T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews

My role in T Rowe Price
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 8, 2017
Actually my team will mainly focus on the web-page maintenance for state of Colorado,And mainly I use to work on Services and Angularjs,JavaScript,JQuery and HTML.I need to attend daily Scrum meetings and Every week we'll have Developers meeting and for every weeks We'll have Sprint planing meeting. according to that meeting we'll gather all the requirements and we'll assign to the developers and we'll follow up with the Analyst to get the requirements.
Great place -Great growth
Executive Admin/ Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2016
Company taught me a lot about corp culture - great place to . I learned alot about how a company can teach you about life.
Nothing in life comes easy... you must put in the work to achieve your dreams.
Pros
Culture, experience
Cons
In-Plan Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 26, 2017
TRP is positive Place to work! There are great chances for growth and development. Depending on the department you may have to worry about licensing requirements but overall a great company to grow with
overall great company
Participant Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2016
great company to work for. Really good benefits including large 401k contributions. Just have to be able to deal with many different projects and responsibilities at one time. Opportunities are there, you just have to go after and get them.
Retirement Services
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at T. Rowe and met many interesting and qualified people there. I am hoping to return one day (possibly as an employee?). The facility is very modern and conducive to productive work.
Pros
Excellent facilities and talented people
Cons
Staying in hotels for most of the week was difficult at times.
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2017
I started as a contractor and was eventually converted to FTE. Great company, great people. If you position yourself correctly, you will have many opportunities to advance.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
midnight releases
Great jumpstart into the financial industry
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
I like the job. Not a fan of doing the same thing everyday but if you don't mind talking on the phone to customers, and looking at computer screen while on a recorded line to ensure compliance then this job is nice. Not much room for growth though until you get your series 7. You get two 15 minute breaks a day and an hour lunch.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Compnay s great overall. Business casual attire.
Cons
Long days sitting at a computer talking on the phone. The day isn't much more than that.
Good Company to work for..
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 5, 2016
Good and stable company to grow your career in Finance domain. Nice work environment and people to work with.
Good Experience
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 30, 2016
It was nice working with T Rowe Price. Warm Culture. Co workers were very helpful specially Manager. Though there is still some discrimination between contractors and Full Time but I didn't have to face this in my team. Team was supportive and helpful.
Pros
Work Cuture
Cons
Dont give WFH option much
Great place to work.
In-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The only major problem is the lack of opportunity for advancement. If you start your career there in an entry-level position, you have the chance to grow to a certain point. Eventually, you get to a point where the only way to move up is management; otherwise, you unfortunately have to look elsewhere for growth. This all relates to the Tampa office.

The people were fun to work with, and it was a nice environment. I was well treated.

Overall, it's a great company. They treat their employees fairly, and I miss working there.
Pros
Paid OT, even for salaried workers!!!!
Cons
Limited long-term growth; low entry level salary
Promote your Cronies
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 1, 2015
From my perspective, it seemed the only avenue to promotion into leadership was to be a part of the crony crew. Most members of general management were very close friends, in some cases connections dating back to High School. Promotions seemed to be honored based on friendships and not previous professional experience or true talent. Friendships and being a part of crony club should not be a compelling reason to promote an individual. These high school antics have contributed to my decision to seek employment in a professional environment, where promotions are based on merit and not likeability or one's ability to mesh with a homogenous group.

There is also no life/work balance with mandatory overtime. 8 hours is plenty of life to contribute to work. Family and health is more important. If you are not a crony, you will not experience organizational agility anyway.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Organizational agility, life/work balance
Productive, but restrictive, place of employment
Broker/Dealer Agent for Retirement Clients (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2015
They made promises regarding furthering education that were not true. They also are not flexible on hours worked and time off to take care of family/vehicle/schooling issues. Management was also promoted into fields in which they had no experience, then would not support their employees adequately when the need arose.
Pros
Free Lunches on Days when overtime was worked
Cons
Lack of leadership/support, Lack of work/life balance, Lack of opportunities for growth/promotion.
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 14, 2013
I worked at T. Rowe for fourteen years. The people actually doing the work were great-always willing to pitch in. Management was a joke. Inconsistent in philosophy and unsupportive in taking the side of their reports. The kicker was being told of a wage adjustment through the tenure of 3 managers. The final blow was being given a job no one wanted to do. There are good groups within T. Rowe, depending on your discipline but, Marketing Services is not one of them.
Pros
Decent benefits, community service days
Cons
Wages weren't competitive; never knew who you were taking orders from
Susini
SR.Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 17, 2016
It was very corporate and quiet. Every weekend there was work and never had a day off. Management was never seen
Great company but horrible management
Brokerage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2013
Work alot of OT, which I do not mind, but they like to throw us into other department's queues so we have to do twice as much work for the same pay. definately not in the job description.
Never mess with management. If they do not like you, you will never move up in the company, even if you are an extremely skilled person.
Management used to be very reasonable but the current manager that I have likes to create problems then tries to fix it.
My team envoirnment is amazing! If management treated us like adults and trusted that we as employees would get job done, it wouldn't be so draining on a day to day basis.
The hardest part of my job is the technical aspect of the position. The client expects us to know everything from bonds to all the tax regulations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to people about how they chose the stock they are investing in and having extra activites off the phone.
Pros
401(k) benefits, job security, steady paycheck
Cons
for the same job they pay less than other companies, manadatory ot, have to be liked by management to move up instead of skills.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
I worked for a group of writers who were a very interesting. I met some great friends there, and learned a bit about stocks. I made travel arrangements for the writers, kept vacation requests, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that everyone got along.
Pros
Year end bonuses.
Great place if you enjoy being under appreciated & over worked!
Retirement & Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2013
Company has 2 sides : retirement Plans (401k) & retail services: (IRA, non company sponsored Accts, etc) both share 1 site however, culture & management influences make it seem like 2 very different companies. You will be over worked, under appreciated, & under paid UNLESS you fit in with the management fraternity club. At road shows VP's will preach one thing but don't dare attempt to implement any or bring it up to middle management, it's taboo. Middle management from the GM's down have a frat club, upper management from the DM's down have no clue about the trenches & don't want one. They preach "the client" but reallly mean "the business... So the messages are coded & hypocritical... You need to hear thank you for your hard work... Look to co-workers because in any & all coachings or 1x1's you will hear every tiny little thing the can find to deride you (per six sigma) & nothing you did well, even if you cosistently exceed matrix...don't trust a Sup as far as you can throw them, most are back stabbing, phoney, & looking out for their own...
Pros
More OT than you could ask for
Cons
Management plays games & picks favorites right out of training
Great work/life balance!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 10, 2016
They have a fitness center at both locations, Owings Mills and Baltimore. There are two in Owings Mills, one brand new. The management at T. Rowe is great. There is room for growth and a lot of wonderful opportunities to advance.
Pros
fitness center, great cafe with cheap healthy options
na
Reconciliation Associate (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 7, 2016
Good company with good benefits. They are well run and financial strong. My co-workers are respectful of others and professional.
Great place to worl
Retail Account Management Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
T. Rowe Price was a great place to work. The benefits offered were very good and the compensation was decent as well. In a typical day at work, a Retail Account Management (RAM) associate will review paperwork submitted by clients to perform maintanence on their accounts or open new accounts. The paperwork, if in good order is processed as requested and if there is anything missing, we would call the client to obtain the necessary information to complete their requests. Management was accessable and willing to help with any questions, and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was making identifying the requests and routing them properly to other specialists or departments as necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily my co-workers, they made it much easier to get through the day.
Pros
Lots of events for employees
Cons
The pay is not as good as other employers in the same industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T. Rowe Price. Our community is ready to answer.