T3W Business Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced individual for a potential opportunity supporting the Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest (NAVFAC SW) by providing on-site environmental compliance technical and professional services in support of the Installation Environmental Compliance, Conservation Programs and Restoration Programs and the integrated Environmental Management System (EMS) of the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach (NAVWPNSTASB), its Detachments, tenants and customers. Typical duties include:
- Perform a wide variety of natural resources field support, professional biological project work and compliance oversight in support of the Natural Resources EMM and the installations Natural Resources Management Plans.
- Provide biological compliance oversight and inspections. Coordinate, support and evaluate various species and habitat field surveys.
- Review and evaluate draft Natural Resource Management and Technical Documents, such as but not limited to, Biological Assessments, Environmental Assessments, Proposed Species/Habitat Survey Work Plans, species and habitat surveys and evaluations, and GIS data.
- Perform a variety of studies to assess actual and potential impacts to natural resources and which entail review of applicable laws, regulations, Navy and Installation requirements, etc., in order to evaluate compliance and management needs.
- Evaluate potential project requirements and coordinate review of new and proposed environmental laws and regulations.
- Assist and support the Environmental Aspects and Requirements Review and NEPA documentation process.
- Develop required project review and permit application packages required by environmental regulatory agencies in support of obtaining necessary project approvals and or permits.
- Assist the Natural Resource Media Managers and the Installation Environmental Program Director to implement and administer the EMS and Conservation Programs.
- Assist the Navy Remedial Project Manager (RPM) by providing on-site coordination and support for internal review of studies and documents.
Qualifications: Masters of Science in Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Science AND a minimum of 10 years in the environmental professional field is required. At least 5 years of experience must be in the area of managing federally listed threatened and endangered species endemic to southern California coastal and inland eco-region in and around Seal Beach, DFSP San Pedro, Detachment Fallbrook and Norco, including direct experience overseeing/implementing regulatory requirements associated with the Sikes Act. Professional registration/certification are highly desirable. Knowledge and experience in at least two the following areas are also required: Coastal Zone permitting, Clean Water Act permitting via Army Corps of Engineers/U.S. Maine Fisheries, Navy Environmental Restoration Program/Munitions Response Program, Endangered Species Act management and consultation requirements.
Work Location: This function is performed at Seal Beach approximately 3 to 4 days per week, and other locations approximately 1 to 2 days per week on average to include: Detachment Fallbrook, Detachment Norco and Defense Fuels Supply Point (DFSP) San Pedro. Home office location is Seal Beach.
T3W offers a generous benefits package and would like to discuss this exciting opportunity with you. We look forward to hearing from you!