Sysmex Employee Reviews

Great Company
Health Systems Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 22, 2017
Very intellectual sales process. Colleagues are highly educated and very well seasoned. Company is at the top of the industry and support from management is solid.
Sysmex
Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 9, 2017
They have Sysmex ways but they do not follow their values. The "Sysmex Way" consists of three parts: the Mission, which defines our social raison d'ĂȘtre and states how we hope to contribute to society; the Value, which describes the values and management style that we must abide by; and the Mind, which expresses the mindset and code of conduct that every employees within the Sysmex Group must observe.
About Sysmex
Clinical Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Mundelein IL,USAJanuary 18, 2017
Sysmex was a very caring and family oriented company. Truly enjoyed working with Sysmex by building a long-term relationship with the company.
Travel Ohio and repair/maintain Lab instruments.
Service Engineer I (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 12, 2016
Travel to healthcare providers around Ohio and repair and/or maintain their Laboratory Hematology instruments. I learned some of the best technology that there is out there. For the most part this is a individual job and you only know coworkers by over the phone. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand to get the customer back up and running again. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I fix an instrument for a customer and get the personal satisfaction and gratitude from them.
Pros
Company car, Phone, computer, gas card, etc
Cons
Poor job work/ family balance
Good employer for entry level careers
Lead Contract Analyst/ Operations CPR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILApril 6, 2016
Lots of opportunity to learn new things and grow but not into management roles. Lots of red tape to get things changed and it's all about who likes you sometimes.
Pros
Great Pay, Work/Life Balance, Opportunity to learn new things
Cons
Management changes, very clicky
Good company
Manager Distributor Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2016
Growing company with many in-house and field-based opportunities. Small-company feel, but silos between departments are growing along with the company's growing pains. Company rewards employees who dedicate themselves to their position and go the extra mile. Work-life balance is increasingly difficult.
Pros
Colleagues are easy to access and approachable
Cons
Management is in flux
Exciting work around healthcare and cold chain logistics
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Great company with solid vision in the hematology field. Sysmex is a leader that continues to grow. Great opportunity for logistics personnel that wants to branch into healthcare.
A descent place to work while in College.
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 10, 2015
Good hours and a lot of employment. Good for a college student who cant work full time. Room for advancement. High turn over.
horrible work family life.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  ILAugust 22, 2015
Sysmex has an click if you are not part of that then you are the red headed step child. They work you non stop. If your life is only work, then work for this company.
Fast learner
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire,ILJune 23, 2015
I am always looking for way to improve process as well as day to challenges. I am very pride to share my co workers always, try and get me to learn any new software techniques so that I can bring it back and teach vs upper management.
Great company to work for
Technical Assistance Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 28, 2015
This company has a great future because they hire the right people. The co-workers are amazing, and the management is very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with intelligent individuals who possess the knowledge of our products that I also wish to absorb.
You will be busy
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2015
Your experience is circumstantial based on your location. My days were long - half of it was spent on the road. On average I'd drive 800 miles a week. Servicing the equipment was ok, information was easily accessible - good support system.

It is impossible to make / keep plans throughout the week. Your social life will take a hit.
Pros
Travel and Challenge
Cons
Travel and Challenge
Great Company to work for
Market Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMarch 30, 2015
Great company, lots of little perks of working here. Everyone is nice no room for entry level positions. Doesn't seem like they promote from within because they are looking for a lot of top level positions.
Sysmex is a wonderful company
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Greater PHiladelphia AreaMarch 29, 2015
Incredibly caring business philosophy focuses on customer satisfaction and quality products. Management team is very focused on goals but laid back and very easy to communicate with. The products manufactured by Sysmex are the highest quality and require minimal servicing.
Pros
Business philosophy focused on customers and patient care
Cons
Was not the right enviorment for me
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LincolnshireFebruary 12, 2015
I was a temp there and I did not blend in with the other co-workers. They played favoritism with their people. Someone else made a mistake and I was blamed for it and they ended my assignment without investigating.
Good company to work for
District Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2014
Good company to work for with significant marketshare and innovative products
Sysmex
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2014
Over all Sysmex is a good company with a lot of good people. I loved working with my customers

* A typical work day in the Los Angeles area is 4-8 hrs of driving, 2-4 hrs working on equipment, then a couple of hours of documentation.

* I learned a lot about hematology and how the laboratories work. The equipment used to analyze your blood samples when you go to the doctor are built using the same devices and methods as the equipment used to manufacture semiconductors. Just a different arrangement for a different process.

* Management is for management with Sysmex. Anything else to say about it would only sound like a disgruntled employ and that I am not. Just a disappointed one.

* My direct co workers were some of the most talented technicians I've had the pleasure of working with. Outstanding, and very sharp people.

* The hardest part of the job is work/life balance. Field Service has 3 full time jobs with Sysmex. 1 full time job simply driving or flying from lab to lab correcting problematic equipment, a second full time job trying to keep up with documenting all of that driving/work, and a 3rd full time job trying to make all the online presentations and extra curricular requirements that come to your email on nearly and hourly bases from the home office. They need to work on that in a bad way,

* The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. They are over worked with unreasonable expectations and stressed very badly because of these expectations when their equipment goes down . It was always a wonderful feeling when I arrived at the lab. I felt like
  more... "Norm" when he walked into Cheers. And then of course it was always a "day maker" for me when I was finished replacing the broken parts and give them back the ability to do their jobs. Any time you go to a doctor or emergency room and they test anything about your body's system stop and say a "thank you" to the unseen and unknown lab tech. They deserve it.  less
Pros
They throw a good party
Cons
They'll throw the employ under the bus to cover management and engineering mistakes
An exceptional company to work for!
Manager of Customer Service and Collections (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 14, 2014
The Sysmex culture is guided by the principle that all of their associates are a part of making the organization a success. They are governed by the "Sysmex Way" which binds them together like no other company I have been affiliated with has done. The environment is friendly and the collaboration between departments as well as individuals is second to none. I wholeheartedly endorse working for this fine organization.
Good Work Life Balance and Employee Benefits
Sales Support Contract Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 21, 2014
Sysmex is a good place to work as far as how they treat their employees with work life balance. They offer good benefits and 401K package. Many small perks provided. They are a family oriented company and everyone knows everyone who works there. The new building in Lincolnshire is beautiful. Growing company so many job opportunities for employees.
Productive work environment
Interface Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 2, 2014
Team player environment.
Advancement opportunities...promote within opportunities
Still good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysmex. Our community is ready to answer.