SYSCO Employee Reviews in United States

Large corporation that is very successful throughout the US
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2016
My position was created to develop school business. I didn't have a job description and the goal was to secure school bids. I was able to secure 20, which was double the goal. It was a great learning experience, but we didn't have much success. Once the business was secured we weren't able to coordinate all of the departments in time to satisfy the schools as far as delivery time, commodity draw down, inventory, marketing, merchandising, pricing, billing and customer service. Our website wasn't user friendly either. We were in the midst of a merger and consequently my position was eliminated.
Pros
Large company with proven success
Cons
No experience in school business and not equipped to handle
Very proffesional company but lacks communication
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 18, 2016
This company was very professional but to large . they treated the drivers like a number rather than a functioning part of the company
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Lack of communication
great company if you are a guy
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 15, 2016
I loved this company, but if you are a woman, beware, as management is not very supportive of their female workforce. Must have a thick skin to deal with the office politics.
Sysco Houston - Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2016
Nice people and are very goal oriented. Communication with each department is mandatory. Problem solving skills is a must. Management always take care of the employees
stressful and degrading on long Island.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYMarch 10, 2016
The worst place I've ever worked for...they tell you what you want to hear in the beginning to get you in. .then slowly start to show you the true meaning of the word SYSCO....Sell Your Soul CO..inc..they will work you like a horse. .yeah and they have their favorites running around ..they are the company eye's and ears. . Watch out! Don't let them fool you...they ruined a lot of lives with their lies. .
Pros
there are none.
Cons
self explanatory
seek other
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2016
to many hours. not for the person with a family. management is no good. they will promise you the world to get you in, then when you start you get none which was promised
Pros
lots of hours, job security
Cons
lots of hours
bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 9, 2016
they force driver work if you not in union and if you do your work
good then they give you more to do
trasportation can not route truck ,
loaders can not load trucks
it just joke to work
they make you to quite then they put smile on they faces not recomend
Poor Management / Too many Salesman
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaMarch 9, 2016
Sysco is the largest food distributor in the world. However they have a very small market share in the Western, Pa / Pittsburgh market. They have been trying for years to gain market share and have gone about it all wrong. Instead of letting Marketing Associates build relationships in the area they hire too many sales people and they are literally tripping over one another. (They have 100 but only need about 50). Sysco Pittsburgh has been doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result and accounts are passed around far too much for anyone to really do well. If you are looking for a stability and the opportunity to build a nice book of business I'd apply elsewhere.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor management and too many sales people in the market.
Harsh environment, and strict hours
Industrial Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 8, 2016
- A typical Day of work consisted of have a standard each day to meet, and routine work habits.
-The best part of working at Sysco, was the people I worked with, and the benefits.
-The only thing I think they could have done differently is treated their employees respectfully.
_Also, I was put into a position where I would need to work 40-50 hours a week sometimes going until 6am. Then trying to go to school for 20-30 hours a week. I was getting drained in every area of my life, and Sysco wouldn't change.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, supervisors that don't care, and forced schedule
Productive and fun to work at.
Profit Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78132March 8, 2016
Excellent work benefits. Great people to work with. Very professional and at the same time family oriented. Hardest part of the job was when I decided to move back to the Valley.
Pros
Company lunches.
Cons
Short breaks.
A day a Sysco
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMarch 3, 2016
a typical day involves bundling up under at least 2 layers of clothing. I have learned that I can do anything because I was not certain that I would ever be this good on a reach truck. The managment so far are very pleasent to work for. The worst part of my day is dealing with the -5 degree tamperature. It is very difficult to work when my fingers are frozen.
Hard work No life!!!!!
Special Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  sysco jacksonvilleMarch 3, 2016
Stay away from this company. Management will work you to death and stab you in your back over any reason. This company was the worst experience of my life. They will terminate you if you sneeze wrong. Different driver's come in and go out by the boat load at least three times a week. STAY AWAY!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
It is great experience to work with Sysco
VMware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
It is one of the best fastest growing company in USA. The work environment of the company is very good. People feel proud to be part of the company as company provides full support to their employees in professional front it has many branches across the world. So I have good opportunity to show my talent.
Professional employee centric company
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 26, 2016
Due to industry norms the work day is long and fast-paced. I learned to adapt to change and be a innovative manager. Upper management was supportive, and encouraged growth when available. The office environment was light but filled will hard working motivated employees that want the success of all. The hardest part of the job was the heavy work load but the company supported a balance between work and life and that made the demand less of a burden, I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
good management, good benefits, stable company
Cons
heavy work load, long hours
Good environment. Enjoyed working there.
Project Coordinator, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Sysco is very fair to contractors. They permit us to participate in functions as well as provide a very comfortable work space.
Pros
Lots of them
Cons
Facility is all on one floor, so long spans of working between departments.
good benefits
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 20, 2016
great benefits learned a lot of different jobs,received a lot of experience from them.
upper management does not have the experience needed to perform their jobs properly.
benefits
Cons
upper management
Great company in need of NEW MANAGEMENT
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Sysco company as well as sysco products are excellent , I am a current delivery driver in NY and routes are easy . My job could be done in less than 10 hours but the problem is the force you to work on the weekends if you do lot meet DOT hours . Dispatchers are clueless and rude and management don't care about employees in all honestly, this company could be great and one of the best to be honest but this administration needs to be replace .
Pros
great salary great stops
Cons
very poor managemet and no cooperative
Hard Work- Order Selector
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Sysco was the hardest job I have ever had. 9-12 hrs of selecting food items and building 6 foot pallets out of them. My body just didn't cooperate with the work. Had I have found this job 10 years ago, I could have made it happen.
As a company, they are on the cutting edge. They spend top dollar to advance their technology and drive to be the best.
Management is a bunch of good guys who are driven and hold their workers to high expectations.
Life to work balance? Not good for me. Mandatory 6 days and my body was so messed up after working that I needed all the time to compensate for the work. Just wasn't a good fit for me.
Compensation? They pay really well and have full benefits included in their union dues.
It's a great business, just wasn't right for me.
Not a good place
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Management was not good they let co-workers bully. This was the worst place by far that I have ever worked. No breaks long days 10 to 12 hours.
Pros
FREE FOOD ONCE A MONTH
Cons
NO BREAKS
Good job security
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 10, 2016
Overall decent job with full benefits and opportunity to get overtime. Working nights gives chance for daytime progress.