T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 4,308 reviews matching the search
Great leadership job
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 18, 2015
I was a Store Manger. Great pay, loved the job. Just got burnt out of working my butt off and being a top performer just to be told that I was not read for a DM position. I was more successful and educated than what was required, however it was the good ole boys that got the positions.
Pros
pay, co-workers, benefits
Cons
lack of upward mobility past Store Manager
Fun place to work
Retail Store Manager, High Volume (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 3, 2016
Fun place to work. You have the ability to move up in the company if you put in the work. Great benefits and pay. If you like a fast paced environment, this is a perfect job for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Uncapped commission. Fun place to work.
Cons
Pressure to hit all goals and a ton of metrics.
Great Culture, Great Benefits.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 9, 2016
T-Mobile is a great company to work for. They really care about their employees and the pay and benefits they provide prove that.
Great pay & incentives
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2015
routine work, answer inbound calls - billing - troubleshooting - account management.

Management was great - except my coach. The hardest part of my job was navigating to EVERY policy on EVERY call and the systems are very slow.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, incentives , and bonuses. Lots of incentives to make people want to work there. Dress as you wish -LITERALLY.

Pay in Springfield, MO for me with no call center experience was $12.64 to start, after 6 months a raise up to 75 cents. Lots of incentives to come to work (bonus paid about 45 days AFTER the month of the bonus) and if you get fired you LOOSE your bonus for the previous month that you worked so hard for.

I loved working here, If i had a chance I would honestly go back of course with a new coach.

Tmobile as a company is really a good company. I just wish I had a new coach.

Pay every 2 weeks - 5.86 hours of paid time off is given for use every 2 weeks.

Lots of perks - just stay away from my old coach.
Pros
Pay - Bonus - Awesome Employer - Discount 75% on services
Cons
Bad Coach (Jamison B***) - Verbal Abuse by customers -
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 30, 2015
T-Mobile really takes care of it's employees as well as it's customers. The compensation is great and the discount you get as well as other incentives makes working for T-Mobile wonderful. I never felt like I was doing anything that was unethical when it came to assisting our customers and the management team there honestly has your back.
Pros
great pay, great environment, awesome company
great company
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 20, 2016
The day to day job is difficult, but the compensation and benefits are great.
They look out for the employees and customers,
Pros
benefits compensation
Cons
job is taxing and there are no room for errors
Long tedious hours but fun place to work overall.
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 16, 2015
the shifts are 12 hrs long which can be tedious but its mostly slow. There will be days when two people wont show up for a shift of 4 and it's very difficult to find someone to come in. Employees act very carelessly because most contractors get little to no benefits on the job.
Fun place with movie and game room
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 1, 2015
Incoming calls from wireless customers, accept payments, troubleshoot, sell product

laid back work environment

management wants you to succeed and advance

no high pressure sales
Pros
Great benefits, laid back work environment, no dress code
Cons
Occasional forced overtime
Productive environment where you can learn alot at
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2016
A typical day a T-Mobile in my opinion was fast, and enjoyable from the co-workers, to the managers, to the customers. Over the 2 1/2 years of working with the company I learned how to sale phones in a proper way, how to help co-workers sale phones, and to help the customers get the right service to fit them. I would say the hardest part of the job was the counting of all the inventory and making sure everything was there, and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers leave happy and you knowing that you help them and they left with to the best of your ability.
Pros
Employees get 75% off our bill being under the dealer line, 50% off all accessories
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch, dental and health insurance rates were extremely high
t mobile is ok but if ur a manager its great
CAE SALES/ FLOOR LEAD/ Tech Support (Current Employee) –  11th and e washington dcAugust 6, 2016
t mobile acts like it cares the reps all the time but they force the wrong things down reps throats like sell business lines we as a company has a business department they lowered our commission base and the ceo dos not get it when it come to humans and the money is great but in the end i just got to 12.13 an hour after 3 years of hard work and dont get me wrong tmobile was a great job but now its just wrong and they always hire the wrong type of people and wonder why a store has no good customer service there is many many more but i do not want to waste to much time on this if you want to work for tmobile go ahead just know after a while you will be annoyed
Pros
long hours, discounts on plans
Cons
full price on phones, no free phones, cant move up unless your in dm pocket
Cool
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2016
.Be bold. Be great. Have fun.
Welcome to the best kind of work, where you can bring your enthusiasm, give your all, and leave each day feeling challenged, empowered, and excited. T-Mobile employees will tell you: there’s nothing like the feeling you get when you make a difference to your customers—and your co-workers. At T-Mobile, we’re looking for a few great people to bring their passion, fierceness, and hard work to the job. In exchange, we offer real career growth opportunities in a place where awesome work is rewarded.

Responsibilities Customer Service Professional – General Care
Be the point person for our customers, thinking on your feet as you deliver world-class service. This job isn’t for everybody. It’s for driven, confident people, who can rise to the challenge and be advocates for our customers. Sound like you? Here are the basics:
Career opportunities and diverse work environment
Business Sales & Leadership Coach (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 29, 2016
T-Mobile has a diverse and fun work environment. This type of culture allows room for coaching and developing of all employees, which affords them the opportunity to career path into other roles. Leaders really worked to develop an open and feedback culture, where employees could give their managers feedback, both constructive and appreciative along with the managers providing that same type of feedback. T-Mobile has been the underdog for wireless communication for some time, so being led by an edgy and forward-thinking CEO only helped to bring the organization to gain its rightful place to the top.
Pros
diverse, embraced uniqueness and individuality, feedback culture
Cons
employee phone purchase program
Sales!
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 22, 2016
It was expected that you exceeded every months quota. The days would be different of course, some days you would get happy customers ready to buy or ready to convinced to buy and other days you are solving every possible problem that could be experienced within the company as a customer service rep. Management was great overall in the store but DM or RM could be total tools at times. Hardest part about the job sometimes is the truth held in tension. They want you to make sure you set up a happy customer with the right fit, but honestly they expect you to make sales even if it puts the person into a financial crisis.
Pros
You can make some money and lots of move up opportunity.
Cons
Taxes are insane on the commission.
productive store
Hawaii Kai Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hawaii Kai, HIJuly 30, 2016
There are always coming in and out of the store asking for questions or looking for options on devices I love being busy and being able to help my customer in the best way. I've learned how frustrating it is to be a customer and not being able to solve an issue and how i love making them happy and leave the store happy. My coworkers are great to work with as well as management they are always there to help when we need it. Most enjoyable day at work is when it is very busy and the day goes by fast. The hardest part of the job would be when customers come in angry and frustrated and maybe even yelling, I call them down and help them with their issue so they can leave the store happy.
Pros
lunch, busy day
Cons
short break, not many coworkers, working weekends
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 14, 2016
T-mobile has a relaxed corporate culture that enables me to be myself and still exceed sales quotas. I enjoy working with my co-workers and providing my service and knowledge to customers. I work harder because commission plays a large role in my pay. I have to do my best as often as possible to get the most out of my sales techniques.

It can be stressful when customers are irate and getting angry. Emotion runs high but I have to keep a level head while I sort out the issue. Whether its an overdue or expensive bill, a broken phone, customer service issues or just someone not happy, keeping cool and fixing the customer's issue becomes my top priority.

Once I've helped the heated customers, I greatly enjoy aiding someone by successfully troubleshooting their phone and getting their praise. It's easy to turn someone's day around when their pictures are saved and transferred.
Pros
Flexible schedule, commission
Cons
Can get crowded, irate customers
I love the idea of what T-Mobile Stands For
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2015
I love the idea what T-Mobile stands for however this is not correlated down to store level. Store level managers need more training. Also the benefits are great .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
non supportive management. Polictics. inappropriate relationships
Fast pace, fun, energetic
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 11, 2016
Tmobile is constantly evolving to meet the demands of changing consumer demands. Fast pace, energetic and fun . Challenge is finding the right balance between business and home life. The company is always introducing new incentives to directly benefit customers and the employees on the front line. Be prepared to learn, grow through challenge and change and produce at max capacity everyday. I would recommend this company to anyone who's drove exceeds their current financial situation.
Pros
Fun, energetic, opportunities for advancement thru a growing company with a huge untapped market share potential
Cons
Short breaks, constantly changing, updating customers about new info just as fast as you learn it
Great people and great culture.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 17, 2015
I work for T-Mobile through a franchise company by the name of Wireless Vision. On the corporate side I have no feedback to give because it may be entirely different from my experience. The culture is excellent I will admit, however the compensation is not the best. In many cases the sales reps were making more than managers. This caused a sort of domino affect leading to several leaders to drop their position. Co workers are great! The hardest part of the job is the hours. Anyone who has worked retail knows that hours can be all over the place. The most enjoyable part is helping people find a device that fits them best and having access to all the latest and greatest gadgets.
Pros
Culture, Co-workers, Early access to new products
Cons
Compensation is very poor, hours cut into work/life balance
An excellent work life balance
Sales Coordinator/Admin Nor California (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 11, 2016
T-Mobile was an amazing company to work for. If I had not relocated I would have stayed with them. They trained with a very intuitive program. Twice a tear reviews to help improve our personal growth.Continued support when needed. An enjoyable challenging position was the corner stone of their mission. It was a difficult company to leave. Employees were a pleasure to work with and support. I learned many skills but learning to work in an office setting and telecommuting situation gave me the ability to fine tune my obsession with organization and structure. I enjoyed the challenges set for me and felt a great deal of pride when deadlines were met with success.
Pros
ability to work in office and mobile
Cons
long commute but still worth every drive
Fun atmosphere, lacking in the pay dpt
Retail Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2015
Fun place to work, needs better compensation, better management, and leadership. Overall, pretty, fun, but they lack the best managers and sales reps because of lower pay.
Pros
fun and flexible
Cons
low pay