SYSCO Employee Reviews

Think twice before applying for this company!
Outbound Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 31, 2015
High employee turn over rate. Management is clueless. Lack of training. They do hire convicted felons. Need I say more?

I worked the night shift and had no personal life what so ever. It's a union shop for the selectors. In order to make the union they work you like a dog and create numbers for you to achieve that are basically impossible so right before you make the union they fire you and hire more cheap labor employees.
Pros
Free Gym access, free dinner once in a blue moon
Cons
No life outside of work
Great paying job
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2015
It was a great job in the beginning until they started hiring inexperienced and lazy workers. This caused the experienced employees to work more and carry all the weight. It got worse as the years went on.
Horrible
driver (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMDecember 28, 2015
You think you applying for secret service to work here, awful reviews recruiter not even in state where applying cant even pronounce city correctly, I wasted my time even applying to deliver food, No wonder they looking for help, high turnover
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad recruiters
Sysco is not good place to work
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 26, 2015
First of all I decided to write these sentences to try to help you to choose a better company for working. Before to decide try to read all the reviews that the former employees wrote on this site. This is a reallyyyyy hard job, like a driver you must deal with a lot things like not correct loading pallets, you receive a lot calls by dispatches and customer service staff during you're working to pressure to be on time in each customer place, they don't care about the drivers just they want you go back to the company with the truck empty, they force you to work in your days off, in a lot cases you have more than 13 deliveries to do with a lot pieces inside of the truck and don't have enough time to finish your job. Sometimes you deal with impolite customers, another thing is that you don't have a permanent route and they send you everywhere, they check you by a camara inside of the cabin all the time. In another word this company is not worth it.
Pros
Good Payment
Cons
Really bad management and drivers are not well consider
A company that I grown with and got to see it become the leader in the industry
Senior Telecom & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2015
Good company with lots of opportunities. Has added some new leadership in I.T. that has a different perspective on how to stay on top.
Pros
Location, Employee Discounts, Working with the leader
Cons
I.T. Leadership
Toxic work environment.
DELIVERY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 15, 2015
Good pay. Tough atmosphere. Voice is not heard by management. Too separated from higher ups. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Voice not heard
good company to work for
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
I enjoyed Working for the company . I just reached the max level for my position. My duties was Safety,Excellent Customer Services Skills, Ability to read and complete job functions with-out direct supervision
fast paced
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 14, 2015
Sysco, is a fast paced environment. On a typical day I was in front of 5-8 different existing or prospect customers. We were resposible to retain and grow our existing customers case count. New sales were key.
Work on IBM mainframe to expedite job flow.
Production analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2015
Work on large IBM mainframe to expedite job flow and work to correct any jobs that might abend. Answer incoming calls and work with users to answer questions that they may have and if needed route their call to support.
Sysco Corporation--Good place to work
Sr. Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
I enjoyed my 3 years with Sysco Corporation. Benefits are great. I participated in health Insurance, 401K and Employee stock purchase program. Enjoyed working under my supervisor, he was very supportive of my work and ideas.
Very bad work environment.
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 10, 2015
Very badly managed company. Workload does not coincide with time frame needed.

Deadlines are not obtainable.

Co-workers create a bad work environment.

Company has AMAZING benefits package.

Great company to work for, Metro-NY is a bad location to work for.
Pros
benefits, free lunches
Cons
bad management, bad work environment
ability to utilize sales skill with restaurant background
Marketing Associate and District Manager, Charged (Former Employee) –  Falconer, NYDecember 4, 2015
Was able to participate in the day to day operation of over 30 restaurants, as far as menu design, food purchases and marketing. It afforded me the opportunity to be in the restaurant environment.
Pros
working with several restaurants assisting in their growth.
Cons
Territory was located 1 1/2 hours away.
Great information, constantly training, hardest part of the job contracts not being carried out
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Productive workplace with good work atmosphere
Night Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 2, 2015
A day usually consists of "batches that consist of either 50 to 200 plus products needing to be done in a timely fashion.
I learned to push myself to work harder to secure my job.
Management is excellent and really care's about every worker.
The hardest part of the job is having to keep a consistent pace.
The most enjoyable part is seeing your work through to the finish.
Pros
Free luches every Thursday
Cons
Not enough time to complete some batches
Technologicly outdated. Very little support
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2015
Sales six days a week. You are basically on your own. The majority of time is spent putting out fires. Problems with orders occur daily. Items out of stock, prices too high (compared to the competition), Items being left off the order, tech difficulties, drivers not showing up for work.
The people were nice. The training (8 weeks) was good, however, once the training is done there isn't much follow up. Its pretty much sink or swim.
Huge turnover rate/percentage for the sales team.
The money can be great if your lucky enough to be placed in a good area.
Pros
Company Stability
Cons
Disorganized.
This job will keep you busy
Night Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILNovember 30, 2015
You normally spend 10 hours a night working with little thanks. Lower management are all friends so not much room to move up.
Pros
no traffic at 4am
Cons
working 10-12hrs a day
Stable company, stable employment, very long hours
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2015
Most enjoyable part of job was working independently. Drove tractor trailer delivered food to customers. If i had any issues it was an open door policy with management. Everyone at the company was great to work with had no problems with coworkers. Hardest part was working in all weather conditions and very long hours 65 to 70 hours a week. Made great money just not much time at home.
great for a single person
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2015
Good company to work for with a lot of opportunities. Its a demanding position. Long hours and hard work. A person has potential to make money.
Pros
good location
Cons
a need to be effecient and be able to pull orders in short periods of time
Fast paced, Fun, nice people
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SBSNovember 18, 2015
Very busy fast paced environment. Sysco recognizes their employee's performance and production.I had the opportunity to learn the Applicant tracking system in the SBS department. The hardest part of the job is communicating with all Talent Acquisition Partners verifying we are all on the same page when Onboarding new hires
Pros
free snacks
Unorganized warehouse
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 17, 2015
I really did not want to leave Sysco, but the supervisors would not listen to the truck drivers of how the warehouse was loading trucks, waste of company time and driver's time. Every day I had to reload the truck to the route that was given to me and at times I changed my route to be more efficient on getting the merchandise to the customer on time or at a more convenient time for their business.