T-Mobile Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,220 reviews matching the search
T-Mobile North West Wireless
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAAugust 7, 2016
Working for T-Mobile under North West Wireless was a great job. The management really worked with us (employees) to find out what we needed to strive to do better. The hardest part of the job was standing around for a customer to come in. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and seeing the new phones first. I learned how to have patience with customers and slow down while talking. A typical day was upgrading customers and helping new customers join T-mobile.
Pros
Fun, good commission, good management
Cons
slow computers, customers, bored
fun and inviting place to work
Retails Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 1, 2016
Working for T-Mobile retail as afforded me the ability to meet a wide variety of people from all walks of life. In wireless things change day to day, so to work in this environment one must constantly use the resources provided to all employees for the purpose of staying knowledgeable and proficient with all wireless devices, service plans and promotions. The management team made working for T-mobile one of the best places to work.
Pros
exciting work environment
Cons
slow months bring drastic change to income
T-Mobile Review
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 2, 2016
Good pay, however they try and undercut pay if possible.. when being hired ask for what you want to be paid. They will try and say well sell more which is BS. They offer great benefits such as awesome paid time off. Promotions are possible up to store mgr but to be a DM many well qualified people are passed by for outside hires which is unfair. Goals are increased YOY well above normal trends. Good company but with the NEW systems and plans they are unrealistic to hit.. company goes from private to share holders and budgets were killed and goals 200% increased... not a good trend for employees
Pros
Pay / Benefitd
Cons
Goals are way to high for most locations
great pay
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 1, 2016
Training and "green days" to work on training courses online, team activities for teambuilding, excellent benefits including up to a 10% yearly bonus (merit-based), tuition reimbursement, extra insurance options besides health insurance (pet insurance, free life insurance up to 1.5x yearly salary), stock purchase options and yearly stock award to each employee. One of my favorite benefits is job swaps - so long as yo…
Pros
discount phone plans
Fun Place To Work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MEJuly 25, 2016
Working in the T-Mobile call center provides excellent training and continued education on policies and technology. Everyone works as a unit to achieve a common goal and there is very little drama or politics involved. This is a company that truly lives its values.
Pros
discounted merchandise, excellent benefits, work life balance - even same day PTO!
Cons
There are lots of ignorant people calling in to harass you for valid charges on their bill.
T-Mobile A great place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2016
Working for T-Mobile has been great because you're empowered and it is almost as if you are your own boss. It provides a challenge because the work place is constantly changing, but you learn to adapt to the changes and become comfortable with them. The hardest part of the job is being mentally prepared for everything because no day is like the other. Having wonderful co-workers who are equally motivated and amazing leadership helps a lot with being prepared.
Pros
Benefits, rewards, co-workers and perks
Cons
n/a
Meto PCS Corp.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2016
A typical day in Metro Pcs is taking care of costumer, get to know there needs, what offers are they interest in having.
I learned new ways to approach to costumer and different strategies of selling for the company. I had the best team of co workers. The hardest part of Metro is to keep with your goals and your monthly activations. I enjoyed Metro Pcs cause the hard work they made you do, and how they help you grew up in the company.
Productive work enviorment with many useful resources.
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
A typical day in the office of T-Mobile is teaching 12-15 new hires about the software used, as well as teaching them how to positions conversations, and speak in a professional manor on the phones. It is inbound customer service only. I enjoyed meeting all of the employees and seeing how happy they're after resolving the customers reason for there call. Sometimes situations were tricky but I enjoyed it because I was able to show them out of the box solutions to satisfy the customers and there needs.
Pros
Cafeteria, game room, customers.
Cons
none.
Enjoyable and exciting. I love the atmosphere and challenge.
RSA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 12, 2016
I love my job at T-mobile. Upper management is wonderful. Everyone gets along amazing, and they treat all their employees with respect. In this company you can grow and move up in the company which is a plus for me. What I enjoy most with this company is interacting with the customers. It is wonderful being able to help them with something that is so important to them. The hardest part would have to be the amount of hours I get as a part-time RSA, reason being why I'm looking to find a part-time or full-time job.
Failing company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 31, 2016
It has been many years since working there, but while i was there i felt like the company was going to collapse. The general manager at the time had opened up 5 new stores in the Cleveland market, and he hired 5 people whom all worked at Gateway Computers. Those managers selected where all former co-workers of the current gm. The comp was terrible and the clientele was the worst.
Pros
discounted phone bill
Cons
management and network
Company success was your success
Financial Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 9, 2016
It was a good place to work in that I gained a lot of training and experience with resolving conflicts resulting in payment collection. Fast paced environment with interesting people to talk to always, but you can't be easily offended or take things personally. Great benefits and compensation based on performance. Good co-workers and environment was positive.
Pros
earn a portion of collections as bonus each quarter
Cons
stressful collections type work
Horrible, management is a joke
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 9, 2016
Horrible experience, everything as usual started great I loved going to work every day I would look forward to it, received all these promises at the beginning so I can accept the job, but the compensation was not what I was told. Management had favorites as far as employees, I went from 40 hours to 25 hours a week because they did not like the idea of me attending school and being able to work past 6:30 pm so they would just schedule me fro 10 am to 1 pm and was told that once I was done with school and able to close then I would get more hours which is just simply ridiculous.
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2016
I learned a lot of things working for this company. I enjoyed it and a typical day at work includes customers that are not technology savvy, customers that are angry and customers that are very enjoyable to deal with.

the hardest thing about this job is the pressure to keep up with multiple promos, pressure from management to produce astronomical results by making base calls and getting business lines.
Pros
no comment.
Cons
no comment
T-mobile
CSR2 (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 2, 2016
Take Customers call in with past due accounts, billing disputes or other financial services questions • take the lead in evaluating and modifying their accounts • balancing customer's needs with T-Mobile's policies, using strategic thinking to successfully collect payments on past due accounts and make account credits as needed
• Along the way, meet productivity standards like a pro, while building customer loyalty on every call
Pros
BOUNS
productive store
Hawaii Kai Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hawaii Kai, HIJuly 30, 2016
There are always coming in and out of the store asking for questions or looking for options on devices I love being busy and being able to help my customer in the best way. I've learned how frustrating it is to be a customer and not being able to solve an issue and how i love making them happy and leave the store happy. My coworkers are great to work with as well as management they are always there to help when we need it. Most enjoyable day at work is when it is very busy and the day goes by fast. The hardest part of the job would be when customers come in angry and frustrated and maybe even yelling, I call them down and help them with their issue so they can leave the store happy.
Pros
lunch, busy day
Cons
short break, not many coworkers, working weekends
Great chance to learn
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2016
Great chance to learn and increase self confident and work with a high spirit
o Ensure that location exceeds customers' satisfaction rating and budgeted sales goals.
o Oversee the implementation of new store programs and ensure being current on all technology updates.
o Help associates to build strong relationships with their customers, make expert recommendations, and help onboard customers like a pro.
o Ensure that each customer gets an unforgettable experience and a custom-fit solution to their needs
o Oversee location staff schedules, payroll and inventories.
Shaking up the Wireless Industry by changing outdated rules!
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  AZ, NV, NM, TX, UT, ID, CA, VAJuly 18, 2016
T-Mobile is a great place to work with excellent benefits and strong compensation. People are genuinely sincere about helping you succeed. The industry moves fast and furious so if you don't like change this is not the place for you. For someone who loves technology and a fast pace, great place to work.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
High expectations for sales and revenue driving
Excellent manager, good health benefits even though a part time position.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 27, 2016
SELL SELL SELL, Meeting new customers and providing excellent customer service before and after the sale. Day goes by quick so hitting all your goals is a necessity.
Pros
good commission structure, flexible work schedule, team building and helping others accomplish goals.
Cons
No advancement opportunities unless top sell consistently month after month.
music and people are always lively.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 28, 2016
Typical work day is set by manager and rep expectations. I've learned to sell and think on my feet; how to not take no for an answer if you know what you're doing. Management is okay, most of the managers are selective and favorites are easily picked out. Hardest part of the job is hitting all of the marks with every customer. There are like 6-10 different metrics which you are expected to hit every month with every customer. If you hit all of them the pay can be decent at best. Although the most enjoyable part (for me) is the daily interactions in which I am a part of every day I am working.
Pros
Phone plan discount
Cons
scheduling
productive learing atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 6, 2016
co workers are easy and fun to get along with. management needs improvment. i sit back and oberve my co workers and i enjoy each wokring with them because i have learned something form all of them. a day at tmobile consists of greeting customers and informing them about our latest promotions.
Pros
guaranteed 2 days off, benefits, PTO, sick days
Cons
work on holidays and weekends, closing times and opening times