Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employer Reviews

totally different co now
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Very busy usually, lots of phone work, hardest part of my job is telling my accounts no, the best part is talking to all of my accounts.
very productive job, made you wanna work harder
Order Selector (Former Employee), Jessup, MDJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: fast pace, no one over your shoulder, nice people
Cons: hade to work nights, wears on ya body
it was fun cuz i got ride a power jack all day, alowed to work as hard as you want aslong as you made your percentage at the in the week
Night shift selector in face paced work environment
Selector/ Operations (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: 401k, company stock options, health insurance, work incentive
Cons: coworkers and managment
*Typical night- Selecting product from dry/cooler warehouse, operate pallet jack, stack product on pallets, drop off pallets in loading dock.
*Not much learned from job.
*Management- laid back but pushed numbers (cases per hour, work faster, pick accurately), but rarely addressed issues between employees. Management was almost too laid back, only addressed – more... issues after there was an incident.
*50/50 on co-workers. Some were cool, others... not so much.
*The hardest part of the job- small warehouse with lots of selectors working at various speeds made for a hostile work environment. Inexperienced selectors hitting other coworkers with pallet jacks, fights were common.
Getting additional pay incentive for extra cases selected an hour also fueled tempers between faster and slower selectors. Lots of racial tension. Management addressed some issues poorly.
Had the night off before Christmas, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July, but had to work the nights of each holiday.
*Enjoyable Part of the job- Pay day, incentive paid in cases per hour and selecting accurately. – less
Declining Compensation
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 30, 2013
Overall job OK. Mid level management imported from other companies. More work for less pay than previous years.
Steady work Enviroment
Order Selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines IllDecember 23, 2013
Awesome place to work for, alot of room for advancement. Steady work and management was always there for you.
Hard work, Long afternoons, long nights and mornings.
Order Selector / Picker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: non fulfilling job
Typical day: 65,000-90,000 Count items to be picked on short staff

What I learned: The job isn't rocket science, it's hard work and you just do it.

Co-workers: Kept every difficult day going.

Hardest part of the job: Going in everyday...the job was very taxing on every part of your body, and consumed your life.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Only – more... when you got paid. The Money – less
Stable Company
Senior Packaging Manager/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2013
Pros: training and benefits
Cons: bad excuse for management and pay
Multitasking and Highly Political
Watch your Back
Food Business
Wear Teflon
Who are these people
Understanding their logic and rationale
Benefits
LONG HOURS AND NO TIME FOR FAMILY
Order Selector (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 18, 2013
GREAT JOB IF YOUR SINGLE AND HAVE NO KIDS. VERY PHYSICAL. GREAT PAY.
Great group of people to work with
Contract Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Cypress, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: flexible
I am on contract with Sysco and I am responsible for finding qualified candidates for all sorts of positions all over the country. They provide the tools needed in order to do your job and find great talent. The management team is easy to work with and very helpful. One of the nice things is everyone there is more than willing to help the others out.
Run away FAST
MA (Former Employee), EverywhereNovember 19, 2013
Cons: all
Company is a joke and pay is terrible! They do the bait and switch to get you there. Then it is all empty promises. Mgmt are all butt kissers to get ahead as this is the only job they will ever get b/c they have nothing else! No pay for expenses and travel. All the money is kept for company which is now in Hot Water for carrying food in employee cars. – more... Stay far away! – less
Solid Company
MARKETING SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2013
This is a great company if you are looking for a solid company and a long career.
A place full of amicable people. Hard work with harder hours
Selector (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 17, 2013
Pros: friendly environment. physical conditioning.
Cons: lack of transparency in management, hours, use of vulgar language throughout selecting staff
A typical day at work consists of stretches followed by announcements. After announcements everyone heads to their triple jack and begins. After 7.5-11 hours of stacking boxes (with two half hour breaks) everyone packs up and goes home.
Management is decent. They motivate their workers for the most part. But there's always contradictory information – more... given when asking one supervisor or another.
The hardest part of the job is the hours: 5:30pm-whenever the load is done.
The most enjoyable part is that, for the most part, everyone gets along pretty well. – less
terrible place to work!!
finance (Former Employee), sysco central pa, HarrisburgNovember 15, 2013
Pros: occasional free food in the break room
Cons: terrible benefits, low pay, nasty office gossip and politics
Sysco Central PA is one of the worst places ive ever worked at. The office politics there are extreme. Some of the most cut throat people I have ever met. The benefits are not very good, expensive. They keep taking more and more away from the employees. Any issues that were raised to direct supervisors or HR, were completely ignored. All the good employees – more... that were once there have quit and now only the trouble makers remain. – less

gladiquit – November 19, 2013

I couldnt agree more. I have worked at two different sysco houses and sysco central PA was terrible.

18e8o5hq25ncgcib – January 14, 2014

I am a former employee of Sysco Central PA and that place was a joke. They abide by their own rules. There were people that were a year away from retirement that got let go. People that had 25-30 years in that were let go. The going trend was to let these people go so they could replace with cheaper wages. Every day I spent in that place, I felt like a scared rat in a cage, never knew when I was going to get picked out and fed to the snake. Fridays were extra stressful because they did their firings on fridays. All the people that were decent at their jobs have now left so just the slackers now remain. Didnt get raises for years at a time. The pay was terrible. Proceed with caution.

family
Driver Assistant (Former Employee), pocokemoke mdNovember 12, 2013
I learn that Sysco was a family and when I came to work they made feel right at home.
Great company, poor staffing
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Norman, OKNovember 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: staffing
6 day work week. Staffing was not properly handled. Work/Life balance was not there. Disconnect between sales and transportation
Relaxed atmosphere
SMS Costing Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: food giveaways
Cons: the pay is bad, over worked, inability to take time off due to heavy work load
Maintain pricing for assigned Sysco suppliers. I have learned Supply Chain functionalities, costing updates, and internal bill-back system while managing dual systems. Management is flexible and often hands on. My co-workers are team players who take the lead when assistance is needed. I often struggle with pricing not updating properly due to system – more... problems which have been known to delay pricing. The most enjoyable part of the job the relaxed atmosphere. – less
forklift driver
Order Selector (Former Employee), Fremont, CANovember 3, 2013
Was only there for a few months. liked my co-workers and managment
Great Place to work
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Medley, FLOctober 31, 2013
Work hard and get paid

Must do it on your own, management isnt going to help
Good working conditions
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Norman, OKOctober 30, 2013
I started working here after my son was born. Supervisors and staff were friendly, I didn't work there long because I wanted to be closer to home.
Order Selector
Order Selector (Former Employee), ILOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the money
Cons: this was a tiresome job
Log on wrist-mounted computer device.
Complete inspection sheet (Electric Pallet Jack)
Select product by slot & description
Assemble customer order from stock
Place order on pallets in proper sequences
Attach labels on product printed out on belt-mounted printer
Proceed to correct slot location
Transport product to duck area for staging
Communicated – more... basic skills to understand work system and instructions
Use basic computer skills to operate systems
Adhere to company safety policies, procedures and rules – less

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of┬áSYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more