Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation Employee Reviews

Fast paced constantly changing environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 18, 2015
Fast paced constantly changing environment that provides a challenging growth vehicle for a career. Days can vary but usually require quick adjustments to rapid changes.
Good money but horrible enviroment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZFebruary 16, 2015
If you work hard they will work you harder. Always give you more work after finishing route. Makes you work your days off. Dangles bonuses to get performance then takes it away and make half of what your used to,
Sysco is strong business model in the food service industry and I am gratful I was given the opportunity to work for them.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: very flexible schedule.
Cons: traveling 33, 000 miles/yr. using my own car. reimbusrsement was poor.
I started my day early in the early morning and worked until 6pm mostly every day. My laptop was in constant use. I called on customers and did cold calling. The management and my co-workers built a strong team that helped me succeed. The hardest part of the job was driving in bad weather conditions. I most enjoyed the people I met and learned that if you don't like everyone - you can't sell anyone.
Large Corporation with alot of potential in growth opportuunity
Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: helathcare, 401 k plan, dental and vision plans, growth opportunities, complimentary online training.
Usually an 8 hour day with more down time then I asked for which was the most difficult part of my job. I was involved in mergers/and acquisitions which didn't always stay within their time frame.
Learned a lot about the federal aspects of the payroll systems for various states.
The co-workers within my department were always very helpful and were team players. I enjoyed working for Sysco and did look forward to our team building meetings so to motivate the staff..
its a lot of work
Accounts Payable Disputes Resolution Admin (Current Employee), Cypress, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no breaks only one hour lunch
Sysco is a strong company but the pay does not compensate the work load. Please if you decide to work there please be prepared to work hard and receive small pay
worst job ever
Selector (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2015
they lie to you about your hours. you work 10- 12 hours daily . understaffed. fire you after 3 months if you cant pick 200 cases a hour. expect you to run literally run and complete orders where your picking up 40-80 pound cases. unless your homeless or a immigrant with no school or doesn't speak English , I wouldn't recommend working here unless you just had no choice. you will only see your family once a week. manager has horrible people skills and they force you to stay past your shift. you get no sick time or benefits during those first three months and only allowed four days where you can call in. I wouldn't work here for 30 a hour let alone the 16 they pay you.
excellent work environment
driver (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, home time, and teamwork atmosphere!
Cons: tough hours extremely physical
Very good team atmosphere in Harrisburg terminal. If you want to work hard and are motivated everyday you will have an excellent career at this company excellent pay and benefits lots of good drivers!!
food delivery
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Harmony, PAFebruary 3, 2015
was not there long enough due to being laied off from loss of accounts
management team was easy to work with
learned how to safley un load food products
great company to work for family type environment
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount food
Cons: no room for growth
process orders
learned a lot about the food industry
management is great
co-worker are awesome
hardest part of the day is download time
enjoyable part of the day is right after lunch
They make an already hard job even harder than it has to be.
delivery driver (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: no employee contribution for heath care.
Cons: nobody care enough to make changes
You start your day early, you never know where your going. Employees of 8,10,12 years still have no idea of where they are going when they come into work. Warehouse will put 1 item for your delivery on the bottom of the next pallet so you have to break down the entire pallet for the one piece. Management will tell you... I don't know why they do that but will do know thing to make changes. The only thing they see is the truck cam back empty, so it must not have been that bad. Co-workers will help with instructions on how to make deliveries. Hardest thing about the job is trying to wrap your head around how poor the warehouse can do their jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job is working your last day for Sysco.
Interest learning somethings new
warehouse employees (Former Employee), Portland, MeJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: short break
Hardworker and fast eneviroment.
Exceed the expectation to the company
An okay place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: promotions are not likely. you have to bounce around to different job functions to get promoted
The corporate office is a good, but not great, place to work. The people are very nice, but management lacks focus which translates to frustration among employees.
dont do it
sales rep (Current Employee), flint, miJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: flint michigan management
i interviewed with the manager and trainer of Flint Michigan region. I have numerous experience in this type of work. This was the worst interview i have ever had. these guys have no respect for anyone and simply want to cut you down and teach you how to do things there way. I cannot believe the company would allow such egotistical people to represent there company. they will never find anyone of value to work for them by treating people this way. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. it will not end well for you.
Good place to work. Fast-paced, fun work environment.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: building working relationships with sales associates & customers.
Cons: not enough hours in the day to accomplish what you wanted to.
A typical day at work was making sales calls on customers. Fun, fast paced, performance-based environment. Enjoyable customer-relationship building culture.

Management was there to help guide & direct you if needed. Co-workers were always willing to benchmark & advise you if needed.

The hardest part of the job was the time required to hit sales goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with clients & sales associates.
Not a good place to work
Truck driver (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: everything
You have to call a hot line between 8:30pm and 9pm to get your start time. You could start anywhere from 12:00am-5am. No consistent routes. Management don't have a clue. The way the trucks are loaded is a joke. If you like to dig for every box for hours this is the place for you. I never worked at such an unorganized place.
Ok place to work
Sales & Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Cenral Valley, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my co-workers and management is friendly and supportive if you show promise.
Cons: burn and turn company. they hire many canidates at once, then hope one or two make it. very difficult to make commission.
Ok company to work for but very little room for advancement. Very few want to move into a management role. That said, Management team is supportive if you show promise. You can skate by fairly easily or make some good money with hard work and a lot of luck.
What accounts you inherit determines your success.
Lots of turnover, which is too bad as customers become frustrated and look for other companies.
long hard hours
order selector (Former Employee), olathe KansasJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
This was the hardest job I've ever worked. If you work here you will have no life if you're not at work you'll wanna sleep because you will work just that hard . don't get me wrong the pay is good but you will work for it, this company is all about numbers you will have to hit a 100% production everyday if not you're out the door the turnover ratio is very high that's why they're always hiring because people just don't last so do enter at your on risk.
Very professional atmosphere
Asian Specialist (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: very challenging, but can be rewarding.
Cons: micro managing
I enjoyed my 3 years as an "Asian Specialist" at Sysco. My regret is that the Asian Restaurant sector wasn't a good fit for Sysco. Great place to work and great poeple to work with.
Its a hard place to work and could use improvements
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), St Charles, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Overnight assembling and selecting large shipping orders to be loaded and shipped.

8-10 hours a day
production based
co-workers are supportive and genuine

keeping up with production was the hardest part of the job
payday was the best part of the job
Great 1st Job
Finance (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Great work culture and management.
Great opportunity to move around the company.
Company is stable but pay is low.

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more

Sysco Corporation Salaries