Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Industry: Hospitality, Hotel/Resort, Software
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Software Support, Software User Training
Education: 4 Year Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: At least 5 year(s) in related field – see below
Travel: Infrequent, but up to 50% per month
Job Available: Spring 2013
Location: Evanston, IL
TAC IT America Corp. is a subsidiary of TAC GmbH (Austria). We are specialized in the development and implementation of activity and spa management software solutions for the hospitality industry. Luxury hotels and resorts around the world use our product Reservation Assistant in resorts and leisure facilities. Visit www.reservationassistant.com to learn more about what we do.
We are looking for a Software Support & Software Training Specialist (combined position) who can join our US team, working from our office in Evanston, IL. You will provide customer service to our American and global clients, in collaboration with our support team based in Austria and you will will work as a software trainer on implementation projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Only applicants considered suitable candidates will receive a response
- Applicants who do not already have legal long term permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience and education in AT LEAST ONE of the following areas (in order of preference):
- software user training in hospitality industry
- hospitality information systems
- hospitality accounting & finance
- hotel, resort, or spa front desk operations or reservations
- information systems user support
- We PREFER applicants with EXPERIENCE in HOTEL INDUSTRY. Information systems/technology (IT/IS) is secondary - The ideal candidate has worked in a hotel with software in guest services (e.g. PMS at front desk or in an outlet with POS)
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally - (may include Asia, Middle East). Travel requirement is infrequent but some trips can last up to 2 weeks.
- Fully proficient technically, on current PC operating systems for computer training; with standard office productivity applications.
- Must possess current driver's license and passport.
- Superior customer service mindset. TAC provides IT service to luxury hospitality businesses. Commitment to excellent customer service is a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business Dress requirement, depending on customers' dress code and environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. TAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
- The job as a software training, implementation and support specialist requires work during customers' business hours and after when on project: during evening hours when on scheduled support shifts or when on stand-by support duty. These duties will include weekends and holidays. Extra hours are compensated as compensatory time off.
- Due to the nature of this position, employee maybe subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by our customers and/or business partners as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
- This job is a combination of two responsibilities detailed below - software training (at customer sites or web training) and customer service (software user support; working from the office).
SOFTWARE SUPPORT / CUSTOMER SERVICE - 50%
- In this position, you will provide after-sales Customer services, such as how to use our software to ensure a smooth operation.
- You will help the Customer to use our system to its full potential given the specific business requirements.
- Answer incoming customer calls and emails in a timely manner and/or take assignment of cases from others.
- Analyze customer software issues and resolve with available resources and investigate with Customer if necessary.
- Assist our other Software Training Specialists with technical questions.
- Manage timely resolution of support cases according to the Customer service level.
- Escalate unresolved cases as necessary. Track unresolved cases appropriately as needed. Interface with our Second Level Software Support for problem solving.
- Use discretion and judgment to ensure customer satisfaction and utilization of time.
- Communicate with Quality Assurance frequently to provide feedback for improving product documentation and training materials.
SOFTWARE TRAINING & IMPLEMENTATION - 50%
- Conduct End-User training for staff and/or management to ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Provide live support coverage at Customer sites on and after the system live date as budgeted and required by the Customer to ensure a smooth opening or transition to their new system and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Documentation, including preparation of training outlines, of Customer specific business requirements and reporting, based on customer specifications and established standards.
- Analyze with customer and discuss with Project Manager as required to ensure that all Customer requirements are met prior to system installation and learning objectives are reached.
- Modify software configuration, and related reports and documentation as required. Consult with Customers to determine and review software, or system functional specifications and obtain initial Customer sign-offs prior to system installation.
- Address Customer issues list and obtain final Customer sign-offs to validate their satisfaction with the new system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 17 months ago