SYSCO Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced hard work good pay
Fozen night warehouse selector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 20, 2016
Long work day i learned the importance of working well with others to pay attention to detail and what i do my surrounding as well as others
Pros
good lunches good pay
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
Work culture and environment depends a lot on the team/group you work for or begin with. I had a very good learning curve.
Sysco
Supply Chain Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Its an okay company to work for if you are residing in Houston, TXif you want to work in the Foodservice industry. Benefits, flex time
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 19, 2016
Everyday at Sysco is a challenge your not sure how long the work day will be, My opinion our management doesn't communicate very well with employees. Overall it a good company but it's hard to have a home life.
Pros
Pays very well
Cons
Health care
poor managment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 18, 2016
Horrible Management. I had 5 different managers in two years. All from Verizon Warless and had no experience in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Cons
No Life poor pay and lack of respect cfor employees
Run run run!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sysco Los AngelesApril 17, 2016
Sysco will run you into the ground. At night you will get a call from the dispatcher between 8-9 p.m to find out your start time the next day. Most time they would want you in at 2-3 a.m so off the bat your running on low sleep. Clock in pick your route if your on the extra board and go out the door to get your tractor and hook up your trailer. Most routes average 10-16 stops and 550-1000 cases. Routes can average 10-15 hours. Got 3 zones of pallets dry, cooler, and freezer. Pallets will have 2-5 stops on each pallet so you will be breaking pallets down and organizating all day long!!!! Loads are always jacked up, falling over, and breakage galore. This job will work you all day everyday if they need you except sundays. Work all holidays except thanksgiving and christmas. Think hard before you apply here, if its worth the money and benafits and your willing go ahead, but of you have a family you like spending time with STAY AWAY! They dont care about your family, they want you in that truck when they need you and no excuses! Glad I left one of the worse jobs I had!
Pros
Great pay & benafits
Cons
Working holidays, weekends and no schedule and start times for new drivers
Good
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2016
Overall good company however the transportation department pays low. The warehouse area gets paid incentive based on production along with the drivers. Matches 401K by 6%, great health care options, 2 weeks paid time off, one week worth of sick days and time and half for over time and certain holidays.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
12 plus hour days some times 6 day work week
good for the money to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 12, 2016
good for the money to work for but you gonna work the whole day deliviring to restaurant, hospital, hotel and etc. the best part you enjoying about this job is dealing with costumer
Pros
always on overtime
Cons
paperwork always late 2-4hrs late
Work hard play hard
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 10, 2016
Work life balance is the biggest draw back. The pay is ok for the work you do. Can work any day or night without notice, on call 24/7 with customer needs.
great job
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 6, 2016
When i started with the company i was new to that end of the business and my manager took the time to work with me and train me to become what i did, buyer of the year after 2 years with the company some people had been there for over 20 years
Pros
good company
it is a good job
lumper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2016
once you learn the job it is a good job you can get ahead if you work hard try it out you have to load and unload trucks management will not be on your back alot
Great PAY but money isn't everything
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 5, 2016
Although I thoroughly enjoyed my job, co-workers, support staff, basically everything about the company, their overall agenda was not something that I cared to explore any further.

Just goes to show you that companies become profitable and worldwide corporations for a reason. At the end of the day, I wasn't convinced that the customer's was theirs.
Pros
Compensation, People, Enjoyed what I did
Cons
Only interested in being profitable
Challenging, supportive place to work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 5, 2016
Sysco is a very supportive company to work for. The training process was very good and informative. Before joining Sysco I was in beverage sales. It was very interesting to learn the food side of the business and the challenges my customers dealt with on a daily basis. Food sales is very competitive in New Orleans and I am fortunate to have many customers that I have dealt with for years. I have developed a trusting relationship with many of them. Because of my established relationships it was easy for me to move into a successful marketing associate position at Sysco
Pros
Planned my own day and schedule
Cons
100% commission
Very hard work at warehouse
Outbound Selector (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 5, 2016
Very Hard work. Warehouse job. Not very exciting. Working at Sysco Chicago is said to be some of the hardest work you will ever do, 90,000-100,000 cases a day, and understaffed, always. Everyone I talked to who worked previous warehouse gigs said that Sysco was the hardest
sysco food
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, CAApril 4, 2016
its jus work. its the same thing every night come in get prepared to work a 8 to 12 hour shift. and hope you get enough sleep to be prepared to do it all over again.
Pros
good pay
Cons
freezer work
Over 8 years as Java Developer
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 1, 2016
More than 8+ Years of experience in Web Application Development & Designing.
Proficiency in Java, J2EE and the latest frameworks like JSF, Oracle ADF components.
Extensive experience in developing various web based applications using Hibernate 3.0 and Spring frameworks.
Experience with WEB 2.0 technologies like Flex 3.0, DWR, Ajax and CSS 3.
Hands on experience on Alfresco 2.1 content repository.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to lead a team and keep them motivated.
Experience in working with IBM Websphere Portal/Application Server, BEA Web Logic, and Apache Tomcat5x application servers.
Sales driven environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 30, 2016
Sales are the lifeblood of the company. The products are commodity items and price is always an issue. Need to enjoy cold calling new businesses.
cashier
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2016
Working at whole foods. They give decent pay but management do not interact with any of the workers who they believe are beneath them. Managements such as the ASTL and also the STL do not communicate well with entry level workers. They are very picky and bias bout who they want to climb up the ladder. They communicate more on a friendlier level when it comes to who can work the longest and hardest. The customers was the hardest to deal with when working there if u don't bag there grocery correctly or if they feel that you don't communicate enough with them during there check out the customers will make a complaint and you will be one step close to getting fired.

DO NOT WORK AT WHOLE FOODS
Pros
raise every 6 months
Cons
you have to fill out a paper stating why you deserve a raise
productive workplace very good enviroment
Loader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2016
a typical work day consists of fast paced loading breaking down pallets and working as a team. Incentives were a plus on top of ur hourly wages.
Pros
incentive
Cons
overnight
Great Experience!
Night Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sysco AtlantaMarch 23, 2016
A lot of labor constantly non-stop and dangerous work environment at times. I learned how to order select properly and at a sufficient pace through 10-12 hours of work. Management had a lot of favoritisms towards people and towards the work load that they gave certain employees at the company. We got paid by percentage instead of Cases, what made it difficult and sometimes frustrating is no matter how many cases you stay or average a night it based on the percentage that's giving. The money you made is almost convincing to stay other than that Sysco was not the job for me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Benifits and health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9