T-Mobile Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,053 reviews matching the search
Always Evolving
District Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 29, 2016
Working for the un-carrier is always fun and challenging. The sales staff is mainly Millenials with tons of energy but lacks a bit in the sales skills. The promotions and offers are always so good that a lot of reps are simply order takers.

My pod of peers and support team members is world class and despite the uncertainty created by leadership (VP/Directors for example), I've never felt more teamwork in my life. The culture is awesome in that regard.

People tend to idolize the C-level managers (they're seriosuly mini celebrities here) which is creates a barrier and a lot of people keep constructive feedback to themselves unfortunately.
Pros
Culture, Fast Paced, Benefits
Cons
Goal Setting, B Level Managers
Great Environment, Great Place to begin career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 15, 2016
Typical Day at work is to make sure all trainings were done and from there prep yourself for the day and on-coming customers.

I learned a lot about all the different functions each phone has to offer, To ALWAYS bring a Positive attitude to work, and OFFER OFFER OFFER. Also extended my leadership skills with being in charge of new hires and setting them up with the right Tools to succeed

Management for me unfortunately wasn't the greatest. For the Last 6 months of my employment the new DM and GM were not supportive towards all there Sales Reps

The Hardest Part about the Job I feel for most would be to get used to following up with current customers make sure they are enjoying their service and also gives you an opportunity to offer new services or Product.

The best part of the job for me would be all the Different people you get to interact with, you definitely get to interact with new and interesting people every single day.
Pros
Great Career Opportunity, Benefits, Skill Building
Great company to work for!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 3, 2016
T-Mobile has amazing benefits and a great company culture which is created by some of the best leaders in the wireless industry. In management you are expected to work long days and come in on a moments notice on your days off. You are always on call and meetings are usually scheduled on your off day to not "interfere" with your schedule. If the district level management team followed the example set by the leaders of the company it would be a 5 star rating.
Pros
Benefits, senior leadership and sales teams
Cons
no work life balance
A fun company to work for-- Great Career Company
Sales Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2015
What can be said about a company that I grew up with? First, the mobile industry is recession proof. That being said, T-Mobile and its values has sincerely kept me motivated and developed over the course of my career. They focus on your strengths and ensure they continuously develop you for future roles. The emphasis on work life balance has always been high and the PTO package is second to none. I have stayed with this company due to its commitment to its employees and its generous benefits package. Not to mention, the compensation has always been very competitive.
Pros
This Company knows how to play to win and have fun!
Cons
Sometimes the politics are a bit much.
poor job work/life balance, but high possible commission
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 28, 2015
A typical work consisted of 10 - 11 hours, and required the worker to either open or close the store. Strict management that exerted an extreme amount of pressure to achieve the daily sales as well as the monthly sales goal. Managers sought to create a highly competitive environment between the representatives which caused a lack in team work required to achieve the store's goals, instead of just the individual's goals for the day. Handing customer complaints, or troubleshooting devices.
Pros
Benefits, child care subsidy
Cons
short breaks, promotion of team work
Best Job for a College student
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2016
Very competitive environment but compensation is amazing. A typical work shift is about 5 to 6 hours you are a fully trained salesman before you hit the sales floor. You have monthly goals that you must hit every month and you make commission plus hourly pay. You are constantly learning and the field is forever changing, it's very challenging but also very rewarding. My co-workers are like a competitive family we love each other and want to see each other strive for more. The hardest part of the job is remembering that you can always make the sale, but do it the right way. Most enjoyable part of the job hands down is the compensation.
Pros
AMAZING BENEFITS, AMAZING PAY
Cons
Morals are tempted
Fine Job for In-Between Life Steps
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 4, 2016
It is typically a part time job with short work hours, but the commission payout is not usually less than 1,000 dollars per month, so it can take the place of a full time job at about $13 dollars an hour. That is not bad for someone who is going to school a few times a week or needs to balance other things going on.

There is enough room for advancement to assistant manager or store manager, but like any other retail store, the bus ends there. Still, those positions provide a good payout for someone who is at the beginning of their career.

There is obviously a sales component and it is going to affect someone who does not like selling negatively. If you have any experience meeting quotas or being pressured to up sell you should be fine. Furthermore, if you are really on the ball keeping up with tech and into selling and in a busy store, you can get some bills paid.

Overall, if you are going to apply to a cell phone carrier, this is the one to apply for.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
No full time
Fun Workplace depending on what group you are in...
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 21, 2016
After having been in the company for more than 15 years, I'd say that T-Mobile is a fun place to be. Management is generally supportive.

However, depending in which group you are in and what project you are working on, you might not have a work/life balance. This has progressively become a problem in the group I am in, having to work through many weekends in a row.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours and Weekend work
Fun workplace with high morale
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 23, 2015
A typical day at the job consisted of answering incoming calls in regards to promotions, billing inquiries, and technical support. While working for T-Mobile, I've learned to adapt to change at a rapid pace. I never felt it was an issue to approach management with any issues or concerns as they were easily accessible for assistance. My co-workers were extremely helpful, and always willing to lend a hand if help was needed! The hardest part of the job for myself was to adjust to all the different systems we used for the job, once I understood the functions, it became a lot easier. I really enjoyed the benefits of working for T-Mobile, the pay, and the atmosphere.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
N/A
It is a stable place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Pay is great if you are selling as much as you should be. Benefits are awesome such as PTO. Goals are unrealistic and the pressure is very high. co workers are amazing however management lacks the ability to communicate properly with its employees. Felt that your job was in jeopardy and threatened to be fired but there was never any follow through.
High Stress Eviroment
Customer Service Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 3, 2016
Pitch, pitch, pitch, sell, sell, sell. The words you would hear on a typical day. Loads of customers upset about their bill and at the end of the call you have to sell sell sell, doesn't matter if they are a month behind and clearly can't afford an extra 20 dollars a month, better sell that ten gig or you are not getting a bonus. Management pushes you like crazy. Hardest part of the job is fighting your moral judgement when you see people struggling and knowing that they can't afford the next plan up but you have to sell it to them anyways. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits (gym, pay, vacation, winning stuff).
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, upsell, stress
Great Sales Stepping Stone
Retail Senior Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2015
The work place is a very sales driven and competitive environment dedicated to reaching sales goals, and achieving high numbers. With the proper team and management, anyone can potentially perform well working for this company. The hardest part of the job would only be a problem for individuals staffed at lower traffic stores. It is true that everyone can reach goals no matter where they are located geographically if they are proficient in their selling abilities, but if a month is slow, or if traffic is down in one month, it becomes a struggle to reach these goals; especially when this company requires reps to hit a minimum quota to get paid a commission at all. All in all a great opportunity if one is looking to increase sales experience.
Pros
Competitive sales environment, potential to make great profit
Cons
No 401k and little health benefits, an un-perfect compensation structure, no paid holidays or vacation time.
Awesome company to work for!
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 19, 2016
Everyday, we are enouraged to be ourselves and be "uncarrier." We are getting rid of pain points in the wireless industry, and we are having a lot of fun doing it!
I am an advanced technical support specialist. I ask probing questions to determine the issue, and then provide reassurance of help and on the spot resolution.
Management, is always on hand to help and provide constructive feedback to ensure we are on the right track. My co-workers are more like family, its hard to imagine life without them.
I would say the hardest part of my job is fixing the issue in a timely manner. The devices dont change, you have to build a rapore with your customer and understand how they learn so you can instruct them on how to navigate the device settings and fix the issue.
For me, the most enjoyable part is the interactions with customers.
Pros
Tons of great benefits and prizes
Cons
New schedule every 6 months based on your rank within the site.
T-mobile
Retail Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 8, 2016
T-Mobile was an amazing stepping stone for me filled with special people who truly believe in the sale. I have nothing but nice things to say about the " Life " growth it provided for me , the many meals and gifts for my family members. I wouldn't be the salesman I am today without it & Ill always cherish it for the experience and lessons. During my employment with T-mobile I got promoted to a Retail Assistant manager this provided me with unique situational management. For example , on the spot coaching conversations , Performance Improvement plans , Follow up conversation and Positive recognition .
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, great commission structure and tons of contests
Cons
401k, Benefits and Paid Time Off
Great Call Center Job
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 18, 2016
T-Mobile is a great call center job, but it is still a call center. T-mobile has a great overall atmosphere, however they do enjoy micromanaging. There are many great perks to the job however, and this does make it worth it.

Pay is above average and the training is wonderful. I would recommend to my friends. I do dislike the changing shift policy that T-mobile has. While it is fair it makes things such as child care or college courses difficult to plan for in the future. The changing shifts is ultimately what led to my departure.
Pros
Great pay, benefits.
Cons
Micromanagement
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TorranceOctober 19, 2015
T-Mobile is great place to work when you have a true sales manager and a great team that has your back. As an entry-level part time position you have potential to make a lot of money, that is if you work really hard.

Depending on management, if you get a true sale manager, they can be flexible with your school schedule and they understand were all humans so sometimes we need time off.

Like any other sales job, you may be a part time representative but sometimes you have to stay past your hours to reach a goal.

From my 8 year experience, there was little chance of internal promotions, they either hired people in or promoted the people they liked. Like any type of job there will always be politics, so just make sure you are in the right side.
Pros
Free lunches, not very stressful
Cons
incompetent management
High energy and fast paced enviornment
Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, NYJanuary 11, 2016
The day usually consists of 1 on 1 with reps to create opportunity for store growth. Learned people management skills and that high volume locations require a lot patience and the ability to listen without interrupting. Working on a management team primarily consists of knowing first and foremost we are a team and that teamwork is the most important thing necessary to accomplish goals. There really isn't a "hardest part" of the job. Everything being worked on requires attention and detail. Precision in handling the customers and employees is how a business is successful.
Pros
Flexible hours, 401K, great health benefits, stock options
Cons
Little room for growth
Good pay/benefits, terrible work culture
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2016
I only recommend working for T-Mobile if it's on a short-term basis. Management is full of egos, there is hardly and support for sales staff, and the metrics they grade their employees on are unreasonable. All of this together makes for a subpar work environment.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Culture, customers
its nice to work here.
Sr. Informatica Developer/ IDQ Developer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 5, 2016
.I can see that work culture is very respectable.
.I have learnt lot of technical skills which helps in my career.
As well i learnt management skills.
Not a fun place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2016
Work/Life balance is very lacking.
Constant shift changes.
Management is fickle and unreliable.
High stress job.
Culture is very mundane and very stressful.