T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Employer Reviews

Great pay; HQ in MD so no growth unless willing to move
Team Member (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no opportunity for growth
The pay and the benefits are amazing. If you are happy with the position you are hired to do and do not want to grow, this is the job for you. If you have any desire to grow and develop your skills, you will have to move to Maryland or Colorado. You will also be competing with other people that are already located there so it is challenging.
Great place to start or end career
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 15, 2015
Really nice people, supportive work environment. Great place to learn about the industry and begin career, but if you want ongoing progression, it will take a while.

Great place for 40+ people as retirement benefits great, rewarded heavily for tenure.
Temp job
Help Desk Specialist (Short Term Contract) (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: everything
techs are disposable and changed out every six months.Theres nothing you can do to keep this job. When it slows down after tax season, they will let you go.
Good starting job
Operations Intern - Client Administration (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDDecember 31, 2014
Doesn't pay that well, but you have job security here. People are nice, management really tries to connect with staff. Really good benefits.
Corporate upbeat enviorment
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2014
Pros: overtime and lunch provided if short notice.
Cons: some managers are very hard to approach
You are on the phone for the whole day answering inbound calls. I was able to obtain my FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses. Management does seem to be confused with internal departments at times. Friendly co-workers with mostly positive attitudes. The hardest part of the job is having to let customers know that they do not have access to some of their retirement money. When you are able to help a customer achieve their goal it is a very rewarding feeling.
Good Overall Job Culture
Admin Assistant II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits, friendly atmosphere
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement or to take on additional responsibilities, salary is not competitive with other companies of the same nature
The company is a good place to work. Expectations from management are appropriate and the atmosphere is friendly. A typical day overview would include intense examination of many emails, careful assessment of multiple calendars for important pending events & meetings, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, replying to meeting requests, answering the phone, printing reports, interaction with outside contacts, internal staff & managers; meeting deadlines. Supporting my managers by keeping them abreast of upcoming meetings, events, travel, etc. is my general daily task. Attention to detail, the ability to comply with & address last minute requests & flexibility are key components of my day. My managers, with a rare exception, have been reasonable, open & communicative, however demanding & specific in their requests, due to their own high volume, intense workload. I have good working relationships with my managers & enjoy the camaraderie we have between us . My co-workers & I provide good team spirit for each other & work well together. We provide back-up for the each other when & where necessary without supervisory intervention.

The hardest part of the job has been having to accept the lack of opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable parts of the job have been the positive feedback I get from my managers, & knowing that I have done as perfect a job as I can by seeing the results. When I see that the details I have covered have resulted in a good trip or a productive meeting for my managers, helping to make them successful, it's rewarding. But I also enjoy the warm relationships, encouraged by the company, that I have built with my managers & my team members, learning new things & processes, & meeting new people inside and outside of the company.
Productive Employees and Great Atmosphere
Mutual Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDDecember 18, 2014
T Rowe Price is a great company to work for coming out of college. It is a well known and respected company that honors its employees. This can be seen through their wonderful benefits, and it translate into the positive attitudes the employee's have every day.
Great place to start a career.
Retirement Client Services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2014
Great place to start a career. Trow Price really tries to make a tedious job more fun. Trow will sponsor their employees for many different licences and provide full support while you are studying.

I have nothing else to say. Have a nice day. I am required to type forty words.
Great place to get experience in financial services
Senior Audit Consultant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 18, 2014
TRP is a great place to gain experience. There is opportunity to grow in the IT department, but limited in business.
N/A
Financial Personal Services Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Good location, great benefits and friendly co-workers. I don't really have much negative things to say about the company.
I was a temp
HR Assistant - Diversity & Inclusion (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: cold and unfriendly
I don't know what it is like to be a permanent employee there, as I was only temporary.
Fun Workplace
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
a Typical day is Productive and challenging . I enjoy my job and employees .
Excellent place to work with great people
UNIX & Windows Security Consultant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great environment, wonderful supportive people.
Cons: none.
Review security requests to grant access to various devices, locations of files on UNIX/Windows Active Directory & LDAP/NFS shares.

Deploy and engineer a UNIX/Windows integrated active directory authentication solution for UNIX hosts to bind with Active directory

Script audit tasks within UNIX/Linux hosts as well as Windows hosts using powershell

Co-workers are wonderful!

Hardest part of the job was the ever increasing load, which was fixed with more human resources

Most enjoyable part of the job was scripting solutions and working with team members to come up with solutions for company needs.
T. Rowe Price.
Central Operations Support Services (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 29, 2014
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were always helpful and my supervisor was wonderful at managin schedules and making sure all his employees were happy.
I worked on projects within the Financial Portfolio Management department which serves retail clients and institutional investors in Capital Market. T
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 26, 2014
• Expert in requirement analyzing/Modeling Process and Preparing the Business documentation.
• Coordinating the Tollgate Meeting both (Design and pre-Implementation).
• Monitored client expectations at all phases of SDLC.
• Worked in collaboration with Governance and Compliance team for approvals.
• Worked with Audit team for validating the databases.
• Designed message formats, queues, systems interfaces, and worked with the business Users through interviews and JAD sessions.
• Direct Contact to business for the project Change Order.
• Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
• Analyzed, collected and prepared user requirements, definition, scope and expectations for deliverable plans. Delivered system documents, processes, diagrams, and test cases.
• Expertise in managing the project and making the project charter on behalf of manager, finalizing the Budget and finding the any financial loop holes that affect the project standards.
• Worked with SQL and Corporate Data Warehouse systems for arranging Loan Data and Program Rules to build internal reports.
• Involved in Reporting management, using data off different database to for the stake holders of the report and converted the same in the user friendly format like spreadsheets and pivot tables and PowerPoint slides.
• Creating Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS VISIO.
• Working with Developers to keep the project on track. Maintained timelines and project schedules, using MS Project and MS Visio.
• Created Non Requirement – more... Artifacts like Disaster Recovery Plan and Production Incidents Log.
• Implemented SOX procedures and guidelines in the entire requirements and project framework.
• Gathered requirements to design Marketing and Sales data mart.
• Conducted status meetings and presided over the Change Control Board meetings to discuss Defect, Enhancement and Database Change tickets.
• Provided training to the users on new archived databases to find the data, system interface and data flow.
• Involved in creating Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing.
• Created and maintained the Risk Analysis document.
• Checked that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and Guidelines. – less
Genuinely cares about employees
Administrative Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 23, 2014
T. Rowe Price cares about their employees and their clients.
Great Environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2014
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: pay
Great work / life balance with good people to work with and great benefits
Great place to work if you're in to work place harassment
confidential (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsAugust 13, 2014
The HR department is terrible at following the code of ethics as written in the employee handbook. They allow team members to be harassed by their co-workers and managers with no repercussions. They promote workplace hostility by violating your confidentiality when you do file a complaint against a co-worker.
The pay isn't bad and the benefits aren't bad but you must be very thick skinned to work here.
Senior Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, regular 8am-5pm schedule, nice people to work with
Cons: only 1 healthcare company choice
This is a fast paced environment in the Equity Department. The managers I support are all very helpful and knowledgeable in their fields. Handling calendar appointments can be tricky and sometimes stressful depending on client requests and needs, but somehow it all works out in the end!
Stable, business like
Senior Business Security Analyst (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 17, 2014
Large company. Decent learning environment. Not much in way of camaraderie. Quality benefits. Could be more agile work environment.

1 2 3 4

About T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally – Read more

T. Rowe Price Photos