T2 Venture Capital (www.t2vc.com) seeks a Program Associate to design, organize, and implement activities for building innovation ecosystems and fostering economic growth and entrepreneurship globally. This is an opportunity to apply your unique experience, passion, and creativity to building programs that can benefit the world. You will help develop several pioneering projects from the ground up.
You will report to the CEO, but you will also work collaboratively with colleagues throughout a broader organizational network. You will be based in Silicon Valley, at our Portola Valley, CA office. Your responsibilities will include the following, but they may evolve over time:
1. Organize and coordinate the Rainforest Architects program (www.rainforest-architects.com), a professional development course on designing innovation ecosystems. The program intends to scale up to 2-3 workshops per month by the end of 2013.
- Coordinate all the logistics for every workshop, from scheduling, hotel, transportation and meal arrangements, printing materials, etc.
- Manage and update our email marketing service provider.
- Develop, write, and send marketing emails, including our flagship newsletter
- Develop, write, and implement expanded website for Rainforest Architects
- Acquire marketing lists and marketing channel partners, for expanding the base of prospective attendees
2. Overall operational, administrative, and content support for any other matters that may come up in the course of business, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Plan and organize company events and schedule meetings
- Coordinate meetings catered meals
- Manage and maintain all facilities related activities
- Manage the procurement process of ordering supplies and materials
- Handle general office duties and other projects as needed
- Assist with light accounting duties
3. Support the creation of Rainforest Revolution, a virtual community of people who practice the Rainforest principles and seek to build innovation ecosystems
- Assist the development of Website and manage conversations within the community to maximize engagement
- Continuous blogging/writing/publishing on news, ideas, tools, insights
- Social media content generation on behalf of the Company and the overall network: blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Publication of electronic newsletter for the community
4. Other relevant tasks
- Customer relationship management for the overall organization, including coordinating sales pipeline, managing prospects, developing sales and marketing materials.
- Support organizing the Global Innovation Summit, our upcoming conference scheduled for February 17 - 19, 2014
- Develop proposals for prospective clients
- Support, research, and general assistance in delivering projects for clients
We are offering a starting compensation of $50,000 to $60,000 annual salary, with significant room to grow based on success, plus benefits and the future possibility of equity ownership. Please submit a resume, short writing sample, any online links, and any relevant short samples of past work.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- You get things done!
- You have a passion for innovation, economic growth, and being in a firm that seeks to change the world.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, an open mind when facing complex and unexpected situations, and are willing to “roll up the sleeves” to try creative and flexible solutions.
- You can convert abstract ideas into detailed implementation and take leadership in dynamic situations.
- You combine strong analytical skills with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- You have great attention to detail and time management.
- You are capable of designing web pages, using social media for marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), writing and sending electronic newsletters, and managing mailing lists.
- Graduate degree in related field, skill in graphic design, past experience with program development and management.
- At least bachelor’s degree required.
- Conferences and events planning experience required.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation.
We are looking to fill the position immediately.
Related positions and possible promotion titles, based on performance: Program Manager, Program Coordinator.