SYSCO

SYSCO Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Credit Analyst/Get Paid Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Fun place to work with great management, benefits are incredible and very good family work life balance. Would recommend this company highly for employment
Sysco good for a start but not a place to stay
HRIS Systems Support analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2015
Sysco is not in sync with the modern world low pay and poor management do not help this company live up to its full potential.
Pros
work life balance is good
Cons
Raises are not with local standards
Hard Work For Real MEn
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLOctober 5, 2015
Never knew what you were going to get as a load/route differnet everyday but you learned something everyday. Great Company To Work for.
Fast paced, ever evolving and diverse workplace
Business Lead, IT Security Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
IT within Sysco is very fast paced and challenging, as they are always trying to stay on top using the newest technology available. There are many opportunities for advancement provided you have the right skill sets. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team members and colleagues.
Pros
great co-workers/diverse
Cons
using managed services offshore/difficult work/life balance management
Hard work but good money
Route Truck Driver - Temp (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2015
YOu get thru the class room, must unload trailer via handtruck of pallet, training is ok, you make good money but they are all about speed and efficency,. if your slow or take your time they will let you go. Overall the money is great there. they work in all weather, they dont care if its 16 inches of snow you must come in to work on time and expect to go out. zero tolerance.
Pros
union after 90 working days
Cons
zero torelence for lateness on deliveries, working in all weather
Productive and fun enviornment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 30, 2015
Management was not secure. During my tenure I've had 5 managers, not productive considering each manager was learning and had no experience dealing with current IT changes as well as policy changes.
Pros
B2B, worked primarily independently
Cons
poor management, lofty expectations
Change
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
If your considering Sysco Corporation as your next move you should consider that this is an ever changing organization. Opportunities for learning are good and trending better. Advancement opportunities are available but dependent on pedigree, perception, exposure, and performance.
Pros
Professional work environment
...
Lead Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2015
Potential to personally grow and develop your career, Flexible work schedule, Friendly environment and culture, Online Certification and learning opportunities available.
Productive and Helpful
BTSS Intern - IT (Former Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 26, 2015
Great environment and culture. Management and co workers were helpful to work with. Willing to support both in work and outside the work.
Don't waste your time with this company!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, Long Island NYSeptember 25, 2015
This place is like a puppy mill. Capitalism at its best. Poor management and lock of trucking experience is very visible at every corner of the business model. If you are a Pro-Trucker who takes pride in being safe and DOT compliant this is not for you. However, if you are a new driver and have limited experience than it might work. It might work not because it is a good job but you don't know enough to know. This was my shortest employment. They will make you sign bunch of papers about safety and make you take safety programs to cover their rear. They will do anything and everything to make you work faster. They won't do anything about the unsafe delivery locations and still be evasive to cover their rear if something happens to you. I also see some positive reviews here about the company. They must be from fake accounts. Very high turn around within CDL-A drivers.
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Front Royal VaSeptember 21, 2015
I worked a Sysco since April 2005. I loved the environment. My co-workers were patient and management was very involved in helping the workers to be successful. I love to be a team player so always volunteered to help others when I was not busy. My days seemed to go by pretty fast because I always stayed busy and always stayed on task. The hardest part of my job in the beginning was learning the systems. The most enjoyable part of my job were the cookouts in the summer. I was flexible and volunteered to work overtime or stayed after hours to make sure the job was done.
Pros
free coffee, tea(i love tea)
Cons
costly healthcare insurance
Former IT Employee at Sysco Corporate
Business Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  BarabooSeptember 19, 2015
I worked at Sysco for almost a year and during the time found the Office culture to be very good, however, the upper management at Sysco Corporate for IT is out of tune with their employees. While the benefits and compensation is good, the work life balance is horrible and when you start in a job there, you are setup for failure. Adding to that, I was also cheated out of one week's pay by Sysco.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management mentality, HR does not work with you to resolve issues.
Work place where driver can deliver with less customer contact
Class A Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 18, 2015
I am a very great delivery driver but to be honest i believe id like to work for a company where we could make the deliver and let the sales dept deal with any issues that might come about with customer. Unfortunately company's that deliver when customer is present usually takes everything out on the driver. Drivers can not control mistakes made by warehouse or sales but have to resolve there errors and listen to the customer which takes time from the route and put other devilries pending behind schedule. The thought of working for a union was a positive thing for me after working for the company it is the reason why co workers don not work together because everyone is too prideful about there senority they dont allow new comers to be comfortable. I like to concentrate on my job and i am not very talkitive sometimes people might take that as a bad attitude but when i come to work its time to work and not there to be the most like or whatever.
Pros
great pay
Cons
take alot out of my check
Good work enviroment, well paid
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2015
It was always busy and fast pace. Enjoyed working for this company. Benefits, management ad salaries were great. The hardest part of the job was working nights, but was compensated with my salary.
Pros
Loved my job
Very strenious work.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZSeptember 11, 2015
Wouldnt want to work for sysco again. in the arizona location, the heat was pretty rough and there was a huge change going on with the us foods merger. once the merger didnt go through, alot of lay offs happened.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else.
Great People and Great Management
Produce Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Sysco. The opportunity for growth is tremendous and people are very friendly. Management really cares about the growth of you as a person and with the company.
Pros
Pay, People, free lunch, cafeteria
Cons
loud
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. The benefits were outstanding .The pay was good commensurate with the work.
Productive and fun work place.
VRT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Typical day at work would be come in check my emails for request to release product back to vendors. I would then schedule appointments for pick up.
Pros
Work friendly envoironment
Extremely competitive environment.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 4, 2015
Not the greatest place. You are typically just a number and can be easily replaced. Extremely competitive. Top down management style.
Sysco
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 2, 2015
I started as a selector at SYSCO and was able to widen my horizons by growing my knowledge as well as my career with SYSCO. By the time I left SYSCO I had been promoted to VP of Operations
Pros
People, management, ablitiy to addvance
Cons
good old boys mantality in upper management