TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), United StatesMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great culture and a great place to learn and grow a career
Cons: Pay structure is not dependent upon position
TEKsystems is a great company to work for. I learned a lot about customer development, business management and management with people. Fantastic local and senior leadership that provided many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Great potential to make money with little work-life balance
Sales Management Trainee/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Earning potential. Young team of extroverts.
Cons: Little work-life balance. High stress environment. No Job security.
Typical day as a recruiter begins at 7:30AM and at the earliest ends at 6pm. 12 hour days are very typical. There was very little work-life balance in an extremely fast-faced and high stress environment. There is a strong focus on hitting your weekly sales numbers and weekly evaluations are common during training. There is no such thing as job security and the business director makes this clear. If you don't produce, you are gone. In my time at TEKsystems, many of my colleagues were either fired or quit. The turnover was extremely high but advancement opportunity into an Account Management position was there. The culture is made up of extremely extroverted personalities and can at times get overwhelming. Everyone is friendly but it is an extremely tight group of individuals who often hang out after hours. Most employees are motivated and mainly driven by money because of the potential to make great commission.
ok
customer service rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 21, 2015
The benefits were excellent and pay was good as well. I worked here for about nine months everything was great until our entire department was shut down. we were not told anything until the day of and everyone lost their job few were hired on in new departments but for the most part the situation was handled terribly
Contracvtor
(Contractor)CB Technologies (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2015
i enjoyed the team i was paired with they are a great bunch of people and we all worked well with each other , i wish the pay was more but it is what it is.
overall a good place to work.
T-Mobile contractor (Current Employee), Frisco, TexasMay 20, 2015
Pros: catered meals from time to time
Cons: no benefits
overall it is a good place to work. the hours are dependable, the people i work with are pleasant. they provide meals from time to time. The down side is that the pay is low and benefits are non existent. When i accepted the job offer there was a wage agreed upon however after things were in motion they called me back and decreased it by 2 dollars an hour.
2 years
Management of large projects (Current Employee), Portland OregonMay 19, 2015
Worked with Teksystems for two years, Recruiter and Account manager follow up with employees often with lunch and Hapy hours plus phone calls once a month.

best compensation in the area for PMs

professional and courteous staff.
A good adency to find work in Technology
Jr. Network Specialist/Jr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), Hastings-on-Hudson, Village of PelhamMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good account managers
Cons: They are an agency, so it is what it is
They work with you to find work in your field of technology. I like the team that works with me and we meet for lunch once a month to review what's going on with the position.
Dedicated team culture in a low pressure environment
Level II Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: work environment, co-workers, and management
Cons: short breaks and commute
A day on the job involves solving problems over the phone from reset passwords to have to reformat a computer's operating system. You constantly learn on the job working as the environment changes with each technology advancement. The management was superb, I could not give them a high enough grade. Coworkers were friends and teachers I hold them in the highest regard. The hardest part was also the best part of the job which is owning your issue, for example if I was not able to figure something out I did not pass it down the line to the next tech, it was up to you to research and solve the issue. The most enjoyable part was cracking the issue that you might have been stuck on all week and being able to call the customer and showing them how to fix it.
First contract position with them.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
The position I was put for seemed like it could turn permanent but didn't due to project life.
The people at the contract company were nice and still plan on working with me.
Flexibility, trustworthy
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Radnor PAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, awesome culture, flexible work/life balance
Cons: No paid bereavement, after projected ended there weren't any potential jobs presented
The recruiter I've worked with were competent and placed me in jobs that were conducive to my work experience. I appreciate their interaction with their contractors. Very nice place to work and trustful.
Team Environment
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Ability to make large amounts of commission
Cons: Potential for long hours
TEKsystems provides a fast paced team environment full of fun competition and ability to advance quickly. They provide extensive training and support to get you prepared for the job.
great way to start in at entry level
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: great way to come onboard on entry level
Cons: the agreement was for a year only then I was hird on through a better contracting complany.
Tek-Systems I started and got my hands on training through Tek-Systems. I work at the same company just under different contract companies. In the 8 years I've been here I've continued under 3 contracted companies. Tek-systems was the first to get my foot in the door.
Different work setting daily
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 1, 2015
A typical day for me at Teksystems or Net 100, because teksystems is a temp-agency, would consist of me traveling to different renovated and newly built construction sites to install cable wires. I learned safety first and foremost at this job because the job was definitely dangerous. I learned how to give other co-workers advice in doing their job to the best of their ability while still being able to do my own. My co-workers could also rely on me to pick them up sometimes because of the commute back and forth to out of town locations. I wouldn't consider work to be hard but you definitely need determination to carry 50 pound wires up and down stairs for a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the commute because I love to travel.
Very helpful and competent recruiters
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, trustworthy
Cons: Contract based
The recruiters I've worked with were competent and placed me in jobs that were conducive to my work experience. I appreciate their interaction with their contractors. Very nice place to work and trustful.
Great Place to Work
System Administrator (Current Employee), PensacolaApril 29, 2015
Pros: Very Smart Coworkers
Cons: No paid holidays
Highly Recommended. Lots of opportunity for learning. Many areas to work in. vmWare, Citrix, SAN storage, etc. A very friendly environment.
Great follow up
Instructional Design Contractor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2015
TEKSystems is a recruitment company who has a different spin on what it takes to place potential employees with companies. The recruiter strives to have a great working relationship with both the client companies and the employees. They are great about following up with both employee and company to make sure it is working for both parties.
Family orientated organization with an upbeat/ young environment
Information Technology Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: expense reimbursement, supportive management, fun culture, commission
Cons: long hours
Expertise in full-cycle recruitment processes; sourcing strategy, skills qualification, interviewing, and placement.
Develop recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various recruiting tools such as recruiter work space (RWS), indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, and workintexas.com.
Match candidates’ strengths with clients’ requirements by evaluating, screening, and interviewing candidates.
Negotiate wages, terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain a commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements.
Complete necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests.
Manage contract employees while on assignment. Assess and investigate contractor related problems, and administer performance counseling, coaching, and disciplinary measures when necessary.
Work with Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets, key market segments, and assess clients’ staffing requirements.
Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment.
Communicate with peers by sharing recruiting “best practices” and providing accurate, thorough documentation on applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
Maintain relationships with industry contacts to provide exemplary customer service, gain industry knowledge, and obtain referrals and sales leads
Working with TEKSystems
Team Leader (Former Employee), PAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Sense of accomplishment
Cons: rough start
On a typical day, there were monumental tasks that needed to be accomplished. With the teams that were put together, there was an understanding that we all had a part to accomplish. I personally learned that proper planning, setting expectations, execution, and follow ups will lead to a successful project. The hardest part of the job was taking all the pieces and putting them together in the fashion that suited the situation best.The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing the tasks set out and witnessing the plan in action.
Great for if you're just entering the IT/IS field or need interviewing practice.
PC Technician/Database Administrator (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Interviewing experience, friendly and determined recruiter
Cons: Experience gained varies by contract, no bereavement pay
I never had any real interviewing experience until after my college graduation, and TEKsystems helped me with that. My recruiter threw me into what seemed like interview after interview until I snagged my first long-term contract as a Junior Database Administrator. I enjoyed the position for the most part because it was challenging and required me to build my database management skills quickly. Unfortunately, I learned TEKsystems does not provide bereavement pay for contract employees when I had to take time off after a family member passed away.

My second contract did not start out as smoothly as the first. My recruiter was still as helpful as possible. TEKsystems corporate, however, kept pushing my start date back, and required me to drive an hour (one way), 3 separate times, for employment screenings and tests despite living minutes away from other eligible screening locations. Once I started my PC Technician role, though, I didn't have any major issues.

I can't comment on work environment, since it varies by contract.
Database Developer (Current Employee), Onsite Contractor in Fort Collins, COApril 20, 2015
Work as a contractor through TEKsystems. Overall it has been a favorable experience. They have good communication and maintain contact while you are out on assignment through one on one lunches.

1 2 3 4 5

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more

TEKsystems Salaries