Sysco Corporation

Sysco Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Relaxed Culture
Talent Acquisition Partner, II (Current Employee), Cypress, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: people, culture
Cons: management
Very relaxed culture - jeans, sandals, large cube setting, great teamof people.
Talent Acquisition Leadership very unorganized, lacks employee relations, leadership and motivation skills.
No work to life balance, work all hours, heavy workloads, understaffed, not recognized for work performed, skills, or achievements.
Great team of people to work with and relaxed environment
Productive and fun place to work
Transfer Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Corporate HoustonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee, long breaks
Cons: healthcare and dental
Lots of learning and opportunities within the company. Great company to learn and grow within.
It was a great place to work until they outsourced all of IT.
Sr. Programmer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great people to work with.
Cons: couldn't trust management.
It was a really great place to work, with great co-workers and environment. Couldn't trust upper management, and in the end, they sold all of us out. They outsourced to India, and then couldn't figure out why the quality of work went downhill fast.
nice and fun work enviorment
driver helper (Former Employee), jessup mdOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no cons to this job
report to work 4am 15 hours day
learned how to read invoice and scan gun
Sysco is apart of union
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Drivers look elsewhere yes the pay is decent but management sucks they're unorganized they don't have a clue of what's going on out in the field.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Tolleson, ArizonaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nothing pro about them
Cons: transportation
This place was ok to work for sometime but, a bunch of hypocrites have taken over on management. The only thing they know what to do is write people up for stupid stuff. The warehouse management is up there with this transportation management clowns. All they give a flip about is numbers for corporate. The loads are all lopsided, unstraped, to the trailers last and middle stops mixed in with first stops. Sometimes stops 4-8 in front of stops 1-3. All the way to the back door violating OSHA'S requirements of at least minimum 18 inches of work space. They don't give you sufficient time to deliver at big stops, where your walking a far distance plus with elevators. Without proper equipment 97% of the time they don't provide liftgates when needed. Nor electric jacks it's a mess with management yes the pay is good, but not safe. And they will work every hour out of you in the week forcing you to work on your days off etc.. Well good luck to you and, please don't take me for granted. Because your going to find out the hard way look at their turnover ratio that should say enough.
selectorr
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Jackson, WIOctober 23, 2014
sysco is a great company to work for. and i worked in the cooled and the hot area and they both are find to be inpeople that i worked with was good.
great education
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2014
I learned a lot about food sales, career advancement was very unsure.
Review
District Manager (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: strong reputation.
Cons: turnover
The job was ok but too much turnover of Marketing Assistants.
Awful Management & awful work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2014
This place would talk the talk without walking the walk. They preached safety but rarely practiced it. Constant confrontations between management and union employees. Very high demands, almost daily mandatory overtime. The 5:30pm-4:00am shift makes it impossible to have a life outside of work.
i learned a lot at this company
Order Selector (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good pay, good insurance
Cons: far from from home
working for this company was great the employees,the management the benefits excellent
INSANE STANDARDS!
Order Selector (Current Employee), Jessup, MdOctober 16, 2014
Pros: money money money
Cons: everything besides the money
If you want to know what it feels like to be a modern day slave, then join Sysco as a order Selector. This is my third week and my supervisor is expecting me to run at 70% or higher everyday. I work 12 to 15 hours daily with no time to really recuperate from the previous day of work. Every muscle on my body aches literally. Hourly reminders that if u don't select at the rate they want, u will be let go. I can honestly say the only thing keeping me going is the money, but even that is not worth it. Be prepared to ravage your body!
Great Place to work
Earned Income Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: there is lots of work to alway do.
Cons: the location moved across town and the drive was to far.
I worked in several departments and loved the work. Made lots of friends and and the work is very different from day to day so you never get tired of doing the same thing. It's a new thing everyday.
GREAT JOB
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
I was an Independent Contractor and covered two poultry plants in the north Alabama area.
Loved the job.
I worked 30 hours a week, if I got my hours in within four days, I was off rest of the week...I normally worked like six hours a day five days a week.
Worked with USDA and management on all shifts
The workers worked well with me...I had no co-workers on this job.
Management was in Houston, TX and I never met him, just spoke over the phone and via internet.
productive and fun workplace and fun with frezzer table
Shipping and Receiving/ Assembler (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAOctober 8, 2014
the management was very nice and the co-work are very helpful, there is no hard work
learning curve
Diesel Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no proper equipment, no over time
I went to a community college to seek out employment in the heavy diesel technology . After one (1) year I knew I made a mistake. after finishing school and finding out the company did not have the state of the art equipment to work on heavy equipment I knew I was in trouble. So I started to seek a new profession.What I do now in the pharmaceutical business is one of the best things I did.
food industry
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), medley,flSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: almost everyday there is always something good to eat.
Cons: sales force driven.
overall very good company to work for......lots an lots of perks.
Great Company, starting salary with limited earning potential and on call job demands
CDL Driver (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TexasSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: stable work, good starting salary
Cons: no work, family life balance, no pay raises or set schedules
Typical job reporting time between 12AM-5AM with varying, daily assigned route/delivery time windows. Drivers responsible for everything from possibly loading, unloading trucks, load and CMV inspection to include pre/post trip maintenance of CMV and all DOT logs/paperwork and data entry into CMV XATA reporting system. Hardest part of job is no Work, Family balance as schedules/routes are regularly changed and reassigned with only hours notice and reporting turnaround.Starting salary is in line with CDL pay but there are no pay raises and pay fluctuates based on daily route changes,assignments. Most enjoyable part of job is Customer interaction and relationships.
As an order selector
Order Selector (Former Employee), Kent, WASeptember 29, 2014
Be ready to work from the designated start time to whenever everything is done. Which means there is no actually daily end of work time. You may get off early on one day and the next day is different. You have to be strong and fast if not you will fail at this job. The pay is great but you'll miss out on your personal life style. Be expected to work 6 days a week, and also be ready to lose a lot of weight.
Transportation (Former Employee), Palmetto FlSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: time restraints
very early start time , pressured to meet delivery times and schedules. learned that it was all about the company and not the employee. some good managers and others that where not willing to coach and lead just there for the day . drivers and many employees worked well together warehouse not so much. hardest part of job was the weather and heat of the day .
Great experience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay fun work place great mangement
Cons: physical type of work will drain your body
Fun fast paced great pay great benefits no advancement opportunity's physical work takes a toll on body

About Sysco Corporation

As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and – Read more

Sysco Corporation Salaries