Sysmex

Sysmex Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
District Service Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 22, 2014
Good company to work for with significant marketshare and innovative products
Sysmex
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: they throw a good party
Cons: they'll throw the employ under the bus to cover management and engineering mistakes
Over all Sysmex is a good company with a lot of good people. I loved working with my customers

* A typical work day in the Los Angeles area is 4-8 hrs of driving, 2-4 hrs working on equipment, then a couple of hours of documentation.

* I learned a lot about hematology and how the laboratories work. The equipment used to analyze your blood samples when you go to the doctor are built using the same devices and methods as the equipment used to manufacture semiconductors. Just a different arrangement for a different process.

* Management is for management with Sysmex. Anything else to say about it would only sound like a disgruntled employ and that I am not. Just a disappointed one.

* My direct co workers were some of the most talented technicians I've had the pleasure of working with. Outstanding, and very sharp people.

* The hardest part of the job is work/life balance. Field Service has 3 full time jobs with Sysmex. 1 full time job simply driving or flying from lab to lab correcting problematic equipment, a second full time job trying to keep up with documenting all of that driving/work, and a 3rd full time job trying to make all the online presentations and extra curricular requirements that come to your email on nearly and hourly bases from the home office. They need to work on that in a bad way,

* The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. They are over worked with unreasonable expectations and stressed very badly because of these expectations when their equipment goes down . It was always a wonderful feeling when I arrived at the lab. I felt like "Norm" when he walked into Cheers. And then of course it was always a "day maker" for me when I was finished replacing the broken parts and give them back the ability to do their jobs. Any time you go to a doctor or emergency room and they test anything about your body's system stop and say a "thank you" to the unseen and unknown lab tech. They deserve it.
An exceptional company to work for!
Manager of Customer Service and Collections (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILAugust 14, 2014
The Sysmex culture is guided by the principle that all of their associates are a part of making the organization a success. They are governed by the "Sysmex Way" which binds them together like no other company I have been affiliated with has done. The environment is friendly and the collaboration between departments as well as individuals is second to none. I wholeheartedly endorse working for this fine organization.
Good Work Life Balance and Employee Benefits
Sales Support Contract Analyst II (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 21, 2014
Sysmex is a good place to work as far as how they treat their employees with work life balance. They offer good benefits and 401K package. Many small perks provided. They are a family oriented company and everyone knows everyone who works there. The new building in Lincolnshire is beautiful. Growing company so many job opportunities for employees.
Productive work environment
Interface Engineer (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 2, 2014
Team player environment.
Advancement opportunities...promote within opportunities
Still good benefits
Great place to learn new things
Lead Contract Analyst/Finance Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMarch 17, 2014
Opportunities to grow are available and room to grow is limited. Pay and benefits are good.
They own you
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Linconshire, ILJune 14, 2013
Pros: compnay car
Cons: absolutely now work life balance. managers don't care about your well being at all, and you are expected to be on the clock constantly.
If you are a service rep for Sysmex, they own you and your life is no longer in your hands. They expect you to work around the clock and do not give you a break.
Culture changing
NA (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 30, 2013
Strong product line. Excellent staff. Growth is challenging and changing core culture.
Sysmex is a hematology company that has had acceptional growth since I joined almost ten years ago in 2003.
Sales Support Contract Analyst II (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, IllinoisMarch 7, 2013
Sysmex is very family oriented company to work for. Our corporate office is located in Kobe, Japan. They are very committed to strong Sysmex Values and are very customer driven. With the rapid growth in the company we have hired alot of new management and created alot of new job opportunities. In August 2012 we moved to our new building in Lincolnshire, Illinois since we out grew the other building in Mundelein. Since we have grown we have a very good Benifits package. I would highly recommend Sysmex as a company to work for in your in the Chicago area or a remote employment.
Nice people and fun place to work with
Accounts Payable specialist (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJanuary 30, 2013
As an accounts payable specialist, a typical day at Sysmex America, Inc.I came in, I checked my voice-mail and email then responded those voice-mails and emails regarding A/P issues. I reviewed invoices as well as check requests; sorted, organized and matched bills and check demands; set invoices up for payment procedure ;check requests; put together and process company accounts payable checks, wire exchanges and ACH obligations; reconciliation of obligations; prepare analysis associated with accounts; monitored company accounts to ensure payments to be up to date; resolved bill discrepancies; vendor document maintenance; corresponded along with vendors and reacted to inquiries;
I learned different functions of accounting soft-ware; I was a team player and worked well with my co-workers.
Prefer not to review
PM, Technical Service Education and Development (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJanuary 11, 2013
My staff was great. Most difficult was the 24x7 responsibilities prior to hiring two Supervisors
Dynamic
Controller/Director of Accounting (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILJuly 7, 2012
Pros: medical benefits were fair
Having worked there 5 years it was a dynamic organization but executive management was not always forthright with employees

About Sysmex

Sysmex Corporation, based in Kobe, Japan, is a world leader in clinical laboratory testing of blood, urine and other specimens, – Read more