T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 4,649 reviews matching the search
Overall good start up
Retal sales associate and retail store manager (Former Employee) –  Cary NcOctober 25, 2016
Really enjoyed my tenure at tmobile it has it challenges just as any retail job does the benefits are excellent pay is great opportunity for advancement is great the one and only complaint is the politics that play so much inside of leadership roles more then any other company I've ever worked for I've seen countless time where high performers are over looked and under appreciated by management than those who choose to play the politics. It's seems that Tmobile internaly is really geared up to who you kno and a lot less of what you kno and what you produce. Management and polimits will reward individuals who sacrifice integrity to shine
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Could use some changes.
Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I think that T-Mobiles culture has changed for the worst. The new culture is turning the business into Disney for wireless. This in return has almost erased all traces of professionalism in the retail environment. Once you enter the retail environment you have pretty much reached a dead end. There is not other position that is available to you in Atlanta. Once you enter sales, that is it. The stress increases as you climb uphill. All other positions you would have to leave the state for simply to obtain them. Positions that could be held from anywhere are all in Bellevue Washington. Other than that, the benefits are great and the company tries real hard to give their employees the most, however the company has become the most stressful place ever to work.
Benefits
Cons
Constant change and zero work life balance
Supportive job environment, and excellent benefits.
Retail Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 13, 2017
I worked with wonderful people for many years.
My management was wonderful and supportive.
Opportunity for advancement was good.
Hardest part: Company progressively became a very high pressure sales environment. I was expect to sell things to people that they didn't really need or want.
Best part: I worked part time and received amazing benefits, I worked with an awesome team, I accumulated paid time off working part time, they were flexible with my school schedule, very organized company, and fun customers.
Pros
Flexible to your schedule, outstanding benefits, fun environment, and opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Increasingly high pressure sales environment-Customers best interest not in mind.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 14, 2016
T-mobile has a relaxed corporate culture that enables me to be myself and still exceed sales quotas. I enjoy working with my co-workers and providing my service and knowledge to customers. I work harder because commission plays a large role in my pay. I have to do my best as often as possible to get the most out of my sales techniques.

It can be stressful when customers are irate and getting angry. Emotion runs high but I have to keep a level head while I sort out the issue. Whether its an overdue or expensive bill, a broken phone, customer service issues or just someone not happy, keeping cool and fixing the customer's issue becomes my top priority.

Once I've helped the heated customers, I greatly enjoy aiding someone by successfully troubleshooting their phone and getting their praise. It's easy to turn someone's day around when their pictures are saved and transferred.
Pros
Flexible schedule, commission
Cons
Can get crowded, irate customers
Management may stifle you
PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 15, 2016
Great if you are looking to save up before you go to the job you actually want. Highly competitive and the expectations are a bit out of reach if you are in the wrong location.

If you ever have an issue about your management well then you are out of luck. The management staff is not there to help you grow just to help you get better numbers so they may get the credit.

Good enough pay to stay for a little while but not a career.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Management structure
Great Company, Great Benefits, Have to Find A Great Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILOctober 15, 2016
The company is absolutely amazing. Money and benefits are great as well. If you're in a store that doesn't fit you, then you'll be miserable. You're definitely going to be at work more than you are at home, if you're doing your job correctly and if you take pride in your work, so if you're at a store and you don't get along with management or staff then you're not going to be happy at all. If you find a store where everything is working and the management and staff are productive and respectful, you'll thrive and soar and be happy with the company.
Pros
Great money, Great Company
Cons
Employee turnover, long hours, long weeks, store management
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 29, 2016
T-mobile is the best job I have ever had and I would highly recommend anyone to work here. All of my managers seemed to be there for me, they cared and were always helpful when it came to becoming better at the job and trying to advance.
This job pays well with the potential to bonus every single month and has excellent benefits not limited to health care, dental, vision but also help with child care and medical reimbursement.

They also like to have fun there were several occasions we were allowed off the phones to go and have fun like casino day, another day they had carnival games set up in the parking lot. T-Mobiles CEO is awesome seriously there were two occasions he came in while i was there and hes no ordinary CEO so everybody was hype when he came in and he makes you motivated to work harder and make your money.

The hardest part for me is that i have anxiety and I had a hard time separating feeling actually empathy rather then just showing empathy. Customers can be harsh and they will talk all over you if you let them. This is the only reason I no longer work there.
Un-Carrier style is awesome!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172September 21, 2016
Tmobile really strives to be different and better than the competition.

I feel that we are always ahead of what the competition is doing with prices, promotions, etc.

The hardest part of the job is currently with a new project we have been working on with a mobile store. Since is a new project it takes time to develop it and finding the right event, niche and market for the truck is sometimes complicated which may affect our aspects for sales, therefore you really have to be a go-getter. However, like all new projects T-mobile takes on, i'm sure it will work out amazing within given time to develop.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with and also worked with throughout my career, T-mobile really picks them right, the people i have gotten to work with are really hard workers and really nice as well and direct management really have cared for my success.
Pros
Great Benefits, Stock options, money for daycare, discounts for phones.
Cons
Standing all the time.
Not great for Software Engineers
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2017
There is not a typical day, week or year. We work around the clock to stesfy mostly the management. Every 18 to 24 month the company replacing the CIO, and each one of them changing the organization completely. During my 11 years in the company, I worked under 6 CIOs and non of them contribute to the companyn. over all it is a mess!!! The atmosphere is unpleasent and there is no transpernsy.
Pros
Stocks and bonus
Cons
no work life ballance, no internal promotions to the highest level
T-Mobile is a great company, but...
Technical Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 17, 2016
T-Mobile is a great company as a whole to work for. The work environment is very competitive but welcoming, the benefits are fantastic and the pay is wonderful. But! Being a customer service representative for roughly about 5 years now, room for advancement is welcomed. With T-Mobile because there are so many great employees there is not much opportunity to advance your career.
Pros
discounts on phone service, reasonable benefits and great pay
Cons
call center, no room to move up
Career opportunities and diverse work environment
Business Sales & Leadership Coach (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 29, 2016
T-Mobile has a diverse and fun work environment. This type of culture allows room for coaching and developing of all employees, which affords them the opportunity to career path into other roles. Leaders really worked to develop an open and feedback culture, where employees could give their managers feedback, both constructive and appreciative along with the managers providing that same type of feedback. T-Mobile has been the underdog for wireless communication for some time, so being led by an edgy and forward-thinking CEO only helped to bring the organization to gain its rightful place to the top.
Pros
diverse, embraced uniqueness and individuality, feedback culture
Cons
employee phone purchase program
great benefits
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 5, 2017
Amazing benefits for full and part time people - best in the industry. Companyis cutting edge on the competition and has been very creative in leading the industry in new direction that serves the customer better than in the past. they do this at lightning speed which alos leads to Fire, Aim, Ready methodology. and lots of re do on the back side. solid culture of
Pros
phone plan for employees
Cons
work life balance is very difficult
Worst job ever. Don't apply. Find another sales job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 9, 2016
I've been with the company five years. When I first started it was amazing. Pay was good and comission. Now its awful. Its a sales job. Not a part time 9-5. You have to hustle to keep this job. Its not guaranteed to keep. Management blames you when you dont sell. You get chum change for raises, people steal your comission behind your back, you deal with irate customers about their bills and you also have to be tech support too. You have to clean the store yourselves no body comes in and cleans. Transferring customer info is the worst. You have to have a gift of selling and a passion for this. But after years with this company. Run AWAY. ITS TERRIBLE WORKING AT A CELLPHONE COMPANY. They blame you for everything and if you dont make monthly quota. You are written up.
Pros
No late hours, Part Time, Discount on Cellphone Bill, Comission, 401K
Cons
Bad Management & Associates, Bad pay, Monthly Meetings, Workshops, Not A Stable Job, No Room For Growth, Micromanagement Alot
amazing company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sierra VIsta, azJanuary 20, 2017
Overall an amazing company to work for. Each day was a new experience, which was probably my most favorite part of the day, the store is packed and customers are anxious and employees are shining. I learned patience, multi tasking at its finest, the culture of our store was always entertained with music and technology (who wouldn't love working in that environment) the hardest part of my job is over coming a huge obstacle involving on the phone associate assistance, and maintaining a timely manner. the most enjoyable part of my job was sending my customers home with a device I set them up with based off assessing the customer and getting to know their day to day and their needs.
Pros
company gatherings. they made sure everyone stayed connected as a district.
Cons
overcoming obstacles with some management.
Productive work place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILDecember 28, 2016
The balance of work and personal life experience is some of the best i have had, the benefits were great as well but the compensation wasn't what i had become accustomed to. As far as job security it seems pretty safe for the most part and management was good also. Love the culture.
Energetic company with some marginal managers
SR. Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 14, 2016
A growing company with energetic environment. People truly want to surpass verizon and At&T, and believe it will happen. Management is mostly helpful, but it can be somewhat of a "Boys Club".

Layoffs do happen, and you will not be given any warning. If you are impacted do not expect management to assist you with finding a new home internally.

Over all a good company with some marginal mid level managers.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Little room for advancement unless you move to corporate
Great culture, work/life balance, and benefits, but decreasing compensation for employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 12, 2017
The company constantly makes groundbreaking moves in the wireless industry. The team-oriented work culture has provided some of the best customer service experience I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Calling time off is incredibly easy as long as it isn't during the big retail holidays (Black Friday, Christmas). Health and 401k benefits are great. The largest downside are the constant commission decreases. The decreases aren't huge, but over time can cause concern. But overall, aside from the fluctuating pay, if you enjoy retail, an absolutely solid company to work for.
T-Mobile is an excellent company to work for and offer good compensation and room for advancement.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for T-Mobile and valued the work environment and the people within. They offered health benefits, 401k, and even company stocks each year of your employment. It was mostly a fast paced atmosphere and most of the management were easy to work with and, for the most part, listened to any concerns you had and were closely involved in your sales development. The only complaint might be that the management seemed to change often, but mostly due to the promotion or relocation of staff. The hardest part of the job is, perhaps maintaining your quota in a location that may not be as busy all the time and having to cold call customers to drive business into the store, but over all that is a good learning experience for someone in sales. The returning customers and serving them along with working with many great people were the best parts of my daily job and I will miss the good friends I made while I was there. I would recommend a position here to anyone that is interested in technology and sales.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good pay, Stock options, 401k, Fun environment, and good people.
Cons
Slow days were the only con for me, but were not the norm for most of the time I was there.
Great people with great attitudes
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of a check-in list which explains our daily goals and new promotions.
I have learned patience, and different more new and improved sales tactics.
For the most part all of management is fair and great leaders.
My coworkers work very hard which establishes great team environment because everyone works together.
The hardest part of the job is trying to close on time.
The most enjoyable part of this job are the perks, team builders and potlucks, allowing us to build an even stronger bond with each other.
Pros
Free Lunches at times, good company, clean breakroom
Cons
short lunches, standing up all day
A good place to work with good benefits.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Work day is a typical eight hours. Multiple clients come in with multiple issues, and needs. Sales associates are also techs, billing support, and any common issue handlers so they can't focus on sales alone. Management was exceptional at helping you operate within your needs. Co-workers are helpful and competent. The hardest part of the job was knowing that your performance was only based on sales and not overall work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and helping clientele to be fulfilled with their purchases.
Pros
benefits, atmosphere
Cons
performance based completely on sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.