T.J. Maxx Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,286 reviews matching the search
Started when company was young watched and helped it become top retailer.
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJuly 24, 2016
Learned the business and started a great career. Very loyal. Performed many aspects of the job from janitorial to becoming a new store trainer traveling across the country. Then becoming a manager.
Good!
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 23, 2016
It is much better than your typical retail store, they feed you and you have morning meetings that you are actually allowed to speak within. You may wear what you like! You may sign up for DD! They have fun games and contests! Co-workers are nice for the most part, probably because our uniforms are stylish name badges. The most difficult part of this job is memorizing the location of items. The most enjoyable part is getting paid every Friday. 15 min breaks even if you are not a minor! I would recommend.
Pros
Snacks and BBQs, DD every friday, 15min breaks, flexible hours.
Cons
part-time only for most.
A fun place to work, could be better. Management is a plus, and could use some tweeking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 22, 2016
Fast-Paced environment, diverse customer base, Management is a plus, but questionable at the heart of the discussion.

Co-workers really do get along, despite the management style varying from one manager to the other.
I greet and assist customers (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Awesome place to work, cool team, everyone works hard, love working with the public. Get to help customers with whatever they need help with.
Pros
Great team
Cons
part time so no benefits.
It was what I would call typical retail work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 22, 2016
Brought new merchandise from the back room out to the sales floor. Not much to learn doing that mostly common sense to me. Management changed a lot. Most co-workers were great. Hardest part was when there was more merchandise than what we had room for. Enjoyable part was the great friends I made.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Never having the same work schedule.
It was a learning experience.
sell coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MA 01085July 22, 2016
I just hit 21 and was willing to learn in a new environment. i always had goals i would like to achieve whether it was with helping the customers find what exactly they wanted or just the figures on my weekly sales report. hardest part of the job for me was adjusting with the age difference. most co workers were 20 years my elder. Given time it i adjusted and learned how to communicate with people of all ages of a level i myself am comfortable with.
really fun work place, A lot of fashion
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
Had great times working at tj max really relaxed place to work. Help assist customers to merchandise, picked up clothes/trash off the floors. I learned to be accountable as a young adult also to be an aid to customers shopping. management was very relaxed but detailed orientated. my co workers were loving and caring, always wanted to hang out and very helpful on the sales floor.Hardest part of the job was closing at 1-2 in the morning as a teen. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to shop nice designer.
Pros
designer clothes
Cons
low pay
productive and respectful workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 21, 2016
A typical work day at TJ Maxx was always fast paced and always something to do. My coworkers were very friendly and I learned alot from them. I loved my managers they were really understandable and caring people. The hardest part of my job was nothing because i was a fast learner from day one on the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the new releases before they went out on the sales floor and also someone coming up to you asking you questions on how something looks. My opinion was really creditable to people at the store.
Pros
The hours
Cons
short breaks
life balance
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 21, 2016
this a great company to work for they work with your schedule part time or full time. managers are great to work for and we have an amazing team. i like it so far
Keyonna Summary
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2016
Overall I must say that while working at Tj Maxx I was very pleased. They treated me like a great and fair employee. I would recommend people to apply and work at this establishment.
Worked with some fun pleasant people, and some of which I still communicate with today.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WisconsinJuly 20, 2016
Working there provided me with a lot of experience helping others. It had a tendency to be a very tense environment during the holidays...but gave me the necessary experience I needed to improve on my customer service skills.
Pros
offered a 25% discount once near the holidays
Cons
did not pay a lot and offered no commission
good job to have while in college
Accessory Coordinator/Sales Associate-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 20, 2016
tj maxx was a fun place to work while in college and it nice being around clothes, shoes and purses. I enjoyed my co workers and managers very much.
warhouse clerk
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 19, 2016
sales and stock and cleaning the store and greeting customers.
need to be fast when stocking fun when talking to co works and steeling can't tell them anything when leave the store needs security
and needs better hungers.
Pros
one lunch go home early
Cons
getting rushed
fun place in my area needs better managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2016
management needs improvement however the money you make for the hours you work is pretty good you can complain really. The 15 minute breaks are great especially since they dont take it out of your pay
It's a good environment and have great workers there.
Regional occupational program (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 17, 2016
This was a program through my school so I can gain retail experience. Helped me to work on
Stocking merchandise and to have good customer service skills as well.
Fun and too fast work with some benifits.
Ticking (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2016
Work at TJMAXX was fast and hot, But I enjoyed my Job. Some of the people I worked with was very nice and polite. But some of them was not nice at all. My job was to ticket items and put in a box and send it down the belts to be shipped out. It was very hard work and very competive. But they had no understanding for any ones feelings or to train them in a too hurry. I enjoyed working there cause I liked my work and loved the pay. I also loved the things they gave us and the Halloween Parties. My deslikes about my job is that you have to work too fast. And my hip and back hurts too much afterwords.
Pros
Free gifts at hoildays
Cons
too fast pace, and no respect.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 16, 2016
One of the hardest working companies around, co-workers all work in unison to accomplish goals throughout the day. Managers are great people.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
12 hour workdays.
A good way to start a retail career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 15, 2016
Great coworkers but management left something to be desired. Learned better ways to handle retail situations. Offering the credit cards each transaction was a bit hard to get into the habit of but not terrible. It was fun to have an initiative to drive towards.
Pros
Respected personal backgrounds
Cons
Management seemed to have a lot of miscommunication
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 15, 2016
A fun and challenge environment. Really love working with my co workers and associates. I have learned a lot about merchandising.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 15, 2016
It was a good job for an high school graduate. Fast paced and very interesting customers. I loved working in the jewelry department and layaway department.