1. Understands how the freight companies billing and allocation processes interacts with the process of a 3rd party freight payment company as well as the process of TE’s 3rd party shipping system. Approves freight invoices via an online process. Resolves out of tolerance transactions. Provides recommendations and coordinates with the TE Freight Coordinator in the Freight Payment processes.
2. Provides regular freight reports with the freight costs associated with the major freight lanes and carriers service levels, premium freight, prepaid freight, and provides the data as needed to management for managing the freight cost and saving opportunities.
3. Coordinate with customer service, Distribution Centers and ADC Logistics personnel, the evaluation, implementation and maintenance of customer shipping instructions, and routings and ensure they are up to date and will interface with the ADC shipping system.
4. Maintains process control charts and review with Manager.
5. Understands internal cost centers/GL accounts and with support from TE Finance maintain rules for allocation of freight costs.
6. Monitors and reports on supplier compliance to routing guide.
7. Resolves freight billing issues with carriers.
8. Other functions as assigned by Logistics Manager
- Associate’s Degree (two years) in Transportation, Logistics or Business.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in general transportation and shipping functions.
- Basic accounting knowledge is preferred
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish (at least 85% of each)
Please note that this position will require some commuting availability.