Job Title: Graphics Design Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Provide both professional and administrative functions that align with the association’s mission and strategic goals and that accurately and cohesively brand the identity of the association through publications and the web.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the creative vision and application of communication tools relating to the image of TCEA and its various programs and the education of its members and other educators
- Develop creative concepts for individual print marketing collateral, including brochures, flyers, and advertisements and online marketing collateral, including email, websites/web pages, and other digital assets
- Design graphics for convention and conference publications, the quarterly magazine, the bi-monthly e-newsletter, and other marketing and informational brochures
- Develop the design for and lay out the quarterly print and digital magazine
- Create graphic content for the TCEA website
- Provide leadership and expertise on marketing initiatives
- Provide input on TCEA branding (clothing, signage, other products)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Digital four-color, pre-press, and web design experience
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) required
- A strong foundation for the proper use of typography in print and web and exceptional production art abilities
- Ability to learn and implement brand style guidelines
- Experience in design, editing, and oversight of print and electronic publications
- Experience developing successful long- and short-term marketing and communications plans
- Proven abilities interacting with staff members, the media, and the public
- Knowledge of nonprofit associations, their purposes, and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five to seven years of experience in graphic design
- Solid judgment in communications strategy and ability to catch reader interest with audience-friendly content
- Ability to design and do layout for print publications
- Produce a high level of quality, accurate work on tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to precisely follow art direction
- Ability to layout and produce publication using In Design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary dependent on qualifications. Average salary of $50,000/year.
Excellent benefits, including employee health, vision, and dental insurance; employer-matching retirement fund; paid vacation; and more.
TCEA is a non-profit organization of more than 14,000 members across the world who support the innovation of teaching and learning for students in all grades and subject areas through the use of technology.
TCEA is a non-profit organization of more than 15,000 members across the world who support the innovation of teaching and learning for...