T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
For careers in sales- this is the place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 8, 2017
Competitive but relaxed atmosphere where your salary is boosted significantly by your motivation as a sales representative. Good morale and has opportunities for advancement.
Pros
bonus checks, great benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Fun and Competitive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 8, 2017
T-Mobile is a great place to work and build your resume as well as career, but to me it was just hard to balance retail hours with family life. If you are looking for a job where you can grow I do recomend T-Mobile and their benefits are great.
Pros
Growth and benefits
Cons
Retail hours make it hard for family life
Chill place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 7, 2017
Fun competitive place to work. You get paid depending on how much you worked for. Getting to interact with customers is fun and you get to spend time to know your customers. Customers sometimes treat you for taking care of them.
Tmobile
Sales/mangement (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Great place I every work at very balance work area ornagized and mangement wasvery well mall hours was the only thing over all great company amazing benfits
Cons
Hour
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Great place work if your into technology. Love the interaction with the customers and networking. Being a sales representative helps you become a peoples person in providing great customer service.
Keeping a smile while on the phones was key
Senior Customer Service Rep/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2017
This position was a mixture of fun and stress sometimes but at end of a call or the day it was satisfying to know you helped a customer and the company retain that customer's business. What made it stressful is the amount of customers who call in and sometimes were verbally abusive but on the other hand there were plenty of friendly ones too. Desk sharing sometimes was a concern with flu season. However, management did make sure air ducts were cleaned annually, and provided hand sanitizer at all times. Workplace culture was always upbeat and positive. Management would do contests and provide prizes. Advancement to floor support, senior, supervisor positions was attainable with support from own supervisor on how to achieve it. Building was secured with security and door badges so environment felt safe.
Pros
Free phone account, benefits, bonuses.
Cons
following a script or having to say specific things even if not relevant to the call, Low score customer surveys can affect your employment even when low score was not about you.
Productive Store
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 7, 2017
Lots of sales on a daily basis, improved my customer service skills, in my honest opinion management could be a little bit more organized amongst each other the lack of communication made it harder to perform our jobs.
Fun plave to work but can be stressful
Customer service rep/sales (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2017
Management is a mixed back it depends who you end up with. Hours are long and call volume is huge. Pay is amazing though and the bonuses are to die for.
Pros
Great pay, fun environment
Cons
Long hours, hit or miss management, changing teams every 6 months
The ideal work place
Sales associate/Customer service (Former Employee) –  2005 market strertSeptember 7, 2017
No day is ever normal a T-mobile, But it is an ideal place to work its the best place to work. Manangment beyond the store was not cositent but it bother me much because i knew the bussines and what was required of me.
Hostile Environment where management was poor
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for tmobile however i uncovered that the management was purely political and had no support for their employees whatever, they were selfish and I seldom received support to conduct daily tasks.
Great Place to Work
COACH (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 6, 2017
I loved every minute of my employment. They offer a teaching environment at every level of employment and their benefit package and pay scale cannot be beat in the local area.
Amazing Company with Amazing Benefits
Retail Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
T-Mobile is a company where the sky is the limit. There are so many job opportunities and upwards mobility throughout the entire US. I would recommend this company for anyone who loves technology and solving customer pain points.
Pros
Phone Discounts good benefits
Cons
Direction of the company can change on a dime
Pressure cooker environment
Senior UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 6, 2017
For those who love the fast paced world where waterfall dreams of becoming agile by descending into chaos with no real documentation or planning, then the technology group at T-Mobile is your dream job. T-Mobile suffers from all the headaches of too many cooks in the kitchen trying to manage the pot that refuses to boil.

For years the company has been understaffing projects to support key initiatives or outsourcing the work offshore to engineering teams who have never produced a product that customers would rate higher than 2 stars in the app store.

There seems to be a shift in adding more people, but T-Mobile leadership does not increase timelines to let these new people learn and adjust to the project material. Deadlines and launch dates are arbitrarily made with no consideration to the feasibility of the timeline or the project. The expectation is that everyone will just bear down and get the job done for as long as it takes. This has resulted in massive burnout and causes morale to decline sharply. Work life balance is a myth and those who try to force the issue are passed over for promotion in favor of those who are willing to give their entire life to the company.

Growing the design team is a step in the right direction because it allows all of us to play to our strengths and start holding on to the tribal knowledge needed to make our products and experiences better. The design team is a lot of fun and is working on carving its own niche at T-Mobile. We have weekly team lunches, compete in contests, and take part in volunteering when T-Mobile has projects
  more... we can participate in.

While getting a generous amount of PTO each year, stock options and yearly performance bonuses are nice benefits, T-Mobile still fails be competitive with their base and overall compensation plan in comparison with other companies of similar size and scale in the greater Seattle area.
Pros
stock options, generous amount of PTO, employee match on charitable donations
Cons
lack of work life balance, no career advancement opportunities, stuck on a dead end project
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2017
This is truly one of the best places to work. The environment is relaxed and comfortable it is like working with family here. The dress code is relaxed and they are all about you being yourself in fact it is celebrated.
linux administator at Tmobile
VMware/Linux Admin/Build and Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 6, 2017
I would like work with T-Mobile in future. I learned a lot professionally. i highly recommend other to work at T-Mobile. its fun to work with T-Mobile.
Typical Sales Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I worked part time, through a authorized retailer Wireless Vision. From what i understand is ran differently than corporate.

I would usually start my day assessing where i am as an individual in the company leaderboard and pretty much build my daily goals from it. when customers walk in, we assess the customers problem and find a way to help AND sell.

This was the hardest part to me is to remain in a very upbeat manner for an extended amount of time, when I'm naturally a very relaxed person. I did very much enjoy the fast paced environment.

Our management for the location i was in were very helpful. I had a store manager who is probably the most strict in the district and an assistant manager who was pretty laid back and is very efficient. This is one job I could say that pushed me to make myself uncomfortable and being more goal oriented.
Pros
phone service discounts, commission, freebies, flexible hours
Exciting work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 6, 2017
There was not a typical work day. Every day some thing new would come about. My location was right off of the University's campus and was in the heart of the entertainment district.

I enjoyed meeting college star athletes paying their bill there, Meeting local celebrities, my co-workers, every aspect of the job.

Management was on point and very straight forward and delegated very well.

The hardest part was having to leave.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
N/a
merit based
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MESeptember 6, 2017
Sales is a requirement which is not described when you apply. hard to get the shift you want. Coachings are when they tell you what you're doing wrong, lots of feedback and monitoring.
benefits
Cons
ust sell
fun sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 5, 2017
the workers are fun to be around evemn though I was in a third party location we were making good money and hustling its a great job for a college student trying to pay for their way through school and learn more about how sales and the industry
Pros
commission
Cons
not enough hours
Lead Sales Associate
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  raytwn, moSeptember 5, 2017
Great Management that believes in you. Work hard and be rewarded, if you're able to talk to people and dig into product knowledge you'll excel with T-Mobile.
Pros
advancement
Cons
work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.