SYSCO Employee Reviews

dont have anything
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 2, 2017
Work was unrealistic and management didn't make it seem doable.
Hours were extremely long like 12 hours a day. You get written up for not being at a certain percentage even though your working well over 60 hours in one week.
Big Company feel both good and bad
Business Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 2, 2017
Job stability and benefits are exactly what you would expect from a company this size. Very hard to get fired unless you do something really stupid or just don't show up. Insurance is good for the most part although Obamacare has increased premiums on healthcare.

As I said, working for Sysco give you that stable (adult) job feel, but you can't get that "stability" without the inevitable treatment that you are just another number on their payroll.

Hard work frequently gets overlooked because of endless layers of bureaucracy. If you work for the corporate office, you will likely never even meet the person who could increase your salary or otherwise reward your performance. So get used to your direct manager saying "I'll see what I can do for you" when it comes to advancing your career or your paycheck.
Pros
stability, decent benefits, located everywhere
Cons
hard to stand out, pay increases are minimal/non existant without a formal promotion
good place
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMarch 31, 2017
physical work keeps you busy makes your day go by fast. environment changes from cool, dry, freezer on where you will be working but overall good place good pay hours are decent
Pros
union
Cons
had to work nights
Tough job that compensates fairly.
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2017
It was an extremely tolling job, made more so by the overnight schedule. The job paid very well, but a certain level of job proficiency was expected very quickly. Would recommend for the pay, little else though.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 27, 2017
Visit current customers and create new customers.
Sales
Certain companies have huge challenges with management not all.
Relationships
Trips.
Hardest part of the job is Marketing Dept.
Growing company
Senior Commercial Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Company is growing fast and a typical day at work is never the same any given day. The culture of the company is quite engaging. There is work/life balance and a level of flexibility.

The systems/servers need to be updated to work smoothly with any amount of data retrieved.
Pros
Great Benefits!!
Cons
Difficult to move up.
Make your own hrs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 26, 2017
Wanted me to sell $35,000.00 a wk in the Hobbs area when the oil field was down It was a great opportunity ,make your own hrs. Got to meet a lot of people work with food Brokers to see all of the new products.
good place to work at
COMPUTER PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 25, 2017
acceptable workload, work schedule, some overtime as needed, good supportive helpful coworkers, good working environment, allowed for additional job training to enhance skillset
Great workplace environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2017
Awesome place to work. I enjoyed the company because they took really good care of their employees and the environment was always positive. Here, I learned to work fast and efficiently in a cold room environment.
Driver check in
Driver Check-In (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 23, 2017
Its literally impossible to do the thngs management wants in 8 hrs. They discourage ot for this position. You are responsible for temping cooler items, you have to check in and return, cooler, freezer and dry while weaving through the order selectors. It seems that every week they try to add a new task on you. Pay is 15 an hour but after insurance, its more like 12. There is only one other person working this position so if they call in sick, you will be expected to fill their shift which means youll be coming in at 9 or 10 am instead of your scheduled, 1 2 or 3 pm. Management needs alot of help because they have no direction. Its a good job if youre single and have no kids. This modesto faciility is always hiring because theyre always firing. I was let go for too much overtime
Pros
benefits, coworkers
Cons
The other Driver check in associate sucks, lack of guidance
Great work environment!
Receptionist/HR Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 23, 2017
Almost everyone there is welcoming and kind, from the union employees to the office employees. I was very lucky to be apart of such a big company. I would recommend this company.
Operations Manager, Nights (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2017
I like to work with a productive group of people. I learned many jobs at Sysco. The workplace culture was outstanding. I really enjoyed the great communication in management.
Pros
discounts on food
Great pay & Training
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 21, 2017
My only real complaint is the job culture. Sales is very cut throat to begin with, but why bring a bad attitude into to work place or around other colleges? Also, when you accept a job with Sysco, be prepared to drive A LOT! They do not cover gas or mileage for your day to day business (or phone). I just figured my taxes for 2016 and I drove 11,586 miles in 8 months. I suggest having a very fuel efficient car. This job is not for the faint of heart - be prepared to put up with loads of corporate meetings, angry managers and nasty competitive coworkers.
All in all, it was a great learning experience for my first corporate job.
Pros
Great benefits, learning experience, great pay
Cons
Bad company culture
Customer service, and delivery on demand.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
Delivering goods, and services in a timely manner. Meeting the needs of the customer's by providing products, and goods in great condition smiling
Productive and fun
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMarch 19, 2017
Loved working at Sysco foods. the best. I only lived 5minutes away from work so I love the travel time . the hours of service was great as well . Start time is at 2:30 a.m M-Sat. all Sundays off.
Awsome leadership fun safe work involvement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 17, 2017
Always had a blast at work never had conflict or problems is a great place to work long-term never had problem s friendly environment awesome bosses
Pros
Awsome break room
Cons
Nice break times
Excellent freedom and variety of workweek.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 17, 2017
Great company with excellent benefits but there is no trust with their determination of commissions paid. Autocratic. They will allow a new District Sales Manager to keep their position regardless of the fact that he is disliked by all his reports.
Pros
Best product line and services in the industry, great benefits.
Cons
No consistent basis to determine comissions from, Have reduced commissions as a % of sales consistently over the last decade.
good benefits and cukture
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
Calling on customers and prospects throughout a typical 7 hour workday. Manage any problems in an efficient manner. Suggest new products and services available. Make your own schedule for the most part.
terrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  louisville, kyMarch 16, 2017
management stunk and the routing was terrible. they cant keep people due to the work load and the lack of understanding. would never recommend Sysco to anyone
Misleading
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Somewhere southMarch 15, 2017
Poor management, this company wants too much from you and the compensation is not real good either you have to stand around for sometimes 3 hours per night just to make decent money. No real chance for advancement within unless you are a teachers pet. I did enjoy the people I worked with every night. Just done a lot of foot dragging to make a decent check.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
A lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9