TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Be wary of "culture"
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 10, 2015
I was sold on this position due to the great "culture" that was explained to me by friends working there, during interviews, and constantly during actual work. Me, and all my friends, found out that this was a thin veneer over a really distorted workplace.

Considering work/life balance, this is a pillar of their culture that was often preached, yet somehow a 50+ hour workweek was "expected." Leaving work on time and on schedule became regarded as something of a betrayal, as if I wasn't working as hard as the rest of the team. The work/life balance tipped the scales more in the direction of work.

I increasingly became uncomfortable with the communication aspect of the culture as well. TEK prides itself as an open communication workplace, however this is used more as a tool for weeding out dissatisfaction and "trouble makers" rather than a problem solving or team-building tool. I saw many people raise legitimate concerns over business practices/operations/management decisions, only to see them pulled into "development meetings" for a time then swiftly let go. The message here was, "Don't make waves, or else let me show you to the door."

There was also a manufactured sense to the "culture" - every other week there were small-team meetings discussing personal lives, goals, ambitions, etc. Participation was a little awkward - I feel there's a principle that you can't force or manufacture a great culture. It's something that has to be lived day in and day out. Having meeting to discuss aspects of the culture, how we fit into the culture, and how we live the culture in our
  more... personal lives quickly became something of a cult formation, rather than personal and professional development. I agree that there needs to be a certain level of group mentality at a company, working towards the same goals. However, this requires a more organic approach than structured meetings to talk about how great the "culture" is consistently. Especially considering how I saw the "culture" used to punish some very brilliant, kind, and hard-working people, I soon learned that the insistence on culture was just a sham.

So be wary of a place that sells too much on culture, and too little on the nuts/bolts/and drive towards success that should motivate people to work for a company. If your culture is so awesome, there should be no need to say it week after week - your employees should know it and feel it, and no company picnic or crazy office competitions can make up for the complete waste of cultural potential at TEK.
Pros
Good benefits and decent salary, incentives were alright
Cons
Pro-culture, terrible at living it. Ultimately vicious workplace coupled with unnecessarily high workloads.
Professional IT Recruiter
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2014
•Sr. IT Recruiter primarily specialized in Network/ Systems Infrastructure and Communications screening and selection; Systems/Network Architecture/Engineering/NOC/Desktop/Service Desk/ Project Management/ Directors/leadership roles/Technical Support/ Remote Support/Field Technicians and/or Telecommunications to align the top IT Talent to align with ongoing career opportunities. Daily duties included;
o Developing effective and innovative recruiting strategies for attracting and sourcing high quality technical candidates for client companies.
o Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of candidates following a thorough screening and interview process to accomplish the following; negotiate wages, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates
o Oversee pre-employment steps including reference checks, onboarding paperwork, coordinating scheduling/start dates and completion of background/drug tests
o Build, manage and maintain relationships with the contract employees during and after each assignment
o Responsible for redeploying Technical Professionals before contract end dates
o Schedule and/or complete on boarding and new hire paperwork
o Interacted with TEKsystems Account Managers to reviewing top accounts and target skill sets to provide successful delivery and revenue
o Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment
o Maintain relationships with industry contacts to gain industry knowledge and get referrals
o Provided local market analytics, timely feedback Pre-interview preparation and post-interview follow-up
  more... and assisted with resume building for Technical Professionals.
o Set professional and personal goals for self and with the team to hold accountability and/or be held accountable to drive peers, set positive work environment, motivate others to set up for success.
o Forming strategic partnerships with senior management to determine staffing needs.
o Participating in weekly recruitment meetings, conference calls, focusing on troubleshooting difficult positions and managing client issues
o Responsible for closures of technical professionals into both contract and permanent employment opportunities
o Assisted in negotiating, reviewing and Executing of rates on W2/1099/ contracts, customer agreements or Bill Rates with Vendors and Clients.
Pros
career advancement, setting and accomplishing personal or professional goals, networking with various companies and people
Cons
work life balance to a point
"The" staffing firm choice for I.T. professionals
SSIS Data Transformation Services Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2013
A lot of staffing firms fall short because they violate a variety of principals regarding retaining consultants, sourcing competent and qualified candidates for clients, being too greedy and taking too much "off the top" (leaving less than competitive pay for the consultant actually "doing" the work)..among many things.

TekSystems, however, is not one of those companies. The recruiters maintain very close and nurtured relationships with their clients and are very well aware of their needs (perhaps more aware than the clients themselves), and source from a candidate pool best suited and qualified to meet those requirements. If a consultant tries to express interest in a job for which he/she is obviously unqualified, the recruiters have no problems with course corrections and steering the consultant onto a more relevant path.

And speaking of consultants... TekSystems understands the importance of retention. They do not treat their leads as one-time uses and then abandon them. For long after a contract has been signed and begun, the recruiters maintain contact with the consultants (usually by treating them out to great lunches) and are always available for any reasons whatsoever. When problems arise, they are very professional in their resolutions and do an excellent job of taking care of the consultant while also keeping the client's needs in check. Within timely fashion, recruiters also tend to have subsequent contracts and opportunities lined up and ready to begin processing when the current one ends.

If companies treated their employees like TekSystems treated their consultants,
  more... staffing firms would go out of business. This is the standard.  less
Pros
constant contact, accessibility, free lunches, consultant appreciation, problem resolution, skills/competency matches, excellent and flexible pay with great benefits.
Cons
not all geographical locations have a local office/recruiter. understandably, they will headquarter near their clientele.
Fun place but limited and with a very quirky culture.
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 10, 2013
TEKsystems was a good place to work in terms of their efforts to maintain a positive morale among all its employees. They have a very solid culture that they actively work to promote, and are quick to identify individuals who do not fit this culture. The downside to this is that there is often a very perceivable insincerity among some workers that are doing just what they need to do to stay employed. TEKsystems encourages workers to share intimate details of their personal lives, on a level that many would find inappropriate and uncomfortable. TEKsystems also encourages (and tacitly requires) a high level of out-of-work socializing among its employees to maintain strong relationships. This can be both positive and negative, and those that have the hardest time dealing with this are those who are very busy in their normal lives, or those who desire privacy. TEKsystems does not support or tolerate individuals who wish to keep work and personal life separate, and this is what, for many, makes it a very difficult place to work. Advancement at TEKsystems can be difficult for the simple reason that one must meet criteria that are based more on personality and character (e.g. how social one is, how often a person engages in out of work activities and events, how popular one becomes, etc.) rather than job performance and skills.

TEKsystems also does not pay very well, even as the economy is revitalizing. Salaries remain low, and recent changes to address this by upper management remain well below satisfactory. Bonuses do not depend on merit or performance, but rather on mostly arbitrary
  more... numerical factors, resulting in an imbalanced and unfair distribution of bonus payouts. Associates at the entry level are often held responsible for things out of their control.  less
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
low pay, difficult culture, required mixing of personal and work life, focus on personality and popularity rather than skill and merit.
Opportunity is there if you want it
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2012
TEKsystems offered me a great opportunity to learn the “ins and outs” of the IT Staffing industry from a vendor's perspective. It led me to the place where IT and HR intersect an gave me a back door view into the inner workings of some of Southern California’s largest and most innovative companies.

It was here that I picked up technical knowledge and learned how to read a resume from a hiring manager’s perspective. I also learned what it felt like to place a hard working technical professional into their dream job, sometimes delivering people from the jaws of financial ruin.

This position was challenging in a number of ways; by and large, the biggest piece was the sacrifice of personal time in order to meet metrics. While I never believed that good hiring decisions gave way to the need of micromanagement, I found that regardless of performance, the company continually tightened the screws from the top down, creating a very competitive and exclusionary culture.

I did exceedingly well for 5 years. I saw a number of people come and go - some were run into the ground, unable to keep up with expectations. Others left with their chins up, going off to assume roles in other industries or working for the companies they once supported from the vendor’s seat. No one ever said staffing was easy, but it’s all about expectations and the ability to commit yourself fully to the task at hand. If you can’t manage your time effectively, the vendor lifestyle will eat your lunch.

All in all, I consider my time with TEK a positive investment. I’ve met some truly amazing and gifted people. I’ve
  more... seen people lose $50K in commission in one day and work it back up over the course of a year, sacrificing for their coworkers along the way. I’d say I walked away understanding the meaning of the word commitment. I’ve no regrets.  less
Pros
ample requirments, competitive bonus structure
Cons
work/life balance
As an Risk Management Analyst have the following responsibilities and functions: Mastery of BMS security risk assessment tools and question sets.
Risk Management Consultant at JPMorgan Chase (Former Employee) –  Princeton New JerseyJanuary 16, 2015
Conducts risk assessments on BMS high security risk applications. Understanding of application architectures (including web, client server, mobile & controls around cloud deployments). Responsibilities included vulnerability testing using web scanning tools like Webinspect and/or Appscan. Documents all residual risk; provides security risk advice; gets business approval for remaining residual risk. Prepared operational metrics, trend analysis, risk assessments reports for senior management. Developed understanding of the implementation and adherence to COBIT, HIPPA, PCI, Sarbanes–Oxley Requirements, Action Plans, Substantiations, and Compliance. Provided training and awareness; keeps OneBMS portal materials updated; perform training sessions as needed.

Executed dynamic risk-based assessment plans that identifies value-added recommendations to enhance Company processes and controls. Worked with a highly skilled team environment to secure U.S.-based operations, international company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Conducted pre-audit interviews included reviewing testing business processes and monitoring compliance with company policies, procedures, regulations (e.g., U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, interactions with healthcare professionals) and master services agreements. Strategic assessments include the Company’s social media programs, data privacy and sustainability reporting. Throughout the assessment, the Risk Manager responsible for interacting with senior management.
The people are great...
Contract Coordinator-Sub-Vendor Program (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 14, 2014
I worked at TEKsystems for two years, and for my first year and half it was heaven. I was on track to become a manager, and had really learned to love the culture and all of the people there.

My coworkers became more like a second family, and I thrived in the fast paced environment. The work was very detailed, and after over a year, as the most tenured person on my team I was the go to person for questions and odd situations, and I handled those situations on a day to day basis, in addition to my regular work load of vetting between 10-15 companies a week.

However, the environment changed after all of my leadership moved or were let go, and I found that under new leadership I was not being viewed as the valued member of the team I had been, and after a few months of struggle, it was time for me to leave TEK.

I learned so much about the corporate world, and would not trade that experience for anything, and if given the chance, I do wish it had gone differently, but after struggling for more than six months with new leaders being brought it, it became an environment i was not comfortable in, it became a place where perfection was not only expected, but demanded and where mistakes were scrutinized in an unfair capacity. The goals of the team changed, and the vision of this new team wasn't aligned with what i wanted. All in all I felt very given up on by my upper leadership team and I couldn't be in a place that didn't support or appreciate who I was.

The company is still a good company, and the people are really great, this is just my personal experience.
Pros
great experience, good bonus incentives, "fun" place to work
Cons
inconsistent leadership, unfullfiled core values and competencies, no real room for internal promotion into leadership positions.
Family orientated organization with an upbeat/ young environment
Information Technology Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2015
Expertise in full-cycle recruitment processes; sourcing strategy, skills qualification, interviewing, and placement.
Develop recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various recruiting tools such as recruiter work space (RWS), indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, and workintexas.com.
Match candidates’ strengths with clients’ requirements by evaluating, screening, and interviewing candidates.
Negotiate wages, terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain a commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements.
Complete necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests.
Manage contract employees while on assignment. Assess and investigate contractor related problems, and administer performance counseling, coaching, and disciplinary measures when necessary.
Work with Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets, key market segments, and assess clients’ staffing requirements.
Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment.
Communicate with peers by sharing recruiting “best practices” and providing accurate, thorough documentation on applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
Maintain relationships with industry contacts to provide exemplary customer service, gain industry knowledge, and obtain referrals and sales leads
Pros
expense reimbursement, supportive management, fun culture, commission
100% work travel with all paid
Circuit Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CaNovember 8, 2012
every Monday morning I would get on a plane, get to the destination city at around 2pm, get my rental and drive to the site. Meet my contact who would show me where the transport equipment was located,plus the teleco closet and where the fiber circuit came in and this same person would advise me how and where to come into the building on a 24hr round the clock. I check for light on the fiber, I call the tech at the other end of the circuit to find out if he is ready and if we can we start testing(this work is done in the maintenance window but when these circuits are hand-off they are not live) on the Work side ( OC3 thru OC192 1G 10G).If we have errors or trouble we call the LEC and start troubleshooting to clear all errors and re-start testing soon, we only have 24hrs to test each side of the circuit. At the Maintenance window we call up the LEC to let them know how things are going ; we need to check up on the circuit every 6/8 hrs day and night for 24hrs.During the test we take pictures and we save the test and togethere send them back to the customer's NOC..and this is done for the Protect side of the circuit again for 24hrs. ON Friday 1am we would call up CISCO and integrate the circuit with them and by 6am I was on the plane back home. If the circuit for any reason does not test good, it is set-up with the LEC to continue troubleshooting, fix, test and send results to the customer and later re-test the circuit.I did this 46 weeks a year for 7 years....so if you have a customer that wants and needs this type of support I'm your man.
Awesome culture enviroment, great place to work while learning everyday and advancing your career!
Professional IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
A typical day consists of anywhere from 10-12 hours of work whether it was in or away from the office. The opportunity to learn something new and advance your career is an every day deal while employed with TEKsystems. The opportunity to learn how to prioritize daily tasks to be most effective when producing and helping others are the the things I had the chance to learn and be better at each day.
Putting a large focus on the business that is moving, satisfying customers, building relationships and staying motivated to accomplishing professional and personal goals were some the best things I've taken away from this position.
Hardest part about my position is being a single mom and dedicating many hours to the company but also balancing the hours with the needs of my daughter. It is possible and my co workers, management and technical professionals were always very supportive.
I enjoyed making a difference in people's lives, helping them find an opportunity that they loved getting up to go into everyday, I enjoyed producing and working as a partner to my peers to execute on the company's annual goals. I enjoyed working with my peers and making a positive impact whenever I had the opportunity to do so.
Pros
opportunity across the board. market analytics, corporate networking, projects, updated technologies, etc.
Cons
work/life balance at times but is situational.
Please stay away for SA office.
Desktop support (Former Employee) –  San antonio TXNovember 5, 2013
So i had lost my job and was looking for a new place to work. I had dealt with teksystems in the past when i was contracted through usaa and they held a contract also. The fist time i called them i got the run around and no call back. after months i finally got a different recruiter. After about a month of search and dead end interviews (most part time) He tried to place me at Hanger 9. I got the position and was ready to start, then he dropped a bombshell on me, Because i smoked I could not work there. even though after the interview one of the managers there took me out for a smoke. So after another month I was placed some where. They brought me in to sign a contract for hanger 9 but never the other, and when i brought that to thier attention they told me not to worry about it, so i got no paid holidays or PTO. I was there about 3 months and then on my day off i got a call saying some one had seen me watching youtube. I explained that wasn't true and he could check all my screen shots from my manager there remoting over, or even check my bandwidth usage. Teksystems refused to ask for any of that and told me to come to the office to get my belongings. When i arrived there i was set aside and berated for over an hour by a recruiter and a manager. They refused to listen to me and listen to any logic. I left that place and never looked back. If you are a tech and are looking for serious work, please stay away from there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unprofessional, no job security, takes months to place.
Treats contractors poorly after hired. Lacks communication. Violated MN. Statute 181.13
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 3, 2012
I had a six month contract-to-hire that was extended, but not until 5:30 pm on the last day - after I asked/reminded them 3 weeks prior.

The assigned account had different guidelines for time reporting than Teksystems and despite being paid hourly, I had to report hours worked on weekends as being worked between Monday - Friday.

When Teksystems Open Enrollment began for Medical benefits, I wasn't notified until after the enrollment period was half over - and only because I asked about it. Then it took two more efforts to even get proper log on profile on their enrollment website. They were mediocre benefits at best.

I was pushed to work on holiday hours and on-call 24/7 two weeks in a row. When I notified them of a legitimate need to address some personal events I was let go with no chance of being placed with any other account. When I asked for my final check, it took them a week to give it to me. They violated MN. Statute 181.13 then denied I asked for my check!

I filed for unemployment and Teksystems told the state that I quit and didn't request another assignment and therefore claims I violated the contract. I'm now fighting to get unemployment! I've worked for several companies over the span of my 20 years in the industry and these people are misleading, untrustworthy and downright crooked!
Cons
worked through lunch most of the time. no appreciation & seldom contacted via phone or in person.
Awesome Company
IT Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 10, 2014
I have been working with TEK on and off for 10 years or more. TEK is an awesome company to work for. They truly the value work/life balance system. They are always their to assist us with anything we need from conflict resolution to offering guidance and training to their consultants to better position us in keeping up to date on new technology coming out or just to further one's career. They are always ready to listen, take notes and take action on behalf of the consultants. TEK is a wonderful company to work for from the West coast to the East coast they are all amazing and all of them work so hard in making sure you have what you need to represent yourself as well as company. In one of my assignment I had a Recruiter, Account Manager, Consultant Manager and a Mentor and each one of them had a goal of making sure you had every thing you need to better position yourself for the next step. They have an amazing training website Skillsoft. Rather you are TEK staff or a consultant you are with the very best of the best Technical Staff firm. TEKsystems is number one for a reason and I am so proud to be on their team.
Pros
caring, have your best interest a heart, work hard for their consultants, frequent breakfast or lunch dates, yummy mid-day goodies, awesome recognition of their staff.
Cons
ohhhhh let me think for a second..........still thinking..................still thinking
Teksystems was quick to find me a position in the current field I was working in with a better benefits package and an increase in pay.
Contracted Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work starts with the day before. I receive an email detailing the customer information, scope of work to be done, and location of customer. If parts are required I pick those up from the office (sometimes the parts are picked up the day before) and then commute the customer's location. Complete any work described in the scope of work and ensure that the customer is satisfied with work completed receiving a sign-off at this time. If the job takes less time than a single day call in to project director to determine if another a job is ready for finishing out the days work. Sometimes calling into customer service for the programming of security panels involved in the completion of the scope of work. If any problems arise co-workers are happy to help with any issues that they may have already encountered in the past that are new to me. The hardest part of the job is having to stand for long periods of time on a step ladder. The most enjoyable part of the job is the commute between locations and learning the new systems.
Pros
having a different issue everyday that can increase my knowledge of systems.
Cons
having to drive my own personal vehicle to job sites.
Quick paced, tight budget with tight time table requirements
Part-time Integration Lead of hardware equipment (Current Employee) –  Reston, VirginiaOctober 21, 2013
*Typical day consists of planning and implementing for a full day's installation and integration activity with noticeable work accomplishments that enables meeting time and budget requirements.
*I learned that communicating with the project management team, logistics team, and integration team is critical in getting work planned and scheduled to meet timelines.
*Management pushes work accomplishment down to the lowest level to enable management to communicate with customers and segment partners on integration schedules and needs.
*Co-workers are all chosen with specific skills but interviewed using "behavioral interviewing" methods to enable the team structure to norm and fast track the performance needed to get work accomplished.
*The hardest part of the job is managing team member availability in order to plan for serial and parallel work.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers utilize the IT environment that was created for them and are happy that full functionality of capabilities needed to perform their job are available.
Pros
meeting new it installation professionals
Cons
secure environment requires full escort of some it installation workers.
If you are a family man then this company is NOT for you.
Engineering Data Network Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2015
First of all, be adamant about what you are looking for. The recruiter can make or break you. If they don't understand your work skill level, don't be afraid to ask for another recruiter who does. I had the unfortunate experience of getting the recruiter from heckl. I gave her my resume with telecom construction/outside technician skills. then she pawns off this data administrator job to me. I don't know where her head was, I should have known better. The name of the position was too long. I was there a week and asked for a transfer. To my dismay, I was denied. I told my recruiter I didn't match the position. Afterwards, the whole warm and fuzzy feeling wasn't there anymore.
she started to play games with my pay. For example,hold my check back an extra two or three days. All professionalism went out the door. things had gotten personal with her. She never offered to help me find anything else. I'd been blacklisted after a month of database training. I learned a valuable lesson. Now I know why Verizon Wireless has such a high turnover rate. The recruiters are making bad placement decisions. Even though I disliked the position, I finished my workload everyday.
Pros
Cons
Recruiters are just placing bodies in jobs
Great for if you're just entering the IT/IS field or need interviewing practice.
PC Technician/Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 24, 2015
I never had any real interviewing experience until after my college graduation, and TEKsystems helped me with that. My recruiter threw me into what seemed like interview after interview until I snagged my first long-term contract as a Junior Database Administrator. I enjoyed the position for the most part because it was challenging and required me to build my database management skills quickly. Unfortunately, I learned TEKsystems does not provide bereavement pay for contract employees when I had to take time off after a family member passed away.

My second contract did not start out as smoothly as the first. My recruiter was still as helpful as possible. TEKsystems corporate, however, kept pushing my start date back, and required me to drive an hour (one way), 3 separate times, for employment screenings and tests despite living minutes away from other eligible screening locations. Once I started my PC Technician role, though, I didn't have any major issues.

I can't comment on work environment, since it varies by contract.
Pros
Interviewing experience, friendly and determined recruiter
Cons
Experience gained varies by contract, no bereavement pay
not good
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIMarch 19, 2014
• Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals
• Well versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
• Working knowledge of networking devices and printers
• Profound understanding of technical manuals and schematics
• Adept at repairing computer hardware including Windows-based PCs
• Proven ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks simultaneously while maintaining the quality of results
• Extensive experience in backup and image management software
• Expert user of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Able to configure VPN and server/client side hardware and software
• Proven record of managing time and priorities effectively
• Ability to work without supervision
• Committed to learn and relate technical concepts promptly
• Knowledge of lotus notes troubleshooting and configuration
• Proficient in working with users remotely
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
• Swapped out old computers and imaging computers
Pros
free
Cons
not a year long contract like i was told before i left a full time job
TEKSystems is a good company to work for
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work for TEKSystems at the contract location usually included a 40 hour work week. My particular contracts were project oriented or desktop support fill-in for times when the client had extra work that needed to be done.
On these contracts, I usually was able to learn new things that I had never had experience with in the past (i.e., 4G Aircards, VPNs and Microsoft Active Directory migration).
Management and co-workers were always people that I was able to get along with right from the start. I typically don't have trouble getting along with most people since I do work in Customer Service.
The hardest part of the job was working within high stress areas of the hospitals. Emergency rooms and Operating rooms are usually very stressful areas that need things done "yesterday".
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help different people within the hierarchy of health care from the dock workers to the executives.
Pros
recruiters have been helpful and maintain contact with their contractors
Cons
recruiters and clients don't seem to maintain the same amount of contact, the recruiters sometimes do not know the specifics of contracts
Great potential to make money with little work-life balance
Sales Management Trainee/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 21, 2015
Typical day as a recruiter begins at 7:30AM and at the earliest ends at 6pm. 12 hour days are very typical. There was very little work-life balance in an extremely fast-faced and high stress environment. There is a strong focus on hitting your weekly sales numbers and weekly evaluations are common during training. There is no such thing as job security and the business director makes this clear. If you don't produce, you are gone. In my time at TEKsystems, many of my colleagues were either fired or quit. The turnover was extremely high but advancement opportunity into an Account Management position was there. The culture is made up of extremely extroverted personalities and can at times get overwhelming. Everyone is friendly but it is an extremely tight group of individuals who often hang out after hours. Most employees are motivated and mainly driven by money because of the potential to make great commission.
Pros
Earning potential. Young team of extroverts.
Cons
Little work-life balance. High stress environment. No Job security.