T.G.I Friday's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,570 reviews matching the search
it was a great place to work the co workers were friendly
dmo (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 22, 2016
it was a great place to work I had fun and learned more to excel my future in the restaurant field the management staff went above and beyond to help when needed
Pros
the pros are working in a great plce with great people
Cons
working split shifts to get 40 HOURS A WEEK
the happiest place on earth!
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 21, 2016
I wish my college program lasted longer. The most fun and rewarding job. There wasn't a day I didn't want to go to work. Interacting with people from all over the world was incredible. I had roommates from different countries and got a new outlook on life.
Fun and upbeat place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Yorba LindaJuly 20, 2016
Friday's was an overall great work environment, with a fun and upbeat vibe. The only reason I left, was because I was moving for school.
Fun environment with dependable co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJuly 19, 2016
I've always enjoyed going to this restaurant to eat and drink so when I applied and began working at TFI it was nice to be in a comfortable work environment. The staff and management where always helpful and worked well as a team.
Pros
Discounts on meals/local entertainment
Cons
Over staffed
Creative and fun work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 18, 2016
I absolutely loved working for TGI Fridays as a bartender in Columbus, Ga. We had an amazing and attentive management staff that highly promoted team effort, as well as living up to the company standards. There were ample benefits, as well as a reasonably flexible schedule.
The management staff always strived to motivate and encourage employees to strive for excellence in the work environment.
On a typical day at work, I was constantly learning how to mix new and improved drinks, as well as rolling out new items on the food menu.
We had an amazing group of regular guests and we always worked really hard to bring in new ones.
Great drinks, great food, great staff, all in a friendly and fun atmosphere!
Pros
Discounted menu items, fun work environment, great management, flexible schedule, great based off of work pay, and ample room to move up and grow with the company if desired
Cons
Very late nights, TONS of dishes to hand wash, super high paced work environment, no real paycheck because pay is based on tips.
great energetic place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 18, 2016
Enjoy working with the company but the hours won't enough for me but other then it was a great energetic team work environment to work in
Okay
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 17, 2016
Typical day at work includes not knowing what your out time is because "out times don't exist." It wouldn't be unusual to get stiffed from tables. Inconsistent responsibilities. Some people can constantly get away with doing less side work while others do more because we are a "team." I learned how to properly deal with customers and handling myself with people. Management is not great they ignore people applying meanwhile we are understaffed. Co-workers are okay and not to be trusted because when it comes to an incident where it is you or them they will through you under the bus. Hardest part of the job is handling tables to your greatest ability and trying to get a tip (especially with party tables) and getting sat at the same time. Most enjoyable part is the free food.
Great starting place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCJuly 16, 2016
Ability to make begin a career or great stepping stone during college. Don't expect to live a lavish lifestyle but you can pay the bills.
fun atmosphere
cook, serve and clean (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 14, 2016
very fun atmosphere the workers and customers are energetic. every stays positive, difficult on the weekends...very good service and food, specials, and good beverages
benefits
Cons
not enough breaks
Serving is LIFE
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 14, 2016
Being a server means a lot of busy work on your feet. You are constantly moving. If you enjoy a fast paced environment (on certain nights) then this is the job for you. Management will change but, as of now, I love my managers. They are usually very helpful. Beware of bad tippers.
Hard and grueling workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 14, 2016
Its a fast paced work environment, so you must always be on your toes to get tasks done efficiently and promptly. 10+ hours of standing, bending, crouching.
TGI Fridays
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at worked involved taking customer's orders and catering to their needs to ensure a pleasant dining experience.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
People work there because they need money..
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2016
I believe its not desirable company to work for ..People come to work with low morale and not the best attitude, thinking about the time they have to leave.
Pros
Eat when you can eat ..
Cons
No breaks for cooks
Fun, fast paced resturant
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tumon, GUJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work is having fun with the guest and making sure they leave happy and full. I have learned that to make guest happy, you need to listen to what they want and need. My management team were very friendly and outgoing.They were very understanding people who didn't put you down. My co-workers made me understand what teamwork mean and that nobody gets left behind. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier with the tourist, but there was always an understanding with hand gesture and signals. I most enjoyed about the job was to be myself and have fun.
Overworked and Underappreciated
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 11, 2016
only work here if you enjoy volunteer work
you don't get paid, the customers don't tip and they're very rude
management is completely unorganized
TGI Fridays
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 10, 2016
This is a good place as temporary means for a little bit of quick cash. There is no work/life balance, management is not qualified and the team is lazy and unprofessional.
Friendly Management and Serving
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 8, 2016
-Served a wide range of different guests making sure they are satisfied with their experience.
-Friendly Management
-Easy to move up in management
-Slow business due to other near by restaurants
Just a job
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 7, 2016
Like all service positions, TGIF has up and down seasons. The business is located in the mall and is subject to poor tipping clientele.
Friday's Summary
Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NJJuly 7, 2016
The company itself isn't terrible. As a server, you make what you make based on how you act and how you serve. However, the inside management could use some work.
Not for those with family
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 6, 2016
The other servers were great and very helpful. The managers cannot handle stress at all and quick to snap or be very degrading to servers. Also, many guest were rude and would not tip. Lastly, I told the managers many times and even wrote it down that I HAD to be out of the restaurant by 10:30 pm Sunday-Thursday and reassured that it wouldn't be a problem...however, it was. You never get off when you are scheduled and everything falls on the backs of the servers with very little help from managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Friday's. Our community is ready to answer.