Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

Friendly and fast-pace environment that requires outgoing associates and attention to detail.
Master Data Specialist- SAP Vendor SME-Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
From the time I sit at my desk at 7:oo am I am non-stop on the go until the end of business. Often before I realize it, I am working well over my 8 hours. I have learned that 8 hours in a work day is simply not enough! The management styles practiced here let each associate handle their day to day tasks with little to no input. Management is trusting – more... and has confidence in the associates they have placed in each role. On the other hand, if there is an area of opportunity for an associate, management provides the proper tools for the associate to be successful. Each team member brings different talents and strengths; together we all work very well and are always willing to assist with any task or project given. Honestly, the only difficult part of the job is not having the opportunity for advancement. I would like to work for a company that has opportunities for hard working associates work towards a promotable opportunity. – less
Great place to work, but fast paced environment
Freight Handler/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Belleville, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of overtime
Cons: constant climate changes
The work place was fast moving and never dull. Unfortunately they later asked me to work hours that conflicted with my school schedule. Promotions are frequent if you show skills necessary in higher management positions. Friendly and generally decent people. Some of the more difficult parts of this job were things such as the heavy lifting and climate – more... changes as you may end up working in the freezer one moment and dry dock the next. – less
Great team members with friendly attitude!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 24, 2014
Sysco is a fun place to work with people from every background and walk of life. We all share the common goal of satisfying our customers with the best of service.
Productive and hard worker
Order puller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2014
I enjoy working. like to get to work to time to make sure my day goes good. Im a hard worker, learn fast, and get along with people very easily, and the most enjoyable part about my job is getting get done.
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: no cons
I learned a lot about chain supply loading process from beginning to end. Logistics every thing from preparing a load, stops/locations ....
Get place to grow
Manager, Inventor Control (Former Employee), Poway, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: not a little person in a big company
Cons: centralized all of there operations
I planed on staying at Sysco until I retired. For a big company there was room for advancement. Family atmosphere.
Great company great pay
Night warehouse selector (Former Employee), Medley, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: always at work
Can find your self at work more than home other than that they're the best!!!!L!
Ok place to work
N/A (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: large corporation
Cons: to many to name
Not a good place to work, sr leadership is inconsistent and cannot be trusted, the company as a whole is the most unprofessional environment in all aspect from the way the employees dress to the d├ęcor. HR is unreliable, unprofessional and unpredictable, other than a paycheck there is no appreciation for hard work, dedication and loyalty
Would not reccomend this company
not going to say (Former Employee), Denver, CO.March 5, 2014
Pros: yummy food from amazing chefs!
Cons: human resources interaction is like being treated as if you are a terrorist or a maggot
No training at all. Management is never in the office to assist in making decisions yet you are held 100% accountable for your work with little to no instruction or expectations. Allow "senior" employees to treat co-workers poorly without reprimand. If you aren't in the "it crowd" your not accepted or praised for your work even though it's better than – more... the favorites. By far the worst experience ever with any employer. – less
Very upbeat but yet rewarding
Over Night Selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great job to stay fit.
Cons: had no time to enjoy life outside of work.
A typical day at work was non-stop running and lifting. Great way to stay fit if you didn't want to pay for a gym membership.
Great Work Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2014
This was a great place to work, had great management and co-workers.
A typical day at Sysco Food Services
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes handling customer service related issues, driver related issues, assuring on time delivery of products, interviewing potential employees, managing drivers and supervisors.
During my employment I learned how to operate various job related systems on my own, which was challenging and rewarding. My job called for me to interchange – more... with management on different levels, such as the Vice President of Operations and company President, which enabled me to understand company goals and focus.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to manage a large number of employees with varying personalities because one type of management does not fit everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job was multi-tasking and interacting with co-workers and management. – less
Sysco works place used to be great
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: everything
Sysco works place used to be great until recently the company switching into something totally different. the culture has change from a secure and caring place into horrible environment.
Excellent company prior to SAP Implementation
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: coworkers, facilities, growth industry
Cons: sap project was woefully understaffed and too aggressive.
Excellent company. The SAP implementation was pure hell due to understaffing and too large of scope.
Regret resigning. Worked for other Food Distributors and they r clueless
DSM at Detroit, MI and Houston, TX (1987-2000) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, work ethic, systems, products, training, pay, incentives, awards
Cons: corporate ego won't re hire former employees, you need type a personality or don't apply, you need to handle pressure and like it, pay is earned the good old fashion way, (sweat and hours)
Won lots of local awards and national recognition's. Promoted many times but was passed over a couple. Pay and incentives good as District Manager. Had to work hard and smart. This is not a job for a sissy you have to constantly be on top of everything. Left in 2000 from Sysco Detroit to US Foods and they were a disorganized mess. I QUIT Fast. Tried – more... private food distributors but they were mostly lackadaisical and inefficient. The grass is not greener at any other food distributor so don't get frustrated and keep working at whatever Sysco you are at. – less
good company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTFebruary 7, 2014
in charge of educating the customers and providing fresh and new items for their menus to match their needs.
Great job!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Constantly busy which made the work day go by quickly. Managers were great, always listened and made sure everything was running smoothly.
Productive, professional work place.
Culinary Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: payroll inconsistancy, robot like work enviornment
Early mornings, family oriented, but being a corporate environment most of employees are very non-chalant with their work ethic. very non-chalant with paying process.
Productive and fun people to be around working together as a team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2014
Being a team leader helping my coworker when need. assisted my supervisor when my help is need for special project and chair side help.
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Very fast paced, test of agility. Great Benefits, but did not leave much time to spend with my family.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more