T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

very busy atmosphere, great place for tips
Host (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 22, 2017
tgi fridays is a big name, so you can expect a lot of customers coming to dine in. lots of customers means lots of tips, with friday and saturday night shifts being the best when it comes to making cash. also work with lots of cool people.
Pros
discounted meals, tips, flexible schedule
Cons
can be stressful, very fast-paced, not many hours given
Server (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 21, 2017
I love working at Fridays for numerous reasons. They are very flexible with your needs. Fats paced environment. Cares about guest needs. May I add that they are family oriented!
Super Slow or Super Busy
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
When its busy you work a ton. But when its slow you get no hours. Management is good. They are always willing to work with your schedule but they try to avoid any issues your bring up at work.
Pros
discounts, can watch the basball game at work
Cons
no breaks, long shifts, no tips
Atmosphere
Hostess, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
As TGIF is in the DFW airport, it was so much fun seeing all of the diversity in people that would come to dine with us! It was a learning experience for sure!
Enter with thick skin.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sappington, MONovember 20, 2017
Poor management, appalling lack of adherence to health standards, and a divide and conquer ethos. Management played favorites, blatantly ignored their own rules, and clearly had no respect for anyone working there.
Was there when casual dining was born.
Waiter, Bartender, relief manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA, Tampa, FL, Nashvill and DallasNovember 19, 2017
This was in the 70's so there was a lot drinking and smoking. I people about the 99 cent lunch martini which was huge. No one thought too much about drinking two or three of them and going back to work.
Pros
One big party
Cons
one big party
Poorly Ran, Money is there if you work for it
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2017
Food almost always took a long time. Clientele here go because they know it is cheap. Management is pretty hands off, but they usually have your back.
Pros
Half off food, Plenty of hours
Cons
Clientele, management
Just another Casual Dining Restaurant
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 18, 2017
If you can go to another casual dining chain, do it. Friday's is definitely on the downward slope. Work as a manager is 10 hours very high paced, and the current marketing strategy of the company is very top-focused. They ask more and more of the wait staff while charging less and less for food, which kills the tip average. In addition, by discounting the menu with coupons and specials, and allowing guests to use these discounts in conjunction with each other, the company attracts a "McDonald's" crowd.
Pros
Hardworking staff
Cons
Extra work expected of you, limited appreciation, awful hours.
just doing this because it is forcing me to
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2017
just doing this because it is forcing me to. fun place to work. money is typically good. food discount is a nice plus too. okay i think i have written enough now.
Fun fast pace good people
Food Preparation/Cook (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2017
I️ worked at Friday’s for about two years I️ made some good friends it was a learning experience and a great opportunity a grew as a person there thank you
Pros
Free food
Cons
Working alone
It was ok
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 17, 2017
Management was a little out of the box in regards to handling employee complaints. I left because of the constant shuffling of people to different areas in one month. I couldn't get set into anything and it was jarring to me.
Closed down
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2017
The proprieter of my location didn't pay some important franchise bills and my career, as well as everyone there, was cut short due to the sherriffs department closing and locking the doors on my day off.
Server
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYNovember 16, 2017
Fast paced fun environment. I loved working here. The staff and the people were very nice. I was able to make consistent money over the few years I was there.
Busy
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 15, 2017
Worked in management and put in a ton off hours. The bar was open 2 hours longer than the restaurant. After counting down ad closing up it would sometimes be 4am before leaving
You can make money but you have to work really hard
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 14, 2017
There is definitely money to be made if you are willing to work closing and double shifts. The promotions that the company runs are horrible for the servers and bartenders. The promotions bring in horrible customers who treat the servers and bartenders horribly.
Pros
Flexible schedule for another job or school
Cons
Horrible promotions
Stylish
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 14, 2017
Fun and Entertaining. Bartenders Are greats but the food needs work. Communicated is good. Endless appetizers is the worst thing any one could have came up with!
Great place to work with great people
SERVING STAFF/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 14, 2017
This was my first job, and I worked there for about 6 years. I worked at multiple locations, but at every one of them I was welcomed with open arms. Great place to work.
Fun place to work. Fun staff and management.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCNovember 13, 2017
Very Fun place to work. Staff and management is friendly. Sidework is marginal and everyone is helpful. Very accommodating with schedule and hours. Lots if fun events and contests.
Pros
Work with schedule and time off
Cons
Slow during off seasons at beach
Good environment, many opportunities for advancement
Server (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 13, 2017
Good opportunities for work, fun environment with good staff members. Can call to any store within the region for help if needed. Great food and people.
Productive place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 11, 2017
Working as a Hostess at TGIF i have learned to have great comstumer service always smile an make the costumers feel like there welcomed. Once a costumer enters i have to greet them explain deals on the menu and seating.. The hardest part of the job is when we're over compasity and have no avaible tables for the next 30 minutes. Sometimes custmers get angry. But overall we get the job done.its was a great experience working with them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.