T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews in United States

Great job, howver I moved and had to leave
In Plan Associate - 401(k) Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2016
I loved working for T. Rowe Price, however I had an opportunity to move to Alaska and took the opportunity which I followed.
Great Experience
Senior Encounter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2016
This was a great opportunity to work alongside brilliant people who are eager to pass on their knowledge to anyone who will listen. We were able to sit in on board meetings, present stock evaluations, gain insight on how to read a market. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to enter this field
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Great jumpstart into the financial industry
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
I like the job. Not a fan of doing the same thing everyday but if you don't mind talking on the phone to customers, and looking at computer screen while on a recorded line to ensure compliance then this job is nice. Not much room for growth though until you get your series 7. You get two 15 minute breaks a day and an hour lunch.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Compnay s great overall. Business casual attire.
Cons
Long days sitting at a computer talking on the phone. The day isn't much more than that.
Great work/life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 10, 2016
They have a fitness center at both locations, Owings Mills and Baltimore. There are two in Owings Mills, one brand new. The management at T. Rowe is great. There is room for growth and a lot of wonderful opportunities to advance.
Pros
fitness center, great cafe with cheap healthy options
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
Work was pretty boring but management was very nice. Co-workers were a bit older and the company micro-manages you. Some of the in-house programs are not very well done but overall it was a good internship. Would recommend it to others.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Micro-managed.
Decent pay, good benefits, good place to start a career
529 Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2016
Management is okay and stay off your back if you do what you are supposed to. Easy to slip through the cracks if you don't lobby for yourself. Management path is the best way to advance in other areas of the company- nearly impossible to get a promotion out of operations unless you are on the management track.
Pros
Good retirement benefits
Cons
Stale, stagnant. Could use a youth movement in business planning
t rowe
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Pros
great non-monetary benefits, easy company mobility, excellent work-life balance, and really nice people. overall, a really solid company to work for.
Cons
in order to move past a certain level, you definitely need a solid education background or significant professional experience. hard to break through into the trading environment, similar to many competitors
Advice to Management
take smaller bonuses and reward employees at the bottom making less than 50k a year. no reason someone should be making $10 million a year when others at the same company are just trying to stay afloat
Proven company with a solid reputation
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2016
Received approx 30 calls per day from clients looking to redeem funds out of IRA's, questions regarding tax forms, and other financial forms. Management seems to be knowledgable. Hardest part of the job can be the different rules and regulations in the financial services industry.
Good workplace
Java/JEE Developer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working here and learnt lot of things. It is agile environment with SCRUM. peer programming when there are tight deadlines.
good place to work
Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2016
good team members and good place to work and easy moving ambiance and good support from every one and also nice place to work.
A day at work
Central Operations Support Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 1, 2015
T. Rowe Price was a great place to intern. Our department C.O.S.S. worked on information to the clients and quality control. It was a great experience to work in T. Rowe Price's operation center.
Pros
experience
Cons
only internship
Invested in the community
Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2015
I admire the leaders' and employee's commitment to make Baltimore a great place to live and work. I have not worked for a company that demonstrates their commitment not just in word, but deeds. Employees at every level sit on boards, and give of their time and money.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 23, 2015
Educational benefits at the work place. The Cafeteria and gym are located on campus. I do a variety of work every day. The job is very challenging and I do enjoy learning. The office space is large, but comfortable to work in., so not over populated. The learning aids are a click away. The work environment is very diverse.
Pros
Flexibility
was not happy
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 18, 2015
good benefits, good hours, reasonable pay, was burnt our and could not advance. I just was no longer happy with my passion.
T.Rowe Price offers excellent retirement funds
PSC 401(k) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2015
I come into work and take about 50 calls a day. I deal with everything from asset allocation to hardships to loans to getting people online access.
Pros
You do not have to take work home with you, it sells excellent products
Cons
It's hard to move up in the company.
Excellent Corporate Firm
Participant Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 7, 2015
I love the firm itself but with my career goals I need room to advance as an Individual contributor to the firm, which in my current role I can not achieve.
Good Company to get your foot in the door
Retail Investment Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 30, 2015
Company is great for the inexperienced professional who has a genuine interest in finance. Harder to advance because numerous people are applying both inside and outside the company for the same positions.
Pros
good schedules
Cons
harder to advance.
Fast paced job working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2015
greeting people and making them coffee drinks proved to be a fun experience. the working hours were a little crazy and unreliable. fast-paced environment for people who love people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
unstable hours
The T Rowe Price Environment is a great place to begin and advance into a lucrative career.
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 3, 2015
I had the pleasure of being employed with T. Rowe Price for 2 years which allowed me to increase my knowledge within the Financial Industry. On a daily basis, I would interact with clients in dealing with their 401K accounts. This entailed processing transactions and data entry. I established a great rapport with my Supervisor's and co-workers. The more complex problems typically focused on unforeseen situations. Overall I enjoyed assisting client with their everyday needs.
Pros
Training and development, company lunches, on site cafe.
Cons
Unexpected mandatory overtime.
Promote your Cronies
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 1, 2015
From my perspective, it seemed the only avenue to promotion into leadership was to be a part of the crony crew. Most members of general management were very close friends, in some cases connections dating back to High School. Promotions seemed to be honored based on friendships and not previous professional experience or true talent. Friendships and being a part of crony club should not be a compelling reason to promote an individual. These high school antics have contributed to my decision to seek employment in a professional environment, where promotions are based on merit and not likeability or one's ability to mesh with a homogenous group.

There is also no life/work balance with mandatory overtime. 8 hours is plenty of life to contribute to work. Family and health is more important. If you are not a crony, you will not experience organizational agility anyway.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Organizational agility, life/work balance