T.J. Maxx Employee Reviews

Found 2,559 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced but fun and fair place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 25, 2017
T.J.Maxx is a very fair job opportunity. The management staff is great and do not discriminate against employees. It is an equal opportunity work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 25, 2017
T.J. Maxx was an awesome place to work! Everyone was very friendly and always helped you out when you are new. Loved spending time there. It was a pleasure working with everyone there.
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJuly 25, 2017
most enjoyable part of my day is working with some of the employees.
Culture of the work place is calm and no problems between associates.
I learned about the product and policy.
seasonal sucks
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 24, 2017
They never seem to have enough employees. Seasonal was too crazy and busy without enough training. I figured a lot out on my own but wouldn't work here again.
Easy job, but management undermines you
Merchandiser and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 24, 2017
A typical day on the job depends on which department you work. If you are at the register, you stay at the register and handle all types of transactions. If you are on the floor, you are in charge of keeping the sales floor clean and clothing constantly in their right areas. This is a simple and easy job. Majority of employees tend to be young in age which can be fun if you are a teenager. But with my experience, management always undermined many employees and was not fair.
Pros
Scheduling
TJ Maxx
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2017
Retail can be fun. I worked in the home goods department of the store where I found a lot of items that I felt I just had to purchase whenever I could!
Pros
Cute clothes, nice knick knacks, fun people to work with
Cons
Minimum wage, potential upset customers
Mental Strenght
Retails Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2017
You'll build communication skills and ways in which you can handle a customer whose become upset. You'll find out situations that you can handle and which ones need to be handed of to a manger.
Pros
random free lunch days in break room
Cons
healthcare and bad payroll
tj maxx
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 24, 2017
Worked on the registers, organized the departments like toys, bedding, ext. helped customers. stocked the racked and shelves. Worked the dressing room organized the clothes to go back to the right departments
Cons
no break, no health care.
Great Place to work
FULL-TIME JEWELRY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLJuly 21, 2017
T.j maxx is a great company to work for, they have really good benefits and the management genuinely care about their employees, the chances of moving up in this company are very high, no work goes unnoticed, i love this company I've worked here for 3 years in my first year i was promoted to full time and was placed over the Jewelry department i would highly recommend this company to any one seeking employment in retail....
low compensation
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHJuly 21, 2017
i worked there in 2015 it was good experience overall but they do not pay good its almost close to state minimum that is why people do not stay here for longer period of time plus they have part time jobs only the management have opportunity to work full time
Good long term position.
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJuly 21, 2017
The hardest part of this job was being on my feet all day. The pay was not all that great but there were opportunities for overtime. A typical work day, for me was unpacking a truck at 7am, laying out apparel, censoring, sizing and hanging huge piles (table to head) of clothing into the day. Everyone got along, no drama.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Minimum wage pay
cashier/stock/sales/lay a way/ jewelry/fitting room/truck
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 21, 2017
They were always short of employees or a lot off constant call offs, so at times the store would get behind putting out merchandise.
I was taught very basics on everything and a lot of time would have to find someone to explain or figure it out the best I could.
Most customers were patient if you offer to help and get it taken care of right away.
Did get a lot of nice and unique merchandise in.
Pros
Had a pretty regulated schedule, close to home
Cons
having to rush and do a lot of extra work to try and stay on top of getting stock out
Great place to work. Management are really nice and everyone is very welcoming..
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 21, 2017
Not regular hours. But they do work with the hours you can work.. it's better if you are available weekends.. you don't get benefits unless you are a full time employee and it is hard to get a full time.. it's better if you need a part time.
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 21, 2017
Work days are relatively low stress, but there are always off days. The workplace is usually calm, fast-paced with good perks. The bosses are great and really take the time to get to know you.
Pros
good work environment, nice bosses
Full Service Business Day
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
Report to management to check daily assignments and projects that needed attending as soon as possible. Check incoming merchandise for any damages. Replenish stock as needed. Set merchandise displays on selling floor. Produce and chart sales reports. Train associates for proper sales. Support management where needed. General and specialized sales of merchandise.
Pros
Getting to know clients and customers and filling their needs.
Cons
Too many supervisors.
Miscommunication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHJuly 21, 2017
The managers there were horrible. One in particular at the time, he was cold hearted and only did things to benefit himself not others or even the store. I was stretched to my limits at one point working full time hours yet not getting benefits. When school came along they weren't flexible with my schedule at all. I would tell one manager one thing and then they would never communicate with each other so I was constantly having to defend myself.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 21, 2017
The managers micromanaged and made my job miserable. The only thing they care about is the numbers, not that the employees are actual human beings with feelings.
Tj
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDJuly 20, 2017
It was very hard to get moved up in this company. People don't care about their jobs. For a first job it's good. Long time, no, unless you are management.
Pros
you get breaks
Cons
the mess customers leave
Fun on-your-feet work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2017
T.J. Maxx is great for someone who lives at home or is in school full time & doesn't mind having a part-time job. You will not get full-time here unless you get promoted. No real health care unless you have full-time employment. Good job to start out for teens.
Pros
Short shifts, Laid back work environment
Cons
short breaks, varying schedule
Great place to work.
Seasonal Help / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 20, 2017
Good place to work seasonal, fast pace, management is good to you and they give you the hours that you ask for as long as they have them. Everyone is nice and gets along and works as team players.
Pros
discounts
Cons
nights, holidays, and weekends