T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Senior Service Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: potential for overtime, good work environment
Cons: sometimes too much unnecessary overtime, rules and regs of the industry
T-Rowe Price was a great gate-way job into the industry. They valued the customer experience first and foremost and made sure to make a large emphasis on their employees, as well.

The pay was not as high as other financial companies in the area and the bonus and pay increases each year were minimal at best.

The area I worked in was a phone group and so most of the time was spent taking incoming calls and servicing thier needs. T. Rowe Price puts a great deal into training their employees so that they have the necessary tools to handle the day-to-day activities. Licensing is needed for certain jobs.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2015
T Rowe was a great place to work, they offer lots of training and room for growth within the company. The greatest part about the Owings Mills campus is the gym and cafeteria.
Great People
Phone associate (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good sense of community with co-workers
Cons: low pay compared to the industry
Great people, great management, decent call volume. Typical day includes talking to customers and providing maintence to accounts, placing distributions, assisting clients with paperwork, talking about tax liability.
Productive and fun
Java Developer (Current Employee), Java DeveloperFebruary 10, 2015
7+ years of Information Technology experience in Software Development and Object Oriented Programming that includes requirement Analysis, Design, Development and implementation of Web Based, Client/Server applications and Database applications.

Expertise in developing and implementing web applications using Java and J2EE Technologies includes Core Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, EJB and JNDI.
Great place to worl
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: lots of events for employees
Cons: the pay is not as good as other employers in the same industry
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The benefits offered were very good and the compensation was decent as well. In a typical day at work, a Retail Account Management (RAM) associate will review paperwork submitted by clients to perform maintanence on their accounts or open new accounts. The paperwork, if in good order is processed as requested and if there is anything missing, we would call the client to obtain the necessary information to complete their requests. Management was accessable and willing to help with any questions, and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was making identifying the requests and routing them properly to other specialists or departments as necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily my co-workers, they made it much easier to get through the day.
Great place to work if you like to be Micro Managed
Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: place is not user friendly
Being second guest all the time Not a fun place to work. Had to move the company 2 times to get into there new building.
Great pay; HQ in MD so no growth unless willing to move
Team Member (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no opportunity for growth
The pay and the benefits are amazing. If you are happy with the position you are hired to do and do not want to grow, this is the job for you. If you have any desire to grow and develop your skills, you will have to move to Maryland or Colorado. You will also be competing with other people that are already located there so it is challenging.
Great place to start or end career
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 15, 2015
Really nice people, supportive work environment. Great place to learn about the industry and begin career, but if you want ongoing progression, it will take a while.

Great place for 40+ people as retirement benefits great, rewarded heavily for tenure.
Temp job
Help Desk Specialist (Short Term Contract) (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: everything
techs are disposable and changed out every six months.Theres nothing you can do to keep this job. When it slows down after tax season, they will let you go.
Good starting job
Operations Intern - Client Administration (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDDecember 31, 2014
Doesn't pay that well, but you have job security here. People are nice, management really tries to connect with staff. Really good benefits.
Corporate upbeat enviorment
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2014
Pros: overtime and lunch provided if short notice.
Cons: some managers are very hard to approach
You are on the phone for the whole day answering inbound calls. I was able to obtain my FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses. Management does seem to be confused with internal departments at times. Friendly co-workers with mostly positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job is having to let customers know that they do not have access to some of their retirement money. When you are able to help a customer achieve their goal it is a very rewarding feeling.
Good Overall Job Culture
Admin Assistant II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement or to take on additional responsibilities, salary is not competitive with other companies of the same nature
The company is a good place to work. Expectations from management are appropriate and the atmosphere is friendly. A typical day overview would include intense examination of many emails, careful assessment of multiple calendars for important pending events & meetings, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, replying to meeting requests, answering the phone, printing reports, interaction with outside contacts, internal staff & managers; meeting deadlines. Supporting my managers by keeping them abreast of upcoming meetings, events, travel, etc. is my general daily task. Attention to detail, the ability to comply with & address last minute requests & flexibility are key components of my day. My managers, with a rare exception, have been reasonable, open & communicative, however demanding & specific in their requests, due to their own high volume, intense workload. I have good working relationships with my managers & enjoy the camaraderie we have between us . My co-workers & I provide good team spirit for each other & work well together. We provide back-up for the each other when & where necessary without supervisory intervention.

The hardest part of the job has been having to accept the lack of opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable parts of the job have been the positive feedback I get from my managers, & knowing that I have done as perfect a job as I can by seeing the results. When I see that the details I have covered have resulted in a good trip or a productive meeting for my managers, helping to make them successful, it's rewarding. But I also enjoy the warm relationships, encouraged by the company, that I have built with my managers & my team members, learning new things & processes, & meeting new people inside and outside of the company.
Productive Employees and Great Atmosphere
Mutual Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDDecember 18, 2014
T Rowe Price is a great company to work for coming out of college. It is a well known and respected company that honors its employees. This can be seen through their wonderful benefits, and it translate into the positive attitudes the employee's have every day.
Great place to start a career.
Retirement Client Services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2014
Great place to start a career. Trow Price really tries to make a tedious job more fun. Trow will sponsor their employees for many different licences and provide full support while you are studying.

I have nothing else to say. Have a nice day. I am required to type forty words.
Great place to get experience in financial services
Senior Audit Consultant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 18, 2014
TRP is a great place to gain experience. There is opportunity to grow in the IT department, but limited in business.
N/A
Financial Personal Services Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Good location, great benefits and friendly co-workers. I don't really have much negative things to say about the company.
I was a temp
HR Assistant - Diversity & Inclusion (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: cold and unfriendly
I don't know what it is like to be a permanent employee there, as I was only temporary.
Fun Workplace
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
a Typical day is Productive and challenging . I enjoy my job and employees .
Excellent place to work with great people
UNIX & Windows Security Consultant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great environment, wonderful supportive people.
Cons: none.
Review security requests to grant access to various devices, locations of files on UNIX/Windows Active Directory & LDAP/NFS shares.

Deploy and engineer a UNIX/Windows integrated active directory authentication solution for UNIX hosts to bind with Active directory

Script audit tasks within UNIX/Linux hosts as well as Windows hosts using powershell

Co-workers are wonderful!

Hardest part of the job was the ever increasing load, which was fixed with more human resources

Most enjoyable part of the job was scripting solutions and working with team members to come up with solutions for company needs.
T. Rowe Price.
Central Operations Support Services (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 29, 2014
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were always helpful and my supervisor was wonderful at managin schedules and making sure all his employees were happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally – Read more

T. Rowe Price Salaries