TEC Equipment, the west’s premier, multi-point, full service truck dealership is looking for a Parts Counter person in our Reno location. If you know how to provide the best customer service and have a strong quality work ethic, we are looking to hire you as part of the TEC Team. We want people who demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. We offer top pay with benefits for qualified candidates with experience.
The Parts Counterperson is responsible for assisting all mechanics and customers in purchasing needed parts and supplies. The Parts Counterperson is also responsible for achieving monthly sales and for seeking out and soliciting parts business.
The Parts Counter Sales Person is responsible for providing the highest level of professional Services to all Customers Internal and External. The Counter sales Person is also responsible for achieving monthly sales goals and seeking out and soliciting additional parts business.
Job duties for a parts counterperson include:
- Be friendly, professional and efficient when working with all customers, both on the phone and in person.
- Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Handling parts payment collection at point of sale and making sure all parts are billed correctly through the service department.
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information. Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Assist service technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs in process.
- Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model and year of vehicles being serviced.
- Pull purchases from stock. If the part is not in stock, determine availability and submit an emergency order if requested by the customer.
- Provide the same high level of service to the other dealership departments as is given to other customers.
- Must be able to work evening shift for indefinite period of time.
- Keep front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Replenish assigned inventory daily. Advise Parts Manager when areas of the department are not in satisfactory condition.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
As a Parts Counterperson, you will be experienced and aware of the latest truck technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as a Parts Counterperson:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in heavy duty truck and trailer parts sales role.
- Must have computer proficiency.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Valid driver's license
Indeed - 13 months ago