SYSTEM TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Great family owned company
Log Book Auditor/ Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 30, 2017
Great company to work for. All upper management were very friendly and were very helpful. Couldn't ask for a better job. It was most definitely my pleasure to work for them.
Good Company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJuly 5, 2017
The equipment was new or newer and was well maintained. Kept you moving most of the time, but compensated well for down time. Good training, employees and management.
Pros
Good pay, new equipment
Cons
Sometimes lost in the shuffle
Dedicated Account was Great!
Dedicated Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2017
The only issues I will comment on are those relating to one of their Dedicated accounts for which I drove for 10+ years. We had some terrible 'Driver Managers' for the 1st 8 or so years, but the last 2 years they finally got a Driver Manager WHO HAD ACTUALLY DRIVEN! He was great and treated the drivers as professionals.

Their benefits were relatively poor by my standards, so all I took was the 401(k). For the 1st 8 years, they had poor plan choices, but now they have American Funds which is first rate. Their 'match' is poor and problematic.

Their pay was competitive and paid on-time with no problems.

As long as you are on-time, good with customer relations and safe, you'll have no issues. I had 2 routes/week and was home 3 days/week. Not a bad deal.

Insofar as the bulk of the fleet, which is OTR/linehaul, I know nothing firsthand so no comment.

Big improvement in their fleet equipment while I was there.

If management listened to/heard from drivers, it would be news to me. They seemed to be out-of-touch, at least insofar as the dedicated fleet. I never had any sense of what was going on at the company. Maybe they thought drivers didn't need to know/too ignorant to understand the 'big picture'. I never heard ANYTHING from the CEO to the drivers during all the time I was there!
Pros
Competitive pay, good dedicated routes, first rate equipment
Cons
Communications from management poor, marginal benefits
Great place to cut teeth
Fleet Manager / Director of Security / (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2017
Great company to work for. Family culture. I've been under a few different terminal managers and yes they have helped me with personal and career growth in the industry. Flexible as long as you show them an eagerness to learn and put in the hours needed to keep the company running smoothly.
Trucking company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Northwest region, based out of Spokane WAFebruary 22, 2017
Great company. Generally awesome to work with. Only concerns are lack of home time, which comes with being a driver. My life circumstances have changed and I want to be home, otherwise I would stay with System, and I continually recommend them to others.
Pros
great equipment, fleet is typically less then 5 years old
Cons
Lack of communication. often don't hear anything about loads until you are supposed to be at shipper
Great Company
Flatbed Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAFebruary 21, 2017
Overall Great Company, they were very helpful and willing to find the right fit for me in the company when my 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Cancer. They have a very extensive training program that ensures the drivers are very thorough and safe on the road. Unfortunately their turnover ratio for drivers is high due to not being able to meet drivers needs of being home a little more, that along with low cent per mile pay compared to other companies in the trucking industry.
Great fun long days
driver trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver coJanuary 31, 2017
Out of all the driving jobs I have had this company is great I get home time every week and great pay I love working for my boss out in denver really no complaints when ever I have a problem my dm and terminal manager gets me what I need I'm a trainer for this company and we'll liked great place to start a career.
Pros
Home every weekend
Cons
The lack of communication on some stuff
It's a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 24, 2016
I'm a local driver for System which means a lot of overtime which amounts to a higher tax bracket, lesser pay and the boss acting like he's a God for working you to the bone. Spokane likes to keep those that have crashed trucks in management positions, nanny cams have been installed in all trucks, I imagine this is to have video proof of why they put a dangererous human into a management position?

All in all its a job, if you dig OTR you could do worse, but if you enjoy being home every day and not blowing out an elbow from long hours you could find a better, higher paying local job. My advice? Go union for local work.
Pros
Home every day
Cons
Management, nanny cams, long hours, low pay
Pretty decent, all things considered
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WADecember 7, 2016
This company is a pretty decent company to work for with all things considered. The pay is great they keep you pretty much moving for the most part. I'm more of a homebody and this is the first OTR job I've ever taken and that's the only reason I'll be quitting.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Takes a bit to get you next load
Good place to work keeps you busy
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2016
If you enjoy driving and working with your hands and having an individual workload this is the place for you. Typical day involves pre-trip checking your load strapping down and putting a tarp on the load and off you go, Not saying it is not hard it can be a difficult job at times can be physically demanding. Your equipment and product on your company truck are your responsibility. but as at any company they have there individual problems here and there can be problematic for some.
Pros
Job stabability
It's a Truck Driving Job
Driver - Northwest and Canada (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 22, 2016
Like most trucking companies, they treat you like a slave without a whole lot of consideration for personal time and they basically decide how busy or NOT busy you're going to be. But that's the trucking business and if you don't like it, then you're going to need other work.

Of the three trucking companies I worked for they were probably the best, they had good equipment and excellent training.
Pros
Management was good and they were a busy company.
Cons
They own you and your time...I averaged about a day to 1.5 days home a week.
Great Job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 16, 2016
I just am looking for something where I can come home every night, I am currently still their, Love my job just want to be around to watch my boys grow up, only thing bad I can really say is that they messed up on my check a few times but they fixed it quickly, so I am very proud to work for this company,
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great Place to work
Maxi/Heavy Haul Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WADecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at System Transportation. The dispatchers work hard to keep you busy and they work with you to give you the home time you need.
Great place to work if your just starting in this career.
Diesel and Trailer Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2015
I think this is a great starter job to gain experience and confidence. Mostly working on trailers, general maintenance. Truck work consistence of LOFs and general repairs.
Honest hard work
Owner operator for flatbed delivery (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 1, 2013
A good place to work. Well managed company. Long hours and hard work simalar to any truck driving job. It is easy to reach management for questions and prompt answers.
Pros
steady work
Cons
hard work
not driver sensitive
truck driver coast (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WANovember 18, 2012
worked there for 14 yrs . When my son died I was having a hard time handeling it. i was late to an acount after shipper was un cooperative with an overweifgt and company refused to evev hear my side of story . I was given the opertunity of quitting or being fired.I quit
Pros
good equipment, benifits
Cons
do not care about driver needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYSTEM TRANSPORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9