SYSCO Employee Reviews

Terrible Culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2016
Union contract is very company biased. Union policies are more strict and anti-driver than company policies. Supervisors etc..are difficult and unresponsive to concerns. Co-workers are lazy and non professional.
Pros
Good benefits, wages
Cons
Union Contract
Productive Enviroment...
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 14, 2016
Participated in project budget planning and development.
 Developed and maintained alert system for upcoming deadlines on incoming/outgoing requests, projects,
and events.
 Provided advice to participants by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and
preparing reports.
 Ensured all requested inventory were shipped and received in a timely and accurate manner
Cons
contract
Fun young guys job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 13, 2016
Liked working there.great experience for a young guy .fun working on different cars. Fast pace work enviorment and fun people to be around
Temporary assignment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 11, 2016
Three months assignment, good team environment crew. Well maintained warehouse. Lots of heavy lifting building three orders for companies on a three pallet stand up fork lift electric pallet jack.
Pros
Pay an team orientated environment
Cons
Timed work environment
Great company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 11, 2016
Decrease salaries poor supervision on making decisions on problems. Very unsafe stops management listen but want make changes
Supervisor
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg VirginiaDecember 10, 2016
My current supervisor is trying to get with my ex wife and he is telling all kinds o things about me. I like that place and he is making it bad for me
Not a predictable company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 7, 2016
Never know when your are going to work until the night before. Might start work anywhere between 0200-0600. But are unsure untill 1900 the day prior. Forget about lunch breaks, those are only taken while driving from one location to another.
Pros
People you work with are wonderful.
Cons
Sleep is for when your dead!
The selling you on lies
Outbound Selector (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 5, 2016
Had its moments but really unfair company.. Pay is the only positive.. you have some selectors putting in certain batches.. heavily understaffed your forced to load every night and the seniority is a joke. HR is friends with certain selectors so some people have it way easier than other. I wouldn't recommend this job honestly more stress than there worth.. you have lazy coworkers in dry who don't really want to work until freezer & cooler selectors help them.. they have people in positions that aren't even qualified for the position.. it's a job but yet a high school environment. Never seen so many grown men tell on each other.. look else where terrible job I promise you
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management / favoritism / discrimination
Work here if you hate your family
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2016
Once you are hired by Sysco they care about one thing, and one thing only....getting the groceries delivered to the customer. Your personal life does not matter.
Being routed out for 13.5 hours a day is an everyday occurrence. The warehouse constantly loads your truck wrong and you dig for product which makes your day even longer. Having to move product 3 and 4 times wastes your time. Mention it to management and they just nod their heads and the same mistakes are made over and over again.
You will make a boatload of money, but your life becomes Sysco's. The transportation director and his supervisors could care less what problems you encounter throughout the day as long as you deliver the groceries. I advise you to seek other employment as this is a horrible place to try and have a harmonious balance of work/family life.
The best day of my life was the day that I walked out the door. Good benefits and pay, but the things that you have to give up are not worth it.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Unnecessary stress brought on by bad managers
routine
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2016
inconsistant hours. highly stressful.
as an order selector, had to maintain high level of speed of processing orders.
as an forklift operator more comfortable
Pros
benefits/ income
Cons
safety/ injuries
A good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 27, 2016
A good place to work. Good pay. Great work environment. Great work hours. Good management. Great co-workers. Hardest part of job is some of the places you have to deliver. Most enjoyable part is the pay.
Employee friendly
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 26, 2016
Month-end is busy and can be stressful. Sysco does offer growth personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization.
Pros
Too many changes
great company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 23, 2016
great company to work for. they take care of their employees, they appreciate hard work and compensate you for it. I worked in the warehouse and it is very clean and organized.they have excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around within the company. they have plenty of perks and extras you can get with just a little bit of extra effort , theres always free stuff being handed out, the people are cool It really is a good one to work for unfortunately I found it while I was in the back stretch of getting my welding certificates so I decided against staying but I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into warehousing.
Pros
no shortage of work, people always need food
The Job Paid OK, but the Management was terrible.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKNovember 22, 2016
There was very little communication, hardly any credible organization of the tasks at hand and most of the drivers were ignorant idiots.
good money, good company
Night Picker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILNovember 21, 2016
I was a night picker, got paid decent money, but was required to work long hours. if you are young and maybe not sure what you want to do in life this might be a good job for you
Overwhelming. No Training
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2016
Was a temp for 2 months. Was trained for 1 day. Busted my butt for the time I was there. Worked 10 hour days. The first two weeks were great. Co-Workers super friendly then week three hit and the cattyness began. Micro managed by fellow employee who was not a supervisor. They stood over me while waiting for me to finish my tasks. Would go through my desk and just take stuff without letting me know or leaving a note so I wasted time looking for work that I thought I had misplaced. Was ultimately let go do to not completing a function of my job that I was never trained on.
Nice money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2016
It's hard work but you make real good money as long as you don't mind working for it. You get home most the time unless they stick u on a over night. So if you have young kids you want be with them every night.
sysco
ma (Current Employee) –  Plympton, MANovember 15, 2016
not possible to balance work life. Great potential to much is asked fwith a poor manager to lead. my experince with the company is poor but due to my manager and not the over all company
Great Money as a driver!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 13, 2016
You will make lots of money as a driver for sysco working 50-60 hours a week 12-14 hours a day. It is extremely hard and stressful so you will need thick skin to succeed. It can be done but its certainly not for everyone.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours hard work
Worst place to work for a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 11, 2016
Terrible place to work,15 yrs and got absolutely no respect.Nothing but a pack mule.Brown nose management did not stand behind drivers,did not properly maintain equipment,constantly cutting pay,hours,benefits while expecting more and more from drivers everyday.This place will destroy your body because of the amount of unnecessary work you have to do because of the totally fouled up way they do things.Do yourself a favor and RUN as fast as you can away from this company!
Pros
Cons
Lousy hours, management, equipment, backbreaking, working conditions, company expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.