SYSCO Employee Reviews

Found 1,147 reviews matching the search
Great company
Selector (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 15, 2017
I gained alot of experience during my tenure at sysco. I met alot of great people and learned the true meaning of being committed and being a team. Kc
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Tough work
Hard work
Outbound Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2017
Can be very hard work, but good people! Lots of opportunities for promotions from within. Good job for someone who wants to have a long career and possibly retire.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJuly 14, 2017
Good company to work for..great benefits and salary. Coworkers and managers were friendly and explained job detail to its fullest. Training was beneficial.
Data Service Specialist
Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 14, 2017
Typical day would be to clock in on time, start working requests in the domain assigned, go to 9am meeting, then continue to work requests. It is very routine and not much change. In order to stay in game, you must be best friends with management or get the boot.
good money
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 14, 2017
good money hard work freindly atmosphere ok supervisors human resources are pretty good at handling things like vacations sick time the work is very hard
Pros
good money
Cons
very hard work
Food
Sales Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plympton, MAJuly 14, 2017
To secure a long-term position within an organization in which my talents can be used to attain our mutual goals.

Never a trypical day in food service
working environment
Marketing Associate, Culinary Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2017
Great Experience, highly motivating work, extremely competitive. I'd recommend working for Sysco, just make sure you fully understand the what they expect of you. Weigh that against your personal life and forget your personal life and that's your answer.
Pros
The money can be good
Cons
To much turn over that our customer base didn't want to work with sysco associates.
good company
Sr. Manager, Freight Expense and Cargo Clams (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
great place to work , nice and smart people around. great direction provided by the management. Changes happened everyday. Very promising to work in the company
An ok work place
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work can vary during the summer , when in season things get very crazy .Mangement doesn't respect their employees.
Upper Management putting anyone in positions that they don't know nothing about .Hardest part about the job is working in the heat,rain thunder lighting ect . they still wanted us to deliver product to the customers.The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a bond with customers
Pros
get to travel to different places and deliver, great Benefits ect.
Cons
Management sucks doesn't care about employee
Hard work very good pay
COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 11, 2017
good place to work good supervisor and management
the hardest part of the job is overtime overtime if you can't work overtime the job is not for you.....
Sysco foods has good benefits
Forklift Operator/Selector/Sanitation/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2017
The benefits are great. the days are long and I miss out on a lot of my personal life because of the hours. The employees are great and I had a pretty understanding boss
sysco
Sales & Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2017
Sysco is an average place to work at. People are friendly, competition is heavy. Not much teamwork. Go through a 7 week training program. Need to pay attention.
warehouse work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJuly 9, 2017
great pay great place to work very demanding so if you do not mind spending most of your day there then this is the place for you great people to work with
Great
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 8, 2017
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot in my work career here. Only reason for leaving was a better job offer. I would recommend this company.
Sysco is a terrific place to work for dedicated individuals
Travel & Expense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
The best part of Sysco is the other personnel. This is a terrific group of people to work with and since I was always on the "customer support" side you get to know personalities very quickly and whether or not you can tolerate them.
Training
Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 6, 2017
Having a suitable individual that is capable of, willing to train, develop, and motivate other team members, in any given department, is what is required to separate your business from others.

Team Members need someone they can trust, believe in, and know that a fair view in given regardless of the situation, and that all avenues will be of utmost importance and considered in every decision that is made.
Pros
High Expectation
Cons
High Expectation
n/a
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2017
Over the past decade Sysco has made great strides to evolve into the #1 Foodservice distributor in the world. The direction is solid and will keep growing as a world leader.
Good pay and management, but the job wasn't for me
Outbound Selector (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 6, 2017
It was really hard work which is fine with me and I did good throughout my training period, but once it came time to meet the 100% rate I just couldn't get into the rhythm. Some people did really good at selecting, but the work and third shift hours just were not for me.
Pros
Paid 15 min. breaks
Cons
long hours, 3rd shift
Strong company to work for
Transportation/Fleet/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
Good company to work for. Big company that invests back I to itself. New equipment to work with. All the newest technology. Work is very steady. Tough part is working most holidays.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Holidays ans weekends
Works you to death
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
They work you harder then you are expecting but they have no problem paying you for it
Very patient with new drivers
Extremely hard to get a good route because it's based on seniority and some of those guys have been there for 30+ years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSCO. Our community is ready to answer.