T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews in United States

t rowe
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Pros
great non-monetary benefits, easy company mobility, excellent work-life balance, and really nice people. overall, a really solid company to work for.
Cons
in order to move past a certain level, you definitely need a solid education background or significant professional experience. hard to break through into the trading environment, similar to many competitors
Advice to Management
take smaller bonuses and reward employees at the bottom making less than 50k a year. no reason someone should be making $10 million a year when others at the same company are just trying to stay afloat
Decent pay, good benefits, good place to start a career
529 Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2016
Management is okay and stay off your back if you do what you are supposed to. Easy to slip through the cracks if you don't lobby for yourself. Management path is the best way to advance in other areas of the company- nearly impossible to get a promotion out of operations unless you are on the management track.
Pros
Good retirement benefits
Cons
Stale, stagnant. Could use a youth movement in business planning
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 23, 2015
Educational benefits at the work place. The Cafeteria and gym are located on campus. I do a variety of work every day. The job is very challenging and I do enjoy learning. The office space is large, but comfortable to work in., so not over populated. The learning aids are a click away. The work environment is very diverse.
Pros
Flexibility
The T Rowe Price Environment is a great place to begin and advance into a lucrative career.
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 3, 2015
I had the pleasure of being employed with T. Rowe Price for 2 years which allowed me to increase my knowledge within the Financial Industry. On a daily basis, I would interact with clients in dealing with their 401K accounts. This entailed processing transactions and data entry. I established a great rapport with my Supervisor's and co-workers. The more complex problems typically focused on unforeseen situations. Overall I enjoyed assisting client with their everyday needs.
Pros
Training and development, company lunches, on site cafe.
Cons
Unexpected mandatory overtime.
was not happy
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 18, 2015
good benefits, good hours, reasonable pay, was burnt our and could not advance. I just was no longer happy with my passion.
work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2016
Whether you are seeking a clinical or non-clinical career, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. Banner Health's Western Region consists of facilities that offer comprehensive care in friendly, small-town environments. With Banner Health Western Region you get a unique combination of the latest technology at your workplace and relaxed living.
Decent company to start your career
Portfolio Accounting (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 7, 2016
Advancement is more time driven than merit driven - regardless of your skill set, you will not be considered for a promotion until X months/years in your current role.

Work life balance was solid with relatively flexible hours and a decent company culture.

There is a lack of accountability though, so employees are able to skate by without any risk of punishment.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Indifferent management, no merit based promotions
Great jumpstart into the financial industry
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
I like the job. Not a fan of doing the same thing everyday but if you don't mind talking on the phone to customers, and looking at computer screen while on a recorded line to ensure compliance then this job is nice. Not much room for growth though until you get your series 7. You get two 15 minute breaks a day and an hour lunch.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Compnay s great overall. Business casual attire.
Cons
Long days sitting at a computer talking on the phone. The day isn't much more than that.
Good company to work as a starter. Micro Management tend to limit the advancement and knowledge within the field.
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
Everyday is different and brings various challenges as per job. In order to face those challenges there are limitations of what can be done and what can not be done by contractors. knowledge and information shared within department is very limited. Lacks appreciation and credit given for the work done effectively and in timely fashion.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
I worked for a group of writers who were a very interesting. I met some great friends there, and learned a bit about stocks. I made travel arrangements for the writers, kept vacation requests, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that everyone got along.
Pros
Year end bonuses.

Want to know more about T. Rowe Price?

Ask a question
Great place to work, but pay isn't that great
Securities Valuation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
Great benefits, and an awesome atmosphere. The management and compensation are lacking, and not up to par with other companies in the financial industry.
Pros
FSA, Aetna Insurance, and great work/life balance
Cons
Long days, OT required, frequent late shifts
Great Experience
Senior Encounter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2016
This was a great opportunity to work alongside brilliant people who are eager to pass on their knowledge to anyone who will listen. We were able to sit in on board meetings, present stock evaluations, gain insight on how to read a market. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to enter this field
Pros
Work experience
Great place to worl
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The benefits offered were very good and the compensation was decent as well. In a typical day at work, a Retail Account Management (RAM) associate will review paperwork submitted by clients to perform maintanence on their accounts or open new accounts. The paperwork, if in good order is processed as requested and if there is anything missing, we would call the client to obtain the necessary information to complete their requests. Management was accessable and willing to help with any questions, and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was making identifying the requests and routing them properly to other specialists or departments as necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily my co-workers, they made it much easier to get through the day.
Pros
lots of events for employees
Cons
the pay is not as good as other employers in the same industry
overall great company
Participant Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2016
great company to work for. Really good benefits including large 401k contributions. Just have to be able to deal with many different projects and responsibilities at one time. Opportunities are there, you just have to go after and get them.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
Work was pretty boring but management was very nice. Co-workers were a bit older and the company micro-manages you. Some of the in-house programs are not very well done but overall it was a good internship. Would recommend it to others.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Micro-managed.
Good Experience
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 30, 2016
It was nice working with T Rowe Price. Warm Culture. Co workers were very helpful specially Manager. Though there is still some discrimination between contractors and Full Time but I didn't have to face this in my team. Team was supportive and helpful.
Pros
Work Cuture
Cons
Dont give WFH option much
Great place -Great growth
Executive Admin/ Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2016
Company taught me a lot about corp culture - great place to . I learned alot about how a company can teach you about life.
Nothing in life comes easy... you must put in the work to achieve your dreams.
Pros
Culture, experience
Cons
Proven company with a solid reputation
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2016
Received approx 30 calls per day from clients looking to redeem funds out of IRA's, questions regarding tax forms, and other financial forms. Management seems to be knowledgable. Hardest part of the job can be the different rules and regulations in the financial services industry.
Promote your Cronies
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 1, 2015
From my perspective, it seemed the only avenue to promotion into leadership was to be a part of the crony crew. Most members of general management were very close friends, in some cases connections dating back to High School. Promotions seemed to be honored based on friendships and not previous professional experience or true talent. Friendships and being a part of crony club should not be a compelling reason to promote an individual. These high school antics have contributed to my decision to seek employment in a professional environment, where promotions are based on merit and not likeability or one's ability to mesh with a homogenous group.

There is also no life/work balance with mandatory overtime. 8 hours is plenty of life to contribute to work. Family and health is more important. If you are not a crony, you will not experience organizational agility anyway.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Organizational agility, life/work balance
Great work/life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 10, 2016
They have a fitness center at both locations, Owings Mills and Baltimore. There are two in Owings Mills, one brand new. The management at T. Rowe is great. There is room for growth and a lot of wonderful opportunities to advance.
Pros
fitness center, great cafe with cheap healthy options