T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Employer Reviews

The ever changing world of T Rowe Price
COSS Quality and Training Associate (Current Employee), 4515 Painter's Mill Road, Owings Mills MD, 21117April 27, 2013
Pros: healthcare, fitness center onsite, and cafe onsite
Cons: short breaks, the training is inefficient for tenured employees, and you receive more negative feedback opposed to positive.
You have to be flexible to work at T Rowe Price. The challenges are refreshing. You are always learning and growing.
SENIOR SUPERVISOR, INVESTMENT SPECIALIST GROUP (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 23, 2013
Located in Tampa, FLorida near the airport. Consists on 3 floors.
Nice place to work
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 10, 2013
Pros: beautiful spacious campus to experience
Cons: salary is low for the industry
I would work on contribution files and other participant transactions. I get along with all people and I pride myself on my client relationships. I always respond to inquiries in a timely manner and they all have nice things to say about me. I work hard to keep them satisfied.
Good place to start
Investment Advisory Counselor (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJMarch 12, 2013
Good benefits genuinely do care about employees

Compensation and bonuses are very low
Great company but horrible management
Brokerage Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2013
Pros: 401(k) benefits, job security, steady paycheck
Cons: for the same job they pay less than other companies, manadatory ot, have to be liked by management to move up instead of skills.
Work alot of OT, which I do not mind, but they like to throw us into other department's queues so we have to do twice as much work for the same pay. definately not in the job description.
Never mess with management. If they do not like you, you will never move up in the company, even if you are an extremely skilled person.
Management used to be very – more... reasonable but the current manager that I have likes to create problems then tries to fix it.
My team envoirnment is amazing! If management treated us like adults and trusted that we as employees would get job done, it wouldn't be so draining on a day to day basis.
The hardest part of my job is the technical aspect of the position. The client expects us to know everything from bonds to all the tax regulations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to people about how they chose the stock they are investing in and having extra activites off the phone. – less
Quality oriented with some perks.
Retirement Plan Services (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: occasssional free lunches, discounts and/or free passes for (family) entertainment.
Under the supervision of my manager I had to process loans, withdrawals, mix exchanges, and salary deferrals in a timely manner while meeting the department standards in accordance with quality and number of points. I learned the basic procedures as to how to execute specific distributions and how to escalate issues that required executive review. The – more... management was professional and supportive, as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the quality with the quantity. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I processed requests in a timely manner to accommodate the participant's needs. – less
T Rowe
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 5, 2013
A typical work day is from 8:00-5:00

I very much enjoy the individuals that I work with.
I enjoyed being a team member at T. Rowe. Co workers were like family. Great fast paced environment.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: management, salary, work experience
Cons: commute if you live on the eastern shore
If you desire thoughtful, action seekers and A LOT of hard work...T. Rowe is for you!
Day in the life of a TRP Employee
Retirement Plan Coordinator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits and perks
Cons: rps - long hours (some positions)
Very busy and easy going environment. Great Managers if you were a hard working employee. A lot of room to grow and much training as needed. Benefits were to die for as far as the pay in some positions was under the norm but, if you know how the finance world works you have to move around in the Company to make more money. This is an ideal place to – more... retire. I would have been still there if I didnt have to return home for family personal reasons. I had a blast and was taught a lot. – less
T. Rowe Price the Baltimore Jewel
Mutual Fund Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2013
T. Rowe Price was a great company. You will learn a lot about mutual funds and retirement accounts.
Meeting productivity goals is a must
Retirement Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 14, 2013
Very busy workplace with daily mandatory overtime
I learned about mutual funds, and how to set up 401 k's for small businesses. I learned how to process contributions and distributions.
Had to stay up to date on constantly changing IRS rules an regulations.
Great place
Analyst (Current Employee), MDDecember 14, 2012
Strong company, Security is a major factor. Is taken extremely seriously.
Best company I've ever worked for!
Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2012
Regrettably, I had to move due to my wife's carreer. I hated to leave TRP. Would work with them again if given the chance without a second thought. No complaints.
great place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 17, 2012
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: open space work areas
4:00 am to 11:45 Sorted mail into different areas of work type, opened and scanned onto OPEX or Kodak scanners. Made purchases of mutual funds, 401k loans, and 401k rollovers. Indexed work in AWD computer systems both for mutual funds and 401ks.
Processed agency and rollover checks into the bank account system. Management was good. co-workers were great.
Very conservative, but at least you know where you stand.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER - INVESTMENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 20, 2012
I would highly recommend them as an employer of choice. They are the best employer I have had in my career and they taught me everything I know for which I am eternally grateful.
Good place to start and gain experience.
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2012
Good place to get started, but keep your options open and know your worth!
A great stepping stone into the investment management industry
Advisory Client Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2012
I would take inbound phone calls 3 days out of the week from clients looking to talk about their investment portfolio's. The other 2 days of the week were outbound appointment days. These were days where you would close sales and help clients implement new and existing assets into an investment strategy.
Great Culture and Advancement Opportunity
Investment Operations Senior Associate (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 26, 2012
Pros: onsite cafe, fitness center, benefits
Cons: slow at times to get things done, repetitive work sometimes
great benefits
took advantage of in-house training
worked with great people
Great company with little advancement opportunities
PSC Intern (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2012
Great work/life balance and people but at the back offices there is not much room for advancement.
Great place to learn alot of hands on experience and how to work with clients
Retirement Specialist - Outbound Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2012
Pros: great retirement benefits
Cons: management needs to do what they say, get back to basics
I learned a lot while working with T. Rowe Price. It is difficult for advancement when the headquarters of the company is in Baltimore, MD.

About T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally – Read more