SYSCO Employee Reviews

I recommend Sysco as a long-term place to work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2017
Sysco provides decent benefits, competitive with other national companies. They pay fairly for most roles that I am familiar with. Culture varies from group to group (department to department). I am fortunate to work with a great group of folks currently although I have worked in other areas that overwork you and under appreciate your efforts. Career advancement can be tricky. It works for some, but the requirements are definitely set differently for each individual. Your network (who you know) is far more important than the work you put in or the experiences and capabilities you may have.
Company changed atmosphere over the years but still good company
Night Warehouse Clerk/Manager Asst (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 26, 2017
Originally over 15 years ago this was a great relaxed place to work. After change up in management from the high end on down to lower ranks it became more intense environment in being strictly about work and money. There was more money to be made which required a lot more efficient work processes.
Pros
Great international company
Cons
Company removed the pension plan in 2012
Unless you are a politician don't do it!
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZAugust 25, 2017
I have never experienced the political infighting that I witnessed in this organization anywhere including the military. Other department heads will appear cordial until you can't deliver something that they feel is a priority regardless of cost, feasibility and current regulations. Do NOT turn your back as there could be something sticking out of it!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
operational politics, work life balance
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 24, 2017
it was a very productive job which I enjoyed working for several of years however, being that my wife is in the military I had to quit and relocate since she has to PCS.
great flow of traffic, fast paced environment good experience
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2017
Good experience for individuals who do not mind a climate control atmospheres. The workplace and facilities are good for the flow of traffic so they can maintain a balanced work safety environment.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate/Regional Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2017
Procedures and changing management made things difficult to feel secure. Sales force during this time period had many changes thrown at them that had negative outcomes for customers.
Pros
Relationships with customers
Cons
New management in short period
Distribution
Chief Financial Officer - Northeast Market (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2017
Not exciting, but a solid company. Changing management has made it not the same company it was built on. Sound company, but hard to see where opportunity is.
Pros
stability
Cons
Changing Management
It was a great experience
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 19, 2017
Some of the best training avalable in the industry.Probably tghe most valuable thin I got \from the job. Unfortunately they are being run by stockholdes and are killing off the salesperson ebecause of profits. There making not fun anymore.
Pros
fun
Cons
sucked
This is a great company to work for
Forklift operator/Case picker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
this was a great job to be apart of. I worked a lot of hours in a fast passed environment with great wages and benefits. As long as you did your job there was no problems with management. My co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable about the day to day grind of the job. I enjoyed coming in everyday and looked forward to the day to day grind of what the job had to offer. I got a better understanding of time management and how to communicate better with my co-workers
Pros
competive pay and great benifits
Cons
work sometimes became slow
Stagnant
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 17, 2017
This was a good place for me to come and learn the basics of my job. The people where great and the management was ok. The only thing I didn't like was the fact they would work you half way to death and they outsourced almost all the positions that would pay well.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
No advancement

Want to know more about SYSCO?

Ask a question
Great co-workers and supervisors.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 17, 2017
A good place to work. Good people to work with and good management. Time went fast in a typical 8 hr. Day. Good pay and benefits. Company events were held throughout the year for employees and their families.
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
Had to be there in the worst of weather.
Great Compensation
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 17, 2017
Sysco is a great place to work but there was not much job security there. I would encourage Marketing people to apply.

The compensation and benefits are really competitive.
Fun company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
My experience with Sysco was a positive experience, in my opinion Sysco has the largest inventory and product line to offer customers. The best foodservice company in the USA.
Pros
Great management and support specialist
Good Job
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Good company overall, management is good, corporate goals are extremely high and there is continuous pressure to meet numbers. Very stressful at times
Little to no room for advancement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
Sysco Memphis was not founded on the basis of inclusion. The sales force is comprised of 4 minorities out of 367. All decisions within the company are based on "like-ability" rather than are you qualified for the job. HR Dept is a complete joke and lack the competence to be engage with the employees. Cohesiveness and trust are obsolete within the company. The overall culture of the company is a antiquated and unproductive.
Pros
Frequent free meals, stock package, 401k
Cons
Lack of leadership, little to no managerial training, no room for advancement
You work for the pay!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 16, 2017
Great company for benefits but the pay is low for the work you do! Loads are almost always messed up as loaders and pickers bury products under multiple cases so you handle the cases multiple times before they can be delivered.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours, loads more often than not are horrible, poor inventory equipment
Very fast paced..hot!
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLAugust 15, 2017
This is definitely a younger person's place to work , long hours and very strenuous on the body.the pay scale is fantastic you'll make good money by if you hustle!
Competitive environment with opportunities to grow professionally.
Distributor Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Sysco is a competitive workplace with opportunities to advance and contribute to a dynamic organization. Great internal support and tools / resources to help business owners grow and differentiate their businesses.
Good place to work and pay is great if you are a selector.
Outbound Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WIAugust 14, 2017
If you are a selector you can make great money. I was told when I took the clerk position I would get quarterly reviews amd a yearly raise. Due to management dropping the ball, I worked my butt off the last year gor nothing as I found out that since they jave not given me my reviews, I am not eligable for a raise until next fiscal year.
Na
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2017
I worked for this company for one year. The company is extremely using. They paid great and offered wonderful benefits. The management of the company is very unusual and not inviting for a long term position.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.