T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews

I worked on projects within the Financial Portfolio Management department which serves retail clients and institutional investors in Capital Market. T
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 26, 2014
• Expert in requirement analyzing/Modeling Process and Preparing the Business documentation.
• Coordinating the Tollgate Meeting both (Design and pre-Implementation).
• Monitored client expectations at all phases of SDLC.
• Worked in collaboration with Governance and Compliance team for approvals.
• Worked with Audit team for validating the databases.
• Designed message formats, queues, systems interfaces, and worked with the business Users through interviews and JAD sessions.
• Direct Contact to business for the project Change Order.
• Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
• Analyzed, collected and prepared user requirements, definition, scope and expectations for deliverable plans. Delivered system documents, processes, diagrams, and test cases.
• Expertise in managing the project and making the project charter on behalf of manager, finalizing the Budget and finding the any financial loop holes that affect the project standards.
• Worked with SQL and Corporate Data Warehouse systems for arranging Loan Data and Program Rules to build internal reports.
• Involved in Reporting management, using data off different database to for the stake holders of the report and converted the same in the user friendly format like spreadsheets and pivot tables and PowerPoint slides.
• Creating Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS VISIO.
• Working with Developers to keep the project on track. Maintained timelines and project schedules, using MS Project and MS Visio.
• Created Non Requirement
  more... Artifacts like Disaster Recovery Plan and Production Incidents Log.
• Implemented SOX procedures and guidelines in the entire requirements and project framework.
• Gathered requirements to design Marketing and Sales data mart.
• Conducted status meetings and presided over the Change Control Board meetings to discuss Defect, Enhancement and Database Change tickets.
• Provided training to the users on new archived databases to find the data, system interface and data flow.
• Involved in creating Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing.
• Created and maintained the Risk Analysis document.
• Checked that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and Guidelines.
Good Overall Job Culture
Admin Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 26, 2014
The company is a good place to work. Expectations from management are appropriate and the atmosphere is friendly. A typical day overview would include intense examination of many emails, careful assessment of multiple calendars for important pending events & meetings, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, replying to meeting requests, answering the phone, printing reports, interaction with outside contacts, internal staff & managers; meeting deadlines. Supporting my managers by keeping them abreast of upcoming meetings, events, travel, etc. is my general daily task. Attention to detail, the ability to comply with & address last minute requests & flexibility are key components of my day. My managers, with a rare exception, have been reasonable, open & communicative, however demanding & specific in their requests, due to their own high volume, intense workload. I have good working relationships with my managers & enjoy the camaraderie we have between us . My co-workers & I provide good team spirit for each other & work well together. We provide back-up for the each other when & where necessary without supervisory intervention.

The hardest part of the job has been having to accept the lack of opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable parts of the job have been the positive feedback I get from my managers, & knowing that I have done as perfect a job as I can by seeing the results. When I see that the details I have covered have resulted in a good trip or a productive meeting for my managers, helping to make them successful, it's rewarding. But I also enjoy the
  more... warm relationships, encouraged by the company, that I have built with my managers & my team members, learning new things & processes, & meeting new people inside and outside of the company.  less
Pros
good benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement or to take on additional responsibilities, salary is not competitive with other companies of the same nature
Great place if you enjoy being under appreciated & over worked!
Retirement & Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2013
Company has 2 sides : retirement Plans (401k) & retail services: (IRA, non company sponsored Accts, etc) both share 1 site however, culture & management influences make it seem like 2 very different companies. You will be over worked, under appreciated, & under paid UNLESS you fit in with the management fraternity club. At road shows VP's will preach one thing but don't dare attempt to implement any or bring it up to middle management, it's taboo. Middle management from the GM's down have a frat club, upper management from the DM's down have no clue about the trenches & don't want one. They preach "the client" but reallly mean "the business... So the messages are coded & hypocritical... You need to hear thank you for your hard work... Look to co-workers because in any & all coachings or 1x1's you will hear every tiny little thing the can find to deride you (per six sigma) & nothing you did well, even if you cosistently exceed matrix...don't trust a Sup as far as you can throw them, most are back stabbing, phoney, & looking out for their own...
Pros
more ot than you could ask for
Cons
management plays games & picks favorites right out of training
Great company but horrible management
Brokerage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2013
Work alot of OT, which I do not mind, but they like to throw us into other department's queues so we have to do twice as much work for the same pay. definately not in the job description.
Never mess with management. If they do not like you, you will never move up in the company, even if you are an extremely skilled person.
Management used to be very reasonable but the current manager that I have likes to create problems then tries to fix it.
My team envoirnment is amazing! If management treated us like adults and trusted that we as employees would get job done, it wouldn't be so draining on a day to day basis.
The hardest part of my job is the technical aspect of the position. The client expects us to know everything from bonds to all the tax regulations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to people about how they chose the stock they are investing in and having extra activites off the phone.
Pros
401(k) benefits, job security, steady paycheck
Cons
for the same job they pay less than other companies, manadatory ot, have to be liked by management to move up instead of skills.
Games, Games, Games
customer care data analyst (Former Employee) –  rather not say becasue they will track me down.October 2, 2013
This place is a mirage. At first glance it appears to be the best place ever to work, but it quickly unfolds. They lie to you on a regular bases around what they can do for you and dangle a carrot in front of you so you will think your moving forward. Almost every single senior manager has only worked at Trowe and has zero experience in working with a real call center. Oh oops. They hate being called a call center even though that is what they are. They run it like a cult. They openly tell you that they monitor your online social networks and that you should never say anything negative about the company. After 5 years, All I ended up with is an ulcer and a lot of health problems from the mistreatment which they deny ever takes place.
Pros
benifits
Cons
place is run like a cult
Promote your Cronies
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 1, 2015
From my perspective, it seemed the only avenue to promotion into leadership was to be a part of the crony crew. Most members of general management were very close friends, in some cases connections dating back to High School. Promotions seemed to be honored based on friendships and not previous professional experience or true talent. Friendships and being a part of crony club should not be a compelling reason to promote an individual. These high school antics have contributed to my decision to seek employment in a professional environment, where promotions are based on merit and not likeability or one's ability to mesh with a homogenous group.

There is also no life/work balance with mandatory overtime. 8 hours is plenty of life to contribute to work. Family and health is more important. If you are not a crony, you will not experience organizational agility anyway.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Organizational agility, life/work balance
Great place to worl
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The benefits offered were very good and the compensation was decent as well. In a typical day at work, a Retail Account Management (RAM) associate will review paperwork submitted by clients to perform maintanence on their accounts or open new accounts. The paperwork, if in good order is processed as requested and if there is anything missing, we would call the client to obtain the necessary information to complete their requests. Management was accessable and willing to help with any questions, and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was making identifying the requests and routing them properly to other specialists or departments as necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily my co-workers, they made it much easier to get through the day.
Pros
lots of events for employees
Cons
the pay is not as good as other employers in the same industry
Working here is HELL
Financial Services Representative, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2013
OVERWORKED ! UNDERPAID! Working here is a joke. They rope u in with all these promises and they tell you will learn about investing. They train you for two months only to have you get on the phones and unlock peoples online account passwords. Learning about mutual funds means nothing if you spend the day helping people trouble shoot their online passwords. Sounds like a job for IT or the help desk but it was forced on the reps in RIS. OVertime was frequent and sometimes there was not an advanced notice. That is very incosiderate. the turnover rate is extremly high. I was only there for a short time and I saw 3 managers come and leave the department. dont get roped in. T Rowe Price isnt all they say it is.
T.Rowe Price
Corporate Actions Group, Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Captures, validates, and processes corporate action events on a daily basis to ensure accurate valuation of positions and portfolios for all portfolios managed or sponsored by T. Rowe Price.
Interacts with investment staff, custodian banks, portfolio accountants, and other internal and external clients.
Collects data on all corporate action events on a daily basis and updates information in systems. Produces notices to be reviewed; resolves issues utilizing appropriate resources.
Writes up event specific notices into standard template for portfolio managers to take action on, sends notices to PMs.
Checks work of entry-level associates for accuracy in low risk areas; provide ongoing, constructive feedback; provides training and guidance to entry-level associates.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
current department/group is being outsorused
Good Place to work
Senior Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2015
T-Rowe Price was a great gate-way job into the industry. They valued the customer experience first and foremost and made sure to make a large emphasis on their employees, as well.

The pay was not as high as other financial companies in the area and the bonus and pay increases each year were minimal at best.

The area I worked in was a phone group and so most of the time was spent taking incoming calls and servicing thier needs. T. Rowe Price puts a great deal into training their employees so that they have the necessary tools to handle the day-to-day activities. Licensing is needed for certain jobs.
Pros
potential for overtime, good work environment
Cons
sometimes too much unnecessary overtime, rules and regs of the industry
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 14, 2013
I worked at T. Rowe for fourteen years. The people actually doing the work were great-always willing to pitch in. Management was a joke. Inconsistent in philosophy and unsupportive in taking the side of their reports. The kicker was being told of a wage adjustment through the tenure of 3 managers. The final blow was being given a job no one wanted to do. There are good groups within T. Rowe, depending on your discipline but, Marketing Services is not one of them.
Pros
decent benefits, community service days
Cons
wages weren't competitive; never knew who you were taking orders from
Great place to work.
In-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The only major problem is the lack of opportunity for advancement. If you start your career there in an entry-level position, you have the chance to grow to a certain point. Eventually, you get to a point where the only way to move up is management; otherwise, you unfortunately have to look elsewhere for growth. This all relates to the Tampa office.

The people were fun to work with, and it was a nice environment. I was well treated.

Overall, it's a great company. They treat their employees fairly, and I miss working there.
Pros
paid ot, even for salaried workers!!!!
Cons
limited long-term growth; low entry level salary
great atmosphere to work
General Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2013
* stocking copy areas, conference rooms, & pantries, setting up board of directors, client meetings & special events for the company. .
* I've learned no matter what you do for your job it's important to keep everyone happy.
* management is great & nice to work with.
* as for my co-workers we believe team work makes the dream work.
* the hardest part of my job is getting a last minute meetings or events that start in five minutes or less but I still come through to make other employees stress free.
the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all over the world .
Corporate upbeat enviorment
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2014
You are on the phone for the whole day answering inbound calls. I was able to obtain my FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses. Management does seem to be confused with internal departments at times. Friendly co-workers with mostly positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job is having to let customers know that they do not have access to some of their retirement money. When you are able to help a customer achieve their goal it is a very rewarding feeling.
Pros
overtime and lunch provided if short notice.
Cons
some managers are very hard to approach
The T Rowe Price Environment is a great place to begin and advance into a lucrative career.
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 3, 2015
I had the pleasure of being employed with T. Rowe Price for 2 years which allowed me to increase my knowledge within the Financial Industry. On a daily basis, I would interact with clients in dealing with their 401K accounts. This entailed processing transactions and data entry. I established a great rapport with my Supervisor's and co-workers. The more complex problems typically focused on unforeseen situations. Overall I enjoyed assisting client with their everyday needs.
Pros
Training and development, company lunches, on site cafe.
Cons
Unexpected mandatory overtime.
One of the best places to work in Colorado Springs
Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2014
I love the people at T. Rowe Price. Almost everyone I have worked with have been great. I have worked in a few different departments and they have all had their good and bad, but I have been delighted to have the opportunity to move between different types of jobs and learn so much about the company and different aspects of the financial and retirement worlds. It is a great employer to have in Colorado Springs, and I'm sure I will miss it greatly. I am only looking for a different place to work because I am relocating to a place where TRP is not located.
Pros
great people, good benenfits, job stability, different work
Cons
conservative, a little behind on technology
Quality oriented with some perks.
Retirement Plan Services (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 12, 2013
Under the supervision of my manager I had to process loans, withdrawals, mix exchanges, and salary deferrals in a timely manner while meeting the department standards in accordance with quality and number of points. I learned the basic procedures as to how to execute specific distributions and how to escalate issues that required executive review. The management was professional and supportive, as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the quality with the quantity. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I processed requests in a timely manner to accommodate the participant's needs.
Pros
occasssional free lunches, discounts and/or free passes for (family) entertainment.
Day in the life of a TRP Employee
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 30, 2013
Very busy and easy going environment. Great Managers if you were a hard working employee. A lot of room to grow and much training as needed. Benefits were to die for as far as the pay in some positions was under the norm but, if you know how the finance world works you have to move around in the Company to make more money. This is an ideal place to retire. I would have been still there if I didnt have to return home for family personal reasons. I had a blast and was taught a lot.
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
rps - long hours (some positions)
Customer-service oriented company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 16, 2013
Growth potential if managment likes you. Constant change, like the stock market. You always have to be working; very little down time. Most work is on computer. Overtime is unpredictable. Entry level phone and processing groups are micro-managed; use of Verint software. Management does not always understand the work they are supervising. Employees and superivors are mostly young people. Few women and minorities in executive positions.
Pros
half decent benefits, annual company picnic, annual volunteer day permitted, free passes available for museums/aquarium
Cons
work environment, overtime, salary
Excellent place to work with great people
UNIX & Windows Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Review security requests to grant access to various devices, locations of files on UNIX/Windows Active Directory & LDAP/NFS shares.

Deploy and engineer a UNIX/Windows integrated active directory authentication solution for UNIX hosts to bind with Active directory

Script audit tasks within UNIX/Linux hosts as well as Windows hosts using powershell

Co-workers are wonderful!

Hardest part of the job was the ever increasing load, which was fixed with more human resources

Most enjoyable part of the job was scripting solutions and working with team members to come up with solutions for company needs.
Pros
great environment, wonderful supportive people.
Cons
none.