TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employer Reviews

AZNET II Team Service Desk
AZNET II Team Service Desk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: contract position, no chance for permanate position
On a daily basis, I would check the queue of all tickets that have had been submitted during after hours. I would dispatch to correct technician, engineer, project coordinator, etc.
I also did the final QA on all tickets that have been closed out by those who tickets were dispatched to.
I had special projects such as entering in all new names and phone numbers into the Remedy data base as each state agency was refreshed and received new Cisco IP phones for billing and ticketing processes.
Young company with emphasis on building their culture
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2015
At TEKsystems in the credit department, my typical day involved reviewing companies and assigning them credit limits and lines based on their financial qualifications. During my time there, I expanded on my knowledge of reading and analyzing financial reports and documents in order to evaluate different companies TEKsystems was doing business with.
Great company and excellent recruiter staff.
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Great company. They communicated well and got me the type of work I requested. The recruitment staff is second to none.
Cold calling potential leads for open job requirements
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fast paced, interesting people
Spent a lot of time on the phone sourcing potential candidates for open positions within various companies. If their qualifications were outstanding I would meet with them face to face and begin putting them through our process that would allow for them to interview for positions.
A recruiting clique
Senior Technology Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2015
The way your TekSystem recruiter gets paid is this: they negotiate an hourly rate with the company that needs contractors. Then they find potential employees whom the company then vets. The recruiter makes money on the difference between the hourly rate that you get and the hourly rate that was negotiated with the company. So it is in their interest to keep your hourly rate as low as possible. This means that your recruiter is, literally, your enemy.
Excellent company to work for!
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 17, 2015
I have worked for other temp agencies (Remedy and Celebrity) who wanted me to call them every day when I was on my way to work, and again to let them know how the assignment was going...I felt like they were babysitting me! Working for TEKSystems has been a dream...they treated me like the adult that I am, and gave me the respect that I deserve.
As an Risk Management Analyst have the following responsibilities and functions: Mastery of BMS security risk assessment tools and question sets.
Risk Management Consultant at JPMorgan Chase (Former Employee), Princeton New JerseyJanuary 16, 2015
Conducts risk assessments on BMS high security risk applications. Understanding of application architectures (including web, client server, mobile & controls around cloud deployments). Responsibilities included vulnerability testing using web scanning tools like Webinspect and/or Appscan. Documents all residual risk; provides security risk advice; gets business approval for remaining residual risk. Prepared operational metrics, trend analysis, risk assessments reports for senior management. Developed understanding of the implementation and adherence to COBIT, HIPPA, PCI, Sarbanes–Oxley Requirements, Action Plans, Substantiations, and Compliance. Provided training and awareness; keeps OneBMS portal materials updated; perform training sessions as needed.

Executed dynamic risk-based assessment plans that identifies value-added recommendations to enhance Company processes and controls. Worked with a highly skilled team environment to secure U.S.-based operations, international company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Conducted pre-audit interviews included reviewing testing business processes and monitoring compliance with company policies, procedures, regulations (e.g., U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, interactions with healthcare professionals) and master services agreements. Strategic assessments include the Company’s social media programs, data privacy and sustainability reporting. Throughout the assessment, the Risk Manager responsible for interacting with senior management.
Contract house
Global Team Lead (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: a nice lunch from time to time and possible training.
Cons: contracts can be limiting
I have worked with Teksystems multiple times. It is a solid company that makes sure the people are paid and gives adequate opportunity training but like with all contract work you get what you negotiate.
Temp assignment
Excellent Co. (Former Employee), 2999 Qak Rd, Walnut Creek Ca.January 12, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: temp
The day consisted of an audit of construction billing at the contractor location, we would review charges and approve or change to the correct billing driver. After reviewing the actual work that was completed.
Wonderful carrier
Technical Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Stockton CAJanuary 8, 2015
best job ever. I am still working and I don't see myself stopping.
A different place for different people.
Project Coordinator/Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good relationship, quick hiring (great for starters)
Cons: pay
It depends a lot with who you end up. I can't say it's bad since I had a great person to work with.
Unfortunate lack of caring
IT Professional (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: lack of attention to workers
I have worked with this company in the past in Beaverton, OR. 9 years ago they were much more caring to their candidates. I have dealt with a couple of individuals there recently that could care less if you get a job with them or not. Horrible recruiters there to say the least. I certainly have no future plans of touching base with them again.
Excellent Service
Consultant - Sr. App Analyst - PACCAR (Current Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 28, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: a little lower pay than other companies, takes a little too long to start direct deposit
Finding a job may be the hardest work in the world, but Teksystems tries their best to make it pain free.

I have always had great experiences with Tek - from finding contracts to getting me in front of the hiring manager totally prepared
Great Company
Web Developer (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 28, 2014
Great Company and wonderful place to work. A typical day involved meeting with the client and going over the requirements and the customers needs. I would backup the system and fix any code that would need to be fixed. The customer would then advise me of any other issue that needed to be addressed for the day.
Fast pased work invironment
Cable Technician (Former Employee), La Jolla, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: easy days
Cons: traveling up to six months at a time or more away from family
Traveling to various locations
Installation of telephony equipment and running of cable
Migration specialist
-Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 26, 2014
Pros: all good
Responsible for migrating critical departments like Surgery rooms and Central Sterile computers running Windows XP to Windows-7. Also responsible for configuring critical medical software SPM and any special software back, after the machine has been migrated. To migrate the machines from Window’s XP to Windodows-7, we used SCCM and .bat scripts to ensure the users backed up and restored data. This included creating the asset tracking number, next, assigning the client a hardware number and then sending the client to be prepared for staging for the build, in SCCM via the PXE boot process to the network. I was also responsible for the technical support and delivery of the client back to the domain, administering user accounts, password resets and the push of GPO via AD/active directory. I reported directly to the team leader.

Great! agency. Weekly paydays, Onsite payroll delivery by recruiters if necessary.. Contract term was fore filled.
They care
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 24, 2014
TekSystems cares about it's employees. I have continued communication sessions with my account manager to assure my needs are being met.

I was promised additional compensation after a 10 month period, based on discussions I had with my account manager during our initial contract discussions. I was given what was promised to me and I respect that my account manager kept to his word.
It is a nomal staffing company
Desktop Technician (Current Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 22, 2014
Pros: they did give me a raise after 3 months and 6 months
Cons: they don't seem to want to get you another position after your first one ends
It was ok, but they don't seem to work hard to find you another position within a timely fashion.
Productive, fast paced with shifting priorities
Systems Analyst- Benefits Setup and Support (Former Employee), Radnor, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, sympathetic management
I was recruited by TEKsystems to be a Business Systems Analyst within the Benefits department at Independence. My first day on assignment I was selected to review questions from internal and external customers regarding possible overages in Out of Pocket Maximums. I was shown how to extract data from AS400 (v 7.0) and apply simple formulas which would sub-total copay, coinsurance and deductibles according to the member's contract. I assisted other consultants with their inquiries. Soon afterwards I was chosen to run and apply weekly updates to AS400 that would reclassify service and diagnosis codes according to medical policy, departmental rules, government mandates and other documents sources.
I loved working here m Fav company to work for in my career :)
IT Lead Technician (Former Employee), San Dieg, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: loved it!
I loved working here m Fav company to work for in my career :) this company I would rate with the Highest rating there is to work for in all angels.

1 2 3 4 5

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more