SYSCO Employee Reviews

Found 1,148 reviews matching the search
Sysco Is The Best
Healthcare Food & Beverage Consultant (Current Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 4, 2017
I love what i do and the support to be successful is amazing! You will work hard to earn the great pay. Management is support and Sysco has everything that a customer may need from consulting reps, business development, marketing ect....
Good company
Process Improvement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cypress TXSeptember 4, 2017
Good company.

Moving to lean corporate culture.

Engaged and helpful employees.

Cypress location has a brand new gym and a cafeteria.

Good location in relation to my home.
they needed junior admin
Sr. AIX Systems Architect Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
they needed junior admin but hired a very senior systems engineer, the work was well below my skillsets, i was very bored 99% of the time. they had me supporting legacy enviornments while permenant ires worked in the migrations to new technology
Cons
they needed junior admin
dye
Healthcare Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAAugust 30, 2017
why are you making me do this. This is a silly thing for you to make me do. Do your companies that pay to put their jobs on your site know that you hassle people who are looking for their jobs. Please stop.
Not there long enough
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 30, 2017
Wasn't there long enough to make a good judgement call.

I cant say anymore about the company. I was not even there for a one year term and was laid off because the department was sent to Texas
No time to breath working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 28, 2017
Will run and work you to death, 1 day off per week, communting to Lincoln from Omaha and then running a 14 clock. Management very cut throat and will throw you under the bus any chance they get.
I loved working for Sysco.
Administrative Assistant to Company President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
As Payroll Administrator I learned so much about computers, people, Employment law. The diversity of the employees was great and I was able to communicate and interact with all of them. I loved working with the different computer programs.
#1 National Food Distributor for Businesses
Sales / Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
As a sales consultant 12 years ago in the Houston area they were very strong in the areas that they were distributing. They strived for being #1 in the food industry.
I love the job,just want to work for company directly.currently a temp
Forklift Operator/Batteries changer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 27, 2017
Love the company. Just want to work for company directly.currently a temp.I plan to make this a job a career that I can retire with.Very laid back and stress free.Super competitive. Well paying,and would loved to work for companey directly.
Pros
Paid lunch hours
Cons
Nothing.I love the job
I recommend Sysco as a long-term place to work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2017
Sysco provides decent benefits, competitive with other national companies. They pay fairly for most roles that I am familiar with. Culture varies from group to group (department to department). I am fortunate to work with a great group of folks currently although I have worked in other areas that overwork you and under appreciate your efforts. Career advancement can be tricky. It works for some, but the requirements are definitely set differently for each individual. Your network (who you know) is far more important than the work you put in or the experiences and capabilities you may have.

Want to know more about SYSCO?

Ask a question
Company changed atmosphere over the years but still good company
Night Warehouse Clerk/Manager Asst (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 26, 2017
Originally over 15 years ago this was a great relaxed place to work. After change up in management from the high end on down to lower ranks it became more intense environment in being strictly about work and money. There was more money to be made which required a lot more efficient work processes.
Pros
Great international company
Cons
Company removed the pension plan in 2012
Unless you are a politician don't do it!
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZAugust 25, 2017
I have never experienced the political infighting that I witnessed in this organization anywhere including the military. Other department heads will appear cordial until you can't deliver something that they feel is a priority regardless of cost, feasibility and current regulations. Do NOT turn your back as there could be something sticking out of it!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
operational politics, work life balance
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 24, 2017
it was a very productive job which I enjoyed working for several of years however, being that my wife is in the military I had to quit and relocate since she has to PCS.
great flow of traffic, fast paced environment good experience
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2017
Good experience for individuals who do not mind a climate control atmospheres. The workplace and facilities are good for the flow of traffic so they can maintain a balanced work safety environment.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate/Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2017
Procedures and changing management made things difficult to feel secure. Sales force during this time period had many changes thrown at them that had negative outcomes for customers.
Pros
Relationships with customers
Cons
New management in short period
Distribution
Chief Financial Officer - Northeast Market (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2017
Not exciting, but a solid company. Changing management has made it not the same company it was built on. Sound company, but hard to see where opportunity is.
Pros
stability
Cons
Changing Management
It was a great experience
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 19, 2017
Some of the best training avalable in the industry.Probably tghe most valuable thin I got \from the job. Unfortunately they are being run by stockholdes and are killing off the salesperson ebecause of profits. There making not fun anymore.
Pros
fun
Cons
sucked
This is a great company to work for
Forklift operator/Case picker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
this was a great job to be apart of. I worked a lot of hours in a fast passed environment with great wages and benefits. As long as you did your job there was no problems with management. My co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable about the day to day grind of the job. I enjoyed coming in everyday and looked forward to the day to day grind of what the job had to offer. I got a better understanding of time management and how to communicate better with my co-workers
Pros
competive pay and great benifits
Cons
work sometimes became slow
Stagnant
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 17, 2017
This was a good place for me to come and learn the basics of my job. The people where great and the management was ok. The only thing I didn't like was the fact they would work you half way to death and they outsourced almost all the positions that would pay well.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
No advancement
Great co-workers and supervisors.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 17, 2017
A good place to work. Good people to work with and good management. Time went fast in a typical 8 hr. Day. Good pay and benefits. Company events were held throughout the year for employees and their families.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
Had to be there in the worst of weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.