SYSCO GUEST SUPPLY Employee Reviews in United States

Strong Team Productivitiy
Textile Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMay 19, 2016
Being part of the marketing department meant working hand-in-hand with many other departments, design/graphic design, product development, buyers, sales representatives, e-commerce, and brand account managers to name a few. A typical day requires reviewing e-mails, following up with any current project status and keeping the project on track, developing new product collateral, reviewing new developing products and creating a marketing strategy for the new products. My managers were always requesting updates on projects and giving direction on projects. They were very supportive and always stride to build my experience as a product marketing associate. My co-workers were the very best, there was very much a team mentality and helping each other with any and all marketing projects. The hardest part of the job was the very short time lines to complete marketing projects, so time management was critical. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling and marketing events. I enjoyed traveling to marketing events and participating in those events.
Pros
Marketing Events
Cons
Short Project Time Lines
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my role at Sysco Guest Supply and enjoyed building my territory and growing it and partnering with my customers in the success of their business.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Travel Time to My Territory
There always lots of work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJNovember 30, 2015
If you're looking for work, there is definitely work here to keep you busy with opportunities to grow for the select few that care and grow to love there work,
Pros
There's a good job culture
Cons
Some work can be very repetitive
Eh
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2015
Started out Great, but then Sysco came in and wrecked the small business feel. I would go back however, great pay and benefits.
Guest Supply is great - Sysco not so much
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monmouth JunctionOctober 20, 2015
Guest Supply is the industry leader in providing hospitality operation supplies and equipment. As en entity unto itself - it's a great place to work, great co-workers, thriving business, creative and innovative upper management - but the corporate machine that is Sysco has increasingly reached her tentacles into the business, creating a rather demoralizing environment.
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 17, 2015
This company is a good company to work for. The office has a friendly family environment. Management is always helpful and accommodating to its employees. Hours are great!
Great job enjoyed it everyday
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDDecember 12, 2014
I would come in typically around 3 or 4 am Check my load to be sure it was secure and wouldn t fall against the back door I learned a lot of my map reading skills there Before I bought a GPS. .The Management was great And we got along well for the most part.. I got a work out everyday And I met a lot really nice People
Pros
when i would stay out i would get points from hotels rewards
Cons
when they loaded the truck out of oder
Great Job
Lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 9, 2014
Great work Experience

Fun Job

Great Work Environment

Great supervisor
A Great Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 18, 2013
This job help me get on my feet when I was down and out. I would like to work love to work back with them.
Pros
free lunches, etc
Cons
short break, healthcare, etc
no praise just whip cracking.
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 9, 2013
Advancement is nil, Management not helpful in resolving problems. Best part were fellow employes. Company in constant violation of DOT and OSHA regulations.
Pros
overtime abundant
Cons
hr unresponsive to employes.
Hospitality industry sales position offers autonomy
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 31, 2013
A typical day involves review of customer account order history, Accounts Receivable report, handling customer service requests, follow up on quotes, account management tasks, prospective account list review, and outside sales and service calls within a defined territory.

Interaction with Co- workers is typically telephonically as Territory Manager sales representatives work independently out in the field often. The most challenging part of the position is managing time efficiently and balancing the many tasks that present themselves during the day, week, and month. The most enjoyable part of the position would be the autonomy to manage your daily calendar as you best see fit to meet income and budgetary goals,
Pros
autonomy and independence to perform sales related tasks that works best for you personally.
Cons
meeting the many daily demands can at times be very challenging, and at times it may require working longer hours beyond an average 9-10 hour work day.
Don't work there
Staff analyst (Former Employee) –  Monmouth junction njJanuary 29, 2013
I thought it was a good place to work, at first. Make sure you don't have any unforeseen health issues pop up. I did and while I was under a doctors care they booted me like yesterday's garbage. No sympathy or compassion. In the long run guess it worked out for the best because while there it was very stressful. Poor management.
Good company to work for family oriented.
CSR/ Receiving Clerk/Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2012
Fun upbeat enviornment, everyone gets along and works together to get the job done. Management is very understanding and easy to communicate with. Your hardwork and dedication is acknowledge.
Pros
free lunches, gift cards rewards, pto, beneifts, good location, clean.
Cons
30 minute lunches, temperature in the building
A typical day at work just get the job done and go home .
Forklift oparater (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJAugust 7, 2012
the co-worker are very helpful
Management all ways looked for in put to make you work smarter instead of harder
Good Workplace, Nice People
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJune 24, 2012
Worked as a temporary employee there, waiting for over a year to be promoted to full-time with benefits. Environment is great and so are the people, but I left before I every got promoted.
Loved this job and was very sad to be laid off.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 6, 2012
Worked here for years. Loved my co-workers and the work we did. Unfortunatley the economy hit and our entire department was laid off.
Pros
wholesome environment, great pay, great people
Cons
the economy
They are two face people
asst. oper manager/csr (Former Employee) –  corona caMay 21, 2012
Other then pay and benefits it all good. But your office manager to Oper manager
they cover a lot of information on several employee. There and management cover bad information on there favorit employee. Yhey all so have there favorit employee. The Corona branch is not fun to work for. Your regional manager is not award of the proplems that goes on. But he all so has his favorit people. This is not a revenge message.
The job would've been fun, but there were some very controlling people involved.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2012
I loved the work, I loved the clients I worked with, but at times the management, seemed to want to sabotage the work I was doing for our clients. I felt a little frustrated, because I wanted to do the best I could for our clients. My co-workers were wonderful! But I saw them treated unfairly and that was difficult!
Pros
i loved the clients i worked with.
Cons
a client gave me a chistmas present, management took it instead.
Great Benefits...
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus MiApril 9, 2012
This company offered great benefits as well as good advancement. The downside of it was that my branch closed down because of the economy leaving me without a job.
Was a great place to work for
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Romulus,MichiganJanuary 25, 2012
Was a great team environment. Everyone worked well togather to get the job done. Too bad they closed down!