T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 4,786 reviews matching the search
Maple Heights store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Just a terrible place to work; no team work, no structure, everyone "re-words" what they tell the customers, no care for customers except getting commission, dirty, and blasts the music so loud I couldn't hear the customer speak; when I have mention the music being too loud management shrugged it off.
Pros
Full time sometimes made $1000 just in working more than 80hrs on the long days.
Cons
Everything else, co workers, system is slow, no assistance with IT help, you name it.
Great Workplace Environment, Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Taking incoming calls from customers about billing mostly also answering questions about plans and services. Taught me how to sell, which I wasn't always initially comfortable with. Management set up is great, hardest part of the job is now getting a bonus unfortunately and the scheduling. (I work 1-12 am) But I love the environment, it's literally the Best Place to Work as far as company growth,diversity, and culture.
T-mobile
Customer Service - Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2017
recognitions (Multiple Employee of the Month Awards, Top Store Sales Rep, Winners Circle)
Customer Service – Sales Specialist
● Solve customers’ questions/concerns in-store
● Collect customer payments
● Follow up on customer referrals to increase client base
● Upsell customers T-Mobile products and services in store
● Provide general technical support on phones and tables
● Excel in providing positive customer experience and obtained multiple employee
Pros
love making money and commission
Cons
they only allow me to work 32 hours full time
Friendly culture and welcoming attitude
RSA (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Albeit there are opportunities to move your way up in the company, however you would need to work for them for a number of years without consideration for all the life experiences that you have which should be taken into consideration and not just how many years you have logged.
Pros
discounted mobile plans for employees
Cons
If I were to line up a deal, someone else would just take it. I don't mind sharing but return the favor, show me that we are a team and not just out for ourselves.
really fun, fast pace enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 31, 2017
normal 40 hours a week full time job plus commission which is very nice, great sales and customer service training and flexible company allowing a very good balance of work and personal life. The management at T-mobile can be very dependable at times but in some locations the experience wasn't as reliable. the hardest part would be overcoming customer hesitations, but it is also one of the most enjoyable parts when you succeed.
Pros
monthly bonuses and prizes
Cons
short breaks
A good place to work with good benefits.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Work day is a typical eight hours. Multiple clients come in with multiple issues, and needs. Sales associates are also techs, billing support, and any common issue handlers so they can't focus on sales alone. Management was exceptional at helping you operate within your needs. Co-workers are helpful and competent. The hardest part of the job was knowing that your performance was only based on sales and not overall work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and helping clientele to be fulfilled with their purchases.
Pros
benefits, atmosphere
Cons
performance based completely on sales
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day was to monitor a team of agents that critiqued calls between customers and their peers.

Culture was relaxed. Fun activities were incorporated regularly. Rewards were presented for making metrics.

The hardest part of the job was watching favoritism displayed on a frequent basis, by management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing others excel and knowing that you helped them develop and see them reach their desired goals.
Pros
Free lunches, cash incentives.
Cons
Hours of work
Is a Good job, But it can take a toll
General Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 1, 2017
A good place overall to work. After 4 years there it has taken its toll on me with the amount of ever increasing pressure concerning metrics that conflict with one another. For example you are required to be concerned and empathetic with customers and how their situation is, and at the same time have to sell them anything you can. This poses an contradictory situation where you are basically showing someone you care about what is going on in their life only to turn around and sell them things they may not need.
Pros
base pay, can be a fun enviroment
Cons
compny cannot decide on whether they care about their customers or not
Fast Paced Performance Driven Environment
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 17, 2017
High Stress with Impossible performance standards that you are required to excel in every day. Management typically adds to the pressure to excel in any given metric and isn't open for feedback. Job security is essentially non existent, but as long as you don't mind not having a personal or home life then working at T-Mobile isn't that bad!
Pros
Compensation, Health Benefits, Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Management, Closed Door Policy, Work/Life Balance
Expectations and Job requirements continue to change
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2017
Recently things within the company have started to change and now the job title and description has changed as well as hours, compensation, and expectations. This causes a very inconsistent work environment and can be very stressful because the rules of the game are constantly being changed and we don't know until after the fact and have made an error or mistake.
Pros
Compensations and discounts
Cons
Work/Life balance
my favorite job ever !
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 17, 2017
starting in the company i knew absolutely nothing about the cell phone business . everything was totally new for me . i was scared i cant lie. during the training process the other reps made me feel so comfortable .them making me feel comfortable gave me the confidence to become the number 1 rep in the entire district only having 3 months working for the company . a strong team always reflects on your store so the stronger your team the better your store produces as a whole .
Pros
great benefits . very rewarding to employees
Flexible and Fast pace changes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2017
T-Mobile is a very flexible company to work for especially for those who are students. Management and advancement depends on your location and district. Benefits are amazing!

The CEO is super amazing! Apart of his unorthodox leadership style sometimes meaning learning things really quickly before your shift starts and having to pitch to customers.
Pros
discounts, flexible, fun work environment
Cons
Things can change over night
Great culture, work/life balance, and benefits, but decreasing compensation for employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 12, 2017
The company constantly makes groundbreaking moves in the wireless industry. The team-oriented work culture has provided some of the best customer service experience I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Calling time off is incredibly easy as long as it isn't during the big retail holidays (Black Friday, Christmas). Health and 401k benefits are great. The largest downside are the constant commission decreases. The decreases aren't huge, but over time can cause concern. But overall, aside from the fluctuating pay, if you enjoy retail, an absolutely solid company to work for.
Productive Work
Sr. District Manager- Queens (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day was always fun, filled with great learning experience's that taught discipline and self- sacrifice for the greater good of T-Mobile customers. Management was always supportive and the most challenging part of the job was always making sure that our customer's were happy when they left the store. The most challenging part of the job was ensuring that every solution offered to a customer was the best solution to help them solve their concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to going to work each and every day and making a difference in a persons life.
Pros
Working Hard
Cons
Never took Lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at T-Mobile was always fun and educational. Everyday you would learn something different. The management was always on the same page with one another and the co-workers was always willing to help out. The hardest part of the job was making sure that every single customer had a satisfying experience...you always had at least one that was not satisfied. My most enjoyable experience with T-Mobile was the fact that you felt as if you were home. Everyone treated you like family.
Pros
Cafeteria and movie theater in the building
Sales associate
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Learning the current promotions and checking inventory. checking cornerstone for trainings. opening the store and all the tills. balancing out all tills to $150.00 and printing sign in sheet. I've learned that management is given based on performance and close relationships. The hardest part about being an associate is dealing with inconsistency, and being open to change. The best part about the job is the commission. You have an opportunity to write your own pay check.
Pros
Free child care expense $200 towards day care.
Cons
short breaks
Not great for Software Engineers
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2017
There is not a typical day, week or year. We work around the clock to stesfy mostly the management. Every 18 to 24 month the company replacing the CIO, and each one of them changing the organization completely. During my 11 years in the company, I worked under 6 CIOs and non of them contribute to the companyn. over all it is a mess!!! The atmosphere is unpleasent and there is no transpernsy.
Pros
Stocks and bonus
Cons
no work life ballance, no internal promotions to the highest level
Great When you first start
EIT Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 4, 2017
This position is nothing but a call center. zero efforts are given to move you to a new position. Managers care more about their end results than the immediate care of the specialists.

30 minute lunches are now mandatory--this includes those who work 10+ hours.

They do not care for your personal problems and issues. I worked as a contractor then was hired on as FTE. Benefits with the company is great but the atmosphere of that department was not desired.

Great False promises for advancement.
Pros
Great Pay, Easy Job
Cons
Mandatory 30 minute lunches, no coordination between managers
The mess with your commisision
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 2, 2017
When I first started with this company the commission structure was great and easy to follow. We could easily find out if we were being paid the amount that we earned during our month of sales. But more recently they have made it very complicated to be able to calculate the pay rate and almost impossible to get a good payout. They do work with your schedule. Its a great job for someone that is going to school.
My opinion
T-Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work for me mostly started in the mornings, I would open the store get the deposits ready and make sure the store was ready. I learned a lot about phone, customer services, how to manage a store. the co-workers were great, very helpful, but competitive. The reason for that is because of the comittion, we all were wanting. The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping the customers.
Pros
comisition was great
Cons
scheduals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.