T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews in United States

t rowe
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Pros
great non-monetary benefits, easy company mobility, excellent work-life balance, and really nice people. overall, a really solid company to work for.
Cons
in order to move past a certain level, you definitely need a solid education background or significant professional experience. hard to break through into the trading environment, similar to many competitors
Advice to Management
take smaller bonuses and reward employees at the bottom making less than 50k a year. no reason someone should be making $10 million a year when others at the same company are just trying to stay afloat
Decent pay, good benefits, good place to start a career
529 Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2016
Management is okay and stay off your back if you do what you are supposed to. Easy to slip through the cracks if you don't lobby for yourself. Management path is the best way to advance in other areas of the company- nearly impossible to get a promotion out of operations unless you are on the management track.
Pros
Good retirement benefits
Cons
Stale, stagnant. Could use a youth movement in business planning
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 23, 2015
Educational benefits at the work place. The Cafeteria and gym are located on campus. I do a variety of work every day. The job is very challenging and I do enjoy learning. The office space is large, but comfortable to work in., so not over populated. The learning aids are a click away. The work environment is very diverse.
Pros
Flexibility
The T Rowe Price Environment is a great place to begin and advance into a lucrative career.
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 3, 2015
I had the pleasure of being employed with T. Rowe Price for 2 years which allowed me to increase my knowledge within the Financial Industry. On a daily basis, I would interact with clients in dealing with their 401K accounts. This entailed processing transactions and data entry. I established a great rapport with my Supervisor's and co-workers. The more complex problems typically focused on unforeseen situations. Overall I enjoyed assisting client with their everyday needs.
Pros
Training and development, company lunches, on site cafe.
Cons
Unexpected mandatory overtime.
was not happy
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 18, 2015
good benefits, good hours, reasonable pay, was burnt our and could not advance. I just was no longer happy with my passion.
Great jumpstart into the financial industry
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
I like the job. Not a fan of doing the same thing everyday but if you don't mind talking on the phone to customers, and looking at computer screen while on a recorded line to ensure compliance then this job is nice. Not much room for growth though until you get your series 7. You get two 15 minute breaks a day and an hour lunch.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Compnay s great overall. Business casual attire.
Cons
Long days sitting at a computer talking on the phone. The day isn't much more than that.
Good company to work as a starter. Micro Management tend to limit the advancement and knowledge within the field.
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
Everyday is different and brings various challenges as per job. In order to face those challenges there are limitations of what can be done and what can not be done by contractors. knowledge and information shared within department is very limited. Lacks appreciation and credit given for the work done effectively and in timely fashion.
Promote your Cronies
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 1, 2015
From my perspective, it seemed the only avenue to promotion into leadership was to be a part of the crony crew. Most members of general management were very close friends, in some cases connections dating back to High School. Promotions seemed to be honored based on friendships and not previous professional experience or true talent. Friendships and being a part of crony club should not be a compelling reason to promote an individual. These high school antics have contributed to my decision to seek employment in a professional environment, where promotions are based on merit and not likeability or one's ability to mesh with a homogenous group.

There is also no life/work balance with mandatory overtime. 8 hours is plenty of life to contribute to work. Family and health is more important. If you are not a crony, you will not experience organizational agility anyway.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Organizational agility, life/work balance
Proven company with a solid reputation
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2016
Received approx 30 calls per day from clients looking to redeem funds out of IRA's, questions regarding tax forms, and other financial forms. Management seems to be knowledgable. Hardest part of the job can be the different rules and regulations in the financial services industry.
Great place to worl
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The benefits offered were very good and the compensation was decent as well. In a typical day at work, a Retail Account Management (RAM) associate will review paperwork submitted by clients to perform maintanence on their accounts or open new accounts. The paperwork, if in good order is processed as requested and if there is anything missing, we would call the client to obtain the necessary information to complete their requests. Management was accessable and willing to help with any questions, and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was making identifying the requests and routing them properly to other specialists or departments as necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily my co-workers, they made it much easier to get through the day.
Pros
lots of events for employees
Cons
the pay is not as good as other employers in the same industry
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
Work was pretty boring but management was very nice. Co-workers were a bit older and the company micro-manages you. Some of the in-house programs are not very well done but overall it was a good internship. Would recommend it to others.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Micro-managed.
Great Experience
Senior Encounter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2016
This was a great opportunity to work alongside brilliant people who are eager to pass on their knowledge to anyone who will listen. We were able to sit in on board meetings, present stock evaluations, gain insight on how to read a market. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to enter this field
Pros
Work experience
Good Experience
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 30, 2016
It was nice working with T Rowe Price. Warm Culture. Co workers were very helpful specially Manager. Though there is still some discrimination between contractors and Full Time but I didn't have to face this in my team. Team was supportive and helpful.
Pros
Work Cuture
Cons
Dont give WFH option much
Great work/life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 10, 2016
They have a fitness center at both locations, Owings Mills and Baltimore. There are two in Owings Mills, one brand new. The management at T. Rowe is great. There is room for growth and a lot of wonderful opportunities to advance.
Pros
fitness center, great cafe with cheap healthy options
Solid and fiscally responsible Investment Company
Lead Retirement Plan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2015
The company is financially solid, advancement is plentiful with a competetive benefits and compensation package. A typical day includes responding to and coordinating requests for Plan Sponsors and plan participants with various departments internally.
Great job, howver I moved and had to leave
In Plan Associate - 401(k) Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2016
I loved working for T. Rowe Price, however I had an opportunity to move to Alaska and took the opportunity which I followed.
Productive, but restrictive, place of employment
Broker/Dealer Agent for Retirement Clients (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2015
They made promises regarding furthering education that were not true. They also are not flexible on hours worked and time off to take care of family/vehicle/schooling issues. Management was also promoted into fields in which they had no experience, then would not support their employees adequately when the need arose.
Pros
Free Lunches on Days when overtime was worked
Cons
Lack of leadership/support, Lack of work/life balance, Lack of opportunities for growth/promotion.
Good company overall.
Team Senior (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
Decent pay, competitive benefits. I wish they had more career opportunities. Lots of over-time and not just during tax season.
Great place to work.
In-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The only major problem is the lack of opportunity for advancement. If you start your career there in an entry-level position, you have the chance to grow to a certain point. Eventually, you get to a point where the only way to move up is management; otherwise, you unfortunately have to look elsewhere for growth. This all relates to the Tampa office.

The people were fun to work with, and it was a nice environment. I was well treated.

Overall, it's a great company. They treat their employees fairly, and I miss working there.
Pros
paid ot, even for salaried workers!!!!
Cons
limited long-term growth; low entry level salary
Quality oriented with some perks.
Retirement Plan Services (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 12, 2013
Under the supervision of my manager I had to process loans, withdrawals, mix exchanges, and salary deferrals in a timely manner while meeting the department standards in accordance with quality and number of points. I learned the basic procedures as to how to execute specific distributions and how to escalate issues that required executive review. The management was professional and supportive, as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the quality with the quantity. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I processed requests in a timely manner to accommodate the participant's needs.
Pros
occasssional free lunches, discounts and/or free passes for (family) entertainment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T. Rowe Price. Our community is ready to answer.