Sysco Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
A culture that runs inefficiently. We have been asked to perform activities that are less than ethical. The environment has become cold. Advancement is non-existent. Pay is less than competitive.
Enjoyed the Work
ANALYST SOFTWARE QUALITY / CHANGE/RELEASE CTRL (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Sysco is a great place to work welcoming people and a pleasant work environment...plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to work hard with a positive attitude..
Terrible Management
CDL Driver and Food Deliverer (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Unfair work conditions. Warehouse horrible with packing. Minimal training will put you on the road and blame you for all mistakes not covered in training.
career path provided
Market Logistic Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Overall good work culture, would recommend working for Sysco. Fellow employees are enjoyable. You will be challenged and can put in some long hours, but can be worth it.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
It was a good expierence working in different environments such as dry, cooler, and freezer. Very competitive work. Would have been better if company provided better freezer jackets.
Work is great but micro management
ACCOUNTANT III (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The new team lead and director are both micro management. They push down tons of work to senior accountants. Work is great with new technologies.Employee turn-over is too high but they refuse to take responsibilities.
Good Company
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Good people and good company. Very good benefits and the stock buy option is great. Pay is a little low but they feel they can get away with it so they do.
Good workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Good people to work always new stuff to learn management good take care of you.help you with any hard part of the job keep you up to date on your job and the company
Terrible
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Job was terrible, expected u to pick at a 100% or u fired, they hire every 3 months because most people don’t make the cut....Also wen selecting u have a certain amount of time where u have to select.. Management suck barely thaught u anything. Yes it’s money to be made at this company, but u have to work like a slave for it... p.s wasn’t fired I quit after 3 days.. And they don’t have no 401k...lastly they bribe u with this 4K sign up plan if u make it pass the three months, but if your percentage drop lower then a 100% u get fired and have to pay tht money back..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, short breaks, and poor management
Extremely Stressful
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Worked for Sysco for almost 11 years. It is a very competitive environment and also very stressful. I enjoyed the people very much, however, management was my issue. I received a recent promotion and relocated for it. Current management only focuses on negativity. There's no positivity and no support for the learning curve. I'm a firm believer of building your people up not tearing them down.
Pros
Great co-workers, happy with salary, great benefits
Cons
leadership
Fast paced safe place to work
Order Selector/Trailer Loader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Picked orders in a fast paced environment. Accurately picking orders using a RF-Scanners. Safely operated a triple pallet jack. loaded trucks with pallets to be sent out to customers.
Great Company to Work for
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Working for Sysco was great in the beginning. Once there was a shift in management and the organizational chart there was a shift in the culture.

Overall it was a great place and can continue to be a great place with minor changes to management and structure.
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Bonus
Cons
Stressful
Good Place to Work
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
Interesting job, learned a lot. Communication was good, and company did a lot to keep employee morale high. Pay and benefits were very good as were time off benefits.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2018
No work life balance - poor management that consisted of primarily white, middle aged men..The good ole boys club is alive and well at Sysco Columbia. Most of these managers were under qualified and got into their positions through politicking, bragging and self promotion...Unless you have someone in management looking out for you - it's difficult to advance based on merit alone.. They try to gain ground on the competition by recruiting their employees and overpaying them to entice them to make the switch. It's all temporary however...Meanwhile their loyal employees are being paid less etc...SYSCO Columbia lacks transparency and fosters a toxic culture.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Everything Else
More work then you'll want
Outbound Selector (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 6, 2018
I worked in a warehouse as an outbound selector. I picked in the freezer very cold but if your working you'll keep warm.

Lots of OT My shift would start at 6:30PM until the trucks are all loaded.

Managers were okay mostly stayed in the office no direct supervision.
Pros
Lots of discounts
Dead end job not a career blatant favoritism.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2018
The favouritism limits your income. No room for advancement. They say it's a 5 day work wk but every schedule puts you for 6. Your set up for failure.
Pros
Pay is ok & benefits are ok. Not a high stressful job
Cons
No communication between mgrs too many chiefs. You are setup to fail.
Outbound Warehouse clerk
Outbound warehouse clerk/Selector (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLJanuary 5, 2018
I worked the night shift, so my day started around 5:30 pm. I began my work organizing and preparing for the work to come. Helping employees and their equipment needs (I diagnosed and fixed software and hardware issues). Stock the copier with paper for the invoices that would come later that night and set up my software for the data entry and reports.
The main job was to enter the routing information into our software and convert it into usable reports and work for the dock employees.

The main thing I learned was how to prioritize. What to concern myself with first, focus and finish. The culture there at night was vastly different than that of the day shift. our goal was to finish at a timely manner in order to usher in the day shift with minimal delay and issues. The employees are very competitive as it was incentive based in the warehouse. This also meant that my tasks were imperative not to keep them waiting. Hence the prioritizing.

The hardest part of the job was the stress of meeting the deadlines of work input, reports and invoices. I often had to change tasks to meet various needs of the workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relief of finishing yet another busy day. Working with the others to complete with as little issues as possible.
Pros
great pay, benefits and discounts
Cons
highly stressful, dock work was incentive based causing high instability in job security (how I was let go)
great place to work while going to school
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Sysco allowed me to work part time while I was going to school for my bachelors degree. They were flexible with hours around my school schedule as it changed semester to semester.
Pros
often could get as many hours as you wanted
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities.
no complaints
Marketing Associate, CEC (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 4, 2018
I would still be working there had I not had the need to relocate, and my old SYSCO boss not recruited me for the position that I currently have
Team worked well together and really looked out for each other - great place to work
Pros
they took care of their people
Cons
all business expenses came out of your pocket
Poor Management
Information Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 4, 2018
I provided technical support for the office and warehouse staff. I was asked to attain certifications in order to provide warranty work on the Sales Teams laptops and I would be provided a good increase in pay.. Once I attained certifications; I rebuilt 150 laptops within a month. When it came time to provide me a raise; I was given a nickel per hour. When I asked for more; it was not only denied but I was asked to leave.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.