Manager Distributor Sales (Current Employee) – Boston, MA – April 6, 2016
Growing company with many in-house and field-based opportunities. Small-company feel, but silos between departments are growing along with the company's growing pains. Company rewards employees who dedicate themselves to their position and go the extra mile. Work-life balance is increasingly difficult.
Service Engineer I (Current Employee) – Ohio – June 12, 2016
Travel to healthcare providers around Ohio and repair and/or maintain their Laboratory Hematology instruments. I learned some of the best technology that there is out there. For the most part this is a individual job and you only know coworkers by over the phone. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand to get the customer back up and running again. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I fix an instrument for a customer and get the personal satisfaction and gratitude from them.
Sysmex is a hematology company that has had acceptional growth since I joined almost ten years ago in 2003.
Sales Support Contract Analyst II (Current Employee) – Lincolnshire, Illinois – March 7, 2013
Sysmex is very family oriented company to work for. Our corporate office is located in Kobe, Japan. They are very committed to strong Sysmex Values and are very customer driven. With the rapid growth in the company we have hired alot of new management and created alot of new job opportunities. In August 2012 we moved to our new building in Lincolnshire, Illinois since we out grew the other building in Mundelein. Since we have grown we have a very good Benifits package. I would highly recommend Sysmex as a company to work for in your in the Chicago area or a remote employment.
Technical Assistance Center Representative (Current Employee) – Lincolnshire, IL – May 28, 2015
This company has a great future because they hire the right people. The co-workers are amazing, and the management is very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with intelligent individuals who possess the knowledge of our products that I also wish to absorb.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) – Lincolnshire,IL – June 23, 2015
I am always looking for way to improve process as well as day to challenges. I am very pride to share my co workers always, try and get me to learn any new software techniques so that I can bring it back and teach vs upper management.
Sales Support Contract Analyst II (Former Employee) – Lincolnshire, IL – May 21, 2014
Sysmex is a good place to work as far as how they treat their employees with work life balance. They offer good benefits and 401K package. Many small perks provided. They are a family oriented company and everyone knows everyone who works there. The new building in Lincolnshire is beautiful. Growing company so many job opportunities for employees.
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) – Greater PHiladelphia Area – March 29, 2015
Incredibly caring business philosophy focuses on customer satisfaction and quality products. Management team is very focused on goals but laid back and very easy to communicate with. The products manufactured by Sysmex are the highest quality and require minimal servicing.
Business philosophy focused on customers and patient care
Manager of Customer Service and Collections (Former Employee) – Lincolnshire, IL – August 14, 2014
The Sysmex culture is guided by the principle that all of their associates are a part of making the organization a success. They are governed by the "Sysmex Way" which binds them together like no other company I have been affiliated with has done. The environment is friendly and the collaboration between departments as well as individuals is second to none. I wholeheartedly endorse working for this fine organization.
Market Research Assistant (Current Employee) – Lincolnshire, IL – March 30, 2015
Great company, lots of little perks of working here. Everyone is nice no room for entry level positions. Doesn't seem like they promote from within because they are looking for a lot of top level positions.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) – Albany, NY – April 12, 2015
Your experience is circumstantial based on your location. My days were long - half of it was spent on the road. On average I'd drive 800 miles a week. Servicing the equipment was ok, information was easily accessible - good support system.
It is impossible to make / keep plans throughout the week. Your social life will take a hit.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) – Los Angeles, CA – November 14, 2014
Over all Sysmex is a good company with a lot of good people. I loved working with my customers
* A typical work day in the Los Angeles area is 4-8 hrs of driving, 2-4 hrs working on equipment, then a couple of hours of documentation.
* I learned a lot about hematology and how the laboratories work. The equipment used to analyze your blood samples when you go to the doctor are built using the same devices and methods as the equipment used to manufacture semiconductors. Just a different arrangement for a different process.
* Management is for management with Sysmex. Anything else to say about it would only sound like a disgruntled employ and that I am not. Just a disappointed one.
* My direct co workers were some of the most talented technicians I've had the pleasure of working with. Outstanding, and very sharp people.
* The hardest part of the job is work/life balance. Field Service has 3 full time jobs with Sysmex. 1 full time job simply driving or flying from lab to lab correcting problematic equipment, a second full time job trying to keep up with documenting all of that driving/work, and a 3rd full time job trying to make all the online presentations and extra curricular requirements that come to your email on nearly and hourly bases from the home office. They need to work on that in a bad way,
* The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. They are over worked with unreasonable expectations and stressed very badly because of these expectations when their equipment goes down . It was always a wonderful feeling when I arrived at the lab. I felt like "Norm" whenmore... he walked into Cheers. And then of course it was always a "day maker" for me when I was finished replacing the broken parts and give them back the ability to do their jobs. Any time you go to a doctor or emergency room and they test anything about your body's system stop and say a "thank you" to the unseen and unknown lab tech. They deserve it.less
they throw a good party
they'll throw the employ under the bus to cover management and engineering mistakes
Accounts Payable specialist (Former Employee) – Mundelein, IL – January 30, 2013
As an accounts payable specialist, a typical day at Sysmex America, Inc.I came in, I checked my voice-mail and email then responded those voice-mails and emails regarding A/P issues. I reviewed invoices as well as check requests; sorted, organized and matched bills and check demands; set invoices up for payment procedure ;check requests; put together and process company accounts payable checks, wire exchanges and ACH obligations; reconciliation of obligations; prepare analysis associated with accounts; monitored company accounts to ensure payments to be up to date; resolved bill discrepancies; vendor document maintenance; corresponded along with vendors and reacted to inquiries; I learned different functions of accounting soft-ware; I was a team player and worked well with my co-workers.