 2015
Picking and stacking items on a pallet to the batches was complete. I learned that with good teamwork you can get the job complete. My co-workers are great people which became family. The hardest part of the job was the hours cause you definitely will miss your family. What I enjoyed the most besides the pay was the laughs I have with co-workers and quitting time so I can get to the reason I work so hard and that's my family.
Great co workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 24, 2015
I found this job to be boring. I sat at a desk and did data entry. Not for me. co workers were very nice. I was shocked how this company ran their business.
Management has recently been overhauled with poor results.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Management attitudes and culture
Fremont, CA location has apparently gone through many changes in the past year. Upper management seems disconnected and just looking to fill holes. Workers given very little training before being sent off on their own. Very negative opinion of workers by management.
Driver managers are terrible
Class A Driver (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: poor managment
Sysco as a company is great but the management is horrible. The hardest part of your day is not unloading the truck its having to deal with the them. People wonder why they have such a high turn over rate and it is because the management. They give away loads to other drivers that they buddy buddy with and then when drivers come in they just tell them " your route been cut", which is a load of b.s. On the average you will get there at 3-4 a.m. and then you might sit until 7-10 in the morning waiting to get a load or until they just tell you go home. They don't have enough equipment for the the drivers so even if you get there early enough to get a tractor, scanner, and hand truck you might have to turn around and give it to a driver who has a load, and then IF you get a load they have to cut another driver lock and chain to get more equipment, which needless to say when that driver comes to work they wondering " where is my equipment". Overall until they get better management for the drivers its just going to be one big revolving door.
wonderful corporation
Risk Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Employee driven. The best employer to work for. Employees and corporation has the community at heart. Houston,TX is very proud to have such a beneficial company in our area.
Overall good company
Driver (Current Employee), Pocomoke, MDMarch 22, 2015
Cons: unorganized
Good pay and benefits and good local routes to run and be home on a daily basis. Company also have good equipment for drivers to use.
Potentially a good place to work if all you need is money.
Reach Truck Operator, Loader and Unloader (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay for the area
Cons: Terrible training program, Horrible Core Management
A potentially great place to work with good pay. But not for those who take pride in what they do. Management across the board lacks conviction and common sense.
Industry