T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 2,387 reviews matching the search
fun job
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2017
working at TGI Fridays was not bad at all, sadly they had to move locations so I was unable to continue to work there but it was a fun fast paced job all and all
Depends on location
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 21, 2017
Friday's was a good start to waitressing. However, after working there a while you learn that other restaurants can help you expand your skills and help you earn better pay. I think it also depends on your location because some Friday restaurants bring in more income over others due to their location.
Okay.
Server → Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308September 21, 2017
Typical corporation. you go above and beyond for them, they don't care about you. Management varies from different stores. Not for the weak. Make your money and go home.
stressful
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 21, 2017
The workers were lazy and the managers did nothing about it. They were constantly playing around, horsing around and joking. There was no work being done and we constantly ran out of food.
This place lacks everything
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2017
Overall when i started 11 years ago this company was amazing but as the years went by so did the good management. Ita very hard to work with other managers when they are constantly causing issues with staff, not arming the building, not locking thw back door or sometimes not doing anything which would put myself in a huge security threat to my life at times. Once another manager forged my signature for a cash drop and i bought it up to upper management and nothing was done. Dont try calling the open door number because the number doesnt work all the time or they still dont fix problems. Watch your check because they will take out for insurance but cancel days before. This place used to be great but not so much now. Good luck and try elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Hours, treatment, No quality of life, untrustworthy team members
Busy Days
Hostess/To-Go Personal, T.G.I Fridays (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Friday's I gained more work experience which is always good. The management wasn't the best but it didn't stop me form getting my job done. The employees were good spirited and well humored.
Pros
Meeting new people and gaining more work exprience
Cons
short breaks
enriching, fun, productive workplace
Server/Waitress/shift leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I've learned much of my hands on people skills while working for this corporation. On the daily I was challenged in a positive way by applying skills from all aspects of my life in order to do my job sufficiently. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the internal satisfaction of being able to make the difference in another persons day, even in the slightest ways. The hardest part of the job the other hand were the 12-14 hour shifts, which occasionally would become exhausting. Management overall was great as a team, it was a great corporation to work for.
Pros
Constant interaction with different individuals
Cons
Long Hours
Good people, great food.
cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to take friends an family to eat. But I wasn't treated fairly in my eye. Another employee I was working with got in trouble just as I did but was not let go of there job only because they worked there longer then me.
very unprofessional place to work
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 19, 2017
sacrifice standards for a good time, very poorly managed. poor food handling procedures. not guest in mind kind of company.i absolutely will never eat there again in fear of food born illness.
Work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Worked night very busy fast pace many station eassy to learn saute salad grill fry managers are nice an willing to teach you new stations good pay ok hours
Great High School Position
Bartender/ Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 15, 2017
The company markets to people who do not know how to tip. That is not everyone (I had a handful of great regulars or random families), but most of the customers are cheap and are there for the cheap food. This is a great place for a first job, or for someone who doesn't care how people talk or treat them! :)
N/a
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 15, 2017
Fast paced environment, not guaranteed a certain amount of money everyday. Pay is not the same every week which can be stressful. Long working hours with little necessities.
poor upper management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2017
Poor upper management. I liked the location. I like meeting new people on a daily basis. Very frustrating at times with the upper management. I was able to come in and change the culture quite a bit.
Fast paced, busy work!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 13, 2017
TGIFriday is a good company to work for if you are looking for something part time to get you through school or the holidays. I love serving and having money in my pocket everyday. TGIFridays could definitely give more to the employees as hard as we work to make the customers happy.
Pros
Work well as a team with other employees and flexible scheduling.
Cons
Short or no breaks, no smoking, only $4 off meal while working.
Good first job
Bus Boy and Host (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYSeptember 13, 2017
As a bus boy, I would wait for guests to leave and set up the table for the next party. As a host, it was important to pay attention to the floor plan, and distribute the parties evenly, to make it fair for the waiters and waitresses. Management was laid back and very kind. Overall the job was enjoyable.
Pros
God first job
Corporate restaurant
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Not a bad first time waitress experience. The corporate training videos and mandatory "guidelines" can get frustrating, but they promote a fun work environment.
Fun, fast pace, and high energy
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 06706September 12, 2017
Working at TGIF was a fun, high energy and fast pace company that developed great customer service skills. Working was also fun and entertaining. You met intresting customers.
Pros
money, hours and discount
Cons
long hours.
Fun, but not enough hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 11, 2017
I liked working there, but I just didn't make enough money. The managers were willing to work with you when you needed more hours, but the pay wasn't enough.
Horrible After Endless`
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2017
I worked for the company over 5 years, and after they brought endless back full time and put it on the menu, the place tanked. There is no way that it was a successful marketing strategy. We comped over $4,000 in food every Saturday night. Not to mention the employees cannot keep up with the onslaught that endless creates.
ok. good learning experience
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 11, 2017
the environment was great because there is a lot to be learned about the industry from the company who invented the terms late night happy hour and singles night. I definitely appreciate the experience ei gathered but corporate is corporate
Pros
good experience
Cons
corporate and high expectations of service protocols

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval