T-Mobile Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,130 reviews matching the search
fun and active
Inventory Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 24, 2016
A typical work day start's off with counting registers and printing paper work, a mini inventory count is done every morning. Iv learned that patients is very important when working with a variety of people. Management I would say is not that great, there are no communications skills. co-workers are great out sales rep's are very friendly , fun and helpful. Th hardest part of the job I would say is keeping track of your numbers making sure your target is reached every month.
Pros
75% off phone bill, working for a great company
Cons
management, no place for advancement
Great chance to learn
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2016
Great chance to learn and increase self confident and work with a high spirit
o Ensure that location exceeds customers' satisfaction rating and budgeted sales goals.
o Oversee the implementation of new store programs and ensure being current on all technology updates.
o Help associates to build strong relationships with their customers, make expert recommendations, and help onboard customers like a pro.
o Ensure that each customer gets an unforgettable experience and a custom-fit solution to their needs
o Oversee location staff schedules, payroll and inventories.
Horrible, management is a joke
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 9, 2016
Horrible experience, everything as usual started great I loved going to work every day I would look forward to it, received all these promises at the beginning so I can accept the job, but the compensation was not what I was told. Management had favorites as far as employees, I went from 40 hours to 25 hours a week because they did not like the idea of me attending school and being able to work past 6:30 pm so they would just schedule me fro 10 am to 1 pm and was told that once I was done with school and able to close then I would get more hours which is just simply ridiculous.
music and people are always lively.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 28, 2016
Typical work day is set by manager and rep expectations. I've learned to sell and think on my feet; how to not take no for an answer if you know what you're doing. Management is okay, most of the managers are selective and favorites are easily picked out. Hardest part of the job is hitting all of the marks with every customer. There are like 6-10 different metrics which you are expected to hit every month with every customer. If you hit all of them the pay can be decent at best. Although the most enjoyable part (for me) is the daily interactions in which I am a part of every day I am working.
Pros
Phone plan discount
Cons
scheduling
Great work environment and co-workers
Technical Project Manager, Technology (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 27, 2016
The work environment was great here and the co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

The most difficult part of this project was that the manager did not give feedback about my work performance.

The best part was the 'open door policy' that most of my co-workers utilized that allowed me to approach any of my co-workers for assistance or inquiries if I needed.
Pros
Great atmosphere and relaxed work environment
Cons
Lack of manager's feedback
Company success was your success
Financial Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 9, 2016
It was a good place to work in that I gained a lot of training and experience with resolving conflicts resulting in payment collection. Fast paced environment with interesting people to talk to always, but you can't be easily offended or take things personally. Great benefits and compensation based on performance. Good co-workers and environment was positive.
Pros
earn a portion of collections as bonus each quarter
Cons
stressful collections type work
Enjoyable and exciting. I love the atmosphere and challenge.
RSA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 12, 2016
I love my job at T-mobile. Upper management is wonderful. Everyone gets along amazing, and they treat all their employees with respect. In this company you can grow and move up in the company which is a plus for me. What I enjoy most with this company is interacting with the customers. It is wonderful being able to help them with something that is so important to them. The hardest part would have to be the amount of hours I get as a part-time RSA, reason being why I'm looking to find a part-time or full-time job.
Productive work enviorment with many useful resources.
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
A typical day in the office of T-Mobile is teaching 12-15 new hires about the software used, as well as teaching them how to positions conversations, and speak in a professional manor on the phones. It is inbound customer service only. I enjoyed meeting all of the employees and seeing how happy they're after resolving the customers reason for there call. Sometimes situations were tricky but I enjoyed it because I was able to show them out of the box solutions to satisfy the customers and there needs.
Pros
Cafeteria, game room, customers.
Cons
none.
T-Mobile A great place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2016
Working for T-Mobile has been great because you're empowered and it is almost as if you are your own boss. It provides a challenge because the work place is constantly changing, but you learn to adapt to the changes and become comfortable with them. The hardest part of the job is being mentally prepared for everything because no day is like the other. Having wonderful co-workers who are equally motivated and amazing leadership helps a lot with being prepared.
Pros
Benefits, rewards, co-workers and perks
Cons
n/a
Fun Place To Work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MEJuly 25, 2016
Working in the T-Mobile call center provides excellent training and continued education on policies and technology. Everyone works as a unit to achieve a common goal and there is very little drama or politics involved. This is a company that truly lives its values.
Pros
discounted merchandise, excellent benefits, work life balance - even same day PTO!
Cons
There are lots of ignorant people calling in to harass you for valid charges on their bill.
Fun and productive enviornment to work in
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
T-Mobile has been an awesome company to work for. I've worked at several locations due to moving to other states and cities in the U.S. T-Mobile takes care of their employees with great benefits including; medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off and job security. They take pride in career advancement and make sure everyone has the opportunity to show their worth and work ethic. I love working for T-Mobile and the diversity that this company has and made it very enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Pros
Employee perks and benefits packages
Cool CEO who really cares about the customer
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2016
the hardest part of the job: is dealing with irate customers face to face.
the most enjoyable part of the job: making customers happy, wearing jeans every day and experiencing the ever changing world of technology.
management: Our CEO is the best! District Managers however need more training on how to really develop their people.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off and pretty cool uniform shirts
Cons
In retail you are always working. No such thing as day off or vacation
Love My Job !
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 21, 2016
Love customer service, very passionate about helping customers solve their problems. The team members are considered as family to me. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and hearing interesting stories about our customers. Management support their employees with every step of the way at work, and try their best to help them out of work, if help is needed. I definitely learn something new everyday about T-mobile, if it is concerning plans, phones, CEO, or even about my team members and customers.
Pros
Interesting contests, enjoyable meetings, friendly environment.
Fun environment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 25, 2016
Working here was fun but when it gets slow it can be really boring unless you work at a store with a lot of foot traffic. One thing that annoyed me was managers would pressure you SO much to make sales and push and push on customers, don't get me wrong, i wanted to make my commission but sometimes it was a little too much for me. Selling isn't hard if you know a lot about phones and the plans the company offered, very easy actually. Hardest part wasn't hard it was just more so annoying, but dealing with people that do not know how to work with phones and be frustrating, I've spent hours with a customer getting them set up with there phone and it can be tough, but it does make time fly by.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Pressured to meet sales #s
Cultivated the best out of their employees
Financial Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
T-Mobile has set a really high standard for me. There was a cheerful work environment that I absolutely loved. I felt like the people I worked around truly loved their jobs.

A typical work day would be mainly spent behind the desk on the phone, taking an estimated 200+ calls a day. My time spent, here really helped me hone my ability to listen effectively and complete other tasks as well.

The hardest part of working at T-Mobile was uncovering fraudulent accounts, and articulating that to the customer in a way that didn't criminalize them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get a massage on break, or go for a nice work out at the on-site facilites.
Daily Struggle
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2016
The day is about the hustle and trying to get as much as you can from each customer. Also, hoping they do not deactivate service because not only do you lose commission but you get taxed on that loss as well. I learned that with the right management anything is possible. My co-workers were great for the most part. You can't be expected to like everyone you work with. The hardest part of T-mobile is trying to please the management. Even though you have good months it never seemed like it was enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing a big sale and not having deactivation or return.
Pros
great pay at low hours if you have good selling days
Cons
management is not always helpful
productive learing atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 6, 2016
co workers are easy and fun to get along with. management needs improvment. i sit back and oberve my co workers and i enjoy each wokring with them because i have learned something form all of them. a day at tmobile consists of greeting customers and informing them about our latest promotions.
Pros
guaranteed 2 days off, benefits, PTO, sick days
Cons
work on holidays and weekends, closing times and opening times
Shaking up the Wireless Industry by changing outdated rules!
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  AZ, NV, NM, TX, UT, ID, CA, VAJuly 18, 2016
T-Mobile is a great place to work with excellent benefits and strong compensation. People are genuinely sincere about helping you succeed. The industry moves fast and furious so if you don't like change this is not the place for you. For someone who loves technology and a fast pace, great place to work.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
High expectations for sales and revenue driving
I would not recommend working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 4, 2016
This particular store was ridiculous. Co-workers are very nice but it's a very tense environment. The pay is pretty good but the job work/life is terrible. If you work here your whole life is Tmobile. Full time job but you don't get vacation time EVER not even unpaid time off. You work 6 days a week every week no exceptions. You also don't get breaks. Overall bad experience for me.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No breaks, vacation time, & very tense work environment
Good Company to work with
Technical Support/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
If management were to follow policies as they are intended by the company, working there would be much better.

It does not seem to be easy to be promoted by merit.
extremely customer service oriented, which sometimes makes it more difficult for the representatives to address customers concerns and issues because these are sometimes unbelievable.
Pros
Bennefits
Cons
Structure changes too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.