T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 4,943 reviews matching the search
Could use some changes.
Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I think that T-Mobiles culture has changed for the worst. The new culture is turning the business into Disney for wireless. This in return has almost erased all traces of professionalism in the retail environment. Once you enter the retail environment you have pretty much reached a dead end. There is not other position that is available to you in Atlanta. Once you enter sales, that is it. The stress increases as you climb uphill. All other positions you would have to leave the state for simply to obtain them. Positions that could be held from anywhere are all in Bellevue Washington. Other than that, the benefits are great and the company tries real hard to give their employees the most, however the company has become the most stressful place ever to work.
Benefits
Cons
Constant change and zero work life balance
It was a job,
Customer Service/Trainer/Quality Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 26, 2017
I got denied numerous times when I applied for advancements, such as a trainer, supervisor, quality assistant. They said my quality didn't make the cut. However I sat down with a manager and it did, and didn't make any sense. They refused to give me my bonuses because I didn't complete my phone time. I actually did complete it but they said because I didn't get calls for a long length of time that slow time between calls didn't count. I advised them that they were having me work an overnight shift from 6:45pm to 3:15am so I could only do my phone time after I was done coaching my team.
Pros
overtime
Cons
horrible management all around, high costing benefits, low pay, no raises, unwilling to pay out bonuses.
Supportive job environment, and excellent benefits.
Retail Sales Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 13, 2017
I worked with wonderful people for many years.
My management was wonderful and supportive.
Opportunity for advancement was good.
Hardest part: Company progressively became a very high pressure sales environment. I was expect to sell things to people that they didn't really need or want.
Best part: I worked part time and received amazing benefits, I worked with an awesome team, I accumulated paid time off working part time, they were flexible with my school schedule, very organized company, and fun customers.
Pros
Flexible to your schedule, outstanding benefits, fun environment, and opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Increasingly high pressure sales environment-Customers best interest not in mind.
Intense Sales Environment and Moderate Company Goal
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at work is getting customer in the door that have problems, complaints about their bills, or want to buy service and products.
I've learned that people can be irate or completely cooperative.
Management for GP Mobile is at a good start, but the could do better.
Workplace Culture is fine, but hiring people that just need a minimum of 18 years of age means there are a lot of immature and dramatic people.
The way the promotions for T-Mobile work are shady and can often be done incorrectly, given the representative isn't knowledgeable.
The environment isn't fast-paced.
Hardest part of the job is the Sales pressure and constant changing environment. Always having to reach an unlikely goal and an inconsistent commission check.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I meet every day and the technology I see.
Pros
Rate Plan discount, Meeting new people
Cons
Hard-to-get healthcare, tough to get out on time
Fast Paced Performance Driven Environment
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 17, 2017
High Stress with Impossible performance standards that you are required to excel in every day. Management typically adds to the pressure to excel in any given metric and isn't open for feedback. Job security is essentially non existent, but as long as you don't mind not having a personal or home life then working at T-Mobile isn't that bad!
Pros
Compensation, Health Benefits, Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Management, Closed Door Policy, Work/Life Balance
Best Carrier to work in
Retail Associate Manager (RAM) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Of the big four carriers across the USA, T-Mobile is close to being the best to work for. The benefits are fantastic, the PTO is abundant, and the commission structure is clear, although constantly changing. The job culture is also second to none; T-Mobile puts high emphasis on working in a fun, innovative, and hip environment. T-Mobile also rewards hard work with constant incentives and prizes for sales associates, including a chance to win an all expenses paid trip to a premier destination for being top 1% in sales! The drawbacks are the pay structure of Associate Management and the long retail hours during the holiday season, as well as the occasional unruly customer (but that is typical of retail). Other than that, as long as you perform you job with honesty and dedication and are willing to go with all the changes the wireless industry comes with, T-Mobile proves that it is, indeed, one of the best of the carrier to work in.
Pros
PTO, benefits, job culture
Cons
Pay structure for middle management
Overall good start up
Retal sales associate and retail store manager (Former Employee) –  Cary NcOctober 25, 2016
Really enjoyed my tenure at tmobile it has it challenges just as any retail job does the benefits are excellent pay is great opportunity for advancement is great the one and only complaint is the politics that play so much inside of leadership roles more then any other company I've ever worked for I've seen countless time where high performers are over looked and under appreciated by management than those who choose to play the politics. It's seems that Tmobile internaly is really geared up to who you kno and a lot less of what you kno and what you produce. Management and polimits will reward individuals who sacrifice integrity to shine
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Management may stifle you
PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 15, 2016
Great if you are looking to save up before you go to the job you actually want. Highly competitive and the expectations are a bit out of reach if you are in the wrong location.

If you ever have an issue about your management well then you are out of luck. The management staff is not there to help you grow just to help you get better numbers so they may get the credit.

Good enough pay to stay for a little while but not a career.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Management structure
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 14, 2016
T-mobile has a relaxed corporate culture that enables me to be myself and still exceed sales quotas. I enjoy working with my co-workers and providing my service and knowledge to customers. I work harder because commission plays a large role in my pay. I have to do my best as often as possible to get the most out of my sales techniques.

It can be stressful when customers are irate and getting angry. Emotion runs high but I have to keep a level head while I sort out the issue. Whether its an overdue or expensive bill, a broken phone, customer service issues or just someone not happy, keeping cool and fixing the customer's issue becomes my top priority.

Once I've helped the heated customers, I greatly enjoy aiding someone by successfully troubleshooting their phone and getting their praise. It's easy to turn someone's day around when their pictures are saved and transferred.
Pros
Flexible schedule, commission
Cons
Can get crowded, irate customers
Not great for Software Engineers
Manager of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2017
There is not a typical day, week or year. We work around the clock to stesfy mostly the management. Every 18 to 24 month the company replacing the CIO, and each one of them changing the organization completely. During my 11 years in the company, I worked under 6 CIOs and non of them contribute to the companyn. over all it is a mess!!! The atmosphere is unpleasent and there is no transpernsy.
Pros
Stocks and bonus
Cons
no work life ballance, no internal promotions to the highest level
Flexible and Fast pace changes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2017
T-Mobile is a very flexible company to work for especially for those who are students. Management and advancement depends on your location and district. Benefits are amazing!

The CEO is super amazing! Apart of his unorthodox leadership style sometimes meaning learning things really quickly before your shift starts and having to pitch to customers.
Pros
discounts, flexible, fun work environment
Cons
Things can change over night
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 29, 2016
T-mobile is the best job I have ever had and I would highly recommend anyone to work here. All of my managers seemed to be there for me, they cared and were always helpful when it came to becoming better at the job and trying to advance.
This job pays well with the potential to bonus every single month and has excellent benefits not limited to health care, dental, vision but also help with child care and medical reimbursement.

They also like to have fun there were several occasions we were allowed off the phones to go and have fun like casino day, another day they had carnival games set up in the parking lot. T-Mobiles CEO is awesome seriously there were two occasions he came in while i was there and hes no ordinary CEO so everybody was hype when he came in and he makes you motivated to work harder and make your money.

The hardest part for me is that i have anxiety and I had a hard time separating feeling actually empathy rather then just showing empathy. Customers can be harsh and they will talk all over you if you let them. This is the only reason I no longer work there.
Hyperactive workplace with very little organization
Key holder/Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Although I held this job for a little over a year I did not enjoy my time there. T-Mobile management was very unorganized with zero urgency in changes. I moved up in my position within 2 months of me working there however I stayed stuck in that position for far to long. I was told that I would be moved up and given a raise multiple times neither of which happened. I do not recommend this job for anybody looking to grow with the company or be taken seriously. My coworkers were all great people and the atmosphere was outstanding, however management was not up to par. While working there for only a year, my store went through three different managers none of which could perform the tasks given. Instead they all depended on the two key holders to do everything while they sat around and did absolutely nothing. At one point I as a key holder had to train my new manager and even then I did not get the recognition I deserved. All in all during my time working here I learned it is not about how hard you may think you work, it is all in who you know higher up.
Pros
commission, customer relationships, discount on phone bill
Cons
unorganized, little pay, manipulative management
Great Company, Great Benefits, Have to Find A Great Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Elgin, ILOctober 15, 2016
The company is absolutely amazing. Money and benefits are great as well. If you're in a store that doesn't fit you, then you'll be miserable. You're definitely going to be at work more than you are at home, if you're doing your job correctly and if you take pride in your work, so if you're at a store and you don't get along with management or staff then you're not going to be happy at all. If you find a store where everything is working and the management and staff are productive and respectful, you'll thrive and soar and be happy with the company.
Pros
Great money, Great Company
Cons
Employee turnover, long hours, long weeks, store management
Encouraging management, serious fun, opportunities for advancement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl City, HIMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work generally consists of troubleshooting customers' phones, helping others make decisions on their cellular and lifestyle needs, and ensuring the safety of everyone's personal information. I learn that cell phone service is one of the most crucial aspects of daily living. Management is always encouraging and is very flexible with scheduling. The culture is competitive, but also motivating and supportive. The hardest part of the job, for me, is the possibility for rejection (when offering products). The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers leave happy because of their new device, or just when we fix their technical problems.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, commission, lenient breaks/lunches
Cons
Store competitions, sales, boot camps
Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2017
This versatile company was fun and inviting to work for. We were involved in a teamwork environment working for a common goal such as increased revenue and in return rewarded. Management was actively involved with our success and failures providing employees with insight and positive feedback. The hardest part of the job was when there was a technical situation that I've exhausted all my resources and needed to send a client a new cell phone. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping customers in reach with their loved ones across miles on a plan that the clients were satisfied with.
Pros
Game rooms, great benefits, overtime, healthcare.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun work environment, potential to make a lot of money!!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 14, 2017
The management is great, and I can reach to the area vp and not get questioned about it as an RSA. It's a company that is truly about being different, having serious fun, the UNcarrier. It may be slow to promote, but that depends on district and there are tons of people that want to move up, but there's also a lot who want to stay being an RSA. They enjoy the customer interaction and don't want management. Plus sometimes, with commission the way it is, a good RSA can make more than the RAM. The benifits to here are great, PTO accrual, stock bonuses, 401k, h/v/d insurance, tuition assistance.
Pros
Free lunches, outings, you can always be yourself, no need to go to work and fake it.
Cons
It can be hard to move to a closer store if you start at a farther one away from your house.
Great working enviroment where you are allowed to be yourself.
Team of Experts Account Expert (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2017
The workday is actually pretty smooth. You go in, read any breaking news for the company and also look to see if there are any known issues. From there you start to take your calls and assist customers in whatever they need. The culture there is a laid back one where you can listen to music. Now the hardest part of the day would have to be explaining the bill or why a service was disconnected. The best part of the day is when you speak to someone and show them how to help themselves so that they don't have to go through the automated system and be on hold for a rep. The teaching of self-help is a great feeling once the customer gets it.
Pros
Laid back, Music Playing, Benefits, Earning Potiential
Cons
Short breaks and lunches.
amazing company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sierra VIsta, azJanuary 20, 2017
Overall an amazing company to work for. Each day was a new experience, which was probably my most favorite part of the day, the store is packed and customers are anxious and employees are shining. I learned patience, multi tasking at its finest, the culture of our store was always entertained with music and technology (who wouldn't love working in that environment) the hardest part of my job is over coming a huge obstacle involving on the phone associate assistance, and maintaining a timely manner. the most enjoyable part of my job was sending my customers home with a device I set them up with based off assessing the customer and getting to know their day to day and their needs.
Pros
company gatherings. they made sure everyone stayed connected as a district.
Cons
overcoming obstacles with some management.
great benefits
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 5, 2017
Amazing benefits for full and part time people - best in the industry. Companyis cutting edge on the competition and has been very creative in leading the industry in new direction that serves the customer better than in the past. they do this at lightning speed which alos leads to Fire, Aim, Ready methodology. and lots of re do on the back side. solid culture of
Pros
phone plan for employees
Cons
work life balance is very difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.