T&G Constructors

great company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: family friendly work atmosphere
Cons: no room for advancement
I was the front office coordinator for this company. I really enjoyed all of my co workers and managers. I went to work happy everyday and enjoyed being there. I was able to have a great working relationship with most everyone there.
The hardest part of this job was the coverage that would be needed if I were to need a day off unexpectedly or planned. No one really liked to cover the front desk because it interrupted their own work that needed to be done.
This company is very family friendly. I LOVED that about it. There was a real sense of "family" among all of the employees.
great company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: family friendly work atmosphere
Cons: no room for advancement
Disorganized company without a real expectations from the employees, goals but no plan to achieve them, hire and fire often because of this.
Site Operations Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2012
Pros: it's a job, friendly co-workers, company provided vehicle
Cons: hire & fire often, unrealistic expectations on unqualified workers, poor benefits package.
I worked with T&G several years and it was well the first couple years but something changed in senior management goals and expectations. I watched as almost everyone working was replaced one and two at a time. I believe this was due to conflict between the owners and placing unrealistic expectations on the field team. I watched as one man was belittled in front of the entire team, more than 25, and fired in front of them all for asking the wrong question literally. That was when it all started, the performance in the field started going crazy as those not qualified were brought on board and expected to perform as top notch professionals which they could not. The salaries were being drastically lowered at this time. I was one of the last to leave, glad now that I did, I was let go because I was told my attitude was poor. That was true but that was true for everyone who was let go before me and those still working. Some hid it better than others. I did not vocalize my disappointment with what was happening to anyone except top management and because I did I was let go. I hope T&G can turn it around and I understand that one owner has left the company now so maybe they are getting things inline as they should be now. I hope so for the sake of the current employees.

About T&G Constructors

T&G Constructors (T&G) is one of Florida's fastest growing commercial construction companies in the Southeast. Established – Read more