T.G.I.Friday's

T.G.I.Friday's Employer Reviews

decent place
Line Cook (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJune 12, 2014
line cook, did not mind the job, just wanted to get out of food service
Productive and rewarding workplace
Server (Former Employee), Williamsport, paJune 11, 2014
I found working here hard but rewarding. You learn how to manage your time effectively and remember how important manners can be.
Laid back work environment with great people.
Wait Staff and Bartender (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2014
Pros: the people!!
Cons: no breaks, no shift meals
The best part about working at T.G.I. Fridays are the people you work with. All are honest, fun and bring tons of personality to the work environment. While guests can be a pain at times, the people you work with always seem to de-stress the situation.
Bar Tending at Friday's
Bar Tender (Current Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and discounted food are a plus!
Cons: sometimes you work long shifts with no breaks.
Working at Friday's gives you the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. A typical work day includes setting up and or taking down the bar, preparing drinks for guest and maintaining a clean safe work environment. At Friday's you must be TABC certified, and you must be willing to tell people when they have consumed enough alcohol. Generally – more... speaking myself and co-workers work well together and I would consider them my second family. – less
Fast-paced customer service job
Hostess (Former Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 24, 2013
The culture at Friday's is amazing. I enjoyed seeing my coworkers each day. Also each day was new and different. While working in a restaurant isn't the most stress free job, it was exciting
Fun, fast paced
Key Hourly (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: fun and fast paced
Cons: management was a revolving door
My experience here was largely one of frustration with management. As an entry-level manager at Friday's, a ton of work was put on my shoulders with next to no training or coaching.
A good company to work for.
Expediter; Cook (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 23, 2013
TGIFriday's overall is a nice company to work for. While the store I'm currently in has some issues, it is mostly due to it being a small store and therefore not having a high volume of guests coming through it.
Fun place to work!!
Server (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 10, 2013
Very friendly work environment. Personable managers with an open door policy. Team environment.
awesome place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 5, 2012
I have spent just a little under seven years with TGI friday's, I feel very luck to have learned so much about the hospitality industry from an industry leader.
Really Fun place to work if you are young
Server / Trainer (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILAugust 14, 2012
Pros: great friendships and always moving
Cons: rude costumers
Typical day include making your guests feel welcome take down their orders and answering any questions they might have, also maintaining an assigned section clean and stocked
I learned excellent costumer service skills and always keep positive even with difficult costumers.
All management was really great people to work for they became mentors and great – more... friends, same goes for the co-workers we all helped and looked out for one another.
The hardest part was being on your feet for along period of time.
The most enjoyable part was never being bored there was always something that need to be done. – less
Overall was Good
Server (Current Employee), Big Flats, NYJuly 28, 2012
Pros: discount food.
Cons: short hours
Typical day I would come in do my job, meet new people, have interesting converstaions. Overall I had a great day at my job. I learned to work in a fast paced environment and how to adjust to difffernt peoples attitudes and personalities. My co workers were great they would help and assist me when needed and they would add to the fun environment. Managment – more... is would rather not discuss at this time. Most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people and make new friends. Hardest past of the job were those tables that you just couldn't make happy. – less
Like the music playing in the front of house- Rock Rock til ya drop!!
busser / runner (Former Employee), Long Island,N.Y.&hawaiiApril 19, 2012
Pros: always busy 4pm-2am
Cons: 1hour drive
Working originally as a busser at such a fun as well as fast paced Restaurant was great for income and covering others,or better yet help others in the weeds,meaning falling behind,beca of my quickness in completing what I needed to get done and having the eye and understanding of everything going on around me.
Fast paced sit down Family restaurant.
Host Trainer (Former Employee), Grandville, MIApril 14, 2012
Greet all guests. minor clerical, and janitorial training. most enjoyable part about the job, meeting each and every guest and getting to know them like family. Least favorite part about the job, not spending enough time with my regulars.
Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I worked at t.g.i. Fridays for half a year because i had a baby and never went back .
fun work place with friendly people
hostess.server (Former Employee), union city, californiaFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: everything about tgif
i really enjoyed working as a team with them , they made me feel like family and the customers were always happy
It was a fun atmosphere with my co-workers.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 12, 2011
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: management
Overall, it was a fun place, until the management was changed and things in the kitchen went downhill from there. Good pay, but bad management and aura can cause a bad work enviroment.
Great team member, smart and proactive managers, fun spot, crazy energy
Bartender/ Waiter (Current Employee), Kingston, JamaicaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: relaxed cell phone use policies
Cons: short breaks, no free lunches, poor pay, no human resource personel
i hope for a challenge worth the wild, good customers giving great service and get my fat tips in cash, lol.
step stone
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), AustriaApril 11, 2013
This role was my first in Austria. It presented the opportunity of learning the austrian office politics and expectations. I assisted in the production of marketing plans, cooperation development, enhanced the online portals and also assisted the GM.
I discovered many of my strengths and weaknesses in this position as the team was alot smaller as I – more... had been exposed.

I enjoyed the freedom of the position and the possibility of constant creative input. I also discovered the importance of administration and the necessity to develop this as a strength. – less